Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Thanks Conor.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck fella.
Thank you for the integral role you played in our resurrection.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember seeing him at right back at Pride Park getting torn to pieces and thinking just get rid, he's got no future here if we want to go anywhere

But the journey he captained us throughout from just two games after that was stuff I'd only dreamed of. Been an absolute credit to himself and the club and led us with class and dignity

They said he was a scouser... I guess he is

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i guess everyone who doesn't think he's good enough for us will find out now.
i just find it interesting that teams aiming for the top 10/ top 6 are wanting to play 5 at the back, yet we are craving to go 4 at the back when we don't have the world class players needed to do it

Who wants to play with a back 5??

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell that video was emotional.

Even if this backfires massively, we lose 8 in a row and ditch the back 4, I do think this is right move.

I love Coady the player and the man but you can't have club captain on the bench, especially in this weird world cup year. The Johnson/Henry situation was cataclysmic and clearly Coady hasn't taken it well that he's no longer first choice (and I don't blame him one bit).

I really enjoyed having such a top guy associated with our club and being synonymous with Wolves. I lost a lot of love for Wolves in between Mick and Nuno - I credit Coady with bringing me back into the fold.

We wanted revolution and now we have it.

Torbay Wolf

Reaction score
Once in a while, a player comes into view whose desire and belief is all encompassing. Conor, you have been that man for my club, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I sincerely hope that you get your wish and get some game time in the World Cup later this year.

As a man, You won't be easy to replace!

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have been a credit to Wolverhampton Wanderers Conor, and a credit to your family.
Good luck for the future and you will be remembered as one of the best Wolves captains ever.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Who wants to play with a back 5??
Think Brighton do a fair bit but not always, Chelsea obviously do. Can't think of anyone else who does hugely regularly. Newcastle did it a few times but are firmly a 4 now. Leicester mix it up with a 5 at times.
Most teams in the division play 4 atb

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad to see him go, but its the right move if not the right deal.

Thanks for your service Conor. You have been a great servant and a great player for us. I'm sure you will be missed.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ultimate professional, role model and stand up guy. The dressing room will really miss his positive energy but all things must come to an end and it seems the right time for him and us to try something new.

Wish him all the best at Everton.

Tors

Reaction score
Top bloke on and off the field, Thanks heaps Connor.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me, Nuno was more than the coach……he was the face of the club, the glue. And Coady was the face of the team.
Both massively bigger than their roles. ……great role models.
Both were incredibly important on Wolves resurgence.

Coady’s leaving leaves us with no natural charismatic leader. That big broad grin was great to see.

Well, with this move, hopefully he’ll get to play PL football for a few more years.

Thanks so very much Conor.

( must be a sad shock to his kids).

and thanks Wolves for easing him into this new chapter in his life. To be told you aren’t needed anymore must be a huge loss of face in front of family, friends and neighbours.
One minute your a star and next you’re a has been at the club you adored.

Last edited:

Stingray II

Reaction score
I'm somewhat shocked and saddened. This change came so fast. It's described as a loan, but is probably the end. Clubs don't usually "loan out" seasoned pros who regularly play every game. Regardless of the reason behind this severance, I'll miss him. He was a big part of those early Nuno years, which were pure magic. It's not jut about his football contribution either. He's a great leader, motivator and a magnificent ambassador for this club. We've lost that now. Not many clubs have one of those. I guess Everton have one now.

I wish nothing but the best for this man. He gave everything he had for Wolves, every minute of every day. Bon voyage et bon chance, mon ami.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Deserves his place in our history. Wish him nothing but the very best and thank him for his hard work and leadership of our club. Hope his new chapter works out for him.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll miss that cheesy grin, the delivered at 90 miles an hour Scouse, the occasional goals (especially the one at Veela!) and the superb leadership. Without a doubt our best captain since Mike Bailey. I look forward to Guedes giving you the run around at Goodison! Cheers mate x
Will he be allowed to play because he’s on loan?

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wish Conor all the best at Everton
He will get a very special and emotional reception when he next comes to Molineux

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He served Wolves wonderfully well, and was a credit to the club and his family. I for one wish he was still calling the shots but as that is not to be, I wish him and his family well both now and in the years ahead.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been an inspirational leader on and off the field. I hope that team spirit remains now he's gone.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've made a big mistake in getting rid of Coady. Nobody here knows the real reason he's gone but as has been said I think there's more to this than what we have been told. We're going to look rather silly if Everton stay up due to his inspirational leadership and we don't.

Last edited:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People get far too hung up on things players say when they leave. Of course he's not going to be smiling much, he's out of a team evolving to play without him and would have been starting the season before the world cup on the bench. Now he has the opportunity to go home and play football again.

We needed to evolve and this was the time (if not sooner) but he's been a good Captain and Nuno deserves massive credit for turning a midfield plodder into an England international and key player for us during our European run.

Also - had a message from a guy who works for one of the London clubs, apparently quite sizeable loan fee involved and certain the move will be permanent, financial arrangement suits both parties

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
"Taking out Coady has allowed him to bring in another attack-minded player, with 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 exchanged for 4-2-3-1.

Wolves had 15 shots at Elland Road on Saturday, a total they only bettered in five of their 38 league games last season.

They had six on target, a number they bettered just twice last year, even if one of those was also away against Leeds. And they lost."..

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Haven't got a bad word to say about him. Thank you Conor, and all the very best to you.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks Conor - great leader, great man, important part of our revival under Fosun. Best wishes

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Very sad about him leaving, and pribably the most so about anyone leaving Wolves. One of my favourite ever players.
Would have loved him as part of he squad this season, but i guess credit to him for chasing first team football. A great captain abd representative of the club. One of the most likeable, if not 'the' most in football.

Also a good example to others. Where young promising (apparently world beating) players have let things slip one way or another, be it through attitude, lack of work ethic or others, Coady has gone from championship player to unlikely England captain. And i felt so proud seeing him wear that shirt. He really seemed like one of the family

You can knock his pace but it always made me smile to see him somehow be the first to celebrate a goal

I am sure it was a hard decision for him to leave, and he should return to great reception.

Thanks Coads. A legend and true pillar of a new era

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is a Wolves Legend and will go down with Neves and Jiminez as the face of the era.

Along with everything else mentioned. His organisation and positioning was a huge part in our success under Nunos system.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A player who will be remembered for a long time.

Thankyou!

ps this is the first time I have posted thanks to a leaving player, that must say something?

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
So much I could say about Conor Coady, he has personified everything that has been great about our rise from Championship mediocrity over the last few years, his own journey has mirrored that of the club as a whole. I guess three things stand out for me:

1. When we scored, watching him sprint the length of the pitch to be first at the celebrations - passion for the club
2. His constant organising, cajoling, talking, shouting, encouraging - a leader amongst men
3. His joy at scoring, from Bolton to Villa and back to Molineux, his goals were a rarity but his joy was boundless - his pure connection with us supporters

And of course that priceless interview on Sky when he was told by Carragher, that Kilman had got man of the match, priceless...

Good luck Conor, we know you have to big up Everton now and thats the game, but you'll always be a Wolf.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive thanks for everything Conor.

Interesting question: my mate is an Everton fan, a local lad who knows wolves well (Everton fan reason is a long story). He is arguing that Cody has been our most consistent and best player for the whole current premier league period?
I agree with him.

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Sorry but don't share the View.. He is not a legend.
In too much of a rush to leave for my liking..
What if he doesn't get a game in the World cup..
Better motivator than player.
Should of stood up to Bruno and said I'm going to fight for my place in a back four.
To be honest if he is a good enough player he should be able to adapt to playing in a 3 or 4..
Listening to Kevin Doyle on Saturday he also thinks Collins is better in a back 3 but can adapt to a 4..
That's just speculation. We'll never know what conversations happened between Coady and Bruno, but it's equally likely that Bruno told him he no longer had a place in a back 4 and he needed to find a new club.

None of that takes away from what he's done for Wolves as captain over our best period in 50-odd years , and perhaps as good as it will get in my lifetime.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive thanks for everything Conor.

Interesting question: my mate is an Everton fan, a local lad who knows wolves well (Everton fan reason is a long story). He is arguing that Cody has been our most consistent and best player for the whole current premier league period?
I agree with him.
Consistent maybe yes.. best, not for me.

Back
Top Bottom