Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So two issues here

1. We aren't saying/doing enough to convince players to join us.

2. Or the club has gone full masochist mode and just enjoys being bait for other clubs to sign the player, so they can say 'we tried'

Whatever it is, what a waste of a journey for Matt Hobbs, especially to find out something that should have been known before leaving

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a statement of intent to convince these players to sign on. Get one ‘oooooh’ signing and others will follow like millionaire prima donna sheep.

Announcing a fancy rebuild of Molineux wouldn’t hurt either Jeff.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like the Beeb (90 Mins) are behind the latest news as usual;

Wolves are to hold talks about signing 25-year-old Brazil striker Gabriel Barbosa from Flamengo and Argentine midfielder Enzo Fernandez, 21, from River Plate. (90 Min)

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So two issues here

2. Or the club has gone full masochist mode and just enjoys being bait for other clubs to sign the player, so they can say 'we tried'

Whatever it is, what a waste of a journey for Matt Hobbs, especially to find out something that should have been known before leaving

Convincing players is the hard part, scouting is the easy bit.

We need to throw some money at the wages especially when Milan is one of the options.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Convincing players is the hard part, scouting is the easy bit.

We need to throw some money at the wages especially when Milan is one of the options.
I’m sure we do offer what we can……..why wouldn’t we?

Woolywolf

Reaction score
We’re just not an attractive proposition to the type of player we’re trying to sign. Ambitious or futile?. Would thought it would be quite straightforward to get a clear understanding of whether a play is interested before getting on a plane for 14 hours. We seem to do this window after window.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re targeting some pretty decent players - Barbosa, Nunes, Fernandes and Collins have all been stronly linked in recent days for example - but at this stage I can’t really see any of them actually coming here. Whether this be due to cost, competition, ambition or a combination of all those things, I’d personally be (happily) surprised if any of these are lining up for us in August.

I guess if my admittedly less than optimistic hunch turns out correct, there will be some worry about where this leaves us, and how far down a list of targets we’ll need to go to bolster a pretty small and weakened squad that struggled badly at the end of last season.

I am hopeful of course that I’m talking ****, worrying over nothing and Jeff and co have got this, but tbh I probably thought much the same last summer and the summer before.

Marcal, Ruddy, Saiss and Hoever all gone, Traore and Trincao likely out, Moutinho and Neves still quite possibly out etc and nothing in so far. The club don’t give the impression of panic or much of anything really and patience is needed, but you do get the sense this could be seriously tested?

Last edited:

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So two issues here

It's a strange one isn't it.

Interested enough to fly around the world for a chat, but not interested enough to wait a few months for him to finish his current season. I smell bull****, I'm just not quite sure where it's wafting from

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re targeting some pretty decent players - Barbosa, Nunes, Fernandes and Collins have all been stronly linked in recent days for example - but at this stage I can’t really see any of them actually coming here. Whether this be due to cost, competition, ambition or a combination of all those things, I’d personally be (happily) surprised if any of these are lining up for us in August.

I guess if my admittedly less than optimistic hunch turns out correct, there will be some worry about where this leaves us, and how far down a list of targets we’ll need to go to bolster a pretty small and weakened squad that struggled badly at the end of last season.

I am hopeful of course that I’m talking ****, worrying over nothing and Jeff an co have got this, but tbh I probably thought much the same last summer and the summer before.

Marcal, Ruddy, Saiss and Hoever all gone, Traore and Trincao likely out, Moutinho and Neves still quite possibly out etc and nothing in so far. Patience is needed, but you get the sense it could be seriously tested?
This. I will wait until August and I see our starting line up before I make full judgement, but maybe we just arent as an attractive proposition to oversea players anymore. To them, we are just a mid table Premier League team that has a reputation of unexciting football. Were not a project anymore and players know this.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't cry because it's over.

Smile because it 'nearly' happened.

Or some ****

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Account with 1200 followers that I’ve never seen before just popped up on my twitter timeline. C5FAC7B9-F413-41FD-8828-EF0FC6EEE129.jpegC10166F8-ECC0-4503-88B3-5A3262D5B033.jpeg

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ffs just woke up to find one of my online accounts has been robbed. I need some good Wolves news today

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two days ago this place was in meltdown because Nunes had turned us down, now stories are he's definitely joining. Equally Wolves would have known about this lads determination to play in Argentina until January (if true), so if he's turned us down it's unlikely that is why.
The media know little and make up the rest.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least Matt Hobbs got some air miles that can be wasted at a later date. You would have thought If the latest is true that could of been found out via a phone call rather than a 32 hour flight.
I doubt he would go on such a long trip without good reason…….especially at his busied time of the year.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a strange one isn't it.

Interested enough to fly around the world for a chat, but not interested enough to wait a few months for him to finish his current season. I smell bull****, I'm just not quite sure where it's wafting from
I don’t think I read anywhere that the pursuit is over yet. We are probably still negotiating.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
I take everything I read with a pinch of salt on twitter at the moment as its very jekyll and Hyde. One thing we surely have to offer a South American footballer is a massive wage increase. I read somewhere the other day that highest earner at Boca Juniors is only on approx 7k a week

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean the tweet that says he wants to finish their champions league season? That was stated before Hobbs flew out so it’s hardly something new or wrong.
I mean nobody has a scoobys about the reality of the situation but it's comical to assume Hobbs got on a plane without thinking to maybe give them a buzz first

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because a couple of grand on a ticket is probably worth it incase we can convince him that we are the best option. Even if it means for a later date
Had a quick look on Expedia. Return flight to Buenos Aires, business class, is about £4.5k.

However, you never know, Hobbsy might come back with another Yerson Mosquera.

"Sorry boss, I couldn't persuade Enzo to come, but I found this bloke kicking a ball in the airport car park".

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take everything I read with a pinch of salt on twitter at the moment as its very jekyll and Hyde. One thing we surely have to offer a South American footballer is a massive wage increase. I read somewhere the other day that highest earner at Boca Juniors is only on approx 7k a week

Issue is we aren't the only European team after him. Maybe we can offer more then Benfica but if Milan come calling, with champions League football, the prestige and could offer potentially more money we are ****ed.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Issue is we aren't the only European team after him. Maybe we can offer more then Benfica but if Milan come calling, with champions League football, the prestige and could offer potentially more money we are ****ed.
True if that happens it happens and we move on. If we want good players there is always going to be competition for them.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now....I'm no expert on international travel, but is this perhaps something that we should have established prior to sending a man over there?

If he was 100% going to sign, there'd be no need for us to go over there. It seems pretty obviously a good idea to go over for talks if you think that that's what could tip the balance in favour of him signing.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a quick look on Expedia. Return flight to Buenos Aires, business class, is about £4.5k.

However, you never know, Hobbsy might come back with another Yerson Mosquera.

"Sorry boss, I couldn't persuade Enzo to come, but I found this bloke kicking a ball in the airport car park".

Bloke kicking a ball in the airport carpark then turns us down

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Facundo Farias & Carlos Alcaraz are both 19 and showing plenty of promise. The South American market is a hot bed for young talent we could be able to get both of those for the same price of EnzoC2876512-6806-411B-ACAD-E0E2B5D8BF95.jpeg

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They knew Hobbs was coming, they knew enzos decision. Why let him come?

Er maybe River bumped up the deal when Matt got in the room (dare say there’s more to it than just the release clause). Who knows

I’m interested in if this is a wolves deal or a Mendes deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom