Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Have no knowledge on Nunes transfer .. cannot see we will spend £50 m on one player .. can say we have not had a single offer for Neves .. just an aside on Vitinha Wolves never bid for him because he told Wolves he would not sign for them and that is a fact ..
While I believe you on this he himself said he expected to sign and play more the following season in an interview didn't he? Strange comments to make.if he told the club he wouldn't sign

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On Nunes . posted earlier that could not see us spending £50m on a player .. but have read back on a Jeff article and he did say that if the right deal arrives for the right player we would find the money .. Nunes fits that criteria 2 good seasons and will be worth £100m .. just hoping I guess
Somebody posted friday that there would be a signing in next 48 hours supposedly from someone in Commercial office had dropped it out
We have in the past revealed signings at 10am on Sundays .. guess again grabbing at straws
Sellars also said this during his Ask Wolves video. That if he needed money he'd ask the chairman and if needed the ownership would look at options.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He was absolutely brilliant against Scotland and was playing one two’s to himself as if the ball was stuck to his feet.

We nearly signed him at the same time we signed Donk but he turned us down. Maybe that could be against us signing him this time around.

Would be great for us Tring, but can’t see it happening.

At the time he was being signed as a Left back. Might make a difference if he's promised a midfield spot.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We ain’t signing Nunez and Neves will leave later in the window IMO

Who we bring in is anyones guess and as previous windows have proved it will be another missed opportunity, however saying that I still feel Fulham are being used to hurry us into signing Paulinho
We certainly aren't signing Nunez. I certainly hope that we are signing Nunes!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sellars also said this during his Ask Wolves video. That if he needed money he'd ask the chairman and if needed the ownership would look at options.

so did matt wild. said they didn't want to or need to, but could if they wanted to

i wonder if nunes does tick some boxes as an exceptional case where the purse strings might be loosened given his value would surely only increase once in prem

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sanderson 4 million
Campana 3 million
Cutrone 2 mollion
Ronan 1 million
We could use this money to raid a midfielder from france where the players are cheaper. However, the recruitment isn't that good at wolves.
Back to the Mick days of buying any old crap because they are cheap? I sincerely hope not!

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Donk, Pod, Traore, Hwang - and I’d take any good offers for Coady and Raul if we get them…
I'd be sad to see Coady go, but would understand the reason too. The one from your list I'd like to stay would be Podence. Whilst his diving is annoying, he has a lot of ability and is creative. I hope Hwang goes and Raul gets a good club to sign for, if we get nunes and a central defender and a new striker, happy days.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair you can’t blame the lad for wanting to stay at City and fight for his place and it worked out pretty well for him.
It did indeed, and I don’t. In fact I used him as an example for MGW coming back to fight for his place, rather than expecting he would be first choice.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd be sad to see Coady go, but would understand the reason too. The one from your list I'd like to stay would be Podence. Whilst his diving is annoying, he has a lot of ability and is creative. I hope Hwang goes and Raul gets a good club to sign for, if we get nunes and a central defender and a new striker, happy days.
Pod does have ability - but his end product is lower than Traore’s. Personally, I’d cash in and get someone with better goals/assists.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Struggling to comprehend on what planet Kalvin Phillips is deemed good enough for City. I struggle to comprehend how he’s even a premier league footballer. What do I know I guess.

Hes an okay player but just an okay player from what I've saw but not as good as any of the city midfielders I think Zinchenko would be far better for city in midfield than Phillips and he's there 6th/7th choice midfielder.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you are suggesting to sell those nine players you listed, including a current England International for £15m, in addition to losing Ruddy, Saiss, and Marcel from the match day squad.

So in effect we are a dozen players down from the squad and you recommend adding only four players - even though we have to handle five subs.

I don't like posts that criticise other posters views. We all see things differently, but how do you think your suggestion would move the club forward?
It gives him a new reason to moan about the size of the squad though....

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be that clubs who can pay that and that Neves would want to go to, already have players as good as Neves in his position.
Well Man Utd certainly don't. He'd easily walk into their team. I guess he's not a high enough priority for them, but that's still strange to me.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not wrong and you aren’t right / wrong

They are opinions . So stop being a patronising **** and show some respect on here
Your last para shows how much respect that you deserve. You earn respect, you don't automatically deserve it and frankly you haven't earnt anything.

You consistently disparage the views of other posters while expecting respect for the utter *******s that you post yourself.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well not really chicken feed. Think the average first team wage at Spurs is around the 100k mark, with only a few like Kane on more than 150k. Their club income is more than twice ours, so they can afford it better than we can.
.... and they are notorious low payers at top six level which is why they struggle to get and retain key players.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well Man Utd certainly don't. He'd easily walk into their team. I guess he's not a high enough priority for them, but that's still strange to me.
Think de Jong is still their number 1 choice

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Respect is earned. Stop your constant bloody moaning and stop ruining this place for the rest of us.
Bit over the top mate, just stick him on ignore if he winds you up, used to think the same but think he makes some valid points.
Reason we all love football is the passion it creates, which means you always get extremes of opinions, each to their own.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady isnt worth much more than £15m to any other side. Dendoncker maybe £20m. Traore £10m.

We should sell Traore and MGW for ~£25m, neither have been here for the majority of last season so no loss to current playing squad. Nunes at even £40m amortized over 5 year deal is *only* £8m a season. The £25m would basically pay for him being here for 3 years, then sell him on for profit.

Also the sales of Traore and MGW frees up £80k/pw in the process to pay Nunes salary.

I’m sure it’ll be that easy :D
No way would i sell MGW, we need a different attacking dynamic and competition/ cover for Podence and Neto; MGW provides that.
Sell Dendonker, Traore and fringe players like Sanderson, Giles, Ronan, Hoever etc. and see what £ that raises.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit over the top mate, just stick him on ignore if he winds you up, used to think the same but think he makes some valid points.
Reason we all love football is the passion it creates, which means you always get extremes of opinions, each to their own.
Perhaps it is mate, but sometimes it doesn’t hurt to share your feelings.
It’s constant negativity. He’d win a million and complain it wasn’t more.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like Pod, but I’d probably choose MGW if we had to lose one of them. Personally I’d probably sell Hwang ahead of both, but I don’t see that happening now.
You would be gambling on proven versus potential in that scenario. You would likely get a higher price for the former than the latter which reflects the risk. Based on last season's performances, and with the caveat it was his first season in a new more physical league, l agree with your comments on Hwang if one was to be sold.

Last edited:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Respect is earned. Stop your constant bloody moaning and stop ruining this place for the rest of us.
Brilliant this. Stop having different views to me and posting them on a forum :D :D

Also mad that this was prompted by valuing Coady at £15m, Dendoncker at £15m and Traore at £20m. All pretty fair guesses, maybe a bit generous with Traore because of his contract but even then there have been reports that he would go for £20m to Leeds and a similar price was mentioned with Barcelona.

So you've singled him out for criticism for a post that's hardly ridiculous by any means.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Brilliant this. Stop having different views to me and posting them on a forum :D :D

Also mad that this was prompted by valuing Coady at £15m, Dendoncker at £15m and Traore at £20m. All pretty fair guesses, maybe a bit generous with Traore because of his contract but even then there have been reports that he would go for £20m to Leeds and a similar price was mentioned with Barcelona.

So you've singled him out for criticism for a post that's hardly ridiculous by any means.
Here we go... @North West Wanderer vs @WeAreTheWolvesII... The Rematch

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps it is mate, but sometimes it doesn’t hurt to share your feelings.
It’s constant negativity. He’d win a million and complain it wasn’t more.
You are also allowed to be annoyed at people for that same reason. I don't get this rationale that you can't call people out for being miseries - you'd think after the last couple of years outside of football people would have gained some ****ing perspective

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Stop being a pessimistic, negative poster which makes this place less of a forum and more like the nursery where spoilt fans go when they don’t like it. More more more!

Coady is a full England international, club captain and of country on occasion too.
Widely regarded as a Brillaint clubman and hugely improved in recent years, with 3 years left on his deal. Transfer market value £22.5m and I’d wager we wouldn’t sell unless over £30m such is his worth.

Dendonker is a full Belgian international and regular player. Very versatile and solid rather than spectacular. Jack of a lot of trades master of none, but a competent footballer. 2 years left on his deal £25.2m on
Transfer market value

Traore is a maverick at best, an inconsistent, frustrating bodybuilder at worst. Capable of winning games on his own, and costing us games too. Output last year was woeful and I’d wager he’s getting noise in his ear about what he can get elsewhere. One year left on his deal following a poor season and failed loan. £18m on transfermkt.

They are ridiculous In my view, constant hating against players who don’t deserve it and love of players equally undeserving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom