Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless how some of you view the Botman and Sanchez deals falling through last summer, it must have very disappointing to Bruno, Jeff and the transfer team. All that work, effort, telephone calls between the clubs, players, agents, lawyers, accountants and medical people and in the end, its all for nought.

Unless they’re incredibly philosophical or saint like or as tough as nay seals, it’s gotta be a huge letdown for them.
Its all avoidable if Jeff and co. bid in reasonable ranges and not well under what teams are asking for. Much of this, and maybe my perspective is off, seems self-inflicted more than anything. Unrealistic (on the lower side of asking terms) targets.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think selling Coady would be a risky strategy. It could work, we move to a back 4, Neves takes on the leader role etc. Also think it could quite easily backfire, we lose the current dressing room camaraderie, Neves departs in a year’s time, Mouts too old and we are left with no suitable club captain.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t doubt that we’ll get new players however will they be the first, second or third choice targets that Jeff, Bruno etc put together.
I feel sorry for them……they see all these great players who are open to move but we can’t even dream about getting some them.
Either they cost too much and their wages are too high or they don’t want to move to Wolverhampton.

Its like a kid in the sweet shop and while you see the best candy in their jars, you’re dad steers you over to the cheap selection.

Regardless how some of you view the Botman and Sanchez deals falling through last summer, it must have very disappointing to Bruno, Jeff and the transfer team. All that work, effort, telephone calls between the clubs, players, agents, lawyers, accountants and medical people and in the end, its all for nought.
Unless they’re incredibly philosophical or saint like or as tough as nay seals, it’s gotta be a huge letdown for them.
The Sanches deal didn’t fall through we pulled out.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its all avoidable if Jeff and co. bid in reasonable ranges and not well under what teams are asking for. Much of this, and maybe my perspective is off, seems self-inflicted more than anything. Unrealistic (on the lower side of asking terms) targets.
You could be right but I don’t think it’s self inflicted at all.
If a club was underbidding, then very soon, they’d get a bad reputation and no one would take them seriously next time.
Super stars aside, there is a kind of ‘market value’ for most players and everyone knows those figures.
However, that can change if there is a bidding war.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t doubt that we’ll get new players however will they be the first, second or third choice targets that Jeff, Bruno etc put together.
I feel sorry for them……they see all these great players who are open to move but we can’t even dream about getting some them.
Either they cost too much and their wages are too high or they don’t want to move to Wolverhampton.

Its like a kid in the sweet shop and while you see the best candy in their jars, you’re dad steers you over to the cheap selection.

Much of this could be avoided through due diligence though.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is if this is the case you'd imagine they have 20 targets to trawl through. Because you'd at least get 3 or 4 of those right?
Hopefully but when it’s all over, I hope Bruno and Jeff feel very satisfied with this window.
Last two seasons were lousy for various reasons but fingers crossed, Lady Luck will see us injury free for a while.

Last edited:
R

reanswolf

Is anyone interested in Donk? Wonder if Lazio are following up their supposed interest ?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumours about Neves staying is certainly positive. But how would people feel if it meant no new signings?
If there were no signings at all we would struggle badly next season
I dont go along with the we must sell Neves to sign new players,but selling him would undoubtedly free cash up for more quality players which we badly need

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to know how far down the line we are at potentially bringing in a new striker and a new centre back. Bruno has mentioned these as areas we need new additions but no real credible links to anyone in these key positions.

Obviously we have the Nunes and Palhinha links for midfield but no real links to a striker or centre back.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to know how far down the line we are at potentially bringing in a new striker and a new centre back. Bruno has mentioned these as areas we need new additions but no real credible links to anyone in these key positions.

Obviously we have the Nunes and Palhinha links for midfield but no real links to a striker or centre back.
Think the Seferovic link is the one I've seen most for striker and the Carmo one for CB, ain't got a clue if we still after them tho or ever really were

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don’t think they do their due diligence? I bet they do.
Nobody invests millions of pounds without doing so. Who would?

Don't know whether they do or not. You'd assume so. But the reasons you mention for failed transfers (wages, not wanting to come ro Wolverhampton, etc) are pretty easy things to check up on in the early stages of a player pursuit.

Also, if you fail in the market as we've done for the past couple of windows, then those in charge must be responsible. It can't just be down to bad luck or circumstances .

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumours about Neves staying is certainly positive. But how would people feel if it meant no new signings?

I'd take a strict transfer window if it means we keep Neves.

If it's something like we sell Adama and some of the kids, and end up with the likes of Seferovic and other cheaper"meh" singings

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there were no signings at all we would struggle badly next season
I dont go along with the we must sell Neves to sign new players,but selling him would undoubtedly free cash up for more quality players which we badly need
I would say that a lot about next season is more even than the transfers down to how our players coming back from injury perform. For example if Boly comes back to his best form that could make so much difference for example.
A lot of our trouble has been a weaker bench.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well it certainly is interesting what they tell potential signings to convincing them to come

"Our ambition is to be selfsustainable through griowing the branch and a sell to buy policy:

While the above is certainly sensible financially, I can't see how it can convince ambitious quality players to come here.

We could then of course point to the vision of developing young players, then selling for profit to a bigger club, a bit like Jota. But for a player hoping to compete for trophies or at least aim for Europe, how attractive is that vision?
"Our ambition is to conquer the eSports market and ease the queue for the toilets in the Steve Bull upper'

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I don't believe our recruitment team would deliberately offer too little just to say they tried. If true it just makes them look incompetent. If we can't afford the wages why bother pursuing him?

I prefer to believe that we really are trying to sign Nunes.
I think his point was that it is how some people spin it. That's how i read it anyway. Maybe i'm wrong

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It appears that the key is what happens with Neves. If he is willing to stay for another 2-3 years and sign a new contract, or he’s willing to move to a club offering regular football and European competitions, then it’s down to Mendes to get interested clubs to make a decision this month. In the one scenario, we sell the likes of Traore and fringe players and perhaps have up to 50m to spend on strengthening the spine with Neves a key part. In the other we have more like 100m to spend, but we need to replace Neves as well as the other strengthening. The club perhaps prefers the latter, but we can’t force clubs like Barca to buy Neves, we can only set a deadline and plan around that.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I'd rather Palhinha and Nunes than Neves personally, seems to be roughly the same price as well.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We didnt need reminding of that, its bad enough we're seeing £14m being ****ed away :tearsofjoy:

Plenty of forwards cost a lot more than £3M a goal in the Premier League. And that is only going to decrease when he gets his form and confidence back.

Marvellous007

Groupie
Reaction score
Until I see these players in a Wolves shirt I will not believe any of these rumours we have heard it all before same old drivel every transfer window, everyone getting carried away and then feeling let down

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd rather Palhinha and Nunes than Neves personally, seems to be roughly the same price as well.
I'd sooner sell donk and traore, that will fund palhinha, andre almeria and seferovic.

A midfield 4 of mouts neves palhinha and almeria sounds really good.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasnt that before they got Dan Burn tho?

Not sure mate but they only had to pay 9 million for Burn. It would have been a lot more for Coady and Kilman. Will be interesting if they do bid for them again if they did in January. Kilman was also attracting interest from Chelsea.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure mate but they only had to pay 9 million for Burn. It would have been a lot more for Coady and Kilman. Will be interesting if they do bid for them again if they did in January. Kilman was also attracting interest from Chelsea.
Fair one, think Kilmans injury will keep him with us this window but maybe Coady may get some interest

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know whether they do or not. You'd assume so. But the reasons you mention for failed transfers (wages, not wanting to come ro Wolverhampton, etc) are pretty easy things to check up on in the early stages of a player pursuit.

Also, if you fail in the market as we've done for the past couple of windows, then those in charge must be responsible. It can't just be down to bad luck or circumstances .
You’re choosing to use the word fail…..fine, but I wouldn’t unless I knew the full story.
I get it…..as fans we feel disappointed at times, ( we’d love to sign de Bruyne for example), but if, like Zinchenko several years ago, a player turns us down at the 11th. hour, I don’t automatically blame the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom