Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Its the thought of going into next year with the back 5 and two defensive minded midfielders again. What served us well for the first 3 years was painful the last two. If its like that for a supporter like me of 35 years, then whats it like for the fans they are trying to attract abroad to spend money on skins of fortnite etc. They just wont be able to get new fan engagement. We know this was the main reason for nuno being sacked, boring football, yet they expect bruno to change things with the same group of players bought specifically for nunos tactics.

While we persist with the current playing style, we will not command top dollar for our players. Coady as an england international in his prime we should be beating off teams with a stick, but we arent. Neves, the same. It will take a change in style and to play like other teams with the high press in vogue currently to make other teams want our players. Can these current set of players adapt to brunos new style, probably not which is why a lot of us are now getting concerned with what the future may hold, despite our league positions the last few years.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I take it back - maybe there is legs in this!

I'd be very disappointed if we lose Neves, identify this chap as a replacement and then lose out to a promoted side. I think he's a very good player.

It's all very carefully worded, as usual for him. Nothing to suggest Fulham are favourites or close to getting him. Will have to judge things at the end of the window, not a good look if Fulham get a player we've been after for years and we don't get someone as good or better instead.

The Fulham interest could of course be a ploy by Sporting and/or Mendes to force Wolves hand of course.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we keep Neves I'll cry.

To be fair, that reaction was before a lot of the transfer market movement and positioning.
Things can change quickly and it seems they have.

Do you reckon? If his value drops by 20mill because we can't sell him and he doesn' sign an extension, we will do everything to force him out.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems quite clear they don’t see it that way, and we will be extremely weak in the core of the team - yet again.

Playing with fire and sooner rather than later we will go down once we have bad luck with injuries

Watch us lose Neves late, all our targets moved on and then Jeff comes out saying it was a difficult window for us. But we have now got a Call of Duty eSports team and a line of NFTs so that makes up for it.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all very carefully worded, as usual for him. Nothing to suggest Fulham are favourites or close to getting him. Will have to judge things at the end of the window, not a good look if Fulham get a player we've been after for years and we don't get someone as good or better instead.

The Fulham interest could of course be a ploy by Sporting and/or Mendes to force Wolves hand of course.
If Palinha is only cheaper for Wolves to help us sell Neves why would they sell him to Fulham for the same price

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you reckon? If his value drops by 20mill because we can't sell him and he doesn' sign an extension, we will do everything to force him out.

I think 45/50m is probably how much he'll go for, the 70m is just a bargaining ploy. Nobody is paying that right now.

Our best chance to get a good deal and quickly is PSG or United if they give up on De Jong.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Palinha is only cheaper for Wolves to help us sell Neves why would they sell him to Fulham for the same price

Maybe Palhinha favours Wolves move due to Mendes at "special" price, but Sporting favour Fulham as they're bidding more.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just so I’m clear, we’ve not actually lost out on any first team players, there’s just a rumour that someone else wants someone we’re rumoured to want, and that player is currently on holiday? And controlled by uncle Jorge?

Loving all the “if it’s true, I’m going to stamp my little feet” comments - might be worth seeing if it’s true before getting stroppy….

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When we actually do end up signing anybody, this will be one of the last places we'll find out through

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's going to be impossible to get a great price for Neves, get it early and then be able to get all our replacements in after.

We need to spend money before we sell him just incase.

We need a João Palinha before we sell Neves. Not just after!
Other clubs will know we have to sell neves to fund incomings so, as predicted, they will grind us down until we have to sell at a reduced price. Good business on their part.

Reactions: Ned

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're struggling to find £17m....

It makes the decision taken in January to commit to spending £14m on Hwang this summer even more baffling.
How much does it cost to subscribe to his youtube video's?

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I will savd any annoyance until something actually happens to get annoyed about or the time comes and nothing positive has happened.

I've always had the feeling that Palhinha is the option to replace Neves and other than that he is not wanted by us.

There are a lot of if's being banded about and no-one really knows anything.

I don't particularly believe we are skint, i just think we have to be careful how we spend, and i appreciate the Neves situatiin complicates it, bit i see it as deals we can do if he stays and deals we can do if he goes.

Not seen anything of Palhinha, only know the clamour on here for him. If we are competing with Fulham for his signature is he really that good?

My main concern is if Neves stays and doesn't sign a contract and my preference is he stsys and does. Maybe that will limit other spending, but that's my feeling.

The crucial thing is raising money from players we don't want or can do without. That to me is when self sustaining is working. We should have money from Vinagre and focus on the likes of Cutrone, Hoever, Donk, Adama and any youngsters we don't have plans for.

We have also done well out of loan to buy deals, so there is business that can be done without immediate expenditure.

I am finding it frustrating, but will wait and see, and then react

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s no doubting that the Fosun relationship with Gestifute has facilitated access to players we ordinarily could have only dreamed about signing. Mendes’ links to other agents cannot be underestimated either.

But on the flip side, I just get the impression that the “tail is wagging the dog” and we are now just over reliant on him. Ever wonder what our transfer activity might be like without our reliance on Mendes?

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s no doubting that the Fosun relationship with Gestifute has facilitated access to players we ordinarily could have only dreamed about signing. Mendes’ links to other agents cannot be underestimated either.

But on the flip side, I just get the impression that the “tail is wagging the dog” and we are now just over reliant on him. Ever wonder what our transfer activity might be like without our reliance on Mendes?

I think it's more the point that we have now reached the level of player he was supplying us with.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but this will be a complete and utter shambles for Shi and Sellars if we miss out on Palhinha to Fulham. What are they playing at? You can see why there have been no signings so far for us. They wont spend a penny without selling anyone and this situation with Palhinha proves why this policy is a complete and utter joke for a club that has been in the Premier League for 5 years now.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There is something here saying that PSG are trying to get Mendes to move Mauro Icardi to Wolves.. :D

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't get these posts saying none of us know what's going on. Are you saying there is no point to this thread? Why bother commenting?

We all know what's going on- Jeff and Scott have repeatedly told us all. They don't keep anything to themselves. We are just incredulous about it.

I knew 3 months before Trincao signed ut was going to happen because it was reported in the press. I remember the Cutrone deal dragged on and every step was reported in the press. The Sa-Patricio swap was on the cards for weeks before it inevitably happened.

Jeff and Scott literally do nothing behind closed doors- everyone knows our business.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I knew 3 months before Trincao signed ut was going to happen because it was reported in the press. I remember the Cutrone deal dragged on and every step was reported in the press. The Sa-Patricio swap was on the cards for weeks before it inevitably happened.

Jeff and Scott literally do nothing behind closed doors- everyone knows our business.

The Sa/Patricio deal was widely known in advance, I can't remember Cutrone. Trincao there was a rumour a month or two before, but then nothing until he signed.

However, they're the exception to the rule IMO, (due, rather obviously, to there being 3 sides of the transfer that could leak it) - most of our signings have come out of nowhere, with a day or so's notice when they're happening.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get these posts saying none of us know what's going on. Are you saying there is no point to this thread? Why bother commenting?

We all know what's going on- Jeff and Scott have repeatedly told us all. They don't keep anything to themselves. We are just incredulous about it.

True, but a great many of our transfers come out of nowhere.
Silva
Neto
Jordao
Vitinha

I used to work in the media and the guys I still know maintain they have no idea what's going on at Wolves if it's not dispersed in mini releases by the club to Reuters.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There is something here saying that PSG are trying to get Mendes to move Mauro Icardi to Wolves.. :D
So I presume now that we are linked with Icardi, Jeff and Scott are national heroes as we are going to sign a world class striker?

If you're going to believe the stories that are negative, logic dictates you have to believe the positive nomark stories too!

modenawolf

Reaction score

Icardi must be on at least 200k / week. Would be such an un-Fosun signing.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Sa/Patricio deal was widely known in advance, I can't remember Cutrone. Trincao there was a rumour a month or two before, but then nothing until he signed.

However, they're the exception to the rule IMO, (due, rather obviously, to there being 3 sides of the transfer that could leak it) - most of our signings have come out of nowhere, with a day or so's notice when they're happening.
I followed the plane touching down with Ait-Nouri on it before he signed because everyone knew it was happening! This idea that they are doing business behind closed doors is laughable.

Speak to non-Wolves fans and they all know we are skint because Jeff has told the world!

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He'll fit right in if the Bennett/Jota rumours are true.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but this will be a complete and utter shambles for Shi and Sellars if we miss out on Palhinha to Fulham. What are they playing at? You can see why there have been no signings so far for us. They wont spend a penny without selling anyone and this situation with Palhinha proves why this policy is a complete and utter joke for a club that has been in the Premier League for 5 years now.
:)

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So I presume now that we are linked with Icardi, Jeff and Scott are national heroes as we are going to sign a world class striker?

If you're going to believe the stories that are negative, logic dictates you have to believe the positive nomark stories too!
No because it's *******s

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now Campos is at PSG we might get linked with a few of their cast offs.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watch us lose Neves late, all our targets moved on and then Jeff comes out saying it was a difficult window for us. But we have now got a Call of Duty eSports team and a line of NFTs so that makes up for it.
Pretty much like most other windows then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom