Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team v Everton

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely Jonny should be rested?
Would hate to take a risk with him.

Sa
Boly Coady Killman
????? Neves Moutinho RAN
Podence Jimenez Neto

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same team. If Jonny wasn't fit to play he wouldn't have been on the bench the last few weeks let alone start last night, just needs his match fitness

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Kilman back in as long as his mind is right for Saiss. Neto back in for Hwang if he can last an hour or so

Reactions: Ian

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely Jonny should be rested?
Would hate to take a risk with him.

Sa
Boly Coady Killman
????? Neves Moutinho RAN
Podence Jimenez Neto
Apart from the Jonny question I like this. I have being waiting to watch a fully fit Podence/Neto/Ran play together. Let Raul stay up front and let these guys feed him.

Finally, we are getting to the point where Bruno has fit and good backups to choose from.
Slooooooooowly , very slowly, it’s coming together. That win yesterday must have given all the lads and Bruno a HUGE lift. I bet everyone’s in a great mood at training today:)

However, Everton will be in no mood to lose again after the thrashing Spurs gave them. I

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As last night with Neto for Hwang
You’d risk Jonny playing 2 games in quick succession?
No inclination to bring killman back in as a week or two ago I suspect he was favourite to win player of season...

Most people harp on about wanting a bigger squad then don’t propose any rotation even with 2 games in 4 days...

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We dont know that playing Jonny increases the risk of injury. That's guesswork so we'll leave it up to the medical staff. He did come off early last night. Was quite good we could cruise though last 30 mins.

Expect Raul and Hwang will both start again given they were hooked early. Maybe rotate podence with Neto?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We dont know that playing Jonny increases the risk of injury. That's guesswork so we'll leave it up to the medical staff. He did come off early last night. Was quite good we could cruise though last 30 mins.

Expect Raul and Hwang will both start again given they were hooked early. Maybe rotate podence with Neto?
I think Raul was hooked because we were three up so that Fabio could have minutes. I agree both Raul and Hwang will probably start.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is how I think he will go... Jonny was taken off at 80 mins to be able to play at Everton, and you'd have to assume that was in line with what his fitness levels are capable of now and he's being assessed constantly

Hwang and Raul both taken off with the same in mind so I think Podence playing the whole game will be the reason he's rotated and likely in mind before kick off

Sa
Boly - Coady - Saiss
Jonny - Neves - Moutinho - RAN
Neto - Jimenez - Hwang
And he'll bring on Podence around the hour mark for likely Neto

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same team, but Jonny the only doubt.

Fatigue can increase the risk of a cruciate ligament rupture, so it would be more of a risk if he is showing signs of tiredness.

But the club will know all that and probably wouldn’t take any unnecessary risks with him! I expect he will play 60-70 mins.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would start with exactly the same team. I know Hwang did not do much (apart from 1 assist) but I think he offers more physicality than a clearly three-quarters-fit Neto.

I know Neto needs time and games, but another half an hour off the bench is what he needs now. If he was fit enough to start, he would have played last night at home against a bottom three team.

It's going to be really intense at Everton, they have us and then Newcastle at home - what they will see as winnable games - then they have a really tough run of fixtures

After the next two home games they have;

West Ham (Away) - loss
United (Home) - loss
Palace (Home) - draw
Liverpool (Away) - loss
Chelsea (Home) - loss
Leicester (Away) - loss
Brentford (Home) - win
Arsenal (Away) - loss

They also have three fixtures still to be confirmed;

Burnley (away) - real six-pointer!
Leicester (Home) - draw
Watford (Away) - win

They could be right in the mire if they don't pick up points in the next two home games.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Jonny is a risk surely we would have just bought him off at HT.

Fully expect to see the same team.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

You’d risk Jonny playing 2 games in quick succession?
No inclination to bring killman back in as a week or two ago I suspect he was favourite to win player of season...

Most people harp on about wanting a bigger squad then don’t propose any rotation even with 2 games in 4 days...
Who is playing RB then? A child?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have 10 games left and all our forward players are fit.

Everton‘s defence is **** and we will definitely score against them.

Start with Neto, Raul and Podence with the rest of the starting 11 the same as against Watford.

I would like to see Trincao given some game time from the bench. He has no doubt been given a wake up call by Bruno, especially after his West Ham performance. I do think there is a really good player in the making and with just 10 games remaining he needs to show he deserves a permanent move. Thats if he wants it.

I know he has many doubters on the Mix and I was critical of him after West Ham (quite rightly imo) but I do think he will learn from Bruno and understand what is required in the Premier League. He needs to play and get us on his side with hard work and not some of the powder puff stuff we have seen so far.

I’ve just read an interview with him on Sky Sports website where he talks about playing with Messi for Barcelona and Ronaldo for Portugal and how they have given him advice how to play. Its time for him to show what he has learned from them isn’t it.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would start with exactly the same team. I know Hwang did not do much (apart from 1 assist) but I think he offers more physicality than a clearly three-quarters-fit Neto.

I know Neto needs time and games, but another half an hour off the bench is what he needs now. If he was fit enough to start, he would have played last night at home against a bottom three team.

It's going to be really intense at Everton, they have us and then Newcastle at home - what they will see as winnable games - then they have a really tough run of fixtures

After the next two home games they have;

West Ham (Away) - loss
United (Home) - loss
Palace (Home) - draw
Liverpool (Away) - loss
Chelsea (Home) - loss
Leicester (Away) - loss
Brentford (Home) - win
Arsenal (Away) - loss

They also have three fixtures still to be confirmed;

Burnley (away) - real six-pointer!
Leicester (Home) - draw
Watford (Away) - win

They could be right in the mire if they don't pick up points in the next two home games.
Good assessment.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A youth teamer or someone out of position, which is literally my point
But my point is that it’s better to get by without Jonny for one game and potentially have him available for the majority of the rest of the season than to risk losing him due to the quick turn around in matches.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But my point is that it’s better to get by without Jonny for one game and potentially have him available for the majority of the rest of the season than to risk losing him due to the quick turn around in matches.
If he is fit then he is fit..I think. Lovely to have his quality and Neto back.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same again if everyone is fit maybe Neto in for Hwang is we were to change it up a little...

Do think it is unfair we have to play on Thursday then Sunday just like the other week even more so that both times the team we played on the Sunday had no mid week fixture!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Sa
Boly, Coady, Saiss
Jonny, Neves, Moutinho, RAN
Podence, Raul, Neto

Tempted to play Trincao who was great against Everton in the home game. Him and Chiquinho on for Pedro and Jonny after 60-70 mins.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep the same team that beat Watford. The press worked and we looked like a different team to recent performances

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Sa
Boly Coady Saiss
Jonny Neves Moutinho Donck Ait-Nouri
Podence Raul

Go back to 3-5-2, keep them and their fans quiet early on and then unleash Neto, Chiquinho and Hwang off the bench late on to win the game.

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
My worry is we are playing against a desperate team.
They are going to go in hard against our possible fragility.
Can Lage risk our recent returnees.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Boly Coady Saiss
Jonny Neves Moutinho Donck Ait-Nouri
Podence Raul

Go back to 3-5-2, keep them and their fans quiet early on and then unleash Neto, Chiquinho and Hwang off the bench late on to win the game.

I’d prefer us to go straight for the throat early. Everton are vulnerable and will collapse if we score first.

Back
Top Bottom