Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team of the 90s v today’s team

beppe7619

Reaction score
Manager
Mark McGee
Mike stowell
De wolf Dean Richards Mark Atkins
Naylor Andy Thompson wing back
Gordon Cowans Simon Osborne
Kean Kelly Don Goodman

Subs
Bull Emblem keen Thomas muscat
Froggat Venus Corica

Last edited:

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score
Today’s. Every time. Richards, Lescott and (a prime) Bull are the only ones that get near this team.
Wouldn’t mind a (non-crocked) Geoff Thomas and a (non-crocked) Steve Froggatt in the squad, to be fair.

Also, ten points for throwing in my favourite misspelled name on the bench. I saw what you did there!

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Manager
Mark McGee
Mike stowell
De wolf Dean Richards lescott
Naylor Andy Thompson wing back
Gordon Cowans Simon Osborne
Kean Kelly Don Goodman

Subs
Bull Emblem keen Thomas muscat
Froggat Venus

I'm not sure why you've put Froggatt, Bull and Thomas on the bench - better than some of those you've picked for the first team.

Edit
I also read Kean as Keen. I wondered what you'd been drinking!! :D

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
I loved many of those players, but Cowans and Osborn v Neves and Moutinho is possibly the easiest choice in the history of football.

From our current standard team I'd switch Boly across and play Lescott at LCH and put it Frogatt for Jonny, I'd love to accommodate Keane but not sure how (assuming were playing 343). Other than that I'm sticking with what we have thanks.

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score
I loved many of those players, but Cowans and Osborn v Neves and Moutinho is possibly the easiest choice in the history of football.

From our current standard team I'd switch Boly across and play Lescott at LCH and put it Frogatt for Jonny, I'd love to accommodate Keane but not sure how (assuming were playing 343). Other than that I'm sticking with what we have thanks.
I’d read it as (Kevin) Keen, and forgot Robbie!

Leaving the Bully question to one side, Robbie Keane (depending on what age he was at the time) would surely have to get in this team; anywhere near his best he was better than Jota and Neto at this point in their development. You’d have to go to some sort of asymmetric formation with two up top and Adama on the right. Surely?

beppe7619

Reaction score
I’d read it as (Kevin) Keen, and forgot Robbie!

Leaving the Bully question to one side, Robbie Keane (depending on what age he was at the time) would surely have to get in this team; anywhere near his best he was better than Jota and Neto at this point in their development. You’d have to go to some sort of asymmetric formation with two up top and Adama on the right. Surely?
This is just a 90s formation as played today but not replacing today’s team

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mark McGhee, oh FFS. And Utd fans have the cheek to complain about OGS.

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know not of the 90's but just players I have seen:

Matt Murray
Richards, De wolf, Lescott
Smith, McDonald, Thomas, Froggatt,
Keane, Fletcher, Sako

Obviously mentions for Bull, Stowell, Ndah, Ince, Rae but couldn't get them into this system, Ndah being the closest in place of Keane

beppe7619

Reaction score

Matt Murray
Keane, Fletcher, Sako

Obviously mentions for Bull, Stowell, Ndah, Ince, Rae but couldn't get them into this system, Ndah being the closest in place of Keane
What about the manager to play that formation

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Matt Murray
Keane, Fletcher, Sako

You would REALLY play Felcher ahead of Bull?!?!?!

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only players that would get into our current squad (not necessarily the first team) are Bull, Keane, Richards and Froggatt.

I'd possibly have Stowell over Ruddy too.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You would REALLY play Felcher ahead of Bull?!?!?!

Judging by some of the four year contracts that Moxey gave to some of our **** players, I presume some of them must have been felchers because there is no other explanation for such **** players getting such long contracts.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Paul Jones

Eric young paul blade EggertJohnson
Darius kubuki Steve corica mark Akins mo camera
Sagbo grant holt frankoski

Kaspars Gorkss
Tony Daley
The hoff
Halford

D

Deleted member 4152

Naylor and Venus

against todays lads?

(reaches for the pistol)
Burden park away (obvs) 89. Roughest day ever. Bridge boys had give it the bolton lot big style at ours two years earlier. And boy were they waiting for us. Rough as **** that day. We hadn’t long signed venus, their right winger was tearing him apart, so venus starting kicking him. He had him down at one point and as they were getting up, venus ‘accidently’ kneed him in the head. Bolton fans went mad, venus looked at our end and just shrugged as the ref booked him.

I ****ing loved him for that and I loved Venus. Robbie and Bull that day in a 2-1 win. Gerrin

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd rather have British. That aside, Any team with Bully and Mutchy etc has to rule ok!

beppe7619

Reaction score
Ain't today a squad game so anyone could play from the bench and first team depending on formation and style of play so bully could play it ain't a fixed squad. I think if bully was playing today he would link up really well with Raul when played with two up top instead of jota.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t agree with the manager. Gotta be Graham Taylor

Turner over Turnip every day of the week. He had one season that he failed to get a very good squad up, then it turned into some of the worst football i've ever seen at Molineux. Turnip would have got us relegated we were that bad.

Back
Top Bottom