Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I looked at this thread at 7-20am.At 7-30 am I took the dog for a walk.Got back at 9.00am.Med mesen a cuppa tay,and sat outside with it in the sun.Mowed me 4 Lawns and trimmed the privet edge.Med another cuupa tay.Wen I looked at this thread agen there was nine pages.9.Bloody hell we must have signed sombody.Nah just the usual waffle. :mad:

Last edited:

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Our CBs are the reason 4 ATB is a non starter

Neves & Moutinho have some really good defensive stats
I agree but neither of them can get back up the pitch quickly which is why we are so blunt in attack with lack of numbers resulting in the side to side slow build up.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I completely agree with all of this (as I do with all of your posts), which may also be at least partly because I am also a strategic planner!

As someone said above too (might also have been you) I generally don’t get too upset about things I can’t control. Wolves transfer business is one of those things.
I think I patience is driving a lot of the negativity and frustration.
But we know from years of experience that these things take time……it’s not new.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not so much impatience as knowledge of the last few windows which have followed a similar trajectory up to now.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These things do take time I mean we’ve been interested in Palinhia for three years meanwhile Fulham have been interested and agreed a fee in a week.

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score
Not so much impatience as knowledge of the last few windows which have followed a similar trajectory up to now.
For the record, I get that, and am feeling a bit twitchy about whether we will end up with as good a squad as we hope we will. I am also twitchy about the fact we seem to need to change quite a lot of the squad at the same time.

But if you read many of the comments in this thread, it’s all written with such certainty that we are a joke and are going to be in a relegation battle etc etc. And I just think that regardless of how good or bad the last few transfer windows are perceived to have been, it’s a bit premature to be as certain as some people seem to be.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
20 new pages since yesterday. Must be some exciting news? Somebody fill me in please.
Some are suggesting we could do with a midfielder, others are countering that there’s no rush.

Oh and there was some stuff about Bilston, London and LA being varying degrees of nice places, but that might have been yesterdays 20 pages rather than todays.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the record, I get that, and am feeling a bit twitchy about whether we will end up with as good a squad as we hope we will. I am also twitchy about the fact we seem to need to change quite a lot of the squad at the same time.

But if you read many of the comments in this thread, it’s all written with such certainty that we are a joke and are going to be in a relegation battle etc etc. And I just think that regardless of how good or bad the last few transfer windows are perceived to have been, it’s a bit premature to be as certain as some people seem to be.
This place is always ridiculously negative. Try the commentary threads.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I Wonder if Fosun are looking for a buyer.

Having been involved in sales of businesses you pull the reins in when it comes to investment, you do enough to keep ticking over in case nothing happens.

Not saying that's what's happening just wondering. It feels a little familiar.
I presume Covid was a huge eye opener to companies and corporations all over the world and probably led to deep reflections and analysis regarding current and future projects.
Remember, nobody knew or could predict how long it was going to last. What effect it had on Fosun is anybody‘s guess……it might have reinforced their sustainability philosophy.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I presume Covid was a huge eye opener to companies and corporations all over the world and probably led to deep reflections and analysis regarding current and future projects.
Remember, nobody knew or could predict how long it was going to last. What effect it had on Fosun is anybody‘s guess……it might have reinforced their sustainability philosophy.
Fosuns happiness division took an absolute tatering during COVID. The last thing they'll be doing is "investing" in players

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Having been involved in sales of businesses you pull the reins in when it comes to investment, you do enough to keep ticking over in case nothing happens.

seems to be a few Yanks willing to invest.Everton were looking for investment and rumoured to have received a bid for all of the club

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Wolves have been working on a £3million deal to sign Slonina for a number of weeks but the Express & Star understands he will now not be making the switch to Molineux.
Instead, the goalkeeper is reportedly due to sign for Chelsea in a deal worth around £8.6million before staying with Chicago Fire on-loan."

Made me laugh.

We were trying to sign him and he goes for nearly 3x the price we were 'trying'. So, we weren't really serious at all, to no one's surprise.
What a load of ****e!
They only wanted £3m, we offered it and then it was used to hike the price to other suitors. I’m so glad some of the clowns on here aren’t in charge of Wolves finances. We’d be broke within a week.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosuns happiness division took an absolute tatering during COVID. The last thing they'll be doing is "investing" in players
opened at least 3 Club Meds and 2 large resorts since then.investing in projects they can make money.
Appears to be in partnerships though

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some are suggesting we could do with a midfielder, others are countering that there’s no rush.

Oh and there was some stuff about Bilston, London and LA being varying degrees of nice places, but that might have been yesterdays 20 pages rather than todays.

And dow forget,we ay got any money until Ruben is sold.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a load of ****e!
They only wanted £3m, we offered it and then it was used to hike the price to other suitors. I’m so glad some of the clowns on here aren’t in charge of Wolves finances. We’d be broke within a week.
Hahaha.

Was your 'what a load of ****e' in reference to what you were about to post?

If you really believe Wolves were 'used' to do a deal when Real Madrid and Chelsea are involved then I fear I'm wasting my time here, but anyway.

Why would Chelsea pay £8.6m for someone who is available for £3m? Or Real Madrid as that fee was quoted to them as well.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell does nobody understand why they are trying these things?! Some people need to understand just who we are as a club, how little we are and how uninteresting we are to the wider football world. Fosun simply are not allowed to spend fortunes because our small fan base does not generate enough income. Doesnt matter how loyal we are and doesn't matter that some went to Chorley once.

They have to create other revenue streams that grow our income which in turn allows us to spend more money. These things might not matter to the core fan base directly but the hope is that in time they will help to improve the club we know and love.

Could Fosun be more risk averse and go over and above sell to buy? Maybe. Helped Everton, Fulham and Villa so much in recent years didnt it?! What they will do, however, is keep us solid and consistent with (hopefully) some sustainable growth.

So far nobody knows who we are selling, who we are trying to buy and how much we may or may not spend yet all you see on here is a melt down with grown adults crying over bull **** transfer 'news'. Lets wait and see hey?

Will they let us down? Maybe. Maybe not. So far, however, they have steered us ok. Never enough for some for sure but they have my trust, for what its worth.
I wouldn’t bother mate. She’s great in the sack but her after dinner conversation is a bit meh. I was glad when her Uber turned up.

Last edited:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s worse, Maxi Lopes took him in when came from Argentina, mentored him and treated him like a younger brother, let him live with him, and during this time, he stole his wife!!!

And then got tattoos of Maxi’s kids’ names!!!!

This guy makes John Terry look like (I was going to say Mother Teresa but apparently she was bent too!!)
Everyone deserves a second chance.

Especially if they can score more than 8 next season

Last edited:

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s worse, Maxi Lopes took him in when came from Argentina, mentored him and treated him like a younger brother, let him live with him, and during this time, he stole his wife!!!

And then got tattoos of Maxi’s kids’ names!!!!

This guy makes John Terry look like (I was going to say Mother Teresa but apparently she was bent too!!)

Doesn't seem like he's going to steal anybody else wife now so he's safe

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The past three windows?
This. The balance of probabilities suggests we aren't going to have a good window. The noises from all of the 'Ask Wokves' interviews were pragmatic. The strategy appears to be 'tread water until we find a raft or get rescued' with the regular references to the impact of the pandemic, the admissions we can't compete, the mention that what Jeff said six years ago doesn't apply to now.... The list goes on.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But the players I have mentioned came at reasonable prices from Mendes not because he was making a killing. It's not just about the money it's about his agencies portfolio of players.
He went to who was willing to pay, we aren't some special case for him, we were a willing participant with open wallets, now we are closed.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This. The balance of probabilities suggests we aren't going to have a good window. The noises from all of the 'Ask Wokves' interviews were pragmatic. The strategy appears to be 'tread water until we find a raft or get rescued' with the regular references to the impact of the pandemic, the admissions we can't compete, the mention that what Jeff said six years ago doesn't apply to now.... The list goes on.
Much of the same mind. Shi's interview remains the biggest giveaway:::.made no sense, wholly disproportionate about the esports, proclamation that it is impossible to challenge the top 6, having just screwed up a great chance for a top 6 season. Defeatism replacing ambition.

This on the back of the crazy January sabotage, and ditching of any realistic plans to develop the stadium.

Add the final touch of Fosun tidying the books up to show a profit and what other conclusion can one draw....

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hahaha.

Was your 'what a load of ****e' in reference to what you were about to post?

If you really believe Wolves were 'used' to do a deal when Real Madrid and Chelsea are involved then I fear I'm wasting my time here, but anyway.

Why would Chelsea pay £8.6m for someone who is available for £3m? Or Real Madrid as that fee was quoted to them as well.
Lol…coz Chelsea have never over-paid on a player…oh wait!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Called it over a year ago, know more than enough that they were approached but offers not met to their valuation. They will happily sell us, those hands aren't being made deeper till we are off their books, hence my disdain as I'd rather they'd hurry up and sell.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Called it over a year ago, know more than enough that they were approached but offers not met to their valuation. They will happily sell us, those hands aren't being made deeper till we are off their books, hence my disdain as I'd rather they'd hurry up and sell.
May well be right, either because they've taken us as far as makes economic sense, or because of a change of national strategy. Basically the same as Morgan's (or even Hayward's) later days, keep us ticking over and hope someone comes along. The levels are so much higher, but the feeling of drift is similar. Sadly the list of people with the money to buy them out is neither long, nor inviting.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Let’s hope it’s soon if the purse strings have been well and truly pulled tight.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
You shouldn't feel the 'need' to counterbalance, you should post your thoughts. This is the first time you've (softly) criticised, describing the January window as a nonentity, you didn't say that at the time.

I didn't need to criticize January windows because we usually don't do much in that window - it's not where the value is. Unless there is a deal that is really good or we absolutely have to do business to cover an injury, then I agree that we shouldn't bring someone in. It's all about expectations. Chiquinho will be a great bit of business, though - so, it may not be that bad in the end. Again, thinking long-term.

You're clearly very generous with your rating of us having an average summer window when Mosquera contributed nothing (not his fault), Trincao contributed just a little bit more than nothing and Hwang is not very good. Sa, as you say, was excellent but that doesn't hide from the fact it was a poor window.

I should have added "at the time." I believe that I did opine in one of the threads. Most people, including myself, thought that Trincao was a great signing. With the benefit of hindsight, well, it didn't turn out that way, did it? I still think that there's a player in there - he's still young and the Premier League takes some getting used to for those technical Iberian players. But can you bash the club for trying to sign a top prospect that didn't work out? I disagree about Hwang - I think people are really OTT with him. His touch needs work, no doubt, but he gets in good positions and works hard. He's not an everyday starter for me, but a good bench player that has strengths if played centrally--for this type of player, 12mil is fair market value.

You also brush over a January window that saw us go from competing for Europe to finishing 10th. Not only did we fail to strengthen we gave a player away, which you weakly attempt to justify, and our results went from top six to bottom six. It was a disaster. An absolute disaster.

OTT. Traore going to Barcelona was not the strong predictor for our slide - injuries to our right side of the defense, Neves, and Podence were, IMO.

Oh, and as a data analyst who looks at trends, why don't you look at the numbers and stats for how we've been playing in the last year or so you'd see things aren't all that great at all!

The stats do not look good, I agree. They looked great the first three games. Hence, why I want the club to get those players that Bruno needs to play that high-pressing game for the whole season. The financial stats, however, are excellent, considering the pandemic. And the Academy is in great shape, too. I assume that the coaching staff and management team know what are deficiencies are and will be working on them, given our budget constraints. Let's see what they come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom