Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa could offer a better contract than we could
They maybe could doesn't mean he would want to go there....

His next move will be a big one no way would he agree to leave Wolves just to stay at a midtable club when he can just stay here with the agreement if the right offer and club comes in for him he can move on which wouldn't happen if he signed for Villa...

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may be a bit naive but doubt Neves is that interested in the big money, he's going to want to go somewhere he can push for winning one the big leagues and play CL football surely?

Mostly I would think your right but I would also add in family stability which is important to most men with kiddies.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Mostly I would think your right but I would also add in family stability which is important to most men with kiddies.
This 100%. Family first, career second, money third. Never underestimate the power of the wife and family.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly, he and his family could stay exactly where he is now, get more money, probably play in a team that would allow him to shine more, negotiate a release clause so he can still go if a big team comes in for him.

Why wouldnt he?

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Neves wants to win things he’ll want to go to Barca or United.
Barca ... Maybe. But Real and Atletico look stronger teams, I think the Barca bubble may have popped for Real domination for a good few years.

United may get a cup here or there ... But we could get a cup here or there too. Liverpool may drop off as stars leave, but City are dominating English football for 10 years+, like Fergie did with United. They may come good under Ten Hag, but it'll take three years minimum, and by then Newcastle will be spunking their money around too.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Exactly, he and his family could stay exactly where he is now, get more money, probably play in a team that would allow him to shine more, negotiate a release clause so he can still go if a big team comes in for him.

Why wouldnt he?
Dead right. He's loved here, 100% starts every game, big money per week, and him and the family are settled. As you say put a release clause in and it would be a no brainer to stay. Buy Nunes and there's a chance of Euro qualifying next season.
Dreaming is for free!

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Why wouldnt he?
Unfortunately I agree, as playing in a team that plays on the front foot would allow him to really show his best attributes.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Why wouldnt he?
Villa aren't going to spend 50m on a player then put a release clause in his contract for other clubs to buy him just wouldn't happen... Plus how much would the release clause be?

Also team that allows him to shine more? They finished below us last season and haven't done anything of note since they came back up apart from spend **** loads of money...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Neves wants to win things he’ll want to go to Barca or United.
United not winning a trophy in the next 5 years is a bet I would very happily make for a few quid…..

They are not winning the league for at least 10 years as they are years behind Liverpool and city.

With the cups they are no more likely win them than we are…..

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mdboro in talks to sign Ryan Giles, on loan, according to reports on twitter. I thought he would be competition for RAN now Marcal has gone.
Jonny and Bueno?
Sign nunes - 45m
Keep neves - and make him captain
Sign a quality CB - 20m
Sign an experienced CB - 5m
Sign a proper CDM - 10m

Sell coady - 15m
Sell traore - 20m
Sell hoever - 7m
Sell dendoncker - 15m
Sell hwang - 10m
Sell sanderson - 3m
Sell Ronan - 3m
Sell cutrone - 3m
Sell campana - 3m

Move to 4 3 3 and take the next step

Sell nunes next summer for 80 million
You value an England international CB and a Belgian international at £15m a piece, yet Traore at £20m?

Also it’s not Football manager.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may be a bit naive but doubt Neves is that interested in the big money, he's going to want to go somewhere he can push for winning one the big leagues and play CL football surely?
Nunes might be what persuades him

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They
Villa aren't going to spend 50m on a player then put a release clause in his contract for other clubs to buy him just wouldn't happen... Plus how much would the release clause be?

Also team that allows him to shine more? They finished below us last season and haven't done anything of note since they came back up apart from spend **** loads of money...
and any club would if it allowed them to get that player who makes the difference and gets them into Europe and opens up a “working relationship” between them and a club who have/produce quality players.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Why wouldnt he?
Again I'm probably being naive but I think he'd rather stay here than go to Villa for a few quid more, he's settled and happy here, he has as much chance of shining here as at Villa.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Just because a team finishes lower doesn’t mean it won’t allow a player to shine more.

If a goal scorer played for a team that’s scores more or creates more chances he gets the opportunity to shine more, Doesn’t mean that they would finish higher just that they get to show their attacking attributes more.

If a creative player spends more time near the opposition box rather than his own he will create more, still doesn’t mean a team will finish higher or lower.

Last edited by a moderator:

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dead right. He's loved here, 100% starts every game, big money per week, and him and the family are settled. As you say put a release clause in and it would be a no brainer to stay. Buy Nunes and there's a chance of Euro qualifying next season.
Dreaming is for free!
Heard Jota still really misses the club and area and he's banking the major trophies left right and centre!

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sign nunes - 45m
Sign a quality CB - 20m
Sign a proper CDM - 10m

Sell coady - 15m
Sell traore - 20m
Sell hoever - 7m
Sell dendoncker - 15m
Sell hwang - 10m
Sell sanderson - 3m
Sell Ronan - 3m
Sell cutrone - 3m
Sell campana - 3m

So you are suggesting to sell those nine players you listed, including a current England International for £15m, in addition to losing Ruddy, Saiss, and Marcel from the match day squad.

So in effect we are a dozen players down from the squad and you recommend adding only four players - even though we have to handle five subs.

I don't like posts that criticise other posters views. We all see things differently, but how do you think your suggestion would move the club forward?

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What finances the rest of the build if he stays?
Maybe it won't be so much a rebuild, more like a small repair job. The same starting XI, with Seferovic, Cundle and Bueno to provide options off the bench.

Come September we might sell Gibbs-white, Traore and even Neves but for less than we had hoped. But by then our original targets will have moved on.

Still, we have some good youngsters, and there are plenty of decent players out there at affordable prices.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sign nunes - 45m
Sign a quality CB - 20m
Sign a proper CDM - 10m

Sell coady - 15m
Sell traore - 20m
Sell hoever - 7m
Sell dendoncker - 15m
Sell hwang - 10m
Sell sanderson - 3m
Sell Ronan - 3m
Sell cutrone - 3m
Sell campana - 3m

So that's how easy it is!

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Yep. Champions League or title contenders. Anything less than that he’s at a club he likes with a good contract on the table.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Its not 100% Ruben leaves. He loves the club and is very settled. If a move comes in that moves his career forward and works for the club he will go, if not he will stay.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I suppose that, if you dont have the offer you take the cash on offer. It does seem as though he is viewed as everyones back up at the moment.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sign nunes - 45m
Sign a quality CB - 20m
Sign a proper CDM - 10m

Sell coady - 15m
Sell traore - 20m
Sell hoever - 7m
Sell dendoncker - 15m
Sell hwang - 10m
Sell sanderson - 3m
Sell Ronan - 3m
Sell cutrone - 3m
Sell campana - 3m

Some of your proposed sale prices look wildly optimistic to me. Ronan will probably go to a Scottish team and prices there do not reach the million mark unless it is the Old Firm buying "experience". I think we will snatch the hands off anyone (C'mon Leeds!) Who is still prepared to offer 20m for Adama. Cutrone is only worth 3m in Fantasy Football ...need I go on?

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Its not 100% Ruben leaves. He loves the club and is very settled. If a move comes in that moves his career forward and works for the club he will go, if not he will stay.
Also, he isn't going to Villa under any circumstances.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of your proposed sale prices look wildly optimistic to me. Ronan will probably go to a Scottish team and prices there do not reach the million mark unless it is the Old Firm buying "experience". I think we will snatch the hands off anyone (C'mon Leeds!) Who is still prepared to offer 20m for Adama. Cutrone is only worth 3m in Fantasy Football ...need I go on?

Wouldn’t surprise me to see a championship club take a punt on Ronan

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't forget agents fees. Those gold plated swimming pools don't pay for themselves you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom