Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Thanks Conor.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many thanks, Conor.

Time a change and for others to step up.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck Conor, sad to see you leave but understand. Thanks and I hope it works out well for all.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly puke inducing.

Honestly, Coady's hilarious talking about managers/coaches. On that podcast with Dave Edwards he was like "oh yeah Big Tony hit me with a slipper every five minutes, shouted abuse at me as I lay face down in a puddle and said tactics were for foreign weirdos. Top bloke! Great manager!"

In all seriousness though, I don't think we'll ever be able to quantify what Coady's done for us. Allowing him to leave is probably the right thing financially, footballing-wise and ethically, but it's still incredibly sad. I could almost stomach getting relegated if he came back to us aged 33 for a Championship swansong.

We'll never forget what he's done for us, and I hope in time there's some official commemoration of that.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People get far too hung up on things players say when they leave. Of course he's not going to be smiling much, he's out of a team evolving to play without him and would have been starting the season before the world cup on the bench. Now he has the opportunity to go home and play football again.

We needed to evolve and this was the time (if not sooner) but he's been a good Captain and Nuno deserves massive credit for turning a midfield plodder into an England international and key player for us during our European run.

Also - had a message from a guy who works for one of the London clubs, apparently quite sizeable loan fee involved and certain the move will be permanent, financial arrangement suits both parties
Perhaps some folk need to read your last para and think.....

Wswolf

Reaction score
Worse decision the club has made. To let him go when most likely after 5 games we figure out we cant play a back four with the squad we have we willbe up the creek without a paddle.

Its mind blowing some of the decisions being made.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The end of an era. His reinvention from an average Championship midfielder, to established England international central defender with a phenomenal passing range and the best leadership qualities of any Wolves player that I can remember, is a story to capture the imagination.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton just announced a £33m signing. How come we got **** all for Coady?

I just don’t get it. Yes there’s being nice to coady etc but FFs
wheels within wheels.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must say that I found the Everton FC interview somewhat hard to take

His professed desire to join Everton ASAP, wrankles a little. Saying he got goose bumps when he received Lampard's phone call.

Couldn't wait to join them etc etc.

When interviewed at Wolves, he was effusive about how privileged he was to be.Club Captain and that coming into work with the players an coaches of such a huge club, was absolutely fantastic.

Everyone was so good, knowledgeable and professional, that it really was the best experience he could have wished for.

I can understand why he's enthusiastic about joining Everton, as all his family including young son, are die hard Evertonians.

However I do feel that he could have given a mention of his gratitude to Wolves , for all they did to enhance and develop his playing style and progression.

But I suppose you can't expect everything.

Wolves, Only Wolves,. Onwards and Upwards !!

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

His professed desire to join Everton ASAP, wrankles a little. Saying he got goose bumps when he received Lampard's phone call.

When interviewed at Wolves, he was effusive about how privileged he was to be.Club Captain and that coming into work with the players an coaches of such a huge club, was absolutely fantastic.

Everyone was so good, knowledgeable and professional, that it really was the best experience he could have wished for.

I can understand why he's enthusiastic about joining Everton, as all his family including young son, are die hard Evertonians.

However I do feel that he could have given a mention of his gratitude to Wolves , for all they did to enhance and develop his playing style and progression.

When have you ever seen a single player who's signed for us bang on about their old club?

It's same old script; excited to be here, massive club, really impressed with the manager's plans, can't wait to get started etc etc

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If Guedes kept talking about how great Valencia are, how privelaged he felt to have played there, and how great their fans are, what would you think?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

I expect some Valencia fans are upset by Guedes excitement at joining wolves

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

What about the statement he put out about leaving Wolves?

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What about the statement he put out about leaving Wolves?
Agree it was an excellent heartfelt statement.

Can't fault it in any way.

Many thanks Conor.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Guedes kept talking about how great Valencia are, how privelaged he felt to have played there, and how great their fans are, what would you think?
He was grateful for such a positive experience.

However now is the time to move ON, as the Premier League beckons in the form of Wolves.

Having spoken to a number of their Portuguese contingent, he's aware of their extensive fan base and desire to challenge for a European Place.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When have you ever seen a single player who's signed for us bang on about their old club?

It's same old script; excited to be here, massive club, really impressed with the manager's plans, can't wait to get started etc etc
Spot on and so true.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What a captain, what a guy. Coady represented Wolves and the city brilliantly over his time here and rarely let us down on the pitch at the centre of a back 3. Goes without saying he’ll be a huge miss in the dressing room and the training pitches at Compton too.

He’ll do well at Everton and have a great career in coaching or punditry when he hangs up his boots further down the line. Despite the move, might still be tough for him to make the WC squad with all the young talent coming through but here’s hoping he does.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Right man at right time. His personality was a huge factor in our success over last 6/7 years. But time - and life - moves on. Thanks Connor for all you did to restore pride in Wolves.

And now others can - and will - step up to the plate & be leaders.

I am sure Connor has nothing but good things to say how much he appreciates what Wolves have done for him too. But let’s not expect him to say this when he is trying in his usual effusive way to endear himself to the Everton fans.

I wish him & family well & hope he achieves World Cup dream … but suspect he won’t! And I hope he had a great season … but at the last fails to prevent Everton relegation!!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't care about what he says about Everton, ofc he has to say he's excited about the challenge, big club etc.

You've been a thoroughly decent lad and a top performer for us. I'm gutted that you're going but I wish you the very best. You've been class for us and a real leader during a period of success I'd honestly given up on seeing (top half PL etc.).

I've never been this gutted about a player going, and that includes the mega-talented Robbie Keane and Dean Richards.

I think hearing Gill Scott say you're her favourite player said everything. You're pure class. UTW.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive thanks for everything Conor.

Interesting question: my mate is an Everton fan, a local lad who knows wolves well (Everton fan reason is a long story). He is arguing that Cody has been our most consistent and best player for the whole current premier league period?
I agree with him.
He has certainly been the most consistent. Jonny may have something to say about that though.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I can't believe this needs to be explained. But apparently it does.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps some folk need to read your last para and think.....
Think?…..really?
Why think? They know with absolute certainty that Wolves are run by clowns, fools, idiots, morons, jokers,.
Its all an utter joke, a shambles, it’s chaotic and Jeff and Sellars should be sacked immediately and Fosun are useless.

Back
Top Bottom