Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woolywolf

Reaction score
Just thinking about expectations for the future…
Fact: Fosun are a commercially driven investment company. All decisions are made on this basis with zero emotional consideration
Fact: To be genuinely confident in improving our end position ie 5th 6th would take significant investment….4 x £50m players plus breaking wage structure ? …at least
Fact: The financial benefits of investing in improving our position is far out weighed by the investment required
So the question becomes what do Fosun need to do to finish just above half way? Answers on a postcode:)

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Potential players also want to see that the club interested in them have ambition, wealth and foresight within the Premier league .
I can't believe we can't buy a few players before we sell ?
If players and their agents perceive we are a penny pinching low end club that could easily drop due to lack of ambition and investment they won't come .
Maybe potential players want to know where they are going to fit into the squad, will they be playing regularly or sat on the bench?
A potential sale of Neves says to replacements if he stays then I'm potentially competing with a brilliant midfielder in a world cup year, do I want that?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
London is basically Bilston with the queen. Hate the place and every time I've had to go there for work. Potentially the most overrated place in the world next to California
Not so keen myself either ,but it does have places of interest ,decent shopping and good Restaurants and bars ,things that attract their other halves .

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reporter from the sun. I know its the sun. Jordan Davies tweeting that there will be a story in the paper today regarding Palhinha in which he indicates delays in the transfer to us as Fulham trying to hijack the deal and it seems we wont commit to buying until Neves future resolved. It is the sun of course but again points towards not being able to buy until we sell anyone.

Absolute shambles if true.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is the sun journalist getting info from ojogo? Maybe they have a subscription.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Inacio, Palhinha and Nunes would make the loss of Neves a bit easier to take.

I don't see us signing a centre back though personally.Suspect the 5 at the back and turgid football will continue.Jeff and Sellars will see coady, boly, kilman backed up by Toti, Mosquera and Donk as more than adequate to keep us up.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tell you what if they do beat us to signing him (still think we are favourites) then I'd be seriously concerned to be honest..

I'm still positive things will happen but would really like to see a bit of activity soon, we haven't seen any fringe players leave or anything yet.. All abit quiet!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I the only one who quite likes the idea of Minamino? Knows the league, has goals in him, looks a tidy player and wouldn't break the bank.
I agree. It’s ok saying we don’t need him and have other priorities but we don’t get to pick and choose the time frame as to when these players come up. Trincao won’t stay, Traore wants to leave and Podence is a sulky little bugger - I’d happily sign him.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So because something new comes out today everyone discounts everything

Romano hasn’t reported Fulham making a bid etc so until that happens then we are in for him
I think the issue is a lot of links over the weekend suggested this was pretty much done and now we are hearing we need to sell Neves first and now links to Fulham.

Maybe this is Sporting giving us the hurry up?....

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think people would be more patient, I would certainly, if we had absolute confidence in the manager, recruitment team and 1st XI. I’ve got serious doubts about 2 of those 3 if not all 3. It’s obvious to blind man that the team needs refreshing and that teams know how to beat them. If the club have confidence in Bruno (more than I do) they should be looking to get players in asap to help him build for the new season, waiting till an hour before the window closes won’t hack it. They need time to bed in, even Bruno said he struggled with the returning players because they weren’t used to the style of play. Pre-season is shambolic, mostly because of the US your cancellation so that time is even more crucial.

The reported issues with the pre-contract Brazilian going to Arsenal doesn’t help confidence either. Regardless of the circumstances, if it was me in Jeff’s position I would be asking serious questions of what happened. It’ll probably be down to Aresnal’s technical director being Brazilian international and pulling favours, but as I said doesn’t fill me with confidence.

The other problem is that the club are more secure than the Mafia in terms of info leaking out. Omertà doesn’t even cover it which creates an information vacuum that is filled by WUMs, egotists and any old Tom, Dick or Mary who thinks it’s funny to make stories up for attention.
Good post, BW and certainly mirrors my view of happenings (or not) at Molineux over the last few years. For the last 3 or 4 transfer windows, I've been optimistic that we will strengthen in the right places and believed some of the hype coming out of the club. That optimism has now been knocked out of me by events rather than the hyperbole.
I don't know whether we will strengthen at all. All the talk that we have to sell to buy while other clubs are spending the TV money etc... to strengthen their squads and give their fans something to get excited about while Wolves seems to wallow.
Past transfer window disappointments have left me sceptical that the regime at Molineux has a clue how to run a football club, let alone get a decent player to 'join the project', aka sign for the club.
Time will tell whether I'm being unreasonably pessimistic, but once bitten (or even 3 times bitten), twice shy seems a fitting mantra.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the issue is a lot of links over the weekend suggested this was pretty much done and now we are hearing we need to sell Neves first and now links to Fulham.

Maybe this is Sporting giving us the hurry up?....

Well weren’t sporting doing the deal for Al-Musrati and then it was reported Fulham wanted him also.

Fulham have the advantage of Khan who is known to make a lot of money available eg attractive big contracts etc. He did so with my nfl team Jacksonville who are awful, but could be on the up this year

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palhinha has openly said he wants to come here so id take the Fulham interest with a big pinch of salt
Personally im a bit meh about him
He could certainly do the job,but offers little else as far as passing or getting us forward, but then again thats not his job i guess
With MGW,hopefully Mouts plus another playmaker it could work,lots of ifs and buts but we will see soon enough

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palhinha has openly said he wants to come here so id take the Fulham interest with a big pinch of salt
Personally im a bit meh about him
He could certainly do the job,but offers little else as far as passing or getting us forward, but then again thats not his job i guess
With MGW,hopefully Mouts plus another playmaker it could work,lots of ifs and buts but we will see soon enough
Except Neves' diagonal passes and free kicks that he could do in the championship with his eyes shut, he can't do now. More pressing, different ball, less space for wing backs. Brilliant at breaking up play and interceptions, but so is Palhinha. For us, I don't think Neves offers that much more than him for that extra 30m?
Which is a massive amount for a club like Wolves

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The disrespect Palhihna gets on here is absurd, Bruno wants tactical flexibility to move to a back 4 or 5 with confidence. To do so he requires a warrior to protect his defence, someone aggressive big and strong who won't lose the ball once he wins it back but will win 95% of his aerial and ground duels and force teams to go wide rather than attacking centrally.

It's a role that is constantly under-appreciated by fans because they aren't flashy goalscorers yet it is the most appreciated by their peers because it creates a safety net for every player on the pitch and breeds confidence in attackers that they have someone who will win the ball back if they make a mistake so they can take greater risks to try and score. It also breeds confidence in the defence that they have a wall infront of them that the opposition have to get around in order to get at them in a 1v1 situation meaning they can focus on runners rather than ball carriers.

None of Neves, Moutinho or Dendoncker offer us that type of player but Palhihna does and he is exceptionally good at it as well and discounting the likes of Rodri, Fabinho, Casemiro etc who are already at big Champions League teams performing the same role, Palhihna is the best out there that we could realistically sign and thanks to Mendes at a great price too.

Neves is leaving, it's blatantly obvious that he needs it for his career, we need it to finance our summer and mendes needs it to allow him to move several clients around this summer so can we stop bashing our soon to be new player.

Regarding Fulham there is no chance of that, last week they supposedly wanted Al-Musrati, this week they supposedly want Palhihna. Next week they will supposedly want a DM from Ligue 1 and so on, it's just paper talk because they pulled the trigger on saying Palhihna to Wolves too soon as they thought he would have been announced by now so they need an excuse to make it look like something has held up the deal rather than that they have no actual primary source on the deal and had just ripped palhihna to wolves off another paper in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom