Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course there are worse deals our there than Hwang, and its quite telling that one of your examples was another masterpiece by our transferteam.
For a "sell to buy" club throwing £50 million down the drain like we did on those 2 is quite disastrous. And add to that Hoever. £10 million...and he'd played zero league games for them...

Can't disagree with those. Though we've also had genuine excellent deals - Moutinho, Raul, Jota, Sa, Jonny, Patricio, Neto and many others. Light years ahead of anything we had in recent decades. Overpriced flops we were well used to from previous owners!

It is getting disturbing how all that is drying up, though. How they are hardly even covering our outgoings for a couple of seasons.

Planty

Groupie
Reaction score
Why would you fly Hobbs to Argentina must be a strong chance this will happen .. you can make an offer over the phone ..
I imagine cause they need to pitch to the player not the club. Apparently benfica recently flew someone down there to do the same.. seems a bit of a desperate move cause Nunes doesn't want to come here.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I imagine cause they need to pitch to the player not the club. Apparently benfica recently flew someone down there to do the same.. seems a bit of a desperate move cause Nunes doesn't want to come here.

I wouldn’t call looking at other options desperate

Better to meet in person then a zoom call presentation etc

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another big reporter in Argentina mentioning it:

"The English Wolverhampton Wanderers enters the bid for Enzo Fernández. This Tuesday a manager arrives in the country to meet with River and try to sign the footballer.
- Benfica also sends an emissary this week.
- He can go now or in December, depending on the offers"

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

"The English Wolverhampton Wanderers enters the bid for Enzo Fernández. This Tuesday a manager arrives in the country to meet with River and try to sign the footballer.

That’s 4 reports of it then.

Sounds like legit move, so it’s either release clause 20 mil euro or a lower offer but he comes I suppose jan window? Unless it’s earlier this coming season

D

Deleted member drgr12429

The English Wolverhampton Wanderers enters the bid for Enzo Fernández. This Tuesday a manager arrives in the country to meet with River and try to sign the footballer. * ⃣ Benfica also sends an emissary this week. * ⃣ You can go now or in December, depending on the offers

D

Deleted member sbk12944

If true it probably means Nunes is being knocked on the head.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like we are offering more wages but benfica can offer europe. Portugese newspapers saying psg after him too

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
**** Nunes now I want this lad. Can’t wait to be depressed tomorrow when it ends up being *******s
Don't be upset when it's over, be happy it happened in the first place. (The rumour)
Can't wait for hobbsy to get the green light to whip out Jeff's half eaten bag of pork crunch to seal the deal.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not clear on why Adama would leave this year if it's all about money. He is on £46k and it's reasonable to assume we offered to double his money, whilst he wanted almost treble.

So, he has probably missed out on almost £4.6 mill by not signing 2 years ago and missed out on £9 mill in his own mind. If he goes this year and gets around £90k or even £120k a week he still lost out on all that money.

Therefore, in order to make it worth it monetarily for him, he now needs a hefty signing on fee eg around £10mill which I think he commands next year but not if the buying club has to shell out 8 figures to buy him this year.
Decision making was never his strong point.

Yeshua

Reaction score
It's become clear to most, Ruben Neves is now set to stay and sign a new contract with Wolves.
No club are willing to match his valuation this summer.
Could mean another quiet window for Wolves with 1 or 2 additions likely.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I take your point but it seems quite a speculative plan B, hope to be proven wrong though.
The players we scout will be scouted by half the PL and European teams too. By the report it looks like we are not ****ing about with this one. Having been outbidded on other targets i guess they are pushing the boat out on this one.
Again it's ultimately down to the player, but putting your case over in person is about as much as you can do without physically throwing him in a bag and running the **** away with him!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks like a really good prospect, and I would love to see him at Wolves, but I just get the feeling that we are wasting our efforts trying to sign players that are out of our league.

Ignacio, Palhinha, Nunes and now Fernández. If we are not careful the players we could have signed will have gone elsewhere.
Well perhaps we just shouldn't bother then. No point wasting our time trying to sign anyone.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
- Don't get linked with anyone: despite not generally being public about targets, we are not signing anyone and getting relegated.
- Linked with a player who is deemed not good enough: club lacks ambition.
- Linked with player who is deemed good enough: they are actually too good for Wolves and why would they come here.
- Reasonably reputable source reports club are in talks: it's just a ploy from the board to say "they tried".
- Twitter reporter with 3 followers or clickbait site indicates deal mentioned above may not happen: This is all fact and the club are useless

A rollercoaster on this thread

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This feels like we have the same approach as last summer where Shi was quoted as saying we have a list of 20/30 ‘top targets’ and we either sign someone from that list or no one (not including young prospects)

Problem is those players are good enough to improve us because they’re quality players but they will all be wanted by the best clubs around and we need to offer something appealing to get in ahead of those teams, and it’s hard to knew what that is currently… I’m sure those conversations with the players were targeting would be quite revealing in this regard

Last time we couldn’t get them over the line, hope this summer can be different… but if we can get a Nunes or an Enzo over the line then they have proven they can still sell our project to those ‘top targets’

Big ‘if’ of course, but I’m impressed by the quality of rumour here at least

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The players we scout will be scouted by half the PL and European teams too. By the report it looks like we are not ****ing about with this one. Having been outbidded on other targets i guess they are pushing the boat out on this one.
Again it's ultimately down to the player, but putting your case over in person is about as much as you can do without physically throwing him in a bag and running the **** away with him!
The fact that we have other Spanish speaking players (Jonny, Raul) should be a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom