Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is that 5m for goals or 5m for the goal "objective" of finishing above 8th position? The second seems more likely.

Id expect it would be a further 5m for Goals (10 who knows) and maybe 5m for above 8th

Either way the source is ****e but i thought id throw it on here

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fergie was pretty ruthless and had no issue getting rid of big players who were still in their prime. I remember him getting rid of the likes of Ince, Kanchelskis, Hughes, Staam, Van Nistelrooy, Cole, Beckham and even blokes like Nicky Butt.

I was about to say as much myself - he was as ruthless as they come and didn't do them any harm really, did it!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SportingCP accepts the formal proposal from #Wolverhampton

-40M cash payment
-5M in installments
-5M per goals*

*in principle they will be for being above the eighth position.

However, the player tends to refuse, preferring to stay in the Champions League.

Everything can change if #SportingCP asks Matheus to accept the proposal, as the player loves the club that gave him his career and wants to do everything to improve it.

If Sporting really needs the money, Matheus will be a #Wolves player

They now add:

#wolves can reach 55M with goals included.

Thanks for sharing. Would be more hopeful if the source had a bigger following and longer track record.

Seems like a lot of cash up front.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Being in the EU meant that we had to abide by European rulings, which meant free travel across EU countries but harder points / visa requirements for non-EU countries.

Now we're not in the EU, it's harder for EU nationals to get into the UK, but actually easier now for non-EU nations to get visa's/work permits.
Utter nonsense, if the EU set rules for non EU work permits, and intrinsically made that process harder, how have all the clubs on the continent reaped the benefits of relaxed immigration from South America for decades?

For example, Di Maria failed his work permit application when Wenger tried to sign him, he then signed for Benfica, situated in another EU country.

It was our Government that set the parameters for immigration from non EU countries. That has since relaxed somewhat post EU referendum.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not true on the non-EU nations, that was still down to the UK to decide. As someone pointed out further up, the rules for non-EU work permits were relaxed but could have been done at anytime during our membership of the EU. Just a (politically convenient) coincidence it happened around the time of Brexit.
It was as a direct result of Brexit to help UK clubs remain competitive in the transfer market. These changes wouldn't have happened if we'd remained in the EU enjoying EU Labour laws.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fergie was pretty ruthless and had no issue getting rid of big players who were still in their prime. I remember him getting rid of the likes of Ince, Kanchelskis, Hughes, Staam, Van Nistelrooy, Cole, Beckham and even blokes like Nicky Butt.
Shankley before him too, and Cloughie too.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Utter nonsense, if the EU set rules for non EU work permits, and intrinsically made that process harder, how have all the clubs on the continent reaped the benefits of relaxed immigration from South America for decades?

For example, Di Maria failed his work permit application when Wenger tried to sign him, he then signed for Benfica, situated in another EU country.

It was our Government that set the parameters for immigration from non EU countries. That has since relaxed somewhat post EU referendum.
Quite a lot of South Americans are entitled to an EU passport by descent too.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There seems to be a theme running amongst potential signings that they don't really want to play for us, they will only sign for us when better options are exhausted.

Players we are after have other big clubs lauding for them, european football, champions league football, gorgeous destinations not that wolverhampton isnt! (ha).

If we got that 6th/7th position last year, wed be in better stead im sure of it.

They need to buy into lage the football and hopefully players like moutinho/neves/ jimenez can convince them to join (ie calibre of player etc)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was as a direct result of Brexit to help UK clubs remain competitive in the transfer market. These changes wouldn't have happened if we'd remained in the EU enjoying EU Labour laws.
Rubbish. As others have said how were so many South Americans who wouldn't get a UK work permit able to play elsewhere in the EU then. HMG could have made that change any time that it wished to.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There seems to be a theme running amongst potential signings that they don't really want to play for us, they will only sign for us when better options are exhausted.
Would you rather we limited our search to players who are so pleased to be linked to Wolves that they'll drop everything to sign immediately??

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't that the same for most clubs and most players unless you are right at the top and in Europe?

Plus I haven't seen anything about anyone turning us down as such more that they need convincing which is completely understandable when you see the calibre of players we are targeting at the moment...

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In other words it was done to mitigate the effects of Brexit.
Absolutely. You've maintained a very pro EU tone throughout your posts today. If you're looking for an argument, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Although the new criteria may benefit Wolves it's still far more of a hindrance than a help to Fosuns Wolves strategy in my view.

There are very few benefits for the average working man except for the Sovereignty ****gers.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Newcastle in negotiations with Burnley over Pope deal​

Newcastle United are in negotiations with Burnley over the signing of goalkeeper Nick Pope.
Sky Sports News reported last week that Eddie Howe was interested in the England goalkeeper and talks are now well underway.
Pope, who was named in the most recent England squad, would be viewed as an excellent addition to Newcastle's goalkeeping ranks.
Talks are also continuing for Sven Botman and Hugo Ekitike, although Newcastle are prepared to move onto other targets if progress isn't made with either player soon.

BOTMAN may still be available although likely AC or Newcastle.

I think AC main target first is sanches

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry! No argument and I have actually learned something this morning about how the rules changed. I was genuinely confused by how this had come about since I knew it was not a direct "benefit" because of the general position on entry requirements, but had seen comments about it without the clarification we now have.

(Reply to Bill S. got detached somehow!)

Last edited:

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you take the view that the good players inevitably pick the biggest name team on the nicest city there's not much point Wolves doing anything until late July when all of the seemingly more attractive sides have had their pick.
Ravanelli and Juninho went to Middlesbrough. We have a chance

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rubbish. As others have said how were so many South Americans who wouldn't get a UK work permit able to play elsewhere in the EU then. HMG could have made that change any time that it wished to.
So why did we only change the law after Brexit screwed British clubs out of signing wonderkids from the EU?

Unless you're saying the relaxing of footballers work permit requirements for those outside the UK/EU was changing anyway? Which we all know it wasn't.

The relaxing of requirements was done to help negate the damage done to UK Football Clubs by leaving the EU. As agreed by the UKBA following consultation between the FA, the Premier League, the Football League, the Professional Footballers’ Association, the League Managers’ Association and the other Home Associations of the Scottish FA, the FA of Wales and the Irish FA.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you rather we limited our search to players who are so pleased to be linked to Wolves that they'll drop everything to sign immediately??

Exactly. Aim for the stars and you might just reach the moon!!

We probably aren't going to pay more wages than others would. We can't offer European football at the moment.

We are selling an idea that a player can become a central part of our plan and structure going forward.

That probably makes it more difficult to sign a higher calibre of player, but if successful, I think it makes the upside a lot greater, as it weeds out the sorts of players who are in it for the money and not interested in the wider goal and vision of the club they are representing.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SportingCP accepts the formal proposal from #Wolverhampton

-40M cash payment
-5M in installments
-5M per goals*

*in principle they will be for being above the eighth position.

However, the player tends to refuse, preferring to stay in the Champions League.

Everything can change if #SportingCP asks Matheus to accept the proposal, as the player loves the club that gave him his career and wants to do everything to improve it.

If Sporting really needs the money, Matheus will be a #Wolves player

They now add:

#wolves can reach 55M with goals included.

74 followers and created in march. Probably not the best source in the world

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So why did we only change the law after Brexit screwed British clubs out of signing wonderkids from the EU?

Unless you're saying the relaxing of footballers work permit requirements for those outside the UK/EU was changing anyway? Which we all know it wasn't.

The relaxing of requirements was done to help negate the damage done to UK Football Clubs by leaving the EU. As agreed by the UKBA following consultation between the FA, the Premier League, the Football League, the Professional Footballers’ Association, the League Managers’ Association and the other Home Associations of the Scottish FA, the FA of Wales and the Irish FA.
The "UKBA" doesn't exist. UK Visas and Immigration is responsible for policy aspects of immigration.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In some cases wasn’t it due to the fact that some South American’s can quite easily get duel citizenship to countries like Spain and Portugal as a result of historical links?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We haven't learned since we lost out to Man Utd on signing Duncan Edwards.
What we must do early doors is buy the parents some white goods.

White goods have taken on a different meaning since the 50s, but with the South American connections we appear to have, shouldn't be an issue.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In some cases wasn’t it due to the fact that some South American’s can quite easily get duel citizenship to countries like Spain and Portugal as a result of historical links?
Absolutely - Italy and Ireland too. I said as much at post #10534.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The idea we could have Matheus Nunes & Enzo Fernandez is really exciting they are both amazing midfielders and the exact type of creative number 8 type we have been crying out for. Would make me think the club is looking to move to a 433 though with Neves as a single pivot to get the best out of them and the likes of Moutinho and Cundle.

Am i right in thinking we were linked to another young Argentinian centre mid or winger a few weeks back, wonder if the club would target another Argentinian so Enzo would settle better much like we did with Jordao/Neto & Vitinha/Silva.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The idea we could have Matheus Nunes & Enzo Fernandez is really exciting they are both amazing midfielders and the exact type of creative number 8 type we have been crying out for. Would make me think the club is looking to move to a 433 though with Neves as a single pivot to get the best out of them and the likes of Moutinho and Cundle.

Am i right in thinking we were linked to another young Argentinian centre mid or winger a few weeks back, wonder if the club would target another Argentinian so Enzo would settle better much like we did with Jordao/Neto & Vitinha/Silva.
A bit like they used to have a donkey as the stable companion for a racehorse. I always thought of Jordao as Neto's donkey.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
74 followers and created in march. Probably not the best source in the world
Exactly!

However the negative crowd on here will believe anything off of Twitter if it is negative about the club.

I dont think anyone except Nunes and his agent know his feelings about moving to Wolves. Anyone saying otherwise is just trying to milk more clicks out of the story “Wolves are trying to sign Nunes”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom