Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every club tries and fails to sign players. If you sign every player you target, you're obviously shopping below your level.

Likewise, if you miss out on every player you target, you're obviously shopping above your level!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine stepping off the gas going for Palhinha reflected a belief that serious offers for Neves wouldn’t be forthcoming this summer, and that we don’t need him if Neves stays. If that situation now changes, and we’ve missed out on Palhinha, then I hope we have a good plan B…

I can see it now.Neves signs for United at the last minute of deadline day.Jeff said the offer was too good to refuse.:mad:

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing will happen here till August….

It won’t stop my popping back here from time to time for a laugh :p

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see it now.Neves signs for United at the last minute of deadline day.Jeff said the offer was too good to refuse.:mad:

And we pay a fee to Grasshoppers to cut Kawebe's loan short to replace him?

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have reached the point where I just can’t be bothered reading any of the rumours and conjecture.We are just going round in circles .If we bring players in,fine but I am not holding my breath .
It is all very frustrating and yes I have no doubt they are working on things but how much longer do we have to wait ?
I'm at the apathetic phase too. We're a week further on than we normally would be with the season starting on early August so there's less time to get things sorted this summer.

Maybe we won't make any big signings. Neves and Donk staying, Moutinho a new deal and MGW at least giving us another option in midfield. Back 5 for another season with Toti in for Saiss. Chiquinho steps up to take Trincao's spot. One more midfielder than last season is progress I guess.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I shall be royally ****ed off if we miss out on Palhinha. Exactly what we need to beef up our technically skilful but insipid midfield.

The ony way I can see it Nick.Is that it's a smoke screen so everyone thinks we want him,but in reality we are after better.Who that might be though is anyone's guess.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm at the apathetic phase too. We're a week further on than we normally would be with the season starting on early August so there's less time to get things sorted this summer.

Maybe we won't make any big signings. Neves and Donk staying, Moutinho a new deal and MGW at least giving us another option in midfield. Back 5 for another season with Toti in for Saiss. Chiquinho steps up to take Trincao's spot. One more midfielder than last season is progress I guess.

That's the spirit. A player returning from a loan will be like a new signing.

It's like Moxey never left.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It sort of feels possible. I must admit I thought we'd be looking at a bit of an influx this summer a couple of months back, but I'm starting to wonder. It might just be that we end up with 2/3 signings, with MGW coming back into the squad and a couple of the younger players being given proper chances (Gomes, Bueno, Sarkic, Cundle, Chiquinho etc)?

Looks to me at this stage like things really will depend on whether we can make a decent sale or two? Traore, Hoever, Sanderson, Ronan, Cutrone etc might fetch us a few quid, which will be helpful, but nothing earth shattering if we are adamant about sell to buy?

Last edited:

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah. Free transfers are anything but free too. It gives players/agents a ridiculously strong hand in negotiations for both signing on fee and salary. How else does Aaron Ramsey get £400k a week at Juventus! Or Tarkowski going to Everton for £120k a week!! He's nothing more than a decent PL defender.

So leave it a year and as you say Leeds have a lot of competition, probably from some better placed clubs too. He'd probably be asking clubs for a big signing on fee, plus increased wages too, so Leeds would need to go over and above the offers from the competition to secure him.

Over the course of his contract it could end up costing as much as paying a fee for him now.
Added to which if he stays and Lage doesn't play him he very much becomes 'yesterday's news'...Doubt anyone would be queuing up to pay him mega-wages in that scenario.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It sort of feels possible. I must admit I thought we'd be looking at a bit of an influx this summer a couple of months back, but I'm starting to wonder. Might just be 2/3 signings, with MGW coming back in and a couple of the younger players being given proper chances (Gomes, Bueno, Sarkic, Cundle etc)? Looks to me at this stage like things really will depend on whether we can make a decent sale or two?
Doesn't actually sound that bad if Neves stays and we give the youngsters a proper run and play more positively. Hopefully Bruno can make it work again if he doesn't get the players he wants.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It sort of feels possible. I must admit I thought we'd be looking at a bit of an influx this summer a couple of months back, but I'm starting to wonder. Might just be 2/3 signings, with MGW coming back in and a couple of the younger players being given proper chances (Gomes, Bueno, Sarkic, Cundle etc)? Looks to me at this stage like things really will depend on whether we can make a decent sale or two?
MGW may well decide his future lies elsewhere. If our Nunes bid fails then we are into another season with the same squad pretty much. But…players and staff are on hols so we may see a lot more activity next week when they all start to return for pre-season training.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm generally a happy clapper except for Hwang, but this wouldn't be acceptable. The team needs refreshing, the evidence is there for all to see, and not to get the spine of the team renewed would be totally irresponsible of Shi. If we lose Ait Nouri and maybe Neves and don't buy 4 quality replacements then we will be in a really bad place next season. Lage does not have the ability to turn the present squad around.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this thread is great. Summarising -Zinchenko isn't good enough but Nunes is too good. However we're only chasing him for appearance sake and aren't interested really.
Traore is ace, underappreciated but not worth £18 million.
Palhina prefers Fulham, its a disaster but he also may not be good enough.
Think we all like Collins at Burnley but we won't sign him cos of Mendes and Portugal and something.
Seferovic definitely not good enough but all quiet there anyway.
No centre half in site but we may have an offer for Coady so definitely sell, he's holding us back.
Think that is it.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't actually sound that bad if Neves stays and we give the youngsters a proper run and play more positively. Hopefully Bruno can make it work again if he doesn't get the players he wants.
If we retained Neves and Moutinho (big if), brought in MGW and a few of those young lads into the squad and added a CM, CB and a striker I'd be fairly happy at this stage?

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this thread is great. Summarising -Zinchenko isn't good enough but Nunes is too good. However we're only chasing him for appearance sake and aren't interested really.
Think we all like Collins at Burnley but we won't sign him cos of Mendes and Portugal and something.
No centre half in site but we may have an offer for Coady so definitely sell, he's holding us back.
Think that is it.
You missed out MGW!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It sort of feels possible. I must admit I thought we'd be looking at a bit of an influx this summer a couple of months back, but I'm starting to wonder. It might just be that we end up with 2/3 signings, with MGW coming back into the squad and a couple of the younger players being given proper chances (Gomes, Bueno, Sarkic, Cundle, Chiquinho etc)?

Looks to me at this stage like things really will depend on whether we can make a decent sale or two? Traore, Hoever, Sanderson, Ronan, Cutrone etc might fetch us a few quid, which will be helpful, but nothing earth shattering if we are adamant about sell to buy?
Ive never thought we would sign more than 2/3 and thats fine if they are quality players and not "for the future" ones
Its just that if Neves/MGW/RAN/Traore/Donk in fact any of them leave especially late in the window we will need more than that,thats my concern at this point

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW may well decide his future lies elsewhere. If our Nunes bid fails then we are into another season with the same squad pretty much. But…players and staff are on hols so we may see a lot more activity next week when they all start to return for pre-season training.
Yep, or Utd change their minds on Neves, or a surprise bid comes in for a Donk/Coady say?

I get the financial parameters we are working under (even if I don't love them), but it really does feel like we fly by the seat of our pants a bit from the outside looking in? I can see why people get anxious. It appears to be a lot of if x happens then we might do y but if doesn't etc.......rather than us being incredibly decisive (just referring to the optics as I see them)?

Regardless of how things may appear, the bottom line is that at end of this window if no significant improvements are made we are likely to be asking for trouble based on our performances/results since Feb?

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If it stays that way we will really struggle. We need a proper change round of the squad.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive never thought we would sign more than 2/3 and thats fine if they are quality players and not "for the future" ones
Its just that if Neves/MGW/RAN/Traore/Donk in fact any of them leave especially late in the window we will need more than that,thats my concern at this point

If we were to say bring in Nunes, Carmo and Guedes and hang on to Neves et al, I'd be feeling very positive about us. I'm not writing something like this off from happening, but I can't say that I feel super, super confident at this stage tbh?

I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see a few big last minute bids come in here and there for some of our better players, particularly as teams with cash to throw around get a bit desperate late in the window. Be interesting to see how we respond if that happens? Our ability to close deals at the end of the window last year hardly bred confidence about us leaving things till the last minute this time out.

D

Deleted member intdint

15m for Palhinha is a good deal, we should be all over that, we would probably get 10-15m for Dendoncker too, who I feel is a busted flush at Wolves.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have reached the point where I just can’t be bothered reading any of the rumours and conjecture. We are just going round in circles .If we bring players in, fine but I am not holding my breath. It is all very frustrating and yes I have no doubt they are working on things but how much longer do we have to wait?
Is it too doom-mongery to predict we won't sign a single first-team player this window? Let alone the X number of players Bruno wants in before pre-season begins in 11 days' time. It's such a broken record.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think that is it.
In addition RAN is going to the top so we should sell him before he is worth evn more and replace him with Zinchenko who has reached his celiing.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t be too many other options for him in the Premier League.

We’re a great shop window for these kind of players.
Yeah - if that's the case, I very assume Mr Mendes gives him a friendly word or two of encouragement.

It's when we reportedly don't agree terms with clubs that I assume it's dead in the water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom