Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They get 50% of the money but we can buy the clause for 10m. So if the money is over £20m it's worth buying the clause.

I heard they value Zinchenco at £30m what I thinks ridiculous.

On paper it might sound like a good idea. But City won't be sending us much money and they must value RAN as better as Zinchenco. So why would we take the deal

Zinchenko potentially offers a more flexible player than RAN. Could potentially be used primarily in midfield, and as cover at the back. On the flip side, he’s probably close to his potential at City, so perhaps little upside in terms of sell on value, and especially compared to RAN.

Interesting dynamic potentially. Depending on how the sell on clause is worded, it might be that Zinchenko’s value doesn’t get factored in. If so, and only the cash part is factored in, the potentially they see very little from the 50% share. If so, Wolves could retain more of the total deal value than a straight sale.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

They only say they want a profit on the £12m they paid for him… so arguably around £15m May do it… a good player for that price and only 21
Hopefully that would at least be in our price range. If it’s the £25m price quoted above it probably rules us out.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't believe our recruitment team would deliberately offer too little just to say they tried. If true it just makes them look incompetent. If we can't afford the wages why bother pursuing him?

I prefer to believe that we really are trying to sign Nunes.
Offer them 12.5 million. They are desperate to sell.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This article says we’ve given up signing Palhinha…

Meanwhile, Romano saying Man Utd may need to switch attention to Neves as Barca may no loner need to sell De Jong

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If true, we can’t get a player we’ve been after for a while and who reportedly wanted to come to Wolves. We must have other more suitable fish to catch then. Either that or he doesn’t fancy working under the dynamic personalities of Shi, Sellars and Bruno :)

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If true, we can’t get a player we’ve been after for a while and who reportedly wanted to come to Wolves. We must have other more suitable fish to catch then.

I imagine stepping off the gas going for Palhinha reflected a belief that serious offers for Neves wouldn’t be forthcoming this summer, and that we don’t need him if Neves stays. If that situation now changes, and we’ve missed out on Palhinha, then I hope we have a good plan B…

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine stepping off the gas going for Palhinha reflected a belief that serious offers for Neves wouldn’t be forthcoming this summer, and that we don’t need him if Neves stays. If that situation now changes, and we’ve missed out on Palhinha, then I hope we have a good plan B…
We have an appalling plan B transfer record. Who can forget their last minute panics trying to find cover for strikers. If Neves and Moutinho stay, which they will no doubt spin as new signings, how will that improve our midfield creativity? It will be the same as previous seasons, surely?

I’m sure they have a cunning plan to give Bruno his own team this season, or at least the players who can play the Bruno ball of Benfica.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Meanwhile, Romano saying Man Utd may need to switch attention to Neves as Barca may no loner need to sell De Jong

Probably more like Palhinha has given up on us faffing around as usual.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope springs eternal at Wolves, as does Plan B.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blimey, that’s a huge profit for them for a CH who’s been relegated in his only PL season, as promising as he is

Maybe the truth somewhere in between

He only played in the later games really Dyche preferred to stick with Mee and Tarkowski but they got better results with him in the team and he looked very promising. Bit like Nuno not trusting Kilman over our 'experienced' less good CBs.

Also scored this goal:

I don't think he's our type of signing but he should be. He's got all the attributes of a CB we need tall, pretty quick for a CB, good in the air and good on the ball. He'll play for a top club at some point I'm convinced.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not sure how reliable Alan Nixon is but if we could get Zinchenko and say £15mil that would be a great deal for us for RAN. We could then leave the 50% in rather than buy it out as it would be £7.5mil rather than giving them £10mil. Also with the remaining £7.5mil which in euros is €10mil we could probably sign Guilherme Arana for that to replace RAN as a left wing back with Zinchenko playing in midfield.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I shall be royally ****ed off if we miss out on Palhinha. Exactly what we need to beef up our technically skilful but insipid midfield.
I think we will miss out, it seems that whenever we are looking at a player as soon as someone else is interested we just give up and concede that they join whoever our competition is. It's usually Everton, Villa or one of the Sky 6 but to give in to the pressure of Fulham will surely be a new low.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not signing Palhinha because Neves stays is fine..
However we're in trouble if we don't sign another midfielder to play alongside him or if he's sold late in the window leaving us to loom around desperately for targets way down on our shortlist.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not sure how reliable Alan Nixon is but if we could get Zinchenko and say £15mil that would be a great deal for us for RAN. We could then leave the 50% in rather than buy it out as it would be £7.5mil rather than giving them £10mil. Also with the remaining £7.5mil which in euros is €10mil we could probably sign Guilherme Arana for that to replace RAN as a left wing back with Zinchenko playing in midfield.

Not sure about this at all. Maybe I'm just not a massive fan of Zinchenco. Been one of man City worse players for ages. No idea how he's being valued at £30m. Maybe he's a lot better in midfield but if that was the case why are they letting him go

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we will miss out, it seems that whenever we are looking at a player as soon as someone else is interested we just give up and concede that they join whoever our competition is. It's usually Everton, Villa or one of the Sky 6 but to give in to the pressure of Fulham will surely be a new low.

Genuinely struggling to think of a player we’ve lost out on to either of these clubs in the last 5 seasons

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Genuinely struggling to think of a player we’ve lost out on to either of these clubs in the last 5 seasons
The only one i can pitentially think of may be that kamara chap villa just signed on a free. We were in for him last summer. However, i dont believe we were back in for him this summer on a free because of the wages. Sure ibread somewhere he was on a couple hundred grand a week.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure about this at all. Maybe I'm just not a massive fan of Zinchenco. Been one of man City worse players for ages. No idea how he's being valued at £30m. Maybe he's a lot better in midfield but if that was the case why are they letting him go
Unfortunately the reality is one of city’s poorer players would probably be one of our better ones. That’s the gulf between us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom