Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can understand the Kamara deal on a free and only 22. Slots straight in to play CDM. Didnt realise Diego Carlos was 29 though. Will probably upgrade the defence in the short term but there is no resale value there and must be on big wages. Gerrard gonna be under a lot of pressure to deliver Europe this year. Seems very short term and Europe or bust to me.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Surely anything they say will be derided as spin, regardless? The only positive would be a signing but I’d rather they get who they want rather than signing whoever just to keep a baying mob happy
Maybe so but the longer we hear nothing the more the frustration builds up

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst it would be nice to be in the position to take some youngsters from Barca with a view to developing them, they most certainly are not what we need now. If we’re going to have to sell to buy we need to be buying players that look like they are ready to step into the starting XI. Obviously there are no guarantees with any pmayer but surely the club have learned from the signings of Vallejo, Vitinha and Trincao. The PL is a very unforgiving environment for youngsters and for every one thrown in the deep end that can swim plenty of others drown.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst it would be nice to be in the position to take some youngsters from Barca with a view to developing them, they most certainly are not what we need now. If we’re going to have to sell to buy we need to be buying players that look like they are ready to step into the starting XI. Obviously there are no guarantees with any pmayer but surely the club have learned from the signings of Vallejo, Vitinha and Trincao. The PL is a very unforgiving environment for youngsters and for every one thrown in the deep end that can swim plenty of others drown.
Id take Nico and cash, buy palinha, then build on the next what 4 we need

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Feel a bit of a ***** saying this but are there any players in Ukraine we should be looking at? Players from Shaktar Donetsk?
Anyone decent has already been snapped
We need money, not Barcelona cast offs.

These big clubs hype their younger players up so much and others fall for it. There’s this idea that because a player plays for a Barcelona, Liverpool etc. then they’re automatically better than what we have.

Look at Hoever, it’s rubbish. The Scousers are the best for it; Ibe, Solanke, Wilson all getting big fees and probably more.

We need specific, intelligent recruitment in what is a massive summer. Not taking 3 players because it may represent value or because they’re ‘alright’.

Mingueza & Puig, in my opinion, especially, are not what we need. Nico could be good but it’s a risk.

I can’t believe we’re still dealing with Barcelona to be honest.
Nico is the only one I think would make it in the premier league tbf.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mingueza is six foot and can play right back as well as central defender.

He's fast, but not very strong, I'd say weaker physically then Coady and Vallejo. Why he gets played at right back, where he's not the best going forward.

Awkward player that's got traits but clear weaknesses too.

I'd personally stick clear

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Shi and Mendes seem to have turned us into some 19th Century mill-hand. "Here's your wages, but you can only spend them in the company store."
Our company store is called Barcelona...
And no, I don't want Neves to go to another PL team, but I'd far rather he want to Arsenal or Man United for £60m in cash than to Barca for a rag tag of players we may or may not want, who probably don't want to be here and who'll quite possibly take a season to adapt to the PL.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's fast, but not very strong, I'd say weaker physically then Coady and Vallejo. Why he gets played at right back, where he's not the best going forward.

Awkward player that's got traits but clear weaknesses too.

I'd personally stick clear
Weaker than Vallejo doesn’t fill me with confidence

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If youngsters were any good these clubs would not be letting them go.

It's an incredible business model really, blood in a few youngsters in games where the rest of the superstars can carry them and they don't look out of place. Claim they're pushing on the first team to inflate their value.

Stump up the cash, or **** off.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weaker than Vallejo doesn’t fill me with confidence

He struggles to win headers as a full back and gets builled by wingers. Rarely gets beat 1v1, outside of Adama he'd be up there with fastest in the squad.

Imagine a smaller, weaker Iorfa that can control a ball.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My only worry is if Neves has his heart set on joining Barcelona....we maybe snookered as such.....
Bit like the Traore situation. Agreed.

What we want is Newcastle, Arsenal and United all putting in offers of 50m and competing up in 10m, sell to the highest bidder..... If Barca can match that then fair enough, we'll reduce the price and they throw in Nico but no-one else.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That can’t be true? **** me that’s insane if it is though, can’t and wouldn’t want to compete with that.
Modern times are crazy. We will eventually have no choice but to follow suit if we want to keep pace.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit like the Traore situation. Agreed.

What we want is Newcastle, Arsenal and United all putting in offers of 50m and competing up in 10m, sell to the highest bidder..... If Barca can match that then fair enough, we'll reduce the price and they throw in Nico but no-one else.
Yes I agree ...just us lot can't say where we want Neves to go as such.....it will be every young Portugese footballer dream growing up to play for Barcelona or Real Madrid...

Last edited:

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Have been trawling through this thread trying to pull together a list of the strongest (I use the term lightly) rumours to date. So far I have:

GK - Gabriel Slonina, Chicago Fire £3m - £10m
CB - Oscar Mingueza, Barca, Neves Exchange
CB - Goncala Inacio, Sporting CP - £20m?
CM - Joao Palhinha, Sporting CP - £21m
CM - Andre Almedia, Vitoria Guimaraes - £10m
CM - Nico Gonzalez, Barca, Neves Exchange
CM - Riqui Puig, Barca, Neves Exchange
AM - Pedrinho, Shakhtar Donetsk, £16m
AM - Rafa Silva, Benfica £?m
FWD - Gonçalo Guedes, Valencia, £16m

Any others I've missed?

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have been trawling through this thread trying to pull together a list of the strongest (I use the term lightly) rumours to date. So far I have:

Any others I've missed?
Thanks for the hard work. Appreciated.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Any others I've missed?
Think there was also a second guy at Guimaraes - Gui Guedes

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FM wonderkid. Apart from that, no idea, but he’s certainly amassed a lot of decent level experience in Portuguese top flight and CL for one so young.
If he didnt have 110 followers i would have got excited by the WOLVES ARE PREPARED TO SPEND BIG TO SUPPORT LAGE

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FM wonderkid. Apart from that, no idea, but he’s certainly amassed a lot of decent level experience in Portuguese top flight and CL for one so young.

Lage -

So sporting give us 10m for this vinegar lad and we will take nunes palinha and inacio (while your at can i talk to goncalves he can live with me in wolves)

Vitoria

we will take this guedes lad for our insect side and we will have your young talent almeida to

Benfica

Rafa silva was great for me, ill have him please, we can give you a young player called jordao

Portuguese shopping window

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he didnt have 110 followers i would have got excited by the WOLVES ARE PREPARED TO SPEND BIG TO SUPPORT LAGE
Oh no, I wasn’t giving the source any credibility at all. I just like the idea of the player, however unlikely that may be.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Newcastle can **** off.

God I'd hate to see him in another PL team. If he went to Newcastle, not sure how warmly I could receive him.

Going Arsenal or United, as much as I'd hate it, I'd be able to understand.

Can't some big European side just come in & buy him.

Better yet, don't go Ruben.
Would you accept him going to newcastle if it.meant getting a higher fee. Lets say 50m to arsenal, or 65m to newcastle

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you accept him going to newcastle if it.meant getting a higher fee. Lets say 50m to arsenal, or 65m to newcastle

No 15m is unacceptable for jumping ship to newcastle, in my view

Id rather 60m from united over arsenal as well

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Interesting comparing Rafa Silva and Trincao’s careers.

At age 22/23, Rafa Silva scored 12 in 52 games in his breakthrough season for Braga. Then had 2 largely uneventful seasons at Benfica where he scored 5 in 56 games before having a brilliant season aged 25/26.

At age 20/21, Trincao scored 9 in 39 games in his breakthrough season for Braga. Since then, he’s got 6 in 72 games for Barca (mostly sub appearances) and Wolves.

I guess the question is with Rafa Silva approaching 30, is there more long-term value signing Trincao and will his career really take off in a similar way to Silva’s did in his mid-20’s?

Think I’d rather have Guedes than either to be honest.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Sad as I am to see him go and especially when measuring his potential fee against some mentioned for other players ,I fear he will go for around £45-50 M or linked to other teams’players as part of the deal.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How quick is he? Badiashile would be the one for me if he doesn't go to Newcastle
Uefa have clocked him here

Matches played
Goals
Tackles
1.4 avg. per match
Balls recovered
7.4 avg. per match
Top speed (km/h)
31.82 avg. per match

Cant find anything for badiashille

seems they are about the same pace from other articles

Status