Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sunday supplement

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The journalists lowered there views to the championship and the chat was about warnock and bruce with comments about the best footballing team in the division being fulham while deciding who would finish 2nd. Brum going down was mentioned and the fact they are an average sized club in a big city. The name WOLVES came up without any further reference. More adverts then and back to the prem. ultimately they proved they have a very limited knowledge of anything other than the top 6/8 premier teams.

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. People can't be bothered to do any research into anything so just repeat the same cliches. They'll be forced to stand up and take note soon enough.

D

Deleted member 4257

Sky really do well to find the most boring men on planet earth to appear on that show. I usually attempt 4 minutes each week then decide to watch my grass grow.

G

gordonchas

I thought that might provoke a reaction! I watch that show when I'm around, mostly because every single week it proves that people who make their living writing about the game of football actually don't know anything more than any moderately well-informed fan. They may be party to the occasional secret they can't even divulge, which makes them useless journalistically but, in the main, clubs use them as useful idiots to spread the party line or stir up transfer talk.

With that particular item of discussion it's a given that none of them had considered the Championship with more than a passing glance, but I thought they had all pretty much assumed that Wolves were promoted already, so the focus was on the chasing clubs amongst which were managers they are more familiar with.

I guess most of you will be happy with that hack's comments about Birmingham City, though?

W

we8wba

The journalists lowered there views to the championship and the chat was about warnock and bruce with comments about the best footballing team in the division being fulham while deciding who would finish 2nd. Brum going down was mentioned and the fact they are an average sized club in a big city. The name WOLVES came up without any further reference. More adverts then and back to the prem. ultimately they proved they have a very limited knowledge of anything other than the top 6/8 premier teams.

Disagree,

Just the general public bar us related to champ side have little interest of the champ

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
News Agenda has determined that Wolves have received very little media-love over the last 6 weeks. Unless we monumentally mess it up they have run out of things to say and interest to generate amongst a casual viewer/reader/listener.

Let it continue until mid to late April and our hopeful promotion.

UTW

T

turner845

Disagree,

Just the general public bar us related to champ side have little interest of the champ

You are spot on. These journalists get paid to write about football and report on the matches they watch. It is not their fault that they get sent by their editors/bosses to Premier League games. If they were sent to report on Championship matches then their knowledge would be increased. However they don't get sent to report on Championship matches because like you say the demand and interest isn't there. At the beginning of the season the national radio rights for the EFL were awarded to Talksport on a 3 year deal with them originally committing to putting matches on their main station. A few months later they are hiding all their EFL commentaries on Talksport 2 (a station only available on DAB or online and even then not available in all areas of the country) with the main Talksport station holding a Premier League discussion show due to listening figures not being high enough. There are also reports that Channel 5 are looking to bin their highlights show due to poor audience figures with it rumoured that Quest are the only interested free to air channel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
on the other hand there's soccer am...sunday supplement is a work of genius and should be immortalised when compared to that dire offering.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disagree,

If they state they are going to discuss the championship then it deserves to be a given it will be taken seriously and a considered view offered which includes the leading side. They set the agenda and as it was they would have been better woffling on about the teams they promote as being the jewels of all that is good.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
When we were winning L1 (and many moons ago Div 3) it really annoyed me that nobody seemed to notice, now it annoys me that we don't get more coverage for being top of the Champ.

Oddly I have to look to see who is top two of L1 now (maybe I'm unique in not wondering if Wigan will overtake Shrews with their games in hand?) and next season hope to lose most of my interest in the Championship.

M

Mowgli

Disagree,

3rd most watched league in Europe. Europe! As pundits they should know more about The Championship.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched it for about 5 mins this morning just some bloke droning on about Wenger and how he's changed his opinion Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz heard it all before.
Don't mind listening to Darren lewis when he's on there i think he's quite good.

T

turner845

3rd most watched league in Europe. Europe! As pundits they should know more about The Championship.

But it is only the third most watched league due to the amount of matches played. In the Championship there are 552 matches per season yet most European leagues only have a maximum of 380, with some only having 306 or even 240.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all the same everywhere. Unless your a top 6 club they won't talk about you. It's the same convo every week. Liverpool look amazing going forward but the defense. Is Man City best team in the league? Is Conte going to go? Has Jose had it at united and is Pogba not being used right?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watching it now, to be fair one did say Villa probably have the second best squad after Wolves.

C

Cart78

I thought everything they said was about right:

1 - Fulham play the best football (from Jan you would struggle to disagree with that) been a while since you could say we have played the football we started the season playing.

2 - Villa have the second best squad after us (true)

3 - Warnock is a good championship manager and has a great record of promoting teams (true)

4 - Bruce has a good record getting teams promoted (true) he’s conducted himself with dignity during a tough period in his personal life (true) and they look a weaker team without Grealish and Adoma and need them to stay fit to go up (true)

5 - blues are a small club in a big city (true)

6 - Sunderland are a big club who have been run badly and will probably struggle for a long time to get back (true)

Not sure what was so “lack of knowledge” about them. They aren’t talking about wolves as it’s assumed we will walk it as the best team/squad in the division so isn’t an interesting thing to talk about other than to us as all they will say is “they will go up. They’re the best team in the league”

UEAwolf

Reaction score
I thought everything they said was about right:

1 - Fulham play the best football (from Jan you would struggle to disagree with that) been a while since you could say we have played the football we started the season playing.

2 - Villa have the second best squad after us (true)

3 - Warnock is a good championship manager and has a great record of promoting teams (true)

4 - Bruce has a good record getting teams promoted (true) he’s conducted himself with dignity during a tough period in his personal life (true) and they look a weaker team without Grealish and Adoma and need them to stay fit to go up (true)

5 - blues are a small club in a big city (true)

6 - Sunderland are a big club who have been run badly and will probably struggle for a long time to get back (true)

Not sure what was so “lack of knowledge” about them. They aren’t talking about wolves as it’s assumed we will walk it as the best team/squad in the division so isn’t an interesting thing to talk about other than to us as all they will say is “they will go up. They’re the best team in the league”

But, but, but - everybody hates us innit.

W

we8wba

If they state they are going to discuss the championship then it deserves to be a given it will be taken seriously and a considered view offered which includes the leading side. They set the agenda and as it was they would have been better woffling on about the teams they promote as being the jewels of all that is good.

So they discussed Fulham as best footballing side (probably are in 2018)
Discussed who’d come second and talked blues

So they discussed the championship, there are 23 other teams than Wolverhampton Wanderers in the league

We get so upset when we’re not discussed

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ahh Sunday Supplement.
The show where arrogant know it all’s spend an hour of pure guesswork and surmising.

I steer clear.

D

Deleted member 3573J

They are wrong about Fulham, they are a good footballing team but aren't on our level, even since the new year. We've dropped points recently but our football is still very good.

cowshed

Reaction score
Mate, there voices made my toast go stale and my coffee loose all flavor so turned off before I got to find out there names or what boring papers they write for.

If there voices were worse than Robbie Savage's they must be bad, because he is the worst voice I have heard on TV.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any show where someone does not say "Nuno is magnificent" at least every 5 minutes, is crap.

How you like them apples?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re Fulham - they are on a high right now and very well organised. But imv they are nothing special and the hype over Sessegnon is widely exaggerated. Mitrovic has been the key signing since January and made the difference. With Neves back we are more than a match for them even at only 80% effectiveness.

Back
Top Bottom