Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's a valid question to ask. If a late offer comes in matching our asking price, do we then reject it, knowing we can't replace him in due time?

Seeing how we loaned out Adama late in the window, hoping it would lead to a sale, but knowing well it would weaken our squad, I think we have our answer...

Yes I know Neves is more important than Adama, but the footballing perspective doesn't seem to be the most deciding factor. Otherwise Adama would've stayed.

I think the question to ask is.....Is Jeff Shi and his puppet up to the task.

My answer is NO.

When they first arrived I would say they did very well.We won the championship,got 7th and 7th.in the premier with a FA Cup semi-final,and europe.Then wen the talk of self sustainability come along we have gone downhill with a 10th and a 13th.So NO Jeff it ay working.If yam that good at the job you should better yourself every year.Yow'v gone downhill.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama going to Leeds would be the ultimate reality check for him. If I’m him and I’m reading that link I am going back to Compton ready so sign anything offered.
I don't get it either. Does he really not want to be here that much. Divides opinion on here clearly, but he'd thrive in a more attacking system as he showed in the first 3 games of last season.
I think you may be both missing a key element here - what's to say Bruno actually wants him? Maybe Bruno doesn't see him as part of his plans (and Adama is a bit of square peg in a round hole a lot of the time)?

Last edited:

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think you may be both missing a key element here - what's to say Bruno actually wants him? Maybe Bruno doesn't see him as part of his plans (and Adama is a bit of square peg on a round hole a lot of the time)?
Bruno said he’d give Traore a big hug when he saw him next and it looked like they got on well before he left. Maybe things have changed in recent weeks though , who knows.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think footballing success is the deciding factor, but I suspect Fosun know that without Neves or new players funded by Neves money, we 1) risk being relegated;

As they are not-footballing people, they could look at the league table, see the team in the top half the table and easily think "no need to panic there, one player can't make that much difference". TBH Most neutrals I know who are footballing people don't think Wolves are in real risk of relegation. Struggling, maybe, but virtually guaranteed there will be at least 3 and most likely 5 or 6 teams even worse than us. Our run in was awful, but Villa, Leeds, Southampton, Everton were just about as bad. Add in the 3 promoted teams...

Don't get me wrong, I am concerned, but I just think that following the club every hour every day, we are a bit too close and lose perspective. I highly doubt Fosun think we are at risk of relegation right now. Give it till Xmas, maybe.

2) have a fanbase ready to turn on them;
And...? What could the fanbase do that affects lobal megacorp Fosun in the slightest? I suppose if we caused trouble, they could just sell us on to the first businessman who fancies a plaything..like before. They would possibly be baffled as to how providing the club with their best times in nearly half a century, has a fanbase turning on them.

3) weaken our reputation and brand. Those things will all affect our financial success, so I don't think they'd risk it. The risk, however, is that Neves tries to force it, though he doesn't strike me as the type.

There's always Esports, the clothing store and the record label! Now you're talking, as Fosun wouldn't want those damaged.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, haven't read who the other one is, but Awoniyi was really good for Union.
20 million Euros are a bit of money, and 6 more than we pay for Hwang. But Hwang couldn't get in the Leipzig team and didnt score there, while Awoniyi scored 15 goals for a struggling team.

So I guess while not exactly bargain price, I'd say Awoniyi would be worth that extra outlay compared to Hwang.

Awoniyi looks an even better deal if you compare to , say, Timo Werner or Fabio Silva. After all, their Premier League goals have cost more than Hwangs. Though I suppose that doesn't fit the biased scapegoating of Hwang being the biggest waste of money in footballing history.

koplex

Groupie
Reaction score
Lepinjica was actually extremely highly rated a couple of years, linked to all the usual elite clubs. He's been injured for 18 months, hence the drop in calibre of teams interested in him.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lepinjica was actually extremely highly rated a couple of years, linked to all the usual elite clubs. He's been injured for 18 months, hence the drop in calibre of teams interested in him.
Even better to buy and loan to grasshoppers for fitness.

All jokes aside he was getting good reviews at croatia u21s looking like a future player, he is a unit

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at his stats, I doubt he'll make the first team squad.

Aged 22, bench fodder for the first two-thirds of the season, although he ended up playing the full 90 in 5 of the last 9 games.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To back up your point

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could sign Collins for 40 million or Ben Mee for nothing. I know one is a lot younger, but in terms of current effectiveness Ben Mee is the better player IMO. Plus you have Collins, Toti, Sanderson Kilman all in a similar age group, plus ait-nouri at wingback too.
Tarkowski is available for nothing too but he's probably going to Everton on Moutinho style wages; I'm not sure he's really worth that.
Ben mee wouldn't be a bad shout would he on a free?

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Me too remember the better grasshoppers or these players perform the better for us look at Bolla / Toti it’s a cheap way of developing high potential players
Correct. Preaching to the choir.

I don’t understand why some posters cast aspersions at the partnership. One would assume they are just morons. Upside is great with very little to no downside. And whatever else is in between does us absolutely no harm.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Correct. Preaching to the choir.

I don’t understand why some posters cast aspersions at the partnership. One would assume they are just morons. Upside is great with very little to no downside. And whatever else is in between does us absolutely no harm.
I absolutely don't have a problem with it, and think it's a good thing. However the counterpoint to that is, our squad needs investment far more than Grasshoppers! Now if we sign 4/5 new players in the positions we need, great! But if we fail in that but sign players that strengthen Guo's wives team in Switzerland questions will quite rightly be asked!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As they are not-footballing people, they could look at the league table, see the team in the top half the table and easily think "no need to panic there, one player can't make that much difference". TBH Most neutrals I know who are footballing people don't think Wolves are in real risk of relegation. Struggling, maybe, but virtually guaranteed there will be at least 3 and most likely 5 or 6 teams even worse than us. Our run in was awful, but Villa, Leeds, Southampton, Everton were just about as bad. Add in the 3 promoted teams...

Don't get me wrong, I am concerned, but I just think that following the club every hour every day, we are a bit too close and lose perspective. I highly doubt Fosun think we are at risk of relegation right now. Give it till Xmas, maybe.

And...? What could the fanbase do that affects lobal megacorp Fosun in the slightest? I suppose if we caused trouble, they could just sell us on to the first businessman who fancies a plaything..like before. They would possibly be baffled as to how providing the club with their best times in nearly half a century, has a fanbase turning on them.

There's always Esports, the clothing store and the record label! Now you're talking, as Fosun wouldn't want those damaged.
This, totally. Be very careful what you wish for. I for 1 want Fosun to stay - and to continue to learn and improve.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are not poor.
We are grotesquely, obscenely massively rich. 1 billion people watch Premier league football. 5 men and his dog watch watch the Portuguese league. Most of the wealth coming into our club these days comes from the overseas TV viewer.
What? The legacy fans don't pay for everything? Hope Jeff doesn't realise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom