Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it’s not. It wasn’t my view either until the last year, when it became clear that he was more interested in the money than playing for Wolves. I am tired of making excuses for him. He thinks he’s bigger than us, then good luck to him. I won’t be cheering him on his return.
I don’t see any evidence of that but that he wanted to move to a bigger club as would all our players given the chance and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t get the hatred towards Adama.

Lovely guy, one of the few players that when he had the ball you were excited enough to get up out of your seat in the expectation he would do something amazing. Would be very happy if he signed a new deal and stayed with us.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lovely guy, one of the few players that when he had the ball you were excited enough to get up out of your seat in the expectation he would do something amazing. Would be very happy if he signed a new deal and stayed with us.
Me too. Even though his end product is lacking, it's fun watching him. wish him success but Leeds would be quite the come down

T-dot-wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Fun player the first few times he ran with the ball. But when you know he'll take 4-5 touches too many, every single time, it grows tired.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

He does seem like a lovely fella but key word i think on your post was expectation. It was only on the very rare occasion that expectation led to something productive.

And, as some have said, he didnt want to be here. I'm not having the 'highest earner' crap as that is all rumours but its a stated fact from within the club that he doesn't want to stay. So bye bye, thanks for your efforts.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

The totally impartial WhoScored ratings had Adama as our 2nd best player last season.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t see any evidence of that but that he wanted to move to a bigger club as would all our players given the chance and there’s nothing wrong with that.

He was offered a contract extension and more pay 2 years ago, and again multiple times since. How much more evidence do you want?

Unfortunately his refusal to sign an extension has cost us a lot of potential money that could have been reinvested.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Adama. It’s not working out for him, ( at least not yet).
By all accounts he’s a great bloke and I’d love to see him be happy somewhere and regain some of the form he had in his second season with us.
I wonder if Wolves want him anymore even on the same wages he’s been getting.

I must admit that I said several times in January that the loan to Barca was just to satisfy the financial restrictions but the loan would be a permanent move once the season ended. Guess I read the signs wrong.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He’s refused to sign one for 2 years. How long do you want to keep trying? Until he walks on a free next summer? He ain’t signing, time to get over it.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seen a report saying we’ve agreed a contract with Nunes and now we just need to sort out a fee with Sporting. Maybe I’m being a bit thick but surely you can’t sort out a contract with a player until his team have accepted an offer?

If the selling club give permission to talk to the player once both clubs see a deal in sight, then the buying club can talk to the player(representatives) on terms. But they can only be agreed in principle. No contract can be signed until the clubs have agreed terms.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen a report saying we’ve agreed a contract with Nunes and now we just need to sort out a fee with Sporting. Maybe I’m being a bit thick but surely you can’t sort out a contract with a player until his team have accepted an offer?
I’d guess that if the other club allowed you to have a discussion with their player then negotiations could proceed on two fronts: with club and with player

Know what you mean though, it sounds back to front!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He
He spent 2 years refusing to sign a contract as he wished to be our highest paid player. Good enough for me, I agree with Sussex.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the selling club give permission to talk to the player once both clubs see a deal in sight, then the buying club can talk to the player(representatives) on terms. But they can only be agreed in principle. No contract can be signed until the clubs have agreed terms.
Cheers, that’s a more elegant and informed version of my total guess :)

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d guess that if the other club allowed you to have a discussion with their player then negotiations could proceed on two fronts: with club and with player

Know what you mean though, it sounds back to front!
As back to front as the media saying that Barcelona are going to sell Adama.

Who is selling him (if at all)?

Last edited:

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair Helda Costa was probably better for us than Adama lets hope the same is true for Leeds.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He

He spent 2 years refusing to sign a contract as he wished to be our highest paid player. Good enough for me, I agree with Sussex.
Did he though? He desperately wanted to go back to Barcelona and don't think he made a secret of that. Assuming that to be correct then that was his choice and not necessarily anything against Wolves.
Now that Barcelona don't want him maybe he has realised that he's not as good as maybe he thinks he is and will have to revisit his options.
If he now signs a new contract at Wolves then I certainly won't complain and don't think he'd have anything to be embarrassed about.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did he though? He desperately wanted to go back to Barcelona and don't think he made a secret of that. Assuming that to be correct then that was his choice and not necessarily anything against Wolves.
Now that Barcelona don't want him maybe he has realised that he's not as good as maybe he thinks he is and will have to revisit his options.
If he now signs a new contract at Wolves then I certainly won't complain and don't think he'd have anything to be embarrassed about.

That would be fair if he hadn’t started to refuse to sign a contract 2 years ago. The reports of discussions have been going on that long, and more than a year before the option of Barca emerged. Nice guy I’m sure he is, but loyal or committed to Wolves, he is not.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would be fair if he hadn’t started to refuse to sign a contract 2 years ago. The reports of discussions have been going on that long, and more than a year before the option of Barca emerged. Nice guy I’m sure he is, but loyal or committed to Wolves, he is not.
I think the days of loyal players are long gone with the odd exception.

Why would he sign a new contract 2 years ago if his current one still had 3 years left? Surely he simply wanted to keep his options open.

You could also argue that if he was simply chasing the £££'s then he would have signed his new contract as he has effectively lost out on two years worth of any increase that a new contract would have given him.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the Palinha deal, hasn't always been said that he's the Neves replacement?

If we don't sign him, maybe Neves stays & we can get someone like Nunes?

Probably just wishful thinking instead of us buggering it up.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the days of loyal players are long gone with the odd exception.

Why would he sign a new contract 2 years ago if his current one still had 3 years left? Surely he simply wanted to keep his options open.

You could also argue that if he was simply chasing the £££'s then he would have signed his new contract as he has effectively lost out on two years worth of any increase that a new contract would have given him.

Great so he screwed himself and Wolves! A smarter approach would have been to sign an extension but with a gentleman’s agreement he can move if a fee above x comes in.

Wolves have been extending contracts on higher salaries for all the senior squad since we got promoted. It’s part of the salary strategy. For some reason Traore didn’t go along with it, and as a result, both he and we are the poorer for it. I’m not sure I’m going to pat him on the back for that.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great so he screwed himself and Wolves! A smarter approach would have been to sign an extension but with a gentleman’s agreement he can move if a fee above x comes in.

Wolves have been extending contracts on higher salaries for all the senior squad since we got promoted. It’s part of the salary strategy. For some reason Traore didn’t go along with it, and as a result, both he and we are the poorer for it. I’m not sure I’m going to pat him on the back for that.
When the contract talks started Spiers said the club and Adama were miles apart on what was offered and asked for so I’m not sure it’s entirely his fault.
Maybe we should just leave it there else we’ll all just go round in circles again with the agreements/disagreements and it’s far too nice a day to be arguing.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Erm, Mendes.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When the contract talks started Spiers said the club and Adama were miles apart on what was offered and asked for so I’m not sure it’s entirely his fault.
Maybe we should just leave it there else we’ll all just go round in circles again with the agreements/disagreements and it’s far too nice a day to be arguing.

If he was as valuable as he thinks he was, where were the 40m-50m offers? The best we can discern was a loan to buy from Spurs and Barca for around 30m.

Does that make the club wrong or him? If top clubs aren’t willing to put their money where there mouth is, then why should Wolves think he deserves over 100k a week?

MontyR

Reaction score

No hatred at all toward him. The few times I've been to Molineux recently he had me out of my chair (and cursing him as the last time was vs Burnley at home where he missed a sitter if I remember correctly). If he signs a contract I'll be delighted and think he'd easily fit into a 433 or 442 system. If he doesn't want to sign it then I don't see the point in keeping him. May as well cash out now.

He's definitely a great bloke and the type of personality you want around Wolves - evidence here:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he was as valuable as he thinks he was, where were the 40m-50m offers? The best we can discern was a loan to buy from Spurs and Barca for around 30m.

Does that make the club wrong or him?
Probably both and I get the feeling he was incredibly badly advised and would have been much better off signing a new deal in the first place.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Adama. It’s not working out for him, ( at least not yet).
By all accounts he’s a great bloke and I’d love to see him be happy somewhere and regain some of the form he had in his second season with us.
I wonder if Wolves want him anymore even on the same wages he’s been getting.

I must admit that I said several times in January that the loan to Barca was just to satisfy the financial restrictions but the loan would be a permanent move once the season ended. Guess I read the signs wrong.
I thought so to and to be fair the signs were there that they would buy him the just couldn’t commit to it due them being limited by La Liga.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably both and I get the feeling he was incredibly badly advised and would have been much better off signing a new deal in the first place.

That may be the case, but he still had chances to revisit that once he switched to Mendes, who really should provide good advice. The fact Sellars went public on his refusal to sign after that, says the die was set by then. That’s why it’s too late for him now, and why I’ll be glad to see him leave. Not because he’s horrible or anything.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s refused to sign one for 2 years. How long do you want to keep trying? Until he walks on a free next summer? He ain’t signing, time to get over it.
I didn’t say we shouldn’t sell him if he won’t sign a new deal, was just pointing out that I don’t get the hatred for him given how much excitement he brought to us, particularly in the 2nd season

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That may be the case, but he still had chances to revisit that once he switched to Mendes, who really should provide good advice. The fact Sellars went public on his refusal to sign after that, says the die was set by then. That’s why it’s too late for him now, and why I’ll be glad to see him leave. Not because he’s horrible or anything.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a player not wanting to sign a contract just as there’s nothing wrong with the club not offering one. At the same time there was no need for the club to let him go on loan with no obligation to buy as he was acting professionally throughout the whole saga. Meanwhile I wouldn’t trust Sellars as far as I could throw him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom