Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sure we never had it as good ……. Yawn!!! If you accept mediocre at best past 4 years then I suggest you renew your season ticket down the hawthorns. We make 200 mil on tv rights yet fosun take most of it. Take off your 4 seasons ago glasses !!!

We have to replace 4 players already ruddy etc in an already depleted squad outside of the upgrade the team that should of happened years ago
Could you clarify how Fosun take most of it please?

And then how their writing off the £100m+ loan figures into this way of thinking?

Last edited:

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends what script you mean
We have made profits and therefore money is there
I totally understand we are a sell to buy club,but that doesnt mean every signing has to be covered by a sale either,just any big signings
Making a profit is fine but it doesn't mean the club can spend it, that money is probably in China now.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Real Mallorca supposedly very interested. £10-15m about right now I think.
If I was a football club owner I think the risk buying Jimenez even at £10m would be too much of a gamble for a bloke who has forgotten where the net is. There are plenty of players around where the risk is minimal and the prospect of goals far higher.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends what script you mean
We have made profits and therefore money is there
I totally understand we are a sell to buy club,but that doesnt mean every signing has to be covered by a sale either,just any big signings
I agree with this. I think it is more about the negotiating position, particularly from the agent's point of view, rather than just the clubs.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

What part of the accounts shows the payments we are making to China?
Even you can't be that trusting, I did say probably as I have no idea where money ends up and neither do you but I'm simply saying making a profit for Wolves is a profit for Fosun not necessarily for the football club. I doubt if many big companies' accounts are close to the truth that's why they employ clever accountants.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I guess there is always a chance he stays but it does seem remote. I would hope that if he has no takers this summer that they are able to extend the contract to maximise sale value for the coming windows. What we must not do though is go into next year with a midfield of neves moutinho and donk. The last 2 years is evidence enough that there are not enough legs and pace with that combination.
I have a very unrealistic hope he signs a new deal with a promise of a release clause or something so he can leave next year if he wants. I know funds would be used for the squad but i'd like to think we could have one year of some sensible expenditure and some more minor sales to help, a couple of good mendes loan-to-buys to get the squad in better shape, without blowing the self sustainability to shreds.

He deserves a move to a club he wants to go to, but it has to be a good deal for the club.

But yes, major concern he doesn't go and doesnt sign a contract

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even you can't be that trusting, I did say probably as I have no idea where money ends up and neither do you but I'm simply saying making a profit for Wolves is a profit for Fosun not necessarily for the football club. I doubt if many big companies' accounts are close to the truth that's why they employ clever accountants.

I would imagine as a UK Limited company, Wolves probably have their own bank account!

Yes, accountants can do clever things. But siphoning money back to China for Guo to use as a cash-machine won't be one of them.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would the club sign palhinha, until neves has gone ...we've got enough defensive midfielders until someone leaves.....if Barcelona haven't got the money , then neves may not leave.....a loan for Nico Gonzalez would make the numbers up...we don't necessarily need to spend 25m on one.....

If we are demanding 60/70m then I would rule Barcelona out the equation...

Last edited:

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your right to a degree,no one knows for sure where the money goes or how accurate accounts are
You do forget Fosun wrote off £150 million in loans to the club only last season
Have already spent over £150 million of their capital to get us where we are
So exactly how do you get to them syphoning money off the top?

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The other factor we probably underestimate, because most of us don't undertake such transactions regularly, is that when you are dealing with sums of 10s of millions the timing of a payment, whether actual or contractual, can be crucial to final cost. It's not the same as a house purchase, which is probably the biggest expenditure we will incur in private life.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's fraud mate, and that's also why companies get audited.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Fosun Sports own Wolves. It's a separate arm to Fosun international. Just like Club med is a separate arm.
The sports group will run itself without major intervention from the main company, only keeping in touch to discuss any matters arising.
I'm sure Guo isn't calling Jeff every week asking him to "bung him a few quid" out of the till.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Making a profit is fine but it doesn't mean the club can spend it, that money is probably in China now.

My God, you've cracked the case!

To think we wasted time with professional auditors and detailed accounts, when you can sniff out the fraud from such distance. It's genius really, the way Fosun spent £30m to buy the club, ~£150m to get out of the chump, and are now putting their cunning plan to siphon off a small enough amount of money for it not to be noticeable.

And they'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you!

1654682267789.png

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My God, you've cracked the case!

To think we wasted time with professional auditors and detailed accounts, when you can sniff out the fraud from such distance. It's genius really, the way Fosun spent £30m to buy the club, ~£150m to get out of the chump, and are now putting their cunning plan to siphon off a small enough amount of money for it not to be noticeable.

And they've have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you!

View attachment 28271
I suspect it's like the plot of Superman 2. Every abandoned half penny out of the booking fee is going to Fosun. Very clever, but now they've been caught, thanks to some impressive sleuthing work.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The other factor we probably underestimate, because most of us don't undertake such transactions regularly, is that when you are dealing with sums of 10s of millions the timing of a payment, whether actual or contractual, can be crucial to final cost. It's not the same as a house purchase, which is probably the biggest expenditure we will incur in private life.

Exchange rate a big factor too.

If Sporting want €30m for Palhinha, when the exchange rate is 1.17 to the £, that's £25.64m, when it's 1.18 to the £, that's £25.42m, a £200k saving.

Obviously paying in instalments will average this out, so less of an issue longer term.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Sure we never had it as good ……. Yawn!!! If you accept mediocre at best past 4 years then I suggest you renew your season ticket down the hawthorns. We make 200 mil on tv rights yet fosun take most of it. Take off your 4 seasons ago glasses !!!

We have to replace 4 players already ruddy etc in an already depleted squad outside of the upgrade the team that should of happened years ago
Clown.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Percy saying we want 70m for Neves despite him confirming he's likely to move on. It's hard to imagine who's going to throw that kind of money at us.
which , if its barca , is great for FFP as we will have Trincao valued at 25m a.n.other at 25m and then barca stump up 20m cash. Plus Adama returns only to leave again! Perhaps we move Trincao straight on to sporting? All guess work but Barca have no money and loads of players so its not unlikely. Thats where I would guess players will end up coming from.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the talk is the club want to bring in a third striker alongside Raul and Silva.
So what do they consider Hwang to be ?Sensible answers only please :)
Not very good , evidently.

He is ok in a two I would guess. He isnt a wide in a 3 player.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would the club sign palhinha, until neves has gone ...we've got enough defensive midfielders until someone leaves.....if Barcelona haven't got the money , then neves may not leave.....a loan for Nico Gonzalez would make the numbers up...we don't necessarily need to spend 25m on one.....

If we are demanding 60/70m then I would rule Barcelona out the equation...
Because palinha would replace mouts.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't be disappointed with him tbh

And may bring the best out of Hwang after their time together at Salzburg... if Raul can play the Haaland role the two of them could feed of him like they did in Austria

How much of that teams success was down to Haaland alone is debateable though
Fabio will play the haaland role :D

Neto stronger winger than minamino

And tbh id rather see chiquinho then hwang atm.

RE salzburg, think they were high on confidence and morale playing good football, but haaland made them especially potent

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Matt Maher is currently the E and S Wolves reporter while Liam Keen is on holiday.

Maher is a Tesco’s fan and their usual reporter.

I’d wait until Liam returns for more positive transfer news (hopefully) JOS.
I'd rather us not have an E and S reporter at all than one of them reporting on us

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You've got to give Liverpool credit. They signed Minamino for £7.25m in January 2020 by triggering a release fee. After two and a half years of being a bit part player and a loan to Southampton they reportedly want £17m. And someone will pay it.

Is he good enough for Wolves? I don't know. I've seen him play occasionally and he looks okay, but is that because he plays with Salah, Mane, Firmino, etc.

Still, it's fun to have a new transfer link.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves to corner the Asia market by taking a S.Korean, Japanese major International players.
All we need is China's best player and maybe India's and Pakistan's top player and we've made it.
Imaging how many E-shirt can be sold on back of this (millions at £9.99 a top) which can then be passed onto Wolves FC and help with the FFP through Fosun Sports.
What visionary thought of this plan.... genius!

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves to corner the Asia market by taking a S.Korean, Japanese major International players.
All we need is China's best player and maybe India's and Pakistan's top player and we've made it.
Imaging how many E-shirt can be sold on back of this (millions at £9.99 a top) which can then be passed onto Wolves FC and help with the FFP through Fosun Sports.
Sarcasm?

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love to have Son here, but that's only gonna happen when he hits about 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom