Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member sbk12944

IMO after the Silva transfer we won't pay anything over the £20m "ish" range going forward, so if we are linked to anyone that will likely cost more than that It would probably be better to dismiss that rumour as what it probably is, just a rumour.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also from that article looks like luis campos is overseeing psg signings. Mendes’ mate

Which is what I can’t get my head around - Mendes promises to help Fosun but with neves going and palhinha lined up to come in, would he scupper that as soon as psg get involved?

It’s so far off the normal club transfer plan it’s mad. We’re completely beholden to Mendes’ carousel never mind Fosun backing

That’s not necessarily a moan because we get to watch good players of course but still Bruno must have no idea who he’s actually going to be coaching next season

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves bid €35m
Sporting demand €45m
Deal collapses
Jeff says, "We tried..."
A year later player signs for Man City
Rinse. Repeat...
I understand the principle of not being held to ransom. We do seem to have a ridiculous hit ratio of players we are heavily linked with turning out to be world.class though!

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand the principle of not being held to ransom. We do seem to have a ridiculous hit ratio of players we are heavily linked with turning out to be world.class though!

Yeah Dias and Tapsoba spring to mind, no doubt Botman will become the next Van Dijk cos we wouldn't pay that little bit extra, 35 mill for a 17 year old kid is fine though

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah Dias and Tapsoba spring to mind, no doubt Botman will become the next Van Dijk cos we wouldn't pay that little bit extra, 35 mill for a 17 year old kid is fine though
Exactly.

I'd have a love more sympathy for our approach if we hadn't spent the Jota money on the wrong horse.

Reactions: Ian

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I think the haggling thing will be as much about wages as transfer fee. The likes of Dias were probably asking for higher wages than Moutinho etc. Not a problem in itself but means everyone else wants a payrise.

It's bloody annoying though!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also from that article looks like luis campos is overseeing psg signings. Mendes’ mate

Which is what I can’t get my head around - Mendes promises to help Fosun but with neves going and palhinha lined up to come in, would he scupper that as soon as psg get involved?

It’s so far off the normal club transfer plan it’s mad. We’re completely beholden to Mendes’ carousel never mind Fosun backing

That’s not necessarily a moan because we get to watch good players of course but still Bruno must have no idea who he’s actually going to be coaching next season

I could see Neves to PSG.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly that reading article - Looks like we’re haggling. I know we can’t be held to ransom but ffs please just get this done wolves…..

French club puts the midfielder back on the list of targets for the closed season and interest spurs English competitors. Luís Campos' entry as sports advisor will be an asset for the deal to be done. Wolverhampton is in the running but has to up the ante to compete with PSG's financial cushion.

João Palhinha is on PSG's radar, an interest that could decisively influence the future of the Sporting midfielder and accelerate the departure of the player from Alvalade. During the late afternoon of Saturday, "Goal" and "Foot-Sur7" said that the French champion is pleased with the profile of João Palhinha for the midfield, following the news from "Tuttomercato" and "Le Parisien" that report a real revolution in midfield in Paris.

Palhinha has always been in the sights of the French and, in November, O JOGO reported how the number 6 entered the Parisians' equation, at a time when the athlete dazzled in an exhibition after being champion for Sporting, a goal he had outlined in his career.

At the time, Sporting was barely available to negotiate, but now the scenario is different, as he believes that Palhinha can be the big summer fit, after Nuno Mendes was bought by PSG, and that Ugarte secures the position. The renewed interest in Palhinha is directly linked to the arrival of Luís Campos as a sports advisor, which could facilitate the deal, as the Portuguese is well aware of the midfielder's characteristics and wants a more feisty PSG, believing that Sporting's "6" transport it to the field.

The project pleases João Palhinha and also because of PSG's financial capacity, those interested in England know that they have to hurry. As O GAME realized, Wolverhampton is the closest to signing the 26-year-old, waving a proposal of 24 M€, but knows that he will have to raise the stakes in the coming days, at least up to 30 million, to convince Sporting to release him.

PSG's financial strength requires Bruno Lage's club to improve the negotiation to close the transfer. Everton, Tottenham, At. Madrid, Leverkusen are competitors, who have not come forward with proposals so far.

Danilo runs the risk of being sold

There is a huge uncertainty regarding the future of PSG, starting with the coach and, consequently, with regard to the squad. In France, it is written that most midfielders will be able to leave the club. Paredes, Gueye, Herrera and the Portuguese Danilo Pereira will be
Smells to me of Sporting trying to get more money out of us by using the local rag to pretend a big club is interested. If psg were really after him it wouldn't matter if we matched their offer

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Tapsoba one annoys me but it was more down to the players agent. He advised him that he’d be better off moving to Germany over us or Leicester (who had both sent scouts to see him multiple times), because he’d have a better chance of getting regular game time. It’s a shame because we could’ve got him from Vitoria for around £15m and now he’d likely cost anywhere between £30-45m.

All about trying to find the next one of him now and being able to act on it.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The trouble is, if we do get forced into paying more for a player there will be those who go on about it for the next three years as an example of Shi and Sellers ineptitude, irrespective of the quality of the player in question. The fee for Semedo is still a bone of contention for some, but of course there would have been uproar if we had been linked with him and then not prepared to pay the asking price. Unless it is a 25 goal return from a forward, I suspect whatever we pay for a player they will struggle to convince everyone they were worth it, but if we refuse to pay over the odds it will be "small time Jeff".

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least we have some negotiating power with Sporting over the Vinagre fee and the sell on fee for Goncalves so there is probably a deal to be done with Palhinha

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt anything will happen until deals are done for Neves and Traore
We have got the wage bill down a bit with Saiss Ruddy and Marcal going just need confirmation of cash coming in
Im equally sure we can do business circa £20 million without that cash,but for oven ready quality players we will need the £70 million from those 2 deals to get the ball rolling imo

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have got the wage bill down a bit with Saiss Ruddy and Marcal going just need confirmation of cash coming in
Im equally sure we can do business circa £20 million without that cash,but for oven ready quality players we will need the £70 million from those 2 deals to get the ball rolling imo
I agree .....but I think we need to get the palhinha deal done asap....... probably before the neves deal ....for me we get 50m for neves then palhinha may suddenly go up 10m......agree that the majority of the deals will depend on our outgoing activity.... hopefully we can do palhinha n guedes early, safely in the expectation that we can definitely claw most if it back.....

Although Jorge will have it covered..

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if true we’d need another centre half as he has discipline issues. Got himself sent off vs Familcao in the 96th minute, he was substituted at half time. Got 4 other yellow cards in the space of 10 games.
Him and Yerson'll be fun.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if true we’d need another centre half as he has discipline issues. Got himself sent off vs Familcao in the 96th minute, he was substituted at half time. Got 4 other yellow cards in the space of 10 games.
Well we need to replace Saiss with someone similar,there you go lol

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t you love the Mix.

Transfer Window - C’mon Jeff get your money out and sign x at whatever cost. Noting that x must of us are judging based on Football Manager or YouTube clips or some Clickbait article.

Post Transfer Window - Jeff why did you waste your money on x and not sign y.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

This is the real world where you need to find a player to fit, you need to pay enough money to acquire them from the selling club, you need to attract the player to want to come to sign for you (yes even Wolves needs to be sold to most players). If other parties are interested or the club doesn’t want to sell or the player doesn’t want to come then this is not easy. There is also no Amazon marketplace where you can immediately see what you’re buying and at what price.

And, amazingly, we’re now fishing in the same pool as AC Milan, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG and Newcastle if the various rumours are to be believed.

What is encouraging is that there are links to bids in and a blind sailor with two eyepatches would see we will need additions.

Breathe everyone it is a long Summer.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t you love the Mix.

Transfer Window - C’mon Jeff get your money out and sign x at whatever cost. Noting that x must of us are judging based on Football Manager or YouTube clips or some Clickbait article.

Post Transfer Window - Jeff why did you waste your money on x and not sign y.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

This is the real world where you need to find a player to fit, you need to pay enough money to acquire them from the selling club, you need to attract the player to want to come to sign for you (yes even Wolves needs to be sold to most players). If other parties are interested or the club doesn’t want to sell or the player doesn’t want to come then this is not easy. There is also no Amazon marketplace where you can immediately see what you’re buying and at what price.

And, amazingly, we’re now fishing in the same pool as AC Milan, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG and Newcastle if the various rumours are to be believed.

What is encouraging is that there are links to bids in and a blind sailor with two eyepatches would see we will need additions.

Breathe everyone it is a long Summer.
Unforunately it isnt a long summer we kick off next season in 8 weeks :eek:

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Inacio would rather quit football than sign for Wolves. One of the comments says the player would vomit everyday if he signed for us! :D

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Inacio would rather quit football than sign for Wolves. One of the comments says the player would vomit everyday if he signed for us! :D
Cue his signing being announced.... lol

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Carmo seems more likely. Knowing our luck Inacio will be the new Rueben Dias, with Carmo being Roderick Miranda mk 2.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Now, my portugese isn't very good, but I don't think that is an accurate translation.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You could be offended if it wasn't likely as made up as most transfer rumours

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Wolverhampton appearing on the list of interested parties, in an information advanced by Fabrizio Romano, journalist specializing in transfers, however, noting that there are still no proposals on the table. From what BOLA has found, the name of under-21 international Portuguese is in fact on the table of wolves, but the truth is that, as our newspaper found, the sporty design of the English emblem will not be attractive to the player, who wants to remain in a team that fights for titles. Wolves will therefore be on the same level as Newcastle, this is the first club to express interest in signing Gonçalo Inácio, as early as January this year, in a process that has never been more developments.”

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Braga fans posting morning newspaper reports about al musrati and carmo are wanted by wolves. I can make out that al musrati will cost 17 million euros.
Half the price of palhinha almost.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We've got ten million for Vinagre coming in as well. There should be some money available if the players we want are there surely or we run the risk of missing out on targets with that approach.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Carmo seems more likely. Knowing our luck Inacio will be the new Rueben Dias, with Carmo being Roderick Miranda mk 2.

I think neither will be signing and I don't think we are actually looking at either

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We just need Craig David to complete the lyrics
Thanks to wolf in Kenilworth for stepping in to cover not being in touch with your reply as I must admit I do not know Craig David songs. That doesn't stop me from recognising the value of the reply. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom