Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly what I think. Surely due diligence has been done before putting in a big bid? Would be a bit daft if the bid has gone but miles apart when it comes to personal terms if that is the case.
"Due diligence" ? .... that's not Due diligence, that's tapping up.

And as mentioned, terms are not the same as wages

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly what I think. Surely due diligence has been done before putting in a big bid? Would be a bit daft if the bid has gone but miles apart when it comes to personal terms if that is the case.

Personal terms is a broad thing of which salary, is only a part. In his case, I suspect a release clause would be a serious area for debate. He wants European football, which Wolves can’t offer next season. But Wolves could offer him regular football in the Premier League, where he can prove his worth and get snapped up by City, Liverpool, Utd, etc. not as a bench player, but as a contender for a starting position. So come to Wolves as a soft entry into the richest league in the world. In that context, a release cause becomes key. Wolves would prefer not to have one, but if one were necessary, for it to be really high - say 80 or 90m. He would want it as low as possible, maybe 50 or 60m. He could simply refuse to come to Wolves if it’s set too high.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody else get the feeling, that palhinha is more or less in the bag , if we don't get Nunes over the line.

Obviously sporting have got vested interest in dealing with us, owe us money, owe us for future sell on clauses etc...

Palhinha is on holiday , and seems to be delaying a descision, and I reckon we will be his first choice, personally...can't see him makeing the Portugal squad to the world cup if he signs for Fulham.....but obviously IF we get Nunes he will then join them...

It would seem that the money is definitely available for one of them with Nunes being first choice.....

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool sign Calvin Ramsay from Aberdeen . £6.5 million
No faff , no fannying around , identified and purchased
Yes, and if Wolves had signed someone from Aberdeen for £6.5M the mix would probably still have criticised the club for buying poor quality; some don’t want us to play MGW and yet he was one of the players of the season in the Championship, and I suggest that ShefU were probably a better team than Aberdeen last season.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, and if Wolves had signed someone from Aberdeen for £6.5M the mix would probably still have criticised the club for buying poor quality; some don’t want us to play MGW and yet he was one of the players of the season in the Championship, and I suggest that ShefU were probably a better team than Aberdeen last season.
I thought the issue was that Bruno wanted MGW in January to come and prove his worth and MGW wanted Sheffield Utd.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Incase many of you didn’t know Hwang will be made official on the 1st of July according to my inside sources
Question is if it was still an option to buy would we still be going ahead with it? I still cannot believe that we triggered this deal so early.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought the issue was that Bruno wanted MGW in January to come and prove his worth and MGW wanted Sheffield Utd.
MGW wanted regular football and was guaranteed it at SheffU; at Wolves he probably felt he was a squad/ bench player.
I think it’s different in 22/23 season because the slate will be clean for everyone for pre-season; MGW has developed further and no Trincao. Bruno has also that he wants to play with a 3rd, attacking, midfielder (albeit only being able to use Dendonker in that role.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well it certainly is interesting what they tell potential signings to convincing them to come

"Our ambition is to be selfsustainable through griowing the branch and a sell to buy policy:

While the above is certainly sensible financially, I can't see how it can convince ambitious quality players to come here.

We could then of course point to the vision of developing young players, then selling for profit to a bigger club, a bit like Jota. But for a player hoping to compete for trophies or at least aim for Europe, how attractive is that vision?
It probably ain't. Depending on the quality of the player.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW wanted regular football and was guaranteed it at SheffU; at Wolves he probably felt he was a squad/ bench player.
I think it’s different in 22/23 season because the slate will be clean for everyone for pre-season; MGW has developed further and no Trincao. Bruno has also that he wants to play with a 3rd, attacking, midfielder (albeit only being able to use Dendonker in that role.
Any player is more likely to play at a Championship side than a Premier League side.
But they don’t , if given the option , it’s the easy option . I don’t find it a commendable attribute . I have great reservations about his decision making .

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I might be wrong but it feels like a few years ago when we were signing players, there was not a peep in the media and then the deal would be announced. Now, we have a lot of these deals very public that kind of string us along.

There is a lot more focus on Premier League teams by the media, when we were a championship club we weren't as interesting to the press.

However if you look at Trincao last year there was the odd mention in the press months before but the signing itself came out of the blue.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves are very tight on information so it's fair to assume the media know little but build a lot out of very little.
Which means many people ignore stories that don't follow the narrative in their head and pounce on any that do, or twist the tale to suit.
The Nunes story today is a good example - for many posters the story was made up by the club (to look good). Now the pretty reliable Romano has the story it's that they are deliberately offering too little (just to look good). If we fail to get him that will be why, no thought of how difficult it would be to persuade him to join.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves are very tight on information so it's fair to assume the media know little but build a lot out of very little.
Which means many people ignore stories that don't follow the narrative in their head and pounce on any that do, or twist the tale to suit.
The Nunes story today is a good example - for many posters the story was made up by the club (to look good). Now the pretty reliable Romano has the story it's that they are deliberately offering too little (just to look good). If we fail to get him that will be why, no thought of how difficult it would be to persuade him to join.
I don't believe our recruitment team would deliberately offer too little just to say they tried. If true it just makes them look incompetent. If we can't afford the wages why bother pursuing him?

I prefer to believe that we really are trying to sign Nunes.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't believe our recruitment team would deliberately offer too little just to say they tried. If true it just makes them look incompetent. If we can't afford the wages why bother pursuing him?

I prefer to believe that we really are trying to sign Nunes.
We’re probably being used as bait like we was with Cancelo & Dias

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a lot more focus on Premier League teams by the media, when we were a championship club we weren't as interesting to the press.

However if you look at Trincao last year there was the odd mention in the press months before but the signing itself came out of the blue.
Likewise Yerson Mosquera. Also, nobody had heard anything about Marcal before he appeared out of the blue.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sharing some info I’ve been told which I do actually believe, I have no further information than this but it has come from someone at the club, although indirectly to me:

Neves is more likely to stay than leave, no bids, interest isn’t there and clubs wont meet the asking price, no idea whether a new contract will be signed and not sure if one has been offered yet but at this point, unless something significant changes then he will be a wolves player next year.

Palhinha - no bid has been made by us, we are interested though. Fulham haven’t even offered personal terms to him and he’s still on holiday in Dubai, the reports that it’s up to him are false as deal is far less down the line than reported.

MGW isn’t for sale and will get a chance whether he signs the new contract or not.

Nunes is as reported with a deal some way off.

Nothing ground breaking or new there but that’s as of Friday.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sharing some info I’ve been told which I do actually believe, I have no further information than this but it has come from someone at the club, although indirectly to me:

Neves is more likely to stay than leave, no bids, interest isn’t there and clubs wont meet the asking price, no idea whether a new contract will be signed and not sure if one has been offered yet but at this point, unless something significant changes then he will be a wolves player next year.

Palhinha - no bid has been made by us, we are interested though. Fulham haven’t even offered personal terms to him and he’s still on holiday in Dubai, the reports that it’s up to him are false as deal is far less down the line than reported.

MGW isn’t for sale and will get a chance whether he signs the new contract or not.

Nunes is as reported with a deal some way off.

Nothing ground breaking or new there but that’s as of Friday.
Thanks for this.

Your the 2nd person to say this re. MGW and I don’t blame him not signing a contract right now tbf. He will probably reconsider half way through the season if he gets regular game time though.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree completely.
I understand we need quality to improve our starting 11 but I also feel there is huge, untapped potential in the championship. Young hungry players that are eager to prove themselves at the highest level. Whilst it could be considered a risk in terms of pl unproven, our squad is showing signs of stagnation and what better to motivate and push our better players than youngsters with a point to prove.
I just feel we are missing out on some absolute bargains that would be willing to put the work in for the shirt.
The problem is if they have done well and are British the transfer fee is steep and if they are yet to make an impact the risk is high.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pod's problem is he tries to the 1 in 100 thing all the time. When it comes off it's great he looks like a genius but you have to ignore all the times it doesn't and there was a better option. A real Kinkladze.
There are times he has been through on goal for him only to wait for the defender to get back to him so he can beat him again. There have been numerous attempts at chipping the keeper when he has been on the line. He's a luxury player that hasn't delivered so far for me. Certainly not an improvement on Jota.
We sold Jota for £45m and only paid £16m for Pod.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well trying to make sense of the past 40 pages, the only story with any substance appears to be that we are signing Malcom from the Dog and Duck when he gets back from Ibiza.
Malcolm's apparently stuck in Ibiza

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 18

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumours about Neves staying is certainly positive. But how would people feel if it meant no new signings?
I don't think there won't be any new signings it just means the level of our new signings would be lower than if we sold him. I for one would be over the moon if I woke up tomorrow to hear that he had signed a new contract.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Rumours about Neves staying is certainly positive. But how would people feel if it meant no new signings?
I do think we will try and sell some of the fringe players and those that wont work in a new system i.e coady and donk to cover a couple of proper incomming signings. Now is the time to cash in on the likes of sanderson, ronan etc. We cant keep sending them out on loan every year hoping they come good. We are also likely to be contributing to a large perecentage of their wages whilst they are out on loan.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think there won't be any new signings it just means the level of our new signings would be lower than if we sold him. I for one would be over the moon if I woke up tomorrow to hear that he had signed a new contract.

I could certainly live with that.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t doubt that we’ll get new players however will they be the first, second or third choice targets that Jeff, Bruno etc put together.
I feel sorry for them……they see all these great players who are open to move but we can’t even dream about getting some them.
Either they cost too much and their wages are too high or they don’t want to move to Wolverhampton.

Its like a kid in the sweet shop and while you see the best candy in their jars, you’re dad steers you over to the cheap selection.

Regardless how some of you view the Botman and Sanchez deals falling through last summer, it must have very disappointing to Bruno, Jeff and the transfer team. All that work, effort, telephone calls between the clubs, players, agents, lawyers, accountants and medical people and in the end, its all for nought.
Unless they’re incredibly philosophical or saint like or as tough as nay seals, it’s gotta be a huge letdown for them.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I don’t doubt that we’ll get new players however will they be the first, second or third choice targets that Jeff, Bruno etc put together.
I feel sorry for them……they see all these great players who are open to move but we can’t even dream about getting some them.
Either they cost too much and their wages are too high or they don’t want to move to Wolverhampton.

Its like a kid in the sweet shop and while you see the best candy in their jars, you’re dad steers you over to the cheap selection.

Regardless how some of you view the Botman and Sanchez deals falling through last summer, it must have very disappointing to Bruno, Jeff and the transfer team. All that work, effort, telephone calls between the clubs, players, agents, lawyers, accountants and medical people and in the end, its all for nought.
Unless they’re incredibly philosophical or saint like or as tough as nay seals, it’s gotta be a huge letdown for them.
The thing is if this is the case you'd imagine they have 20 targets to trawl through. Because you'd at least get 3 or 4 of those right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom