Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao has had 1300 minutes of game time, where Vitinha only had 500. We have to accept that some players do better at other clubs. I saw little that really impressed with Vitinha last season. Though was never sure we were using him in his bets position. Like MGW who shines everwhere else he goes, maybe we have to look at this fixed organised way of playing we have. Though it's the one that took us to 7th place twice, since key players left, seems we are forcing new players into the same roles we had back then.

Read some Forest fans saying that the key to Steve Coopers success there is that he adapts the team to players individual strengths and qualities. I think we've taken the oppposite approach under both Nuno and Bruno. Formations are quite fixed and tightly organised, with players forced into the roles demanded by that structure. Traore at wing back. Various attackers played way out wide. Jonny at CH o_O

Works in that it makes us very hard to beat (mostly), but lack a spark up front. Sensible for a newly promoted club, watch Forest show some silky football next season - before getting thoroughly hammered match after match! However, we've been here 4 seasons now and should be looking to develop rather than dig ourselves even deeper into defensive football.
I agree but do feel Bruno has started to change that, a process that will accelerate when has his own squad. Remember he tried to get MGW to return in January.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agree although think it’s early to write off cundle from premiership

I think he’s a playmaker off a front 2 or 3
I don’t see a lot of difference between Vitinha and Cundle tbh - excellent short passing and movement, can score a goal without being prolific (Cundle probably better there), both a bit lightweight, both intelligent footballers.

Vitinha now has an extra seasons experience, but Cundle is exactly where Vitinha was the season before.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he as technically or tatically good though? Vitinha has the ability to go to the top
Almeida is good, if he was playing for Porto/Benfica/Sporting he'd be getting a lot more attention for sure. Not quite as good as Vitinha, but I'd put him up there as one of the top 5 young midfielders playing in Portugal right now easily.

Here are some clips if you want to take a look at him:

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almeida is good, if he was playing for Porto/Benfica/Sporting he'd be getting a lot more attention for sure. Not quite as good as Vitinha, but I'd put him up there as one of the top 5 young midfielders playing in Portugal right now easily.

Good player. Two footed, not afraid to take a player on. Would be great if we could sign him. Doubt it though. If Moutinho stays and Palhinha joins that's it for midfield I fear.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree although think it’s early to write off cundle from premiership

I think he’s a playmaker off a front 2 or 3
He’s a nice tidy little player but I’d be very suprised if he makes a prolonged premier league career. I think there’s probably more chance of Joe Hodge doing that

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good player. Two footed, not afraid to take a player on. Would be great if we could sign him. Doubt it though. If Moutinho stays and Palhinha joins that's it for midfield I fear.
While l think that Moutinho should sign a new deal, l would be worried if that was our starting midfield next season

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vitinha was a bit meh (but not used enough).

His performance at Albion was the standout performance of our season though. He was majestic.

I sensed we would regret not signing him but I understood the logic
That’s my issue really, we didn’t see enough to make a proper judgement but that Albion game was a snippet of what he clearly has. I was dismayed at the time Ottasowie was getting game time over him (more so the fawning over him on here) as I’d watched him a lot in the u23s and he always looked a flat track bully to me who wouldn’t do the same things in senior football

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not signing Vitinha was a mistake and most of us knew it as the thread on him proves. As for Cundle I would reserve judgment on him not being good enough for the Premier League. Far too early to be writing him off just yet but maybe could do with a loan if the club actually start signing central midfield players again!

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Big mistake not buying vitinha . Could have just loaned him to Porto for a year
I'm sure the club would have been praised to the hilt if we'd soent 20m on a player to loan out straight away.

I didn't really see enough of Vitinha. And from what i recall, when he did play it wasn't really in his best position

I can just imagine a parellel dimension where we signed him and there was a 50 page thread with a poll on whether he was worth the money, and people talkung about how we messed up not signing Fabio

T

TheConcourse

Vitinha was a case of wrong time. We can all operate in hindsight, and it’s going to be gutting to see him do well at a top club, but we had far bigger issues to manage (that we didn’t do a great job of) than another tidy midfielder who appeared to lack mobility.

Everyone could see the potential.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vitinha was a case of wrong time. We can all operate in hindsight, and it’s going to be gutting to see him do well at a top club, but we had far bigger issues to manage (that we didn’t do a great job of) than another tidy midfielder who appeared to lack mobility.

Everyone could see the potential.
It wasn’t the wrong time

We needed another midfielder all season!!!

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not signing Vitinha was a mistake and most of us knew it as the thread on him proves. As for Cundle I would reserve judgment on him not being good enough for the Premier League. Far too early to be writing him off just yet but maybe could do with a loan if the club actually start signing central midfield players again!
Not sure I agree with you Jos, I don’t think he’s suited to the prem - Van de Beek has the same problem, sometimes it just doesn’t work and £20m would have been a big gamble just when Fosun were closing their purse

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Looks a tidy player and not afraid to get physical. For the price the press were quoting (+/- 7million) could be a snip.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’m not sure I agree Jos. Yes we needed another midfielder, and yes we still do. However virtually everyone on MolMix felt that the fee agreed as part of his loan was too high. I was supportive of buying him on a reduced fee, as was rumoured, but for whatever reason, that didn’t happen. Now it could be argued that we didn’t play him enough to validate his potential for the price asked (unlike Trincao), but based on what we saw, it was too much money. We were linked with other midfielders who would probably have made more impact, and would probably be worth more now.

Last edited:

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trouble was that when we did play him, we played him out of position as an attacking midfielder whereas he came here as a “Moutinho type”. Would he really have got in the first team instead of Neves or Moutinho? Neither had a great season but I have a suspicion they were impossible to drop unless injured!!
I would rather have played MGW in the role that Vitinha played.
As it happens we did need an extra midfielder last year, and it would have been useful if Vitinha had stayed but he still would probably have not had much game time until the March/ April period when Neves was out for a few games. (Was Moutinho out for a couple of games at the same time? I can’t remember now!)

Last edited:

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t see a lot of difference between Vitinha and Cundle tbh - excellent short passing and movement, can score a goal without being prolific (Cundle probably better there), both a bit lightweight, both intelligent footballers.

Vitinha now has an extra seasons experience, but Cundle is exactly where Vitinha was the season before.

Vitinha is going to have a much bigger career than Cundle

lmuwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wolves set to miss out to Chelsea on the signing of Gabriel Slonina according to Liam Keen

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We needed to either sign Vitinha or sign someone else in that position eg Renato Sanches. I would have accepted either. Doing nothing was the travesty.

I think Almeida looks great but we've been linked with him for a month and it appears that we can't afford the €8 million it would take to buy him.

Hopefully the Hoever and Cutrone deals can be completed asap as they might just cover his signing.

Last edited:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves set to miss out to Chelsea on the signing of Gabriel Slonina according to Liam Keen

"Wolves have been working on a £3million deal to sign Slonina for a number of weeks but the Express & Star understands he will now not be making the switch to Molineux.
Instead, the goalkeeper is reportedly due to sign for Chelsea in a deal worth around £8.6million before staying with Chicago Fire on-loan."

Made me laugh.

We were trying to sign him and he goes for nearly 3x the price we were 'trying'. So, we weren't really serious at all, to no one's surprise.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even watching Vitinha the other night for Portugal, he looked similar to what we saw. Good on the ball, one excellent pass stands out but other than that, not much.

I think he could be an excellent player in a team that wants to play and dominates, which Porto do.

In a team look us it's pointless. We don't keep the ball enough to get the best out of someone like that and whilst we want to change our style, we realistically aren't going to become a new Swansea type team.

We need more physicality and power in our team, IMO.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Wolves have been working on a £3million deal to sign Slonina for a number of weeks but the Express & Star understands he will now not be making the switch to Molineux.
Instead, the goalkeeper is reportedly due to sign for Chelsea in a deal worth around £8.6million before staying with Chicago Fire on-loan."

Made me laugh.

We were trying to sign him and he goes for nearly 3x the price we were 'trying'. So, we weren't really serious at all, to no one's surprise.
Yes another made up imminent tasty transfer snippet thrown to the gullible from the Fosun dept. of misinformation and lies.
Anything that outfit says should be treated as untrustworthy until proved otherwise.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes another made up tasty imminent transfer snippet thrown to the gullible from the Fosun dept. of misinformation and lies.
It was serious. Chelsea had already put in a lot of work. Then the ownership situation killed the deal. Wolves were getting close at a lower price, for a backup keeper. Ownership situation at Chelsea got sorted and transfers are back on. Wolves aren’t going to pay 8m for a backup keeper.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was serious. Chelsea had already put in a lot of work. Then the ownership situation killed the deal. Wolves were getting close at a lower price, for a backup keeper. Ownership situation at Chelsea got sorted and transfers are back on. Wolves aren’t going to pay 8m for a backup keeper.

We spent £35m on a back up striker.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah right the same as the Marquinhos **** up who we'd definitely signed on a pre-contract until we suddenly hadn't.

NothingButNeto

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Made me laugh.

Gotta be honest - this kid may be a great goalie eventually, but he’s not worth 10M. I’m glad we lost this.

And just what chelsea needs is another expensive goalie.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gotta be honest - this kid may be a great goalie eventually, but he’s not worth 10M. I’m glad we lost this.

And just what chelsea needs is another expensive goalie.
I don't know enough about him to be honest.

Just clearly not that serious about getting him if we were lowballing to such a degree.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was superb against spurs.

He was ok against Spurs.

People get a bit carried away by saying he was excellent though. He had less touches than any other outfield player and made less tackles and interceptions than our other midfielders.

Did his job, kept it safe and kept us moving. A decent full debut, but he still has a long way to go to make it at this level.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Made me laugh.

It’s not fair to say we weren’t really serious about him at all. We were outbid by Chelsea, or , perhaps we didn’t think he was worth that much.

Crickey, is there anything you think Wolves do right?……anything at all?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't care about back up keeper.
Push comes to shove I'll do it if needs be.

Midfield needs sorting. I want to see us dominate more than half our games. I want us to go up against the clubs down the bottom and have midfielders that attack the box. I want us to play the palaces and saints of the world and win the midfield battle. Currently we ain't there. And we won't mount a significant challenge on the European places until we do.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not fair to say we weren’t really serious about him at all. We were outbid by Chelsea, or , perhaps we didn’t think he was worth that much.

Crickey, is there anything you think Wolves do right?……anything at all?
Yes, read the post literally below the one you're whinging about where I say it was the right decision not to sign Vitinha.

But you need to moan about me moaning :D

Oh and if you go in for a player at £3m and he's in talks with other clubs at the same time for £8.6m then it's very fair to say you aren't serious IMO.

What would you think if Leeds made a £15m offer for Neves tomorrow. Would you think they're serious about buying him? I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom