Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% reliable?! Who the **** is that?!
Pedro Sepulveda from Portugal,
Fabrizio Romano,
John Percy - Telegraph
David Ornstein - Althetic (was mainly London focused, but covers all clubs now really)

Mike McGrath from the Telegraph and even Alex Crook from Talksport have been pretty decent for us regarding news in the past year or so, but would be hesitant to include especially the latter as 100% reliable. Can’t exactly comment on the new guy that’s took over Spiers, but usually whatever him or Liam Keen report has been fed to them by the club so anything they report on transfer wise is pretty decent too - Although they don’t get many, if any exclusives!

dnf14

Reaction score
Interesting that Barcelona members last night overwhelmingly voted in favour of Laporta's deal to sell off 25% of their future TV revenues for the next 25 years.

The deal is expecting to raise between £550m and £700m.

They still have to sort out their wage bill by offloading some players, but it means they now have the liquidity to buy players without selling first.
As I understand it, the €500m mark would effectively allow them to continue without contracting their wage bill even further next season. Anything on top of that allows for registering free transfers + new signings.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those 5-0s aren't a reflection of the quality of nunes and palhinha.
How come? They were playing, and obviously couldn't stop Citeh. Not many can tbf but if that's the only games v British clubs (or v Ajax so above the lower end of the Portuguese top tier) then it's not great what you take away from it?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last edited:

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get Nunes it means Joao is leaving. We sign Palhinha it means Neves is leaving. I can’t see Fosun paying for 3 top MF IMO.
Do you not think maybe the way Lage has tried to use Dendoncker as a box to box midfielder that maybe Nunes could be his replacement?

D

Deleted member sbk12944

If only we were like every other club who spend 500 million each window, sign every single player they look at and are linked to without fail and do all of this off a 30k local fan base only.

I love the fact that some spotty kid posts that Fulham will beat us to a transfer then the number of negative comments and jibes that follow is astounding like its gospel truth.

You post this and it will either be ignored by the same 'adults' or they will work their ass off to discredit the journalist.

Cant win!!!
Unfortunately that Twitter profile is known to be completely unreliable on multiple forums.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palinha will go fulham, nunes no idea (doubtful) we will probably get musrati from braga

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed, and the scary thing is that many people base their political views on it, whereas in here, it is just football!
To be fair I can see there's a fair few Guardian readers here too.

Subtly changing from trust Fosun, see what they do at the end of the Window to our squadsnot bad we haven't lost anyone and a lightweight midfielder from Grasshoppers is the answer. You couldn't make it up.

The truth lies somewhere in between as always but Fosun aren't beyond any sort of criticism surely?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it very hard to understand the steady stream of cheap criticism and jibes aimed at Fosun on this thread and across the whole of The Mix.

Yes, the back end of last season was disappointing and yes, this is a big summer for us, but how some can believe that they are really a bunch of clowns is completely beyond me.

We are a football club enjoying its first sustained period of top flight football after decades in the wilderness. This was delivered under Fosun’s ownership.

And yet... they don’t know what they’re doing?

Staggering and laughable, in equal measure.

Now while Fosun obviously arent clowns, and obviously knows more about running a business than most here including me, I find it equally staggering that somehow that to some, they are immune to criticism, because of how far they've taken us since they took over. Obviously some that criticims are over the top. (Calling them clowns and doubting their ability to run a business, etc).

However, I think a lot of people are rightly concerned, that all the good they've done, can be undone, due to neglect of the team, and poor footballing decisions by people employed by Fosun.
Also while there's no doubting there ability to run a business, I think its more than fair to ask questions about their priorities with regards to the football part of the branch.
Now hopefully they put those concerns to bed this summer. Starting the season with more than 3 midfielders would be a good start.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair I can see there's a fair few Guardian readers here too.

Subtly changing from trust Fosun, see what they do at the end of the Window to our squadsnot bad we haven't lost anyone and a lightweight midfielder from Grasshoppers is the answer. You couldn't make it up.

The truth lies somewhere in between as always but Fosun aren't beyond any sort of criticism surely?
Of course they aren't but incessant criticism for something that may not happen is ludicrous.
Nothing wrong with the Guardian! ;)

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
:mad: Its bin great here in Wolverhampton all wik.I supposed to be having friends and family round for drinks for my birthday,but it's forecast rain.:rolleyes:****ing typical ay it.
Wishing you a great day regardless mate.
I daren't type anything too optimistic as there will likely be a shoot-down article linking him with Spurs or Arsenal in the next few hours.
Indeed!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now while Fosun obviously arent clowns, and obviously knows more about running a business than most here including me, I find it equally staggering that somehow that to some, they are immune to criticism, because of how far they've taken us since they took over. Obviously some that criticims are over the top. (Calling them clowns and doubting their ability to run a business, etc).

However, I think a lot of people are rightly concerned, that all the good they've done, can be undone, due to neglect and poor footballing decisions.
Also while there's no doubting there ability to run a business, I think its more than fair to ask questions about their priorities with regards to the football part of the branch.
Now hopefully they put those concerns to bed this summer. Starting the season with more than 3 midfielders would be a good start.
I am not sure anyone feels they are immune to criticism but personally I feel the need to respond and balance the comments after the frequent irrational volleys of abuse, personal and professional, that are aimed at Jeff, Scott etc.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Announced by Wolves as to the end of the season just finished, however Grasshoppers said for 18months (same as Sang-Bin Jeong). That was also reconfirmed when they announced their retained list (Jordao, Bolla and Bonatini back to loan clubs, Kawabe & Sang-bin Jeong "are set to stay in Zurich for 12 more months until summer 2023, as planned")

Very well, there is a thread you should follow somewhere about our loan players!! ;) Just kidding, I understand everyone is busy and there are plenty of other threads to keep on top of.

He's played really well, mainly as an AMC but sometimes as part of a 2 in midfield - 7 goals and 3 assists in 35 games. Second top scorer for them behind Kaly Sene. Bonatini had the same number of goals but also takes the penalties. Kawabe was one of 7 players (along with Bolla) to be nominated for POTS, however neither Bolla or Kawabe won in the end.

And just to add to this - Kawabe was listed as returning for pre season testing at Grasshoppers TODAY. Sang-bin Jeong has another week off due to summer international commitments (S Korea u23 games)

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O Jogo,

reporting what we have heard before today, which is sporting after trincao

Treinador do Atlético insiste em ver o dianteiro na pré-época. Atrasa-se a possível negociação com o Sporting.

O Sporting prioriza a contratação de Francisco Trincão, negócio que não teve avanços nos últimos dias, mas o extremo estará, ao que tudo indica, na pré-temporada do Barcelona para ser avaliado por Xavi. Ora, o mesmo processo deverá acontecer com Samuel Lino, que é alvo para fechar o ataque verde e branco depois de firmado o acordo com Trincão.

Atlético coach insists on seeing the forward in pre-season. Possible negotiation with Sporting is delayed.

Sporting prioritizes the hiring of Francisco Trincao, a deal that has not made progress in recent days, but the winger will, by all indications, be in Barcelona's pre-season to be evaluated by Xavi. Now, the same process should happen with Samuel Lino, who is targeted to close the green and white attack after signing the agreement with Trincao.

koplex

Groupie
Reaction score
I am not sure anyone feels they are immune to criticism but personally I feel the need to respond and balance the comments after the frequent irrational volleys of abuse, personal and professional, that are aimed at Jeff, Scott etc.
Shi said to judge him and his team at the end of the last summer transfer window. It was ****. So was the subsequent January window.

So you can't blame those who are criticising Jeff & Co as they brought that criticism on themselves.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the Palhinha deal, is it sensible to get both him and Nunes from Sporting? I can’t remember the last time a team bought both midfielders from one team - sorry yes I can Drinkwater and Kante to Chelsea. Considering Sporting were beaten 5 and 5 by Man City and 5 and 4 by Ajax so buying both their midfielders may not be ideal.

I wonder whether we’ll get the lad from Braga or even keep Neves for one more year with a commitment to sell to Barcelona next year ie. When they’ve sorted out their money whilst taking Nico on loan this year in exchange for Adama. Complex I know but all doable. For those with long memories Keegan announced he was leaving Liverpool a full year before he did. It allowed Liverpool to use the Hamburg money and buy Dalglish.

There's more than 2 players in a TEAM.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be humorous not saying it would happen, if

We rocked up to sporting, and said nunes/palinha/inacio please 100m

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course they aren't but incessant criticism for something that may not happen is ludicrous.
Nothing wrong with the Guardian! ;)

We will beg to differ on the Guardian ;)but, as to Fosun, to some degree the criticism they are receiving I can understand.

Much of the criticism is well over the top but there is now undoubtedly a low expectation from a lot of fans and this, to some degree has been sown by Fosuns own actions / lack of actions in the last couple of years. Its a shame because the previous several years I have never known such a unified support between fans players / club. There has been a couple of good transfer deals some poor ones (which can happen anywhere) The football has been a poor watch for the last 18 months and the back end of the season was excruciatingly poor.

I understand a one in - one out /living to our means philosophy but when you don't have squad depth or invest in experience you cant then also defend Fosun by saying poor performances were down to injury issues. There was a lack of activity when even the manager was crying asking for more players.

The above is compounded by worries we wont recruit, which is understandable, when all you have is the last four transfer windows to go on and potentially Neves is leaving (which absolutely no-one on here begrudges) but there are then questions as to how "live" the Wolves project actually is.

I pray we have a good window and the football improves but as annoying as the relentless criticism is, those arguing from the standpoint that Fosun can never bey wrong is equally irritating. As I say, just as in the press and on social media, we always see the extremes and truth usually lies in the middle.

Last edited:

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the Palhinha deal, is it sensible to get both him and Nunes from Sporting? I can’t remember the last time a team bought both midfielders from one team - sorry yes I can Drinkwater and Kante to Chelsea. Considering Sporting were beaten 5 and 5 by Man City and 5 and 4 by Ajax so buying both their midfielders may not be ideal.

I wonder whether we’ll get the lad from Braga or even keep Neves for one more year with a commitment to sell to Barcelona next year ie. When they’ve sorted out their money whilst taking Nico on loan this year in exchange for Adama. Complex I know but all doable. For those with long memories Keegan announced he was leaving Liverpool a full year before he did. It allowed Liverpool to use the Hamburg money and buy Dalglish.
We aren’t on the level of Man City or even Ajax, we probably just need to be concerned whether our midfield can be better than, Leicester, Palace, Newcastle, Brighton, WHU and with a lot of luck, Spurs!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the reality is that Jeff/Scott would love to spend big in this transfer window, but ultimately they are working to the directive of those above them. They are easy scapegoats because they’re the ones visibly at the head of the club.

Guo is perhaps not as interested in the club as he once was, given the previous ‘10 year plan’ that seems to have fallen to the wayside in recent interviews. It is what it is, our net spend will continue to be minimal, they’ll continue to invest in younger players with the view to making a profit on them in the long term. I don’t have a huge problem with that.

My problem is (or worry rather), is that they’re forgetting the value of proven experience. If Neves leaves this summer, and regardless of if Moutinho resigns (I hope he does, but you can’t expect a 36 year old to start every game), I feel we need two centre midfielders, a winger that can add goals, and a centre back - all of them need to be starters. Those holes won’t be filled by signing Mosquera or Gomes type signings (no disrespect intended to those lads specifically), but we need tried and tested players.

Another summer of ignoring glaringly obvious needs and we may be closer to the drop than most people think we are, our last 20 games of this season was relegation form and it won’t get any better after selling our best player. I’d love to have a more optimistic take but since the summer we’ve came up they’ve barely invested net spend wise.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair those that are criticising the frustration regarding Palhinha it wasnt just spotty teenagers and make up accounts reporting this. Fabrizio Romano is probably the most reliable journalist around when it comes to football transfers and he was very much reporting Fulham's interest yesterday.

I for one can understand the frustration on here and social media and the other Wolves forum which is normally very positive but no longer is. Each to their own though. I think all of us want the best for our club and have different ways of showing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom