Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
What are the odds that we have no new arrivals when the players return for pre-season training in a couple of weeks ? A squad that is already short and doesn’t score goals .
I just don’t know where we are going .Just prove me wrong but get on with it .
Silence is not golden .

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Like chappie said below your post. You can either trust or not.
But for sure people are entitled to question the validity of moaning about Wolves transfer business 3 days in. It goes both ways.
I think we as fans can feel the importance of the next few weeks. With so much upheaval at the club, our sense of stability is eroding.
We moan for the same reason we moan at Raul when he puts one straight at the keeper. It's not that he's failed, it's that we know and we feel he can do better.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand the reasoning behind selling Neves, but I think we need more than Palhinha.

I dont see enough rumours about us selling Traore, Dendonker and Gibbs-White. They should raise £50-£60m between them.

That would be enough to fund Ramos, Almeida, Palhinha and Carmo. However, we are probably more likely to settle for Palhinha, a couple of 30 year olds, and a Japanese winger.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My invention?
Where have i said we are broke ?
Those peanuts that you speak of would buy seferovic and half palhinha. Nice peanuts to have.

You just said others said it in this post. I said, nobody has said we’re broke. Read the accounts and then make your points.

Well others are saying we are broke even now. Im not saying spash 80 + million , but we should be able to spend 25 million that should be a given every season before selling our stars. Then reinvest the neves cash in players to turn a profit.
Ffs last seasons gate receipts would buy seferovic and half a palhinha.

Last edited by a moderator:

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score
I'll just point out that the team that finished second in the PL need to sell to buy too. Nunez is being funded by Mane, Minamino, Origi, and Oxlade Chamberlain.
Origi has left on a free at the end of his contract. Nothing to do with sell to buy.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of interest, what is it about Marc Rocca that would make him a really impressive signing? I like to think I know a bit about European footballers but he’s never really crossed my radar.
All you need to know is that another team outside of the Sky 6 have signed him so he's instantly a great signing and just the type of player we should have signed

And if the aforementioned team buying him have signed two players or more of similar ilk they are now doing what is known as "bits"

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last season seemed like an in between season, not prepared to get anyone in, not bothered where we finished, just get through it. We need a big shake up in first team, we'll struggle otherwise.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Origi has left on a free at the end of his contract. Nothing to do with sell to buy.
lol..ok then, obviously not selling players to buy them.Have you heard the word pedantic before?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Broke even. Ffs

Jeez man, read the ****ing accounts before talking.

Our gate receipts were 12m in the last year before the pandemic. Our wage bill in the last year was 139m. So guess what, our gate receipts cover less than 10% of our wages. The rest is covered by tv and commercial income. You’re rambling on about gate receipts buying more players FFS.

In last years accounts, after tax, we posted a 144m profit. That sounds great until you realise that 126m of this was Fosun writing off the debt Wolves owed them. Strip that out, and we made an 18m profit. That’s it, the remaining money left for fees and annual wages. Assume a player comes in on 50-60k per week, and that leaves 15m to spend on a transfer fee. Yes you could amortise this over the length of contract, but rem Ed that you have to pay it every year. So all things being equal, if you amortised that over 3 years to buy a 40-50m player, then that’s the only player you can buy for 3 years without either selling someone or growing your income further.if instead you spent maybe 15m, then you could buy a similar price player in each of those three years, assuming you could cover the wages for all three. And guess what, that’s about what our transfer budget looks like without selling players like Traore or Neves.

We’re not broke, we’re just living within our means.

Last edited:

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score
lol..ok then, obviously not selling players to buy them.Have you heard the word pedantic before?
I have yeah, But i wasn't the one a few posts below giving marks of10/10 for observation.

Just making a point that he wasn't sold. As @WickedWolfie has pointed out his wages can be redirected in the same way as Saiss, Marcal's and Ruddy

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I have yeah, But i wasn't the one a few posts below giving marks of10/10 for observation.

Just making a point that he wasn't sold. As @WickedWolfie has pointed out his wages can be redirected in the same way as Saiss, Marcal's and Ruddy
That is sarcasm. Completely different..... ;)

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, and that's pretty much how Leicester work, selling McGuire to moneybags United, funding their whole rebuild. Tielemans will go for double what they paid. We need a more expansive way of playing to show off our forwards who like full backs seem to go for top £££.
Leicester have always kept Vardy though, their most important asset.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jeez man, read the ****ing accounts before talking.

Our gate receipts were 12m in the last year before the pandemic. Our wage bill in the last year was 139m. So guess what, our gate receipts cover less than 10% of our wages. The rest is covered by tv and commercial income. You’re rambling on about gate receipts buying more players FFS.
Guess what our income is far more than our outgoings.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guess what our income is far more than our outgoings.

No it’s not. Read my updated post. It’s 18m higher. That’s all.

In last years accounts, after tax, we posted a 144m profit. That sounds great until you realise that 126m of this was Fosun writing off the debt Wolves owed them. Strip that out, and we made an 18m profit. That’s it, the remaining money left for fees and annual wages. Assume a player comes in on 50-60k per week, that’s 2-3m per year, so that leaves 15m to spend on a transfer fee. Yes you could amortise this over the length of contract, but remember that you have to pay it every year. So all things being equal, if you amortised that over 3 years to buy a 40-50m player, then that’s the only player you can buy for 3 years without either selling someone or growing your income further. If instead you spent maybe 15m, then you could buy a similar price player in each of those three years, assuming you could cover the wages for all three. And guess what, that’s about what our transfer budget looks like without selling players like Traore or Neves.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kante was their most important IMO, him and Mahrez were world class, Vardy was then but maybe not now? Wonder how much they got for breaking up that title winning team? Drinkwater was 30m or something?!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll just point out that the team that finished second in the PL need to sell to buy too. Nunez is being funded by Mane, Minamino, Origi, and Oxlade Chamberlain.
But they're signing Nunez now.

Isn't this the whole point? Most of us accept it will be sell to buy. It's the waiting for Neves to go before we sell that's the issue. We all know he's going, so get the players in.

Liverpool have done it as they prepare to sell the players you list.

Leeds are probably doing it as they know they'll sell Raphinha or Phillips.

It's clearly the smart thing to do because prices can go up once the big money lands, so why wouldn't we do it? IMO only because you're so scared Neves might not get sold, but that's a worry in itself.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Isn't this the whole point? Most of us accept it will be sell to buy. It's the waiting for Neves to go before we sell that's the issue. We all know he's going, so get the players in.

It's clearly the smart thing to do because prices can go up once the big money lands, so why wouldn't we do it? IMO only because you're so scared Neves might not get sold, but that's a worry in itself.

The problem is making sure you have a buyer for Neves who’s willing to pay the value you think he’s worth. Barca can’t afford him. Man Utd may or may not buy him, maybe another PL club. But for how much? If you basically have a deal in place to sell Neves, then yes I agree, go out and buy the players his fee will fund. But that’s not the case yet it seems.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Remember that one exciting night last year when Renato Sanches went down to 1/20 to sign for us and we all thought that at last we had a marquee signing …god the day that followed was depressing.
We did ask for a marquee...

Attachments

• 0_Molineux-quarterPNG.png
    0_Molineux-quarterPNG.png
    685.2 KB · Views: 11

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No it’s not. Read my updated post. It’s 18m higher. That’s all.

In last years accounts, after tax, we posted a 144m profit. That sounds great until you realise that 126m of this was Fosun writing off the debt Wolves owed them. Strip that out, and we made an 18m profit. That’s it, the remaining money left for fees and annual wages. Assume a player comes in on 50-60k per week, that’s 2-3m per year, so that leaves 15m to spend on a transfer fee. Yes you could amortise this over the length of contract, but remember that you have to pay it every year. So all things being equal, if you amortised that over 3 years to buy a 40-50m player, then that’s the only player you can buy for 3 years without either selling someone or growing your income further. If instead you spent maybe 15m, then you could buy a similar price player in each of those three years, assuming you could cover the wages for all three. And guess what, that’s about what our transfer budget looks like without selling players like Traore or Neves.
What does fosun writing off the debt mean ?? If you owed me a tenner, and i said dow bother mush its only a tenner. Thats me writing off the debt of a tenner.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's really not.

It’s hard going trying to get this across to some posters! A good example is our operating profit / loss… So despite making a book 144m profit, of that 126m was an accounting transaction where Fosun wrote off debt and converted that to equity. Then excluding player sales and interest, we make an operating loss of 37m, which was an improvement on the 45m loss the prior season. So the only money the club made out of a declared profit of 144m, was entirely due to Fosun writing off debt, and net player sales. Still, that makes us better than most PL clubs.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

What i'm seeing on here is people are saying "why aren't we signing anyone now?" And that's the issue. How does anyone know on here that we aren't in the process of signing someone now? People are assuming based on what? A few ITK posters in Twitter with 10 followers?
It's madness. It would be much better for people's mental health if they actually trusted the process, which btw isn't just rock up and flash the readies with a cab in readiness to whisk the player away.
Wolves under Fosun have never been forthcoming with their transfer business, and that's is a good policy being as we are competing with quite a few clubs that have a different style of owner who are prepared to just throw cash at it.
I'd rather us get the right player, than just any player to satisfy the craving of fans who just want to "sign some ****ing players".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom