Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Sellars is just using Adama not signing a contract to say he doesn’t want to be here.

I was laughed at the other week for suggesting it but I would love Adama to stay. A player that offers genuine excitement and could still do well. I appreciate others will drive him to Leeds, where no doubt he would embarrass us in the opening game but I like him and think there is a bit of a lack of respect for him from some on here.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem was he was never that 50-60m player. He had a purple patch in terms of assists one winter but that was about it. Perhaps bad advice is what it is but if he had an end product he would never have left Barcelona let alone be given them as a freebie on loan from Wolves.

I agree I don't think he was that player either it was definitely a purple patch ala Dean Sturridge in the 01-02 season IMO

He clearly has ability but if he was that player he would still not be here TBH

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd love to see what Adama has to say about this and not just rely on spiel from Sellars. Adama had a chance to try and make a go of it at Barcelona, a huge club and his boyhood club and you cant blame him for wanting a go at this. What I would like to know is was there ever any chance after he left that if things didnt work out he would want to come back here and sign a new deal.
Would love to know Adama's views on this rather than Sellars.

I think Sellars is just using Adama not signing a contract to say he doesn’t want to be here.

I'm just saying that this is out there in the public domain and was said by somebody at the club. Whether you like him or not he's not likely to lie in public when it could easily be shot down.

Dress it up to make yourselves feel better by making assumptions if you wish.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm just saying that this is out there in the public domain and was said by somebody at the club. Whether you like him or not he's not likely to lie in public when it could easily be shot down.

Dress it up to make yourselves feel better by making assumptions if you wish.

Sellars

Not dressing anything up. Would love to hear what the player himself has to say about his situation.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t really get why Adama would want to go to Leeds. He stalled on signing a new contract with us, who have regularly finished in the top 10 in recent seasons. He turned down a move to Spurs to try his luck at Barcelona. Leeds aren’t massive payers, so not like he’d get a shed load more cash there. It’s a really odd move for him. Great price for us though if it’s true.
I do wonder if a big factor in this is that Lage just doesn’t fancy him as a player?

Also lots of people saying it’s a great price for us (which I kinda agree with given his contract situation), however I think it would also be a fantastic bit of business for Leeds.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
:mad: Its bin great here in Wolverhampton all wik.I supposed to be having friends and family round for drinks for my birthday,but it's forecast rain.:rolleyes:****ing typical ay it.
At times you deliberately behave like a curmudgeonly old git for effect, lol. However, you wear your love for Wolves on your sleeve and that makes up for a whole lot.

Happy birthday sir, may you see many more seasons at the golden palace!

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't get all the angst on here. Yes, we're all waiting for news of incomings. But we tend to see them ALL in the light of being the new Messiah, the player to lead us to the promised land. We have a blinkered view which omits recall of all the poor signings we have seen over the years. We all know the worst ones, Taylor, Frankowski, Silas etc etc, but even under Fosun there have been some poor buys - Miranda, Cutrone, Willian José. So lets all calm down a little and wait and see what July and August bring, then settle down to analysing just how useful player X, Y or Z might be. Like all investments, past performance is no guarantee...

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love to see what Adama has to say about this and not just rely on spiel from Sellars. Adama had a chance to try and make a go of it at Barcelona, a huge club and his boyhood club and you cant blame him for wanting a go at this. What I would like to know is was there ever any chance after he left that if things didnt work out he would want to come back here and sign a new deal.
Would love to know Adama's views on this rather than Sellars.
Too right, if Sellars stated categoically there was going to be a heatwave I'd reach for an umbrella.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

If we had spent 20 million on him last year the Mix would've had a meltdown,

He had one good game for us against the albion,

Fair play to him though but I don't see how many "saw his ability" based on a handful of appearances most of which were sub par performances.

Maybe it was Nunos fault for not playing him more regularly.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fair play to him though but I don't see how many "saw his ability" based on a handful of appearances most of which were sub par performances.

And sticking him on the wing when he did play him, even though he was a deep lying playmaker.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I quite like Adama, but effectively a swap for Guedes is bonkers. In a good way. His time here has gone.

I think he could do alright at Leeds.
He was **** with Barcelona in a far weaker league and some world class players.

He will have the same issues he had with us at Leeds.

Even after his failure of a loan spell why do people still think he is some world beater or decent player?

He has some nice tricks and can beat a man but the rest of his game is lacking majorly and he isn’t worth a fraction of what he believes he is in terms of salary.

MontyR

Reaction score

I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t judge a player based on how they play for us, and instead judge them based on how they play for the national team. Vitinha ran the show for Portugal-u21 last year when playing in his natural position.

We could have prime Messi here and still make him look like Feb-2021 Willian Jose.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Adama is a good man but it seems he is getting some bad advice from someone which is a shame as things are just not working for him ATM.

Going from being talked about as a £50-60M+ player going to a mega club 12-18 months ago to being linked with Leeds at a fraction of the price is come down.

TBH I think he just has to accept that this is his ceiling he is 26 years old not some young up and comer
Well... he was a one trick pony that literally no one could handle for about 6-7 months. As soon as they started to put two man defending on their left side(one covering the inside track, the other one the outside track), he more or less run out of ideas.
He would need to play more centrally, running with the ball from our own half, thus having more options going left or right towards their goal.
But then again we would be wide open to counterattacks down the center of the pitch when he loses the ball to the opposition...

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

While I have always rated Vitinha I never thought he would have teams such as PSG looking to buy him, I can only guess what the people at Wolves that decided against buying him are thinking now? and to think he arrived at Wolves within days of us signing someone else from Porto that someone has still to justify the fee, you win some you lose some I can only hope both are winners otherwise some people at Wolves are going to end up with egg all over there faces, it could also be said we prefered Trincao to Vitinha something else which hasnt turned out exactly positive.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes is having a hell of a window already and we’ve had no part in it yet.

Nunez, Viera and now Vitinha look like they’re done. Neves, Palhinha, Nunes, Guedes and probably a few others still to be moved around.

Whatever you think of super agents in general, he’s surely the best at playing out the window and putting the right pieces in the right places at the right time to maximise his effectiveness.

Others might squeeze more money out of individual transfers but he just runs the window and seems to have everything laid out perfectly to have a superb summer every few years.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

i thought he was good and felt we should have signed him. the porto fans thought he was their best young player when we signed him. who knows if he will do well but we have a few "ones that got away" building now.

Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom