Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Thanks Conor.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish I hadn't watched that Everton interview. Made it clear he wanted to go.
I will thank him for his efforts over the years for us. A wonderful leader and someone who actually improved as a player in his time here. Seeing him captain England as a Wolves player was nearly as great as watching Bully v Scotland. Loved his enthusiasm and what he brought to the club but his comments about wanting to leave to join Everton as soon as he heard of their interest don't sit well. Thanks for the memories Conor but best that Everton make it permanent as soon as they can.

Nige

Reaction score
Sorry but don't share the View.. He is not a legend.
In too much of a rush to leave for my liking..
What if he doesn't get a game in the World cup..
Better motivator than player.
Should of stood up to Bruno and said I'm going to fight for my place in a back four.
To be honest if he is a good enough player he should be able to adapt to playing in a 3 or 4..
Listening to Kevin Doyle on Saturday he also thinks Collins is better in a back 3 but can adapt to a 4..

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A great servant and leader for us.

I just still
Don’t get why it’s a loan. For us. Not happy with that at all.

But he deserves to do well. Wish he had stayed and fought for his place. But wish him all the best. Met him for a few hrs and he is a top bloke. Also had a beer with his brother in BrAga.

Liskeard wolf

Reaction score
Thanks Conor. One of the best. Thanks for all the smiles and the enthusiasm. A massive part of our journey back to the top

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you Conor. Classy message too, as expected. Brought tears to my eyes.
Ps despite the link saying "Log in to Instagram" it'll work whether you have Instagram or not. Lovely video montage of Coady talking.

Doesn't work for me.....

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with everyone else who has said that he was the best captain since Bailey, and the most improved Wolves player ever!
Hope he makes the World Cup squad although very disappointed that we won’t see (Wolves) next to his name.
Hope he comes back to Wolves in some capacity some time.

Technically still a Wolves player when he goes to the world cup, I assume Everton can only make the loan permanent in January or summer.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll miss that cheesy grin, the delivered at 90 miles an hour Scouse, the occasional goals (especially the one at Veela!) and the superb leadership. Without a doubt our best captain since Mike Bailey. I look forward to Guedes giving you the run around at Goodison! Cheers mate x

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Could see he really appreciated the fans singing his name before kick off on Saturday when we knew he was likely to be leaving and that he wanted to go. It's such a shame to see him leave but probably best for all involved. 7 year itch maybe, but we need to move on, it might not work of course, but we were never going to change the style with Coady in the side. Not having him around the club will be a huge loss and I'm highly dubious of the idea of a loan, but wish him all the best, we owe each other so much.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll miss that cheesy grin, the delivered at 90 miles an hour Scouse, the occasional goals (especially the one at Veela!) and the superb leadership. Without a doubt our best captain since Mike Bailey. I look forward to Guedes giving you the run around at Goodison! Cheers mate x
Won't, unless the move is made permanent before then, happen this season....

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Captained Wolves during the best Wolves years in my lifetime (I’m 36).

Been so proud of him as our ambassador, he seemed to genuinely love playing for Wolves, the amount of non-Wolves fans who comment on what a good bloke he was seemed high too, such a rarity.

I know he didn’t play, but was so pleased there was a Wolves player in the Euro 2020 squad, and great he rightfully got the plaudits for his role he deserved.

Gutted he’s going.

Thanks Conor, you made us proud, wish you every success with your career.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m sad to see Conor go he was the best captain I’ve seen down the Mol. I get it that Bruno doesn’t think he was going to fit into his plans and with a World cup coming up he needs to play regularly so it’s not a big surprise. Big call by Bruno though and one could backfire on him if the 4 at the back doesn’t come good. We will have to hope Bruno knows what he’s doing and we emerge with a solid back 4.

Bruno

Reaction score
Proud to of had Connor as our leader, has been a great ambassador for our club and good luck to him and his family in the future……but we go again

Blackpool Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Be very proud of yourself Conor - you led us on one hell of a journey in the most exemplary way.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks Conor for all you’ve done in your time here. A great guy, and captain and a true leader on and off the pitch. Good luck in the next stage of your career. All good things come to an end , time for the next chapter in Wolves and Conor’s journeys

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Love Conor and wish him well: Find everything about this deal just proper weird.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From fairly average Championship midfielder to top-class sweeper leading Wolves into the Premier League and Europe, and captaining England.

A class act on the pitch and even better leader and ambassador for the club off it. Leaves as our best Captain since Mike Bailey and a true Wolves hero.

Thank you for everything Conor. Best of luck to you and your family going forward.

Couldn't have put it better.

All the best Coady!

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but don't share the View.. He is not a legend.
In too much of a rush to leave for my liking..
What if he doesn't get a game in the World cup..
Better motivator than player.
Should of stood up to Bruno and said I'm going to fight for my place in a back four.
To be honest if he is a good enough player he should be able to adapt to playing in a 3 or 4..
Listening to Kevin Doyle on Saturday he also thinks Collins is better in a back 3 but can adapt to a 4..
So you say he’s a “better motivator than player” but also think he should fight for his place??

Maybe he’s honest enough to admit the obvious, that he isn’t a centre back in a 2 in a premier league team, and move on rather than trouser 60k a week for sitting on the bench?

An absolute legend in my eyes.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top class professional, captain and ambassador.

Typical of his professionalism with his comments full of praise about his time with us. Also saying good things about Everton.

Gonna miss you Conor.

Evertons next captain?

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite a mess of a deal by the club just to see him depart on a loan, but nobody can have any ill feeling toward him. Hopefully this gets him on the plane to the World Cup as otherwise it feels quite a premature exit.

He has been the perfect figurehead for the club over the last 5 years and a huge part of a fantastic rollercoaster ride under Nuno (who also deserves a lot of credit for identifying that role for Coady). He'll leave a big hole in the dressing room, and I really hope the likes of Moutinho and Neves will be able to compensate.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Always a difficult scenario for everyone involved when these things happen. Conor seems to have been part of the fixtures and fittings for so long now.

I wish him all the best and hope we don’t miss him as much as I think we will. The old adage, nothing stays the same. You can’t start a new chapter until you’ve completed the last. Hope the next one is as good.

Hard to imagine we will ever have a better ambassador for the club.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks Connor, brilliant leader but most importantly even better man. Good luck coads

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
Good luck Capt, you’ve represented wolves with pride and dignity, that means a lot in these days of young players who flaunt their wealth and arrogance. Always will be welcome down at the molineux with that smile, hope you have a great 6 months, experience the World Cup and then come back and keep Everton below us.

DeWolfMan60

Reaction score
Wonderful servant to the club and a wonderful human being. A big void to fill. Good luck Conor

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A great servant and leader for us.

I just still
Don’t get why it’s a loan. For us. Not happy with that at all.

But he deserves to do well. Wish he had stayed and fought for his place. But wish him all the best. Met him for a few hrs and he is a top bloke. Also had a beer with his brother in BrAga.

It's a loan because nobody was paying for him and without a loan his value would only depreciate.

He's a stop gap for Everton unless they're so down and out they're prepared to play a style of football that is entirely negative.

I loved Coady the person.

But Coady the player was limited, a championship signing who wasn't even a championship midfielder of note, he played out of his skin for us in a negative defensive system that hid many flaws and helped us to over perform as a unit.

Last year Lage did well to not bring about too sudden a change and Coady improved even further I felt as a result, but the writing has been on the wall for a year.

Best of luck Conor, top man, you've left your mark.

Onwards and upwards.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The American's have the famous Mount Rushmore carving of four of their best Presidents, if Wolves had a Mount Rushmore of captains in my now near 50 years as a fan Conor Coady would be one of the four, with Emlyn Hughes, Ally Robertson and Mike Bailey the others.

Reaction score
I understand why he’s moved but it’s very sad, one of the few remaining links to the juggernaut we were under Nuno the first two Prem years where it looked, fleetingly, like we’d make the Champions League. Coady led that. Obviously a cracking guy and I’m surprised we’ve shoehorned ourselves into playing a 4 now, he’d have got games against the top 6 which is a third of the matches, but I appreciate his need for more regular football. The video on his Instagram has tugged at the heart strings

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just thought i would say thanks to conor coady. I have supported wolves for 52 years and he is up there with bailey and hughes as a captain and in my view one of our greats. He epitomised the Nuno era. I wish him all the best and hope we welcome him back rather than boo him. Great leader, great man

this whole thing sums the insane running of the Wolves, so we lose our captain to a rival club, and at the end of the season he will be back but without the gold blood running through his veins, despicable what's going on.

geowolf

Reaction score
Yeah good luck Conor. You've been brilliant for us in the best Wolves team for 50 years. Hope your heart stays with Wolves and that we'll see you back here when you move on to coaching and management.

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
I'm sad to see Conor leave. He's been inspirational at times for Wolves and I'll miss him.

However, this team is evolving and unfortunately there's no longer a need for his position.

Good luck at Everton.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed.

Very sad to see him go. All been a bit offish and a bit too quick.

A legend for us. Thanks Conor.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for everything Conor, from Championship to Europe what you’ve done won’t ever be forgotten.

Didn’t realise he was so unhappy towards the end though! Comments from his wife and mom on instagram…

View attachment 29365

View attachment 29366

Yes seem to think there is more to it... Could have started with the Norwich game when took off at half time.

Bruno has made a big call here, if it doesn't work in the next few games he is going to look silly.

Words can not explain how great this bloke has been for us, and to think nobody really liked him much after the first few seasons. Thank Conor and your family for the role you have played and the wonderful few seasons we've had and experienced.

He still lives in the area and makes sense with a young family.

Me Babbies

Reaction score
i guess everyone who doesn't think he's good enough for us will find out now.
i just find it interesting that teams aiming for the top 10/ top 6 are wanting to play 5 at the back, yet we are craving to go 4 at the back when we don't have the world class players needed to do it

Back
Top Bottom