Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So it seems that there's a chance that nobody is willing to pay our asking price for Neves. It's got me thinking if I'm mistaken about how good he is. In my eyes, he's easily worth his apparent asking price (around €50). If anything, it's a bargain. Why will clubs pay inflated prices for other players, but not ours? Surely they realise how good he is!?
Maybe because our top leaders have said we need to sell to buy? Kind of weakens our bargaining position I’d have thought?

Martin Riggs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
£30m for Coady & £25m for Dendoncker.

Laughable, in my opinion. I wish it wasn’t and those offers were tabled though!!

I think £30m for Coady would be a realistic value if the vast majority of clubs played with 3 centre defenders but sadly they don't, I can only think of Chelsea and Tottenham who play that formation and neither would want him. In a back 4, personally I don't even see him as Premier League quality, but as a current England international and someone who's a good leader and such a positive influence around a club, we may get £10m-£15m. I think he'd get found out very quickly though just like he was last season when Nuno tried a 4, he was very poor.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Of our current forwards Podence is the only one with that bit of unpredictability that unsettles defenders. Of our current players he should be one of the first names on the team sheet.
completely agree he’s the only one with unpredictability that does unsettle defenders, unfortunately though he’s also quite predictable in that he is injured quite a bit. A real tricky player though.

Last edited by a moderator:

CologneWolf

Reaction score
In the last 3 seasons with us (league only)

Adama 7 goals 12 assists
Pod 6 goals 6 assists

(Pods first season was only half a season, Adamas last was half a season so 2.5 seasons each, stats from transfermarkt)
Not sure that’s a fair representation of their respective contributions. i.e minutes/goals + assists ratio....I dont remember Traore having missed too many games due to injury and having to work his way back to fitness and match sharpness. Where as Podence up until this season had never really had a consistent run in the starting 11.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pod does have ability - but his end product is lower than Traore’s. Personally, I’d cash in and get someone with better goals/assists.
Hahahahaha

Have you ever watched wolves play?

Podence has much much much better end product than adama, if you think opposite I think football isn’t a sport you should be watching

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of our current forwards Podence is the only one with that bit of unpredictability that unsettles defenders. Of our current players he should be one of the first names on the team sheet.
This this and this!

We saw how hopeless we were without him in the side to create chances when he was our injured..

Probably our most underrated player for me...

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pretty shoddy considering they're our second most attacking players, behind Raul (and Jota while he was here). Thing is as good as Guedes and co are, would they have got any more in a Nuno style rigid defensive team?
We are massively defensive for sure - but Guedes and others can at least shoot, which those two can’t do particularly well.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’d say all of Neto, MGW and Chiquinho have unpredictability- Traore probably more unpredictable than anyone.

I quite like pod, and he absolutely was our most creative player at the back end of this season - but that’s a pretty low bar.

My biggest issue with him is that we need our front three to be goal threats (scoring or assisting) and he just isn’t - and Neto and MGW are, and in a position where we need to sell to buy, he seems an obvious sell.

Behind Hwang, obviously….

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but have you seen who their fans are? Nigel Havers, Hugh Grant, Daniel Radcliffe, Keith Chegwin, Des Lynham, Richard Osman, Diddie David Hamilton among other luvvies.

No wonder they are nice to each other. We've got Noddy Holder and half of Led Zepplin.
Noddy and Planty...both legends....Hugh grant and Diddy David ....2 absolute bellends.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Having read back today's thread, I am now convinced we are going to do the following madnesses.

1) Sign Neves to a new 5 year contract on £150k a week
2) Sign Nunes to replace Moutinho for €50m
3) Sign Pau Torres to replace Saiss for €50m
4) Keep both MGW and Podence

Any less and I will be joining the mob with pitchfork at the ready!

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it true Paulinha is gone to Fulham? Some **** up to let our primary target slip to a promoted side

dnf14

Reaction score
Is it true Paulinha is gone to Fulham? Some **** up to let our primary target slip to a promoted side
Unless Fulham have moved to the Maldives in the last 6 hours, I don't think so yet. For all the journalist spiel, he's still on his holidays.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’d say all of Neto, MGW and Chiquinho have unpredictability- Traore probably more unpredictable than anyone.

I quite like pod, and he absolutely was our most creative player at the back end of this season - but that’s a pretty low bar.

My biggest issue with him is that we need our front three to be goal threats (scoring or assisting) and he just isn’t - and Neto and MGW are, and in a position where we need to sell to buy, he seems an obvious sell.

Behind Hwang, obviously….
This is where I sit. I like Podence and he was our most creative player last season, but let's face it, we had hardly any forward creativity last season for long periods. He is injury prone and blows hot and cold, quite temperamental too. His biggest asset last season was at least trying to do something progressive. I'd prefer to keep him but if the right offer came in and we have targets that improve us, I'd probably take it.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having read back today's thread, I am now convinced we are going to do the following madnesses.

1) Sign Neves to a new 5 year contract on £150k a week
2) Sign Nunes to replace Moutinho for €50m
3) Sign Pau Torres to replace Saiss for €50m
4) Keep both MGW and Podence

Any less and I will be joining the mob with pitchfork at the ready!

Mate, if that happened, I’d support having statues of Jeff and Jorge smiling outside the Mol! :)

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In the last 3 seasons with us (league only)

Adama 7 goals 12 assists
Pod 6 goals 6 assists

(Pods first season was only half a season, Adamas last was half a season so 2.5 seasons each, stats from transfermarkt)
Adama has played approx. Three times as many minutes on the pitch. So Podence statistically looks the better player per minute.

W

WasStefan

No way would i sell MGW, we need a different attacking dynamic and competition/ cover for Podence and Neto; MGW provides that.
Sell Dendonker, Traore and fringe players like Sanderson, Giles, Ronan, Hoever etc. and see what £ that raises.
Disagree completely. MGW will never be a top player for us. Too much water under the bridge

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unsure he's our primary target. We don't disclose our targets. Maybe one of the players we've been most linked/rumoured with on social media and 14 year old wanna be journalists.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Like Pod, but I’d probably choose MGW if we had to lose one of them. Personally I’d probably sell Hwang ahead of both, but I don’t see that happening now.
Podence and MGW have both had injury issues. I think our paper thin squad could do with both in case of injury and loss of form.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bring back the days of an "absolute madness"
Did we ever do an "absolute madness" ?
I can't remember who that statement was referring to.
It was a tweet saying that wolves were “hoping to do a madness in the transfer window” when we got promoted.

I would have classed it as a momentary loss of touch with reality myself but perhaps I’m hard to please.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Explains why Palhinha is no longer needed maybe?!

Keep Neves, sell Ait Nouri!
Well we are keeping Neves, as I keep reminding the mix.

It’s not a bad shout to sell RAN but don’t think he will go for that much this summer. His value will only go up barring an injury ravaged season or something equally unfortunate. So I’d prefer to sell him next year. Also don’t quite remember what the sell on clause we will owe Angers is.

But also if that’s where the club needs to get the coin from to re-jig the midfield and add a quality CB and another attacker then I would not be unhappy if that is the case.

Sell Neves next summer and then the ball will have well and truly started rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom