Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think we will miss out, it seems that whenever we are looking at a player as soon as someone else is interested we just give up and concede that they join whoever our competition is. It's usually Everton, Villa or one of the Sky 6 but to give in to the pressure of Fulham will surely be a new low.

Sky 6 is understandable given the opportunity they generally offer for Europe. As for the others, how has us missing out on players to them worked out for us and them?

Edit: and who are these players?!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has the summer transfer window actually opened yet?

Asking for around 6000 'friends'.
My guess is with the season finished and the same with the internationals finally done, players are just tuned out and on holiday.
Maybe don’t expect transfer news just yet.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Did I see that Villa fans are now calling us Wolverhampton Windowshoppers? Interested FC. JustLookingFC - I can see a few more coming our way.
When does pre-season start? I must have been smoking something 'cos I'm sure all the business was going to be done in time for pre-season...

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did I see that Villa fans are now calling us Wolverhampton Windowshoppers? Interested FC. JustLookingFC - I can see a few more coming our way.
When does pre-season start? I must have been smoking something 'cos I'm sure all the business was going to be done in time for pre-season...
Did Bruno actually say that? Genuine q!

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't watched enough of him other than the odd Portugal game he's featured in but does it say much about Palhinha as a player if his best option is Fulham?

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I get the Rolls-Royce vs Citroen metaphor, but, if you live in a tidy semi with a garage in Moseley, rather than buying a Rolls-Royce surely you'd be better off buying a decent sized Merc for yourself and a BMW 1 series for the Mrs.

As such, why spend £42 mill on Nunes when, for the same money and the wages of those already left, we could buy Collins (£18mill), Palhinha (£15mill) and Almeida (£8mill)?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the Rolls-Royce vs Citroen metaphor, but, if you live in a tidy semi with a garage in Moseley, rather than buying a Rolls-Royce surely you'd be better off buying a decent sized Merc for yourself and a BMW 1 series for the Mrs.

As such, why spend £42 mill on Nunes when, for the same money and the wages of those already left, we could buy Collins (£18mill), Palhinha (£15mill) and Almeida (£8mill)?
Because Nunes is better than all 3 and would make a much bigger impact to improving the first 11. I get the analogy but it really doesn’t work here or in football.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I have reached the point where I just can’t be bothered reading any of the rumours and conjecture.We are just going round in circles .If we bring players in,fine but I am not holding my breath .
It is all very frustrating and yes I have no doubt they are working on things but how much longer do we have to wait ?

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Lol

He should stop speaking as he shows how little authority he truly has with each soundbite.

We need a dof
Don't particularly want to click on birmingham mail article but do recall seeing something about wanting business done in time for pre-season. I am guessing the "warning shot" is a bit of embellushment on their part.

However, i do get the impression he needs to be a bit quieter on these things. Stuff like this gives fans expectations and when they don't come to fruition it makes things look disjointed.

I know Nuno could be frustrating when it came to updates, but it did seem like he got the memo about not giving anything away and Bruno hasn't read his emails. A bit like a mate who can't wait to blab about something they're not supposed to

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He said he wanted a lot of our business done so new players could be with us when pre season training starts. He will be lucky to have one player through the door at this rate.

“It’s very important for us that the players are here on the first day, then we will have four or five weeks of work to start the Premier League in the best way. We can explain everything so that new players know the ideas. We are working for that. In the same way we need to understand the policy of the club, the modern days. The first sale is going to be like a domino - the money will move.”

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That makes no sense to me why people do that without a translation.

Because most people simply rely on automated browser translation and just copy the link, rather than the translated text.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Because Nunes is better than all 3 and would make a much bigger impact to improving the first 11. I get the analogy but it really doesn’t work here or in football.
I would get this if we only needed one player to make a massive difference. We need at least four. And we aren't going to buy 4 players at Matheus Nunes' price tag to do it as we have to live within our means.

To use another analogy, if you are sitting in your house and the roof is leaking whilst the garden is overgrown due to 3 years of inactivity, it may look good to your neighbours to paint the front of the house and buy a new front door, which may also need doing, but spending all of your money on that isn't going to deal with the problems that are affecting you day to day.

We do need a ball carrying midfielder (which both Nunes and Almeida would provide) but using all of our money on that, whilst not buying a fast centre back, a touch tackling midfielder and a forward who can finish, means we would only deal with 1 of our 4 problems and still have 3 problems to solve.

So, why buy one Rolls-Royce if you have 4 people in your family that need to get to work at the same time every day? Two cars, an Uber and a bus pass would be a better use of resources.

Last edited:

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you using a Spectrum 48k? Anybody of sane mind would have a browser that auto translates.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The circumstances may have been different but the first two Fosun windows seemed organised and controlled. Since then it’s been flaying around . It’s seems increasingly likely we are not in control of events or we are very passive .
As I posted in February, if we had a major summer revamp or rebuild you wouldn’t leave it to Shi and Sellars
Not strengthening that backroom team showed our passivity.

Last edited:

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This close season is absolutely huge. I feel like it's make or break. Get it right, we kick on and put genuine pressure on the top 6. Unfortunately, i feel we are going to get another desperately disappointing window. With next season being more like the 2nd half of last than the 1st.
It really is true, you need to upgrade or build every season just to stand still and it feels like we were really lucky last year to end up where we did. If the club's ambition is to just tread water where we are using the leanest of all squads, it's a very dangerous game that could well backfire spectacularly.

MASSIVE close-season. And the signs are not particularly encouraging so far. The last few seasons have been the best of my lifetime after getting on board in the 4th Division and the horrid faded red seats of the John Ireland lower family enclosure. I really hope we haven't peaked.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who in their right minds would pay £18million for a player in the last year of his contract?
Dirty leeds would, although i do not like the idea that he will rock up first game against it, much rather it later in the season.

Will be like when we played middlesborough and he was running through our whole team.

Hopefully he hasnt been practicing shooting in the off season, hes a good run of form and finishing ability away from being the world beater.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately the reality is one of city’s poorer players would probably be one of our better ones. That’s the gulf between us.

I'm not sure, what is he actually good at. Not particularly athletic, anything special at passing, shooting or crossing. For me he's just a steady player that's intelligent enough to understand what Pep wants. Let's not forget Pep must think RAN is a sizeable upgrade on him.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure, what is he actually good at. Not particularly athletic, anything special at passing, shooting or crossing. For me he's just a steady player that's intelligent enough to understand what Pep wants. Let's not forget Pep must think RAN is a sizeable upgrade on him.
He would fight it out with cancelo i would have thought, and i think its more of a case of zinchenko wanting to play MF.

RAN higher ceiling with his age etc, i mean he is a right talent, before he joined the games against psg for angers he looked raw but class.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Perhaps he is putting pressure on pep to play midfield? He is excellent when playing for ukraine in the middle of the park, but he is clearly not going to be first choice there for man city.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dirty leeds would, although i do not like the idea that he will rock up first game against it, much rather it later in the season.

Will be like when we played middlesborough and he was running through our whole team.

Hopefully he hasnt been practicing shooting in the off season, hes a good run of form and finishing ability away from being the world beater.
Ah ok, you mean that in two games where he only got an assist when we had TWO players sent off the pitch when the goal happened?

Can people stop behaving like we are selling Mbappe…..

He beats a man fine, but he rarely does anything of note afterwards.

Also, he will be playing lads who have known him and his weaknesses for a few years now.

I think he would find it a fairly challenging afternoon himself. As Ait Nouri pocket an ACTUALLY world class player in Salah and we have kept other much much much better players than adama quiet in games.

Hello even Brandon Williams has kept adama quiet on a few occasions and he is bang average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom