Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really dont want Neves to go but if we get Nunes and Palhinha that will be a huge sweetener. I can even see Dendoncker being sold. Could be a completely new central midfield next season if Moutinho doesnt sign a new deal. The fact that Palhinha and Nunes already play together would be a huge bonus if we have to rebuild the central midfield completely.

Zinchenko would also be a superb signing. Watched him in central midfield for Ukraine and he looks excellent.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really dont want Neves to go but if we get Nunes and Palhinha that will be a huge sweetener. I can even see Dendoncker being sold. Could be a completely new central midfield next season if Moutinho doesnt sign a new deal. The fact that Palhinha and Nunes already play together would be a huge bonus if we have to rebuild the central midfield completely.

Zinchenko would also be a superb signing. Watched him in central midfield for Ukraine and he looks excellent.
I think you are a trifle optimistic JOS...

Has someone hacked your account?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes doesn't look that great on the YouTube clips I've got to be honest..... But they really do misrepresent talent. Looks like a battler though, and I go on reputation more than YouTube.... So a midfield with Palhinha would be a tough mobile midfield pairing that's all I can go on and would be happy.
Remember not knowing anything about Neves before we signed him just that he was an up and coming quality CM.......

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. So why sell him ? You therefore agree the squad quality will go backwards ? As I’ve said it’s just balancing the books and not proper investment
Because he is now in the same situation as Adama was last summer.....

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. So why sell him ? You therefore agree the squad quality will go backwards ? As I’ve said it’s just balancing the books and not proper investment
2 years left on his contract and he probably wants to go.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I the only one to think that the names mentioned so far are no
Improvement on what we already have ? I understand the re jigging of a squad but only if it’s better than the one it’s replaced
We are in the process of gradually making ourselves worse. People will be happy though because SIGNINGS.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It`ll be a long hot summer this.
Where´s my very old 12 record by the Style Council?
Haven´t played it for years..as long as I don´t have to watch the video..

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
what I hate about the rumours and window are the trolls who post deliberate misinformation just to wind up the readers …like just read a post saying Palinha has signed for Fulham because Wolves dithered.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
what I hate about the rumours and window are the trolls who post deliberate misinformation just to wind up the readers …like just read a post saying Palinha has signed for Fulham because Wolves dithered.
The bold text carries far more hatred

Reaction score
I can’t believe that after seeing how Neves was on the pitch after the final home game, people think that his mind isn’t already made up. He’s going to leave this summer and I think it’s what’s best for all parties, if he stays his value will decrease and we won’t get what he’s worth (I just hope he goes abroad, couldn’t bare seeing him at another prem team).

What’s important is how we replace him, palhinha and nunes (unlikely I know) would probably be the best possible outcome for us IMO.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some people just like to moan. Complain if we do sign anyone, complain if we don't sign anyone. Pathetic.
And others chase "likes" and spend most of their day posting on here, posters calling other fans "pathetic" need to take a hard look at themselves.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Mendes can somehow facilitate Neves going to Barca for say £40m with Nico Gonzalez coming our way on loan with a view to a permanent AND Wolves get Nunes and Palhinha for the same amount, that is exactly the reshuffle we needed in midfield. I would absolutely hate to see Neves go, but ultimately it's clear he's wanted to go for a while, and Barca would be the perfect match for him, and we wouldn't have to grimace at watching him play for one of the 'big six'.

That being said, I imagine the Gonzalez and Nunes rumours are farfetched, but Palhinha has clearly been lined up as Neves's replacement for a long time (going back to last year when there was bids for Neves). Just dreaming of this happening and Wolves also getting Guedes from Valencia on the cheap given their FFP issues:

Jimenez/Silva
Guedes/Hwang - Podence/MGW - Neto/Chiquinho
Palhinha/Dendoncker - Nunes/Gonzalez
Jonny/RAN - Kilman/Boly - ??/Coady - Semedo/Jonny
Sa/Sarkic
Not sure who the other CB would be, ideally a proven right footed centre back that isn't a snail and has experience playing in a four.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Mendes can somehow facilitate Neves going to Barca for say £40m with Nico Gonzalez coming our way on loan with a view to a permanent AND Wolves get Nunes and Palhinha for the same amount, that is exactly the reshuffle we needed in midfield. I would absolutely hate to see Neves go, but ultimately it's clear he's wanted to go for a while, and Barca would be the perfect match for him, and we wouldn't have to grimace at watching him play for one of the 'big six'.

That being said, I imagine the Gonzalez and Nunes rumours are farfetched, but Palhinha has clearly been lined up as Neves's replacement for a long time (going back to last year when there was bids for Neves). Just dreaming of this happening and Wolves also getting Guedes from Valencia on the cheap given their FFP issues:

Jimenez/Silva
Sa/Sarkic
Not sure who the other CB would be, ideally a proven right footed centre back that isn't a snail and has experience playing in a four.
OMG that side is dreamland.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

And others chase "likes" and spend most of their day posting on here, posters calling other fans "pathetic" need to take a hard look at themselves.
What do you want? Messi, Ronaldo and Mbappe? Literally complaining that we aren't doing bits then complaining when we do bits.
You epitomise the saying "you can't please everyone".

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A nice dig once again. l certainly don't have to explain myself to you.

For what it's worth though some on here are aware that l had ankle ligament surgery at the end of last month. I will be in a cast until at least early July, unable to put any weight on my right foot for the same period, and am signed off work too. I haven't, with the exception of hospital appointments done by ambulance as l have to keep my leg elevated, left my house since the operation.

Am l bored out of my tiny? Hell yes. Am l on here more? Yes. Do l need your approval or permission? Like hell.

Oh, the pathetic "seeking likes" line has been used before too....

Reaction score
Shocked how many people have MGW walking straight into their ideal team after a good championship season. Needs to prove himself at the top level, could find himself in and out of the team for a while if he doesn’t find his feet quickly

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jimenez/Silva
Sa/Sarkic
David carmo I would go for at centre back...left footed like kilman but good in the air...... I would sell donk and keep mouthiho for a year.....raising the money for a centre back

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For what it's worth though some on here are aware that l had ankle ligament surgery at the end of last month. I will be in a cast until at least early July, unable to put any weight on my right foot for the same period, and am signed off work too. I haven't, with the exception of hospital appointments done by ambulance as l have to keep my leg elevated, left my house since the operation.

Am l bored out of my tiny? Hell yes. Am l on here more? Yes. Do l need your approval or permission? Like hell.

In fairness a prolific poster prior to your surgery, guess wfh.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ben Mee available on a free ...... homegrown could be worth a deal for competition...
That's a really interesting shout. Havent thought about Ben Mee, really like him. Honest, solid pro. Guess I always saw him as a fixture at Burnley. Now they are down he might be up for one last pay day.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Pretty poor excuse. I don't think you have a leg to stand on.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
David carmo I would go for at centre back...left footed like kilman but good in the air...... I would sell donk and keep mouthiho for a year.....raising the money for a centre back

It certainly shouldn't dissuade them if they can find a quality left footed centre half, Kilman has shown he can play on the right as well as he's quite two footed. Proven quality and experience in a back four are definitely the most important factors. Carmo, like Inacio who we've also been linked with, have both been primarily playing in back fives so if Lage is committed to implementing the system he had at Benfica (back four with wingbacks pressing very high), then I would really prefer they went after a more proven commodity, because the centre backs will be far more exposed, it's why I think they really want Palhinha, he's far more athletic than Neves and better defensively.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I the only one to think that the names mentioned so far are no
Improvement on what we already have ? I understand the re jigging of a squad but only if it’s better than the one it’s replaced
I'm sure I saw a slightly positive post from you the other day. Did someone hack your account??? If so you've done well to get rid of them as quickly as possible. You don't want people getting the wrong idea about you!!!!

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Ben Mee available on a free ...... homegrown could be worth a deal for competition...
Wholly improbable, but I’m not anti this in any way.

Many would have scoffed at signing Craig Dawson when he went to West Ham and he’s done brilliantly. You need those types of players in the match day squad who you can call on to do a job in the starting XI.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wholly improbable, but I’m not anti this in any way.

Many would have scoffed at signing Craig Dawson when he went to West Ham and he’s done brilliantly. You need those types of players in the match day squad who you can call on to do a job in the starting XI.
Yep on a free too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom