Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Thanks Conor.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For Coady to say ‘I probably wasn’t going to be involved’ is a lie.

We, quite clearly, had no plans to buy another centre-back. It took Boly’s refusal to turn up for us to go in the market.

Coady was involved at Leeds. Well at least I think you’re involved if you make the bench.

All the signs suggest he was third choice.

And he quite simply couldn’t accept that.

That’s someone having an ego and it goes against everything we thought Coady was about.
During the Pre-Season in Portugal, Conor didn't take part in the Saturday game against Sporting and instead played the following evening against Faro in a very inexperienced and young team.
The fact that this would have felt like a demotion must have made him think that the writing was on the wall if he wasn't aware already.

I felt the bloke tbh, and fair play to him as he was the only player after that Sunday game who walked across and had numerous selfies taken with the travelling supporters as well as giving away his shirt and Captain's armband.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
During the Pre-Season in Portugal, Conor didn't take part in the Saturday game against Sporting and instead played the following evening against Faro in a very inexperienced and young team.
The fact that this would have felt like a demotion must have made him think that the writing was on the wall if he wasn't aware already.

I felt the bloke tbh, and fair play to him as he was the only player after that Sunday game who walked across and had numerous selfies taken with the travelling supporters as well as giving away his shirt and Captain's armband.
He came on for Kilman against Sporting so he was third choice.

There was no 'writing on the wall' or anything like that. He was the backup but didn't want to stay and fight for his place.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He came on for Kilman against Sporting so he was third choice.

There was no 'writing on the wall' or anything like that. He was the backup but didn't want to stay and fight for his place.
My mistake, i didn't think he featured against Sporting.

You say fight for his place, was that realistic if the coach wanted to play four at the back?

Anyway, whatever the case I'm not ITK so who really knows what the player thought. What is for sure, he's playing every week now and as a Wolves player (at that time) there's a good chance he'll be in Qatar as part of the England squad.

Back
Top Bottom