Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also something that's not mentioned enough is his attitude, which is first class, I don't think we've heard a bad word about him in 5 years. Someone who has the personality to fit seamlessly into any dressing room in the world is an underrated trait IMO when discussing a player's value, add that his undoubted talent then I agree he's worth every penny of the £40m+ figure that's being suggested.

It makes me wonder why clubs are willing to spend way more on players with questionable attitudes, such as Jack Grealish, a great player but seems permanently distracted by off the field stuff to the point he's now not even a regular at Man City. Different positions obviously but I'd back Neves to have more of an impact on Man City's team than Grealish and they could have had him for less than half the price and no added baggage.
Yes, a very good point! He's exactly the type of player you need in the dressing room. I also question the fees for Grealish etc. I know he has an English tax, but on the continent we've seen the likes of Pepe go to Arsenal for ridiculous money, but be nowhere near the type of player such as Neves.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
“Still no agreement on personal terms”

This just says there’s still no agreement, doesn’t mention the two sides are far apart on something fundamental like wage demands or playing time or whether it’s now down to which parking space he gets at Compton. It doesn’t say the player isn’t keen on coming here either. Hopefully a chat with the Portuguese contingent could help there.

This at least shows there’s discussion going on which is positive, persuading players of this calibre, competing with the likes of City/Man U/Juve for player’s signatures is something I never thought I’d see in my lifetime and in some ways is more competitive than the PL itself! Theres a series to be made by Netflix.

Obviously as fans there’s a lot of passion and expectations each window and part of the excitement is seeing rumours turn into something solid but would be nice if posters could at least be civil and not turn on each other. We’re not Spurs fans…….

CologneWolf

Reaction score
So what is it then if it wasn't a jab?

I'm taking a pop at hypocrisy. If you want to play the ITK game you can't go around making digs at others doing the same.

I'm going to leave it here as there are little enough transfer rumours in this transfer rumours that as it is, and that's why posts like Cornwall's aren't helpful. Someone posted something, it didn't work out. **** happens.
Perhaps you perceived a tone in the comment that was not actually there. Just as I perceived there not to be any after you called it out... As Cornwall has now gone on to say, there was really nothing in it.

Good to see you said sorry. No harm, no foul.

And other than my extremely humorous Sopranos references there wouldn’t be too many posts that are actually helpful!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, a very good point! He's exactly the type of player you need in the dressing room. I also question the fees for Grealish etc. I know he has an English tax, but on the continent we've seen the likes of Pepe go to Arsenal for ridiculous money, but be nowhere near the type of player such as Neves.
I must admit im surprised City havent been interested in Neves,they lack a real defensive midfielder imo,not that they lack much lol

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The project is over and the club is just settling for PL survival and player trading. The ambition has evaporated.

Well it certainly is interesting what they tell potential signings to convincing them to come

"Our ambition is to be selfsustainable through griowing the branch and a sell to buy policy:

While the above is certainly sensible financially, I can't see how it can convince ambitious quality players to come here.

We could then of course point to the vision of developing young players, then selling for profit to a bigger club, a bit like Jota. But for a player hoping to compete for trophies or at least aim for Europe, how attractive is that vision?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing. Romano has confirmed we are in talks for Nunes but nothing finalised yet but apparently the fact we haven't signed him is causing many grown men to urinate all over the floor and or cry about it

That's where ya need ya pampers.

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Liverpool sign Calvin Ramsay from Aberdeen . £6.5 million
No faff , no fannying around , identified and purchased
I understand your frustration but is it fair to compare our appeal as a club compared to Liverpool.

It is far easier to do such deals quickly if you are top top club

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well at least we are trying and looks like we have money to spend

Yes, that will be comforting to know once the window shuts and we have started the season with Dendoncker and Cundle in midfield...

By the way not having a go at you.. I agree it can be seen as intend and hopefully it turns out well

Just quite cynical after the last few disappointing windows where supposedly we also tried and had money to spend

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never understand why wages can be an issue when you're trying to buy a player.

Surely it's the first thing you ask, particularly in this case as we should know what Nunes would want and if it's realistic. If it is, you pursue it, if it's not you leave it well alone.

Looks very amateurish if you're in talks for so long and then can't agree terms.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Everyone,

If you're interested...

I've just finished adding an Index to the bottom of the 2022 Transfer Summary Page that shows every single player that we've been linked with during Summer Transfer Windows going back to 2008.

Here's the link

Happy Fathers Day.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never understand why wages can be an issue when you're trying to buy a player.

Surely it's the first thing you ask, particularly in this case as we should know what Nunes would want and if it's realistic. If it is, you pursue it, if it's not you leave it well alone.

Looks very amateurish if you're in talks for so long and then can't agree terms.
You start with "wages" and end your post with "terms".
Two different entities

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well it certainly is interesting what they tell potential signings to convincing them to come

"Our ambition is to be selfsustainable through griowing the branch and a sell to buy policy:

While the above is certainly sensible financially, I can't see how it can convince ambitious quality players to come here.

We could then of course point to the vision of developing young players, then selling for profit to a bigger club, a bit like Jota. But for a player hoping to compete for trophies or at least aim for Europe, how attractive is that vision?

Hasn't Jota got a trophy or two now? And a couple of title runner-up medals? We could use the line :"We are a great stepping stone, come here for a couple of seasons then go off and win trophies at a big club". If Jota had stayed at Athletico, not sure he would be as good as he is now. Neves, too, has had his career develop far better with us than bench warming at a bigger club for a few seasons. Neto, RAN ... if you have the ability and are prepared to work, we aren't such a bad deal. Just don't mention Vitinha, Goncalves, Mir...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Exactly what I think. Surely due diligence has been done before putting in a big bid? Would be a bit daft if the bid has gone but miles apart when it comes to personal terms if that is the case.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool sign Calvin Ramsay from Aberdeen . £6.5 million
No faff , no fannying around , identified and purchased

No disrespect, but what would your post have been had we just announced we’ve signed Calvin Ramsay from Aberdeen for £6.5m?

Let me guess…. Who? Where’s the ambition? Off to Grasshoppers? Relegation looms?

D

Deleted member (smith)

Exactly what I think. Surely due diligence has been done before putting in a big bid? Would be a bit daft if the bid has gone but miles apart when it comes to personal terms if that is the case.

usually the agent will discuss both in tandem….but personal terms is a catch all for will he come and salary is only a part…the easy part. Think about being offered a new job in a country you and your spouse have never been to and don’t speak the language, and you don’t know your colleagues or the role you will play? Personal terms could be a real problem….no ASDA ? No orange chips ? They speak what? I have to play where? where do we live ?

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I take it you've never negotiated with anyone regarding hiring someone . Wages are obviously an incentive but reassurances about confidence in hiring that person if they are happy relocating, family and ect. are more pressing issues.

There will be feelers regarding wages but nothing concrete with wages will be set it is always the last thing negotiated

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
usually the agent will discuss both in tandem….but personal terms is a catch all for will he come and salary is only a part…the easy part. Think about being offered a new job in a country you and your spouse have never been to and don’t speak the language, and you don’t know your colleagues or the role you will play? Personal terms could be a real problem….no ASDA ? No orange chips ? They speak what? I have to play where? where do we live ?
Could be release clause related?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes agents are the same guys who look after Marquinhos.

That's not good lol
Perhaps why we didn't pursue that issue??? Although Marquinhos supposedly had two agencies representing him and we'd successfully dealt with one of them, so....

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll find out soon enough. Bruno wanted players in for pre-season but that isn't going to happen, certainly not in time for when players return for pre-season training. Our first of two pre-season games is 4 weeks this coming Wednesday so hopefully progress by then.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you consider what Romano has actually written then negotiations are ongoing. If Nunes had said "Wolves? **** off, I'm not joining them" presumably he would have reported that. It's terms being discussed which will cover all sorts, including things we wouldn't even consider on the mix.
We may well fail in this approach and perhaps it is a bit over ambitious but when we go for the Palhinas of the world we see plenty saying not good enough

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hasn't Jota got a trophy or two now? And a couple of title runner-up medals? We could use the line :"We are a great stepping stone, come here for a couple of seasons then go off and win trophies at a big club". If Jota had stayed at Athletico, not sure he would be as good as he is now. Neves, too, has had his career develop far better with us than bench warming at a bigger club for a few seasons. Neto, RAN ... if you have the ability and are prepared to work, we aren't such a bad deal. Just don't mention Vitinha, Goncalves, Mir...

I think you certainly havde a fair point with regards to Jota, Neves and Ait-Nouri. If Neto rediscover his preinjury form same case could certainly be made for him.

However as you also mention, quite a few young players have seen their development stall by joining Wolves.
It can also be argued that Silva would've been better of with another season or two in Portugal.

What could attract Nunes is, that unlike those that have failed, he'd be a guaranteed starter which of course would help him improve...and in the end get that bigger move.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take it you've never negotiated with anyone regarding hiring someone . Wages are obviously an incentive but reassurances about confidence in hiring that person if they are happy relocating, family and ect. are more pressing issues.

There will be feelers regarding wages but nothing concrete with wages will be set it is always the last thing negotiated
True, maybe he googled Wolverhampton and is having cold feet.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps why we didn't pursue that issue??? Although Marquinhos supposedly had two agencies representing him and we'd successfully dealt with one of them, so....

Indeed, and it was the one which we did the deal with, TFM, which represents Nunes, not the one which did the dirty on us. That might mean they feel somewhat obligated to help now since it would have been embarrassing for them.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

If you consider what Romano has actually written then negotiations are ongoing. If Nunes had said "Wolves? **** off, I'm not joining them" presumably he would have reported that. It's terms being discussed which will cover all sorts, including things we wouldn't even consider on the mix.
We may well fail in this approach and perhaps it is a bit over ambitious but when we go for the Palhinas of the world we see plenty saying not good enough
Personal terms is a whole raft of things. Does he want to come here? Does his family want to come here? How much wages per week? How long a contract?
When you live and work in a lovely sunny place like Portugal it certainly takes some persuasion to go to a rainy place to work, especially for 4 or 5 years.
We have plus's of course. Good club structure, plenty of Portuguese players and coaches. Negatives are no Europe yet, and the weather.
It also doesn't help that Mendes isn't his agent, but i'm sure he's helping negotiations.
It's a lot easier to convince players if you are one of the top 6 teams. Wolves have to work a lot harder, which is why it takes longer to negotiate signings. We just have to accept that, and accept that sometimes we just aren't a big enough draw as a club.
Lucky we have Mendes on our side to at least get to the table. Without him we are in the queue outside the club!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom