Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can win - just make well timed , good transfer decisions.

Like not loaning traore out without an obligation to buy without an incoming replacement .
But he didn't want to be here....hasn't done for 2 years..... again we couldn't force someone to buy him...there never was sufficient interest in him to move him on, else we would have done before we got desperate in January....

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky sports latest neves view

'Barcelona have been priced out of Neves deal'​

Portuguese football expert Pedro Sepulveda:
"Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves is still a target for many cubs, but we know the price the club want is not easy to bring an official bid.
"If Neves leaves Wolves, the only club that I know was going to do a formal offer was Barcelona. But we know they have financial problems, and they can't make an offer for the price Wolves want.
"They only player I think Barcelona will make a bid for is Raphinha at Leeds. Wolves are looking for between €80m-€100m so they won't accept a bid in the region of €40-£50m. We'll have to see if there is any club in Europe who will meet that asking price.
"If Wolves do eventually negotiate a deal for the sale of Neves, I'm certain that Sporting Lisbon midfielder Joao Palhinha is the player lined up to replace him."
Dont blame us at all
If Barca want him they will pay or give us the players we want
We will deal around the £70 million mark im sure,and thats a very fair price in todays market,if its Barca fine if not Man Utd seem keen

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he didn't want to be here....hasn't done for 2 years..... again we couldn't force someone to buy him...there never was sufficient interest in him to move him on, else we would have done before we got desperate in January....

Looked that way at BrentFord when he scored !

The deal is defendable . Not with how our season went downhill.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves is still a target for many cubs, but we know the price the club want is not easy to bring an official bid.
"If Neves leaves Wolves, the only club that I know was going to do a formal offer was Barcelona. But we know they have financial problems, and they can't make an offer for the price Wolves want.
"They only player I think Barcelona will make a bid for is Raphinha at Leeds. Wolves are looking for between €80m-€100m so they won't accept a bid in the region of €40-£50m. We'll have to see if there is any club in Europe who will meet that asking price.
"If Wolves do eventually negotiate a deal for the sale of Neves, I'm certain that Sporting Lisbon midfielder Joao Palhinha is the player lined up to replace him."
That's so unfair. Don't other clubs realise that Barcelona are one of, if not THE, most significant clubs in World football ? As such they need the best players playing for them. Who are we to price them out of the market for Neves ? We are simply adding to their financial woes. If other clubs do the same we'll see the end of Barcelona football club dominating Spanish and European football. That cannot be right. Its not Barca's fault that other clubs over-priced players when selling them (I'm looking at you Liverpool/Coutinho, Dortmund/Dembélé). How else can they appease their adoring fan-base except by buying the best players ? What is it that the rest of football doesn't understand about Barca's divine right to always be at football's top table ? Surely we can let them have Neves for a reasonable sum - say 2 million paid over the next 5 years ???

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Come on, be honest, how many of us expected to read a headline like that about a Wolves player in our lifetimes?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN is hot and cold but getting better he is still very young. As many said I probably expect him to be sold next summer. Angers will be happy too
I agree
He has the potential to be great,but still learning
Improved defensively no end last season,still young and looks like a star in the making, not there yet mind

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still struggling with this tbh an established premier league club has no money to buy 2 full internationals for £25 million (seferovic palhinha)

To do this we have to sell our best player, for the funds.

Where is all the money
That's like asking where the Neil Emblen money went.

On Neil Emblen.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still struggling with this tbh an established premier league club has no money to buy 2 full internationals for £25 million (seferovic palhinha)

Where is all the money
All what money? over the last 4/5 seasons we about broke even maybe a small profit

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
Wow I love Ruben and hope he stays and signs a new contract, but I have a hard time seeing a team paying £80-100M for him. If the rest of our transfer business is contingent on selling him, I don't think it would be smart to try hold out for a massive offer that might never come. Way too much work needs to be done revamping our squad.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow I love Ruben and hope he stays and signs a new contract, but I have a hard time seeing a team paying £80-100M for him. If the rest of our transfer business is contingent on selling him, I don't think it would be smart to try hold out for a massive offer that might never come. Way too much work needs to be done revamping our squad.
If we put a price tag of say £60 million then clubs will come in offering £40 or £50 million hes worth more than that,so yes i agree with clubs valuation expecting something like £70 million to be negotiated which is fair imo

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aah I get it now, after the initial investment to get us where we are, they are taking it back season on season on season and now we are broke even. Thanks.
Lol,they wrote off £150 million in loans to the club,where are they taking it back?
Just look at the accounts it isnt hard

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clearly not , but negotiations don’t start in June .

If we don’t get it done soon, for the right price , and it holds up other transfers - it doesn’t look good on sellars / wild / shi at all and their incompetence could yet again significantly impact a season
Well if you think they’re incompetent, then perhaps don’t expect anything different.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where is all the money

Totally agree, Brockmoor.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aah I get it now, after the initial investment to get us where we are, they are taking it back season on season on season and now we are broke even. Thanks.

Taking what back? Look at the books. Look at other PL clubs, and the level of debt they rack up as they continue to spend more than they get in. Everton, Brighton, all the relegated clubs… If you can’t be bothered, then don’t make comments about things you don’t know.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where is all the money

It's a load of old ****, we do have the money. But evidently, Fosun don't want too much going on transfers

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Youve never heard of him.....you were saying Norwich signings last season were impressive...

Poor response pal. I know you clearly are very supportive of Fosun and fair enough. That is your opinion but no need for digs.

The fact is other clubs are signing players now to strengthen their squads and as it stands we have signed absolutely no one. Of course I will get the same tired pant wetter etc responses from those on here who hate anything critical being said about the club but we are a few weeks from pre season training and still no new deal for Moutinho, Neves future very much up in the air, Saiss, Ruddy, Marcal gone and neither Saiss or Marcal as yet replaced.

We will see what happens but I have to be honest I am not that impressed with the total lack of anything yet.

Lets hope the coming weeks bring us all some better news with some decent and much needed additions to the squad but I never understand the need for digs.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor response pal. I know you clearly are very supportive of Fosun and fair enough. That is your opinion but no need for digs.

The fact is other clubs are signing players now to strengthen their squads and as it stands we have signed absolutely no one. Of course I will get the same tired pant wetter etc responses from those on here who hate anything critical being said about the club but we are a few weeks from pre season training and still no new deal for Moutinho, Neves future very much up in the air, Saiss, Ruddy, Marcal gone and neither Saiss or Marcal as yet replaced.

We will see what happens but I have to be honest I am not that impressed with the total lack of anything yet.

Lets hope the coming weeks bring us all some better news with some decent and much needed additions to the squad but I never understand the need for digs.
Yes I apologize....

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where is all the money
Lol, I’m old enough to remember when the E&S Wolves forum got shut down when Essex Wolf started asking where the money had gone

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
If we put a price tag of say £60 million then clubs will come in offering £40 or £50 million hes worth more than that,so yes i agree with clubs valuation expecting something like £70 million to be negotiated which is fair imo
I think it's fair also, but I'm not so sure United or Barca will come to the table for £70M either. Certainly not Barca if all the rumors about them trying to do player swap deals are correct.

It was reported last summer that Neves could be had for £35M and United were linked...a deal still didn't get done. They're a team that needs a bit of a squad refresh as well. From their perspective, spending £70M on a defensive midfielder with an unproven premier league manager feels like they would be repeating their past mistakes. Although very possible they still haven't learned...

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol, I’m old enough to remember when the E&S Wolves forum got shut down when Essex Wolf started asking where the money had gone
That was because they panicked knowing a copper was asking questions.
Anyone know what Essex is up to these days?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a carry on. I feel for Neves , he is clearly a good family man and he , his wife and children could end up anywhere at this rate .

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I'm with you Jos.
I'm crossing every extremity for some 100% solid positive news.
I'm praying that come the end of the window I can hang my head in shame for doubting and in turn let those with unwavering support for Fosun rain down the rotten fruit and insults upon my little chubby face.
I want to be proven wrong. To lose Neves before signing a single player of note will render my pants wet knowing that sellers is writing beg letters to Jeff to give him a 5er to go down the sweet shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom