Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree to a certain extent, his performances last season probably have earned him a shot and he can’t really be any worse than hwang or trincao so we’ve nothing to lose.

However I’d rather we signed a goal scoring attacker proven at the top level.
I would sell Gibbs to get guedes, if we couldnt raise the money through other areas ....I dont see Gibbs fitting in if we still play 3-4-3 ...

For me the first 11 needs palhinha, guedes, and a good centre back before it needs Gibbs ...if we have to sacrifice Gibbs to get one of those we need to do it...

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He played Right wing in a 343 most of last season till they went 352 near the end
I nw he did in the championship...guedes or Gibbs for me isn't even an argument...I see podence as better than Gibbs.....

If someone has offered 20/25m fir Gibbs 12 months ago we would have snapped there hands off.....we have gapping holes in the first team and Gibbs doesn't fill one for me.....if we had endless money then yes keep him....if we don't sell neves we will need to sell Gibbs. .

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said before MGW really needs to prove himself in the prem, he has had more than enough chances. The gulf between the championship and prem is growing every year, i mean bonatini was scoring for fun in that league

MGW looked like one of our better players in the end of the season under Nuno to me. Him and Vitinha was our only Bright spark in the team. How neither was here next season was disappointing

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like Palhinha is only a matter of time then, which means Neves will be off. The former isn't a bad player but it definitely represents a downgrade, he's nowhere near as good on the ball as Neves but does possess many similar off the ball attributes and is arguably a bit more combative.

If we get a discount from Sporting and the fee is around €20million then expect the figure for Neves' move to be lower than what we'd perhaps want.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree.

Guo gets no **** even though he's the final decision maker! He's the organ grinder yet we incorrectly jump straight at the monkeys when it's the wrong tune.

We've always done it to be fair. ****ed Jez over when sir Jack was having a wobble and the same with Morgan.
But I feel more secure with Guo and Mendes , than I did with our previous owners.
A combination of financial depth and football knowledge .
These two have the basics that any succesful club need , but obviously it is their discretionary choices that we cant guarantee.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like Palhinha is only a matter of time then, which means Neves will be off. The former isn't a bad player but it definitely represents a downgrade, he's nowhere near as good on the ball as Neves but does possess many similar off the ball attributes and is arguably a bit more combative.

If we get a discount from Sporting and the fee is around €20million then expect the figure for Neves' move to be lower than what we'd perhaps want.
Everyone was convinced Sa was a downgrade last season. Let’s just see what happens. I wouldn’t want to try and replace Neves like for like, I want a player who can come in and help change our approach and style of play

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In a way this forum is becoming a parody of everything Sellars said- to genuinely guarantee making big steps would take ludicrous money for a couple of places in the table

Try to sign Palhinha and Nunes and they might be a step up from Neves and Moutinho or they might be a step down- there are arguments on both sides.

Morgan vs Podence again arguments on both sides.

Trincao vs Adama vs Guedes again arguments for each one depending on which side of the bed you woke up on.

We would need to spend £150 mill on three players for some fans to be happy and even then a few poor games and they will become the next Fabio Silva trotted out at every opportunity to beat the club up with.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there is a place for both Gibbs-White and Podence instead of Trincao, Traore and possibly Hwang.
I agree .....all I was saying is we are desperate for first team 11 players.....neves doesn't leave and we need to raise money traore , donk and Gibbs may need to be sacrificed to do it.......how frustrating is it that last summer we could have got botman for 25m who walks into the team and nw people are scared of losing Gibbs for 20/25m and he doesn't walk into the team even when we are short.....

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone was convinced Sa was a downgrade last season. Let’s just see what happens. I wouldn’t want to try and replace Neves like for like, I want a player who can come in and help change our approach and style of play
I don't think many had watched Sa play in all truth, unless we have some Greek league enthusiasts among us which would be surprising!

But yes, nothing is a given.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree .....all I was saying is we are desperate for first team 11 players.....neves doesn't leave and we need to raise money traore , donk and Gibbs may need to be sacrificed to do it.......how frustrating is it that last summer we could have got botman for 25m who walks into the team and nw people are scared of losing Gibbs for 20/25m and he doesn't walk into the team even when we are short.....
Going to be an interesting window disco

The club can’t let the fans and Bruno down again

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
I can see nobody coming in for Neves.. If Barcelona don't want him and Man Utd sign De Jong, then what?

I think a lot of Wolves fans have gold tinted glasses where Neves is concerned. He's a fantastic player for a club at our level, and a legend forever at our club. But could easily find himself warming the bench at a top level European team..

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see nobody coming in for Neves.. If Barcelona don't want him and Man Utd sign De Jong, then what?

I think a lot of Wolves fans have gold tinted glasses where Neves is concerned. He's a fantastic player for a club at our level, and a legend forever at our club. But could easily find himself warming the bench at a top level European team..
No chance we're signing Palhinha and keeping Neves though. Long way to go in the window yet and Menses will be drumming up interest in him.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would sell Gibbs to get guedes, if we couldnt raise the money through other areas ....I dont see Gibbs fitting in if we still play 3-4-3 ...

For me the first 11 needs palhinha, guedes, and a good centre back before it needs Gibbs ...if we have to sacrifice Gibbs to get one of those we need to do it...
Sorry but totally disagree. MGW scores and assists, he is one of ours and he should play. We do need other changes but not at his expense, imo.
Edit. Just seen this been done to death so apologies for repetition disco.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Said before MGW really needs to prove himself in the prem, he has had more than enough chances. The gulf between the championship and prem is growing every year, i mean bonatini was scoring for fun in that league

Completely agree, take mitrovic for example, breaking goal scoring records in the championship yet consistently struggles in the prem. I hope MGW gets a decent chance and that he makes the step up (we’d be talking about a £30/40m player this time next year if he did) I just think it’s a bit naive to presume he’s going to perform based on last season when the gap in quality between leagues is so vast.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but totally disagree. MGW scores and assists, he is one of ours and he should play. We do need other changes but not at his expense, imo.
I hope I'm wrong....we haven't got the funds for other changes.....that's all I'm saying....money was no option I agree.....I think cundle may turn into a better player than Gibbs , having watched them both from a younger age...off course cundle is a bit behind at the minute......got no problem with Gibbs but I do have a problem with our central midfield and our defence, and would take a good player in either position over Gibbs at the minute....I hope it works for Gibbs, but can see Oct Nov if we are struggling, Gibbs being a scapegoat and people saying why didn't we sell him...

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong....we haven't got the funds for other changes.....that's all I'm saying....money was no option I agree.....I think cundle may turn into a better player than Gibbs , having watched them both from a younger age...off course cundle is a bit behind at the minute......got no problem with Gibbs but I do have a problem with our central midfield and our defence, and would take a good player in either position over Gibbs at the minute....I hope it works for Gibbs, but can see Oct Nov if we are struggling, Gibbs being a scapegoat and people saying why didn't we sell him...
See my edit.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For what it's worth I think Palhinha and Nunes would be an upgrade on Moutinho and Neves - providing much more defintion, bite and forward drive to our midfield.

I think Morgan would be an upgrade on both Podence and Dendoncker in the current formation (on the right of the front three breaking from midfield) and could be pivotal if we switched formation and moved him to a ten.

I think Guedes would offer the goal threat that Trincao and Traore sorely lacked.

If the club pulls off those deals, they are big improvements in my eyes. But plenty of people have already rubbished them. I genuinely don't know who people think we should be targeting if they think those we are targeting are rubbish.

Literally the top of the Mendes stable are Rafael Leao and Darwin Nunez who would probably both be €100m!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first question is will he sign a contract.......if he doesn't that changes the situation..
You are definitely correct on that! I just feel it would be great to see him have a stormer for us in the PL after his (and our) ups and downs. I hate to say it but this window will be smoother if Ruben goes for loadsa money

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who says we could have got botman for 25m? Did he even want to come?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are definitely correct on that! I just feel it would be great to see him have a stormer for us in the PL after his (and our) ups and downs. I hate to say it but this window will be smoother if Ruben goes for loadsa money
Agree......Ruben goes ....we bring in Nunes and palhinha... .traore goes we bring in guedes ......I don't see Gibbs signing a contract.... wouldn't blame him ..but that's the way I see it ..

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guo is not part of the Wolves Board and not a decision maker regarding signings. The Fosun Board will approve the Fosun Sports Groups total budget and strategy but not individual player purchases.
Legacy fans & new will be able to own part of Wolves via Fosun Sports Groups lol

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo, Caleta-Car, Carmo, RAN
Nunes, Palhinha, Gonzalez
Guedes, Raul, Neto
Subs: Sarkic, Jonny, Coady, Kilman, Moutinho, MGW, Chiquinho, Podence, Fabio

With the option to switch to…

Sa
Caleta-Car, Coady, Carmo
Semedo, Palhinha, Nunes, RAN
Guedes, Raul, Neto

…largely funded by the sales of Neves, Dendoncker, Adama and Boly would be amazing…

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo, Caleta-Car, Carmo, RAN
Nunes, Palhinha, Gonzalez
Guedes, Raul, Neto
Subs: Sarkic, Jonny, Coady, Kilman, Moutinho, MGW, Chiquinho, Podence, Fabio

With the option to switch to…

Sa
Caleta-Car, Coady, Carmo
Semedo, Palhinha, Nunes, RAN
Guedes, Raul, Neto

…largely funded by the sales of Neves, Dendoncker, Adama and Boly would be amazing…
Kilman is a better CB than both new options you've listed in my opinion, certainly better than Carmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom