Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fergie was pretty ruthless and had no issue getting rid of big players who were still in their prime. I remember him getting rid of the likes of Ince, Kanchelskis, Hughes, Staam, Van Nistelrooy, Cole, Beckham and even blokes like Nicky Butt.
Fergie to a large extent wasn’t ruthless, he just had an uncanny knack of knowing when players had come to the end of their shelf life or he could cash-in.
Maybe it’s all about semantics as someone else may think that is ruthlessness.
Getting rid of Moutinho wouldn’t be ruthless, it’d be mindless.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hungarian international and seasoned pro vs crap youngster with a bad attitude......yes
Seasoned pro playing in the Hungarian League and for one of the worst teams in the Swiss Super League. I'm not a huge fan of Hoever and am glad we've sent him out on loan to get some football but to say that Bolla is a "significant upgrade" is a bit of a stretch.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like a good move for all parties: Hoever needs regular football, and after his comments last season, Lage clearly doesn't trust him.
Yup. I actually quite rate him. He's made a few mistakes but he's also been solid

But if the manager doesn't rate him, 0 point in him staying

modenawolf

Reaction score
Looks like PSG are going to get Sanches, I wonder if that impacts us at all
If Sanches goes to PSG, Milan move their attention to Fernandez, which is not good for us...

Perhaps Mendes tipped us off, and Jeff put Matt Hobbs on the first flight to Argentina.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Sanches goes to PSG, Milan move their attention to Fernandez, which is not good for us...

Perhaps Mendes tipped us off, and Jeff put Matt Hobbs on the first flight to Argentina.

So while Hobbs is in the air, a couple of Teams calls and an exchange of signed PDF’s and he’s a Milan player before Matt lands!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So while Hobbs is in the air, a couple of Teams calls and an exchange of signed PDF’s and he’s a Milan player before Matt lands!
A River plate journo reported there are not yet any offers in for him.

Plus his release clause goes up to 25m euros due to entering the last 10 working days of the business year.

I mean is hobbs bringing a briefcase of cash for them?

English:

#RIVER | There is still no formal offer for Enzo Fernández, whose exit clause is €20,000,000 net, a figure that increases to €25,000,000 when there are 10 business days left for the transfer book to close. Defense and Justice has 10% as window right.

Last edited:

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Come on play the transfer game, agreed viable journalists best at reporting real transfers.

But at least we are getting links, it makes it far better than radio silence
Just makes it worse when we end up with cuddles and Donk in midfield :(

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok so we all think he’s not the best….granted.

However.

Where is the logic financially to weaken ourselves?

Jonny and Semedo have their injury concerns.

Sell him fine but to loan him makes little sense. Unless we are getting a few million quid…which I doubt.
How does letting Hoever go on loan weaken us???
When he plays he’s a liability. At least now he’s out of Bruno Lage’s reach. Like an alcoholic throwing his vodka away!

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A River plate journo reported there are not yet any offers in for him.

Plus his release clause goes up to 25m euros due to entering the last 10 working days of the business year.

I mean is hobbs bringing a briefcase of cash for them?

English:

#RIVER | There is still no formal offer for Enzo Fernández, whose exit clause is €20,000,000 net, a figure that increases to €25,000,000 when there are 10 business days left for the transfer book to close. Defense and Justice has 10% as window right.
The case with the golden glow!

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're completely right
It will be Nunes, Neves, Fernandes, Moutinho, MGW, Moutinho, Dendoncker, Sanches
Can you imagine if we finally start a season absolutely stacked in CM…but to do it we’ve sold half our wingbacks and wide players so we’re then threadbare out wide instead!

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are plenty of things to be critical of with regards to our transfers. Loaning out Hoever isnt one of them.
He needs regular gametime, havent really impressed. With a bit of luck we get some of the money we wasted on him back. Good luck to the lad and hope gets his career back on track.
Still a bit odd that we paid £10 million for a player with no league games and only 2 cup games, for Liverpool. But so be it...

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the E&S saying they don't know if it's a straight loan, obligation or an option with the Hoever PSV loan... anyone a view on this?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever was done at this club the moment Lage called him out publicly as lazy. It was just a case of waiting for someone to give us an offer that limited our losses on him. Hopefully he does enough at PSV to get the move. He and Cutrone are going to work out as very costly mistakes.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know where my son has got his info from but when he text to tell me he said its a 12months loan with an option to buy not an obligation - so we are saving a years wages effectively and his contract ticks down a further season.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the E&S saying they don't know if it's a straight loan, obligation or an option with the Hoever PSV loan... anyone a view on this?
Apparently it’s a loan where we give them the player, cover his salary and give them £100m up front but there’s then a £100bn option next summer which PSV have pinky promised they’ll be activating.

Sellars is confident it’s a good deal and we’ll be quids in in 12 months time.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently it’s a loan where we give them the player, cover his salary and give them £100m up front but there’s then a £100bn option next summer which PSV have pinky promised they’ll be activating.

Sellars is confident it’s a good deal and we’ll be quids in in 12 months time.
Heard Jeff’s already apportioned £50bn of this to next years eSports transfer kitty too.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hoping for some good news today. Fuming with the travel to work. Train strike means I w had to drive to Birmingham, so the fuel costs, congestion charge, parking and my satnav taking me down a bus gate means I'm basically working today for free. So if we could get a big breakthrough with a transfer it would really make up for it.

Update. **** Digbeth. 90% of the roads are closed or bus lanes. Took me almost an hour to leave the bloody place. Even my satnav on my car and phone didn't know how to leave the horrible place. Up there with London with worse places in the UK. Might have rest of the week off now.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever will end up back in Holland permanently in my opinion.

Meanwhile we'll have:

Semedo (RB)
Bolla (RB)
Lembikisa (RB
Jonny (LB
RAN (LB)
Bueno (LB)

Hoever leaving really doesn't effect anything, except the financials.
Don't forget, Lage sees Chiquinho as a RWB and we also have Traore who I reckon could be a revelation there.

Sorry, I was talking sense for a minute but couldn't help myself.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Traditionalists (aka old buggers) like me are now getting a bit twitchy.
We currently do not have a #2, #4 or #5 and our #6 is in the land of the cow-bells.
And we don't have a left winger either.
God only knows what Mike Bailey, Bill Slater and Waggy would have to say about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom