Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With all of these links to top players again like Nunes, Fernandez, Palhinha, Gabigol; I’m starting to wonder what is happening here. Was Jeff having us all on during the ask Wolves video? Has Guo has stepped in and told him to sort it out? Or are all of these links fake/put out by the club to ‘look’ ambitious? I have no idea like everyone else, but if we end up with a midfield of Neves, Nunes and Fernandez, Gabigol up front, a beast in central defence, whilst keeping Traore we are finishing in the top 4. That’s a certainty.

I can’t see it happening but if it does, the project is well and truly back on and a load of us (myself included) owe Jeff an apology for doubting him. Go on Jeffrey, make it happen!

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tim Vickery on Gabigol (on Wiki)

A controversial figure, he struggled to make the grade in Europe and has been recently linked with a move to West Ham. South American football expert Tim Vickery was damming with his verdict: “He’s 25 already, he had one go already in Europe with Inter Milan and Benfica, and it was an absolute disaster. People spoke very badly of him, if he was chocolate he would eat himself, he swanned around like he was Pretty Boy Floyd."[58]

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A controversial figure, he struggled to make the grade in Europe and has been recently linked with a move to West Ham. South American football expert Tim Vickery was damming with his verdict: “He’s 25 already, he had one go already in Europe with Inter Milan and Benfica, and it was an absolute disaster. People spoke very badly of him, if he was chocolate he would eat himself, he swanned around like he was Pretty Boy Floyd."[58]

That’s a no from me.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

All true but, when he wants to be, he's world class

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all of these links to top players again like Nunes, Fernandez, Palhinha, Gabigol; I’m starting to wonder what is happening here. Was Jeff having us all on during the ask Wolves video? Has Guo has stepped in and told him to sort it out? Or are all of these links fake/put out by the club to ‘look’ ambitious? I have no idea like everyone else, but if we end up with a midfield of Neves, Nunes and Fernandez, Gabigol up front, a beast in central defence, whilst keeping Traore we are finishing in the top 4. That’s a certainty.

I can’t see it happening but if it does, the project is well and truly back on and a load of us (myself included) owe Jeff an apology for doubting him. Go on Jeffrey, make it happen!
It means that the inevitable signing of Kieffer Moore and Lee Trundle will be all the more galling!

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

"Pretty boy floyd"? Is Vickery Mr Burns in disguise?

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plus that big move to Inter was a while ago and had a lot of hype/pressure at a young age maybe that spell in Europe has humbled him and he feels more mature ready to give it another go...

Could be wrong!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plus that big move to Inter was a while ago and had a lot of hype/pressure at a young age maybe that spell in Europe has humbled him and he feels more mature ready to give it another go...

Could be wrong!
My thinking too - greater maturity now he is in his mid-twenties?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves to sign a highly rated centre forward - amazing

Random guy on the radio says he has a bit of an ego - terrible idea, not for me

Some of the nonsense you lot spout is painful sometimes
Not random! He really does have an ego!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who cares? If I was half decent at football I probably would as well!
The narrative throughout his career has always been that he's Neymar without the mentality required.

But, like you, I'd be the same!

I'd cartwheel through Wolverhampton, get married and send naked pics of my wife to all if we signed him.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Brazilian friend says the same, loves his comfort zone and the reason at 25 he is still over there.

Wouldnt want.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is interesting that we are starting to be linked with all these players. They all have one thing in common, they have a higher ceiling than the reported fee - all very 'wolves'

I don't think Fosun have all of a sudden come in with a massive wade of cash.

But I do think if the right players on the right deal becomes available then we will find the money.

As I keep saying we made £20m profit, we will get £20m or so for Adama and we could if we chose get £20m for MGW. That is £60m before you sell Neves.

If we got £50m for Neves it's not out of the question we could have £100m. Jeff is not going to be shouting about this if he has any sense, even if it makes the natives restless!

It's all about value for money, that's why we hardly ever buy in January.

There are lots of moving parts to these deals and sometimes they have to work down a list of targets.

Interesting next month if you ask me.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those suggesting Bolla could be an option for us now Hoever has gone, I am sure I read somewhere a few weeks back that he was unsure about his future and thought he may be sold or loaned out. Didnt sound positive he was returning here which would be disappointing as surely we should have a look at him in pre season and Semedo is injured and Jonny obviously had serious injuries.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The narrative throughout his career has always been that he's Neymar without the mentality required.

But, like you, I'd be the same!

I'd cartwheel through Wolverhampton, get married and send naked pics of my wife to all if we signed him.
Come on mate we all remember the palaver when Walsall promised the same about Neves signing so if you’re going to say it we’re all going to hold you to it;)

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone try and convince me Gabigol isn't the second coming of Christ after looking at his goal numbers.
Hes an ******** who at the age of 25 hasn't done anything of note outside of a Brazil. Think on that, that if he was the next coming of Christ he would have had a move by now, the moves he did have, he failed massively at, absolutely stunk at Benfica. He has a comfort zone in Brazil, he's the big fish in the little pond and has the ego to boot, he wouldn't cut it outside of Brazil, he has the wrong mentality and not the talent to back it up.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also Luke Mattheson at RB but not sure if hes ready or anywhere near the required level yet/if ever

No, I’m afraid he most definitely isn’t ready and may never be… struggled at the bottom of league 2 and didn’t show much in our u23s. Still young, still time, but not right now
For those suggesting Bolla could be an option for us now Hoever has gone, I am sure I read somewhere a few weeks back that he was unsure about his future and thought he may be sold or loaned out. Didnt sound positive he was returning here which would be disappointing as surely we should have a look at him in pre season and Semedo is injured and Jonny obviously had serious injuries.
Yep, Grasshoppers are still hopeful and Rapid Vienna I think are also interested

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes an ******** who at the age of 25 hasn't done anything of note outside of a Brazil. Think on that, that if he was the next coming of Christ he would have had a move by now, the moves he did have, he failed massively at, absolutely stunk at Benfica. He has a comfort zone in Brazil, he's the big fish in the little pond and has the ego to boot, he wouldn't cut it outside of Brazil, he has the wrong mentality and not the talent to back it up.
He absolutely 100% has the talent.

But ego....absolutely 100% too.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, I’m afraid he most definitely isn’t ready and may never be… struggled at the bottom of league 2 and didn’t show much in our u23s. Still young, still time, but not right now

Yep, Grasshoppers are still hopeful and Rapid Vienna I think are also interested

Would leave us a bit vulnerable at right wing back with Semedo injured and not back until into August and Jonny obviously having had two serious knee injuries. Not against Hoever going but we need to be careful we dont suddenly look a bit light at right wing back.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would leave us a bit vulnerable at right wing back with Semedo injured and not back until into August and Jonny obviously having had two serious knee injuries. Not against Hoever going but we need to be careful we dont suddenly look a bit light at right wing back.
Bolla is very good he’s good enough for cover

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No surprise given his links to MGW from his days managing England U17s. I'd really love us to be for Joe Rodon too, didn't work out for him at Spurs but I think he's more than decent defender for our level.
Rodon would be a really good signing.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect Mosquera could do a job if necessary, given his turn of pace, and there's also Chiquinho if necessary.

D

Deleted member (smith)

270 pages in and no signings

Expectation was 4 or 5 lined up before the window opens….result meltdown.

Penny finally drops that the big six and the splash the cash clubs get first choice and only after the dust has settled and they have finished buying do clubs like Wolves get an opportunity. But wolves fans don’t appreciate and think top players will choose wolves over la big six team and wolves can out bid big six teams.

So there was never any chance of big ( ie oven ready first team ) signings before July

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have to say I'm feeling slightly more positive than I was going into this transfer window - seems to be some genuine interest in some highly rated players. Fishing with the big boys now - let's hope we can get them over the line.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If as expected Neves leaves, a central midfield pairing of Nunes and someone like Paulinha would imo be a good use of the money. If Traore goes then someone like Brereton Diaz from Blackburn would again imo be good use of the money. Add in a decent centre back, say Phil Jones from Man Utd and we’ve strengthened the spine of the first team without breaking the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom