Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team v Liverpool

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
-------------------Sa----------------------
------Mosquera---Coady---Gomes---------
-Jonny---------------------------Ait-Nouri-
------------Neves----Moutinho------------
-Podence-------------------------Neto---
-------------------Silva-------------------

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Jonny Boly Coady Gomes RAN
Chiquinho Neves Moutinho Neto
Jimenez
With hindsight I think this should have been the team v city too.

Probably bring Silva on at half time if Jimenez is ineffective.

Yeah, I think both Gomes and Chiquinho have done enough to deserve a start and I'd agree with your lineup.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to see Gomes play on the left of the three. It will be a big test for him up against Salah on that side of the pitch. I would like to see how he handles it alongside Ait-Nouri.

I also think Neto and Chiquinho have to play. One of the few vulnerabilities Liverpool have, if you can call it that, is the high line the defence plays. We will need pace to beat it.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant see us going back four or two in midfield
More likely two up top with Neto and Raul,bring Chico on after the hour with Pod probably

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really, really doesn't matter. Liverpool have to win to have any chance of winning the league, and we've shown in recent months we've got nothing about us, apart from that last 10 mins vs Chelsea. We're going to get absolutely tonked.

10 behind the ball and lobbing it up to Raul to chase in the corners when we can. Goody.

(Would like to see Trincao)

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Sa
Dendoncker, Coady, Toti
Jonny, Neves, Moutinho, RAN
Trincao, Fabio, Neto

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burgoyne
Coady Stearman Hause Doherty
Edwards Evans Saville
Costa Dicko Weimann​

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I expect Ruddy might be in goal

But on my choice

SA
Jonny Coady Gomes Ran
Moutinho Neves
Chiquiho Podence Neto
Jimenez

Likely to get a battering but its a solid team

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I seriously doubt it will matter to the scoreline who actually plays, but I'd be disappointed if Chiquinho, Neto, Silva and Ait-Nouri - four players who will surely be here next here, and who at least actively try and get forward, even if it doesn't come to much - don't start. More than happy for Toti to be in there too. If we lose, we lose, but let's do it with some fire in the belly.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it’s a question of whether we want to play an attacking formation to at least try to make it a game, or play the most solid line up we have to try to restrict Liverpool. Unfortunately against City, we tried the former and got skinned alive. Can’t see Liverpool being any different if we tried it again. If we try to stay tight, Liverpool will score and we won’t.

Also, while it would be great to test our likely remainers ahead of next season, if they get hammered on the final day, it’s not the greatest start to an important summer. However any of those who know they are likely to leave are hardly likely to go full throttle and risk an injury, so I wouldn’t start any of them.

All irrelevant anyway. :(

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it’s a question of whether we want to play an attacking formation to at least try to make it a game, or play the most solid line up we have to try to restrict Liverpool. Unfortunately against City, we tried the former and got skinned alive. Can’t see Liverpool being any different if we tried it again.

Also, while it would be great to test our likely remainers ahead of next season, if they get hammered on the final day, it’s not the greatest start to an important summer. However any of those who know they are likely to leave are hardly likely to go full throttle and risk an injury, so I wouldn’t start any of them.

All irrelevant anyway. :(
Don't forget the Premier league title is at stake. I guess he try to thwart Liverpool and hope for a lucky break.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there any serious doubt about whether we're going to lose?

Any result other than defeat would be a bigger shock than Leicester winning the Premier League in 2016!

Anything can happen on the day. City race into a 2-0/3-0 lead early on, news filters through, a couple of red heads go down. One of theirs gets sent off for clopping Chiq or Neto. Pressure mounts. A Neves farewell screamer. We play with a nothing-to-lose freedom...

Got to have hope, right?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't forget the Premier league title is at stake. I guess he try to thwart Liverpool and hope for a lucky break.

I know it is, but I honestly can’t see anything other than a defeat whatever team we put out. Too many of our key players are either injured or not fully back to their sharpest, and too many of the others, appear to have given up after Leeds. While I’d love to frustrate Klopp and cause him to blow a fuse by putting ten behind the ball and stopping everything, I think the officials will be kind to them and give them the decisions they need to break us down.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The patterned and trademarked Lage(r) lump 2-2-4-1-1 tactic I presume to give the scousers a much deserved guard of honour.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not looking forward to the match I think we are gonna get an absolute tonking and it will be an unjust way to bid farewell to Neves/Mout/Saiss and possibly one or two others.

This is the last time we will see them in a Wolves shirt. A draw against a poor Norwich side and very likely a good hammering on the last match. I actually resent the club, fosun and the working mens club committee for how they have let this era finish. The past 4 transfer windows have been awful. I want to see big changes this summer.

Day should be good though, always enjoy Liverpool.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I expect Ruddy might be in goal

But on my choice

SA
Jonny Coady Gomes Ran
Moutinho Neves
Chiquiho Podence Neto
Jimenez

Likely to get a battering but its a solid team
Can't see Ruddy starting. He's had his Molineux farewell and would imagine player of the season Sa would be pretty upset to miss the final game of our season and a match that helps decide the championship. Norwich at home is one thing but Liverpool away is another. I'm sure Lage wants to avoid a last day thrashing at the hands of Liverpool and will do anything possible, any of the tightest margins to ensure that doesn't happen.

My only hope for this game is that Man City gallop into a comfortable lead early on and Klopp decides to take off key players to ensure they're fit and rested for the Champions League final. I'm never a naysayer and I'm optimistic to a fault but I'd take a defeat of a two goal margin now and then Praise the Lord that this season, which was going so well but is now turning into a car crash in slow motion, is finally over. Looking forward to summer weekends without football.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anything can happen on the day. City race into a 2-0/3-0 lead early on, news filters through, a couple of red heads go down. One of theirs gets sent off for clopping Chiq or Neto. Pressure mounts. A Neves farewell screamer. We play with a nothing-to-lose freedom...

Got to have hope, right?
Well, if Hollywood were scripting it in a motion picture perhaps, but, c'mon, we all know it simply ain't going to happen.

I had hope when we played Liverpool at home earlier in the season, at a juncture when we were playing with purpose more often than not. With our recent form (let's face it, we've lost our way since February) up against theirs, with what is potentially at stake for them, I put our chances of winning at no more than 1 in 1,000. Theoretically possible, but, sadly, in reality simply not about to happen.

Last edited:

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

Got to have hope, right?
Looking forward to seeing you back this optimism up in the Prediction League at the weekend!

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, if Hollywood were scripting it in a motion picture perhaps, but, c'mon, we all know it simply ain't going to happen.

I had hope when we played Liverpool at home earlier in the season, at a juncture when we were playing with purpose more often than not. With our recent form (let's face, we've lost our way since February) up against theirs, with what is potentially at stake for them, I put our chances of winning at no more than 1 in 1,000. Theoretically possible, but, sadly, in reality simply not about to happen.

Never tell me the odds!

But, yes. :D

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Mosquera Coady Toti
Jonny Neves Mouts RAN
Podence
Silva Raul

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Johnny Boly Toti RAN
Donk Neves Joao
Chiq Raul Neto

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sondegard Sa Ruddy Moulden

Jonny Boly Mosquera Coady Toti Marcal RAN

Keep it tight early doors.
Nah, I’d have Sondergaard on the left and Moulden on the right tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: Ned

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just hope we give it a good go against Liverpool.
With all due respect for what he did for us in the past, I hope Boly doesn't appear in defence unless there is another injury.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Jonny Boly Toti Marcal
Neves Dendoncker Moutinho
Chiquinho Silva Neto

Try something differently for a change

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whoever we field I think it's worth asking for a 2 goal start to make it more interesting.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it totally against the rules to put all 11 on the goal line and just block it off and don't move?
Might nick a 0-0.
Like in cricket when the late great Ian Chappel once bowled underarm to an opposing batsman. Can't remember who it was though without looking it up. Innovation!

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it totally against the rules to put all 11 on the goal line and just block it off and don't move?
Might nick a 0-0.
Like in cricket when the late great Ian Chappel once bowled underarm to an opposing batsman. Can't remember who it was though without looking it up. Innovation!
How would you block off the top level of the goal, if your players were not 11 giants with large heads? Otherwise, sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom