Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get Nunes and keep Neves then fantastic, but absolutely no way on earth I’m getting my hopes up on either of those things. On the flip side I’m also going to try and remain zen should there be no sign of incomings and Fulham announce they’ve got Palhinia in the coming days.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No criticising at all .. know the position there in told something and doesn't happen
So it would be better to just leave it and not bring it up?

Anyway think we will know either way next week with regards Nunes if he wants to come or not I'm assuming he will be back from his holiday then...

Hopefully we agree a fee soon and get Mendes and co to work their magic in selling the move to him...

Stourwolf

Reaction score
May be nothing to do with wages,perhaps he needs convincing to come here,also palyers mostly on holiday this week
At least it seems we are actually interested which i wasnt sure of before
Sounds like it.why would players be interested when even our chairman says we Carnt compete.lack of ambition biting us now.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance but what is happening regarding Trincao? We already have enough wasters in the forward line so don't need him IMHO.
Record pt says he is going to sporting lisbon for 13 million pounds when his loan with wolves expires on 30th june.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure nunes is asking whether neves is leaving or not. He will join a club that is about buy buy buy rather than sell to buy.

King Henry VIII

Groupie
Reaction score
Was not criticising at all .. believed he was told in good faith .. I NEVER have a go at anyone on the mix ..
Will if that's the case, I'm sorry for my over reaction.

The way it reads to me though, it clearly comes across as a passive aggressive dig (but that could just be my natural cynicism showing).

For the record, I appreciate any little sniff of a rumour that you, or anyone else, come here with. Transfer windows are the height of tedium without them, and I'm especially grouchy this close season as we should be enjoying a world cup right now if it hadn't been sold out to despots.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its interesting that we were able to sell the "Wolves project" to one of the most talented midfielders around when we were in the Championship, yet now being an established PL club, we seems to have a harder time convincing good players to come here.

And yes I totally get that Nunes is more established than Neves was. But so are we. We really should be in a much better position to negotiate.

I wonder what has changed?
You've answered your own question Neves at the time while he was a top talent wasn't getting the minutes for Porto (they were desperate to sell before a cut off because of FFP) he wanted game time and saw this move as a good one to do that as well as boost his profile which it has and more!

Nunes on the other hand is already an established first team player, international and a key player in a title winning season, he would have the right to feel his next move should be to a side who competes for major titles and on big money..

Guardiola singled him out for a reason when they played Sporting as he clearly a serious talent he would like to work with in the future imo...

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As wolves as it gets. It shows the fans we are trying to get the “big names” but will fall down as they won’t to accept a bag of orange crisps and half tonne of pork scratchings.

Villa got it right extreme window shoppers aye we!!
The Vile have a different sort of ownership, billionaires who are prepared to throw loads at the club not expecting anything back, lucky them...... we're being run as a business.

Does do your head in when we're linked to some ridiculous players and then end up signing nobody. Like Bullys special prize, Nunes is the speedboat being wheeled past us.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure nunes is asking whether neves is leaving or not. He will join a club that is about buy buy buy rather than sell to buy.
He’s a top player and capable of playing for bigger clubs than us, I dare say he’ll want a fair old whack and some reassurances about our plans/ambitions too? Understandable I think? He won’t be coming here thinking he’s going to win titles in all reality, but he might see us as a decent stepping stone to a City or Liverpool. I just can’t see this happening though tbh.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its interesting that we were able to sell the "Wolves project" to one of the most talented midfielders around when we were in the Championship, yet now being an established PL club, we seems to have a harder time convincing good players to come here.

And yes I totally get that Nunes is more established than Neves was. But so are we. We really should be in a much better position to negotiate.

I wonder what has changed?
The project is over and the club is just settling for PL survival and player trading. The ambition has evaporated.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Will if that's the case, I'm sorry for my over reaction.

The way it reads to me though, it clearly comes across as a passive aggressive dig (but that could just be my natural cynicism showing).

For the record, I appreciate any little sniff of a rumour that you, or anyone else, come here with. Transfer windows are the height of tedium without them, and I'm especially grouchy this close season as we should be enjoying a world cup right now if it hadn't been sold out to despots.
No problem .. but I would never critcise anyone on the mix .. thanks

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like it.why would players be interested when even our chairman says we Carnt compete.lack of ambition biting us now.
I dont think its that at all
People assume that just because we make an offer that its easy to bring players in
It really isnt,especially if they are players that have never been to this country let alone played here
Its a huge move to uproot yourself and your family from your country of birth to venture to the unknown
Some players are more confident than others but they are all human with questions and doubts im sure

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positive news on Nunes, positive news on Neves this window is getting promising.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Vile have a different sort of ownership, billionaires who are prepared to throw loads at the club not expecting anything back, lucky them...... we're being run as a business.

Does do your head in when we're linked to some ridiculous players and then end up signing nobody. Like Bullys special prize, Nunes is the speedboat being wheeled past us.
Can’t wait to see who the Teasmade is.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think RAN is going to be an incredible player, would be a blow to see him leave

But it’s a balance to weigh that up against Neves staying, and us having the funds to then buy Nunes and Palhinha

A RAN sale for £45M leading to a midfield 3 of Neves, Nunes & Palhinha, with Semedo and Jonny first pick wing back (with Bolla and Bueno back up) is worth a second thought
Agree with all of that mate. Rayan is going to be brilliant but we have to do things like this to move forward quicker I guess.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Also let's see how long it lasts. They won't keep fronting up 100m a season if they keep finishing mid to low end. Lucky they had a hot asset to sell

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think its that at all
People assume that just because we make an offer that its easy to bring players in
It really isnt,especially if they are players that have never been to this country let alone played here
Its a huge move to uproot yourself and your family from your country of birth to venture to the unknown
Some players are more confident than others but they are all human with questions and doubts im sure
Fairly certain that both Boly and Jota needed convincing. I can see Nunes point of view. He’s not going to join us and find out he’s playing alongside Malcolm from the Dog and Duck who hasn’t signed yet because he’s partying it up in Ibiza and will need more than just a COVID test when he signs.

If Neves and Moutinho stay or Palhinha signs and one of of Neves and Mouts stay then he may well sign. A conversation with Bruno may also help as how he wants to play.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet barcelona tried to rip us off with a 4.5 million loan fee and 27 million final fee.

This is a concern for me - that is the nature of our relationship with Barca.

You can add in the bonkers Adama deal and crazy price for Semedo.

Where is the upside for us? It just seems incredibly naive on our part. I would expect - via the normal rules of Jorge - that we would get a Nico Gonzalez,for example, for a good price, but it doesn't happen.

I think Mendes has played Shi for the last 2-3 years.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
**** off mate. Haven't you recently been complaining about the grief you have been getting from some people in here when you've posted info you have heard?

So we're supposed to believe you when you come here with vague titbits and no actual evidence, and look past it when they don't come to pass. But you get to take jabs at other people when they do the same?

Spot on. No need for it.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know how to post tweets or Facebook stuff but Romano saying we are struggling to agree personal terms with Nunes.

If you want the best, you have to pay, otherwise shop in a cheaper place.
Depends on what he wants and if we try and lowball him.

Reactions: Ned

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the difference is that Citroens never turn into Rolls, no matter how well you maintain them. The sell to buy model is based on finding a player who is better than he is currently rated, or one who you can develop into better. The car analogy doesn't work.
I get your point and perhaps my example wasn’t the best analogy. What I was getting at, is that if we sold Neves or RAN for example, we need to buy ready to go starting 11 players don’t we?

We can’t be buying 2 or 3 with that money and hope they come good in 18 months, can we? That would seem an extremely risky strategy.

As you say, the only way is to buy 2 that are underrated for the same money but how is easy is that?

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not good enough for us though, apparently.
Not sure he’s not good enough, not fit enough though.

PSG can afford for him to only play 20 games a season as part of their squad, for the outlay required we need him to be starting pretty much every week.

Shame as he’s got all the attributes to be perfect for what we need.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much preferred the original Porto relationship of take all our best young players for nothing.

Maybe we all take turns in doing the ****ing, Then we have to unbuckle our trousers, bend over and take one for group.

Yep, maybe you're right and we can sit back and watch the Jorge extravanganza roll into Wolverhampton again this Summer!

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah, but after missing out on Moore, we lack that aerial prowess…
You can spin it whatever way you like. I'm washing my hands with the board. If we keep Neves it will at least be a bit of a softner.

Last edited:

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well at least we are trying and looks like we have money to spend
In fairness we could have said that last summer when we went after a big CM/CB signing in Botman, Sanches/Kamara and produced none of them. We were told then that money was available no issue and since then we’ve spent £13 million on Hwang, an average at best winger/forward whilst dampening expectations around big spending. I feel a little bit confused about what we’ll do tbh - wouldn’t be shocked if this window ended up being amazing or utterly terrible tbh. May as well stay chilled

Last edited:

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the last 3 seasons with us (league only)

Adama 7 goals 12 assists
Pod 6 goals 6 assists

(Pods first season was only half a season, Adamas last was half a season so 2.5 seasons each, stats from transfermarkt)
Pod's problem is he tries to the 1 in 100 thing all the time. When it comes off it's great he looks like a genius but you have to ignore all the times it doesn't and there was a better option. A real Kinkladze.
There are times he has been through on goal for him only to wait for the defender to get back to him so he can beat him again. There have been numerous attempts at chipping the keeper when he has been on the line. He's a luxury player that hasn't delivered so far for me. Certainly not an improvement on Jota.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What have I missed? Seriously?
For what it’s worth there are rumours on Twitter that no one has put in a reasonable offer for Neves and that he’s open to the idea of extending his contract. Talk of £4m per annum after tax.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Regarding Nunes we are probably being used to flush out a real bidder, Let’s just get to lidl/Aldi rather than trying to shop in Waitrose with limited funds with the budget we have. Nothing wrong with that at all, so let’s just aim for the best youngsters we can get for our budget.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool sign Calvin Ramsay from Aberdeen . £6.5 million
No faff , no fannying around , identified and purchased
You are aware this transfer has been going on for a while now yeah? They have had a couple of bids rejected previously so hardly "no faff" I wouldn't be using this transfer for the point you are trying to make..

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom