Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
How are we in a position where we have to sell to buy. It's a ridiculous strategy from the owners, surely there is money to be spent from revenue generated via TV, league sponsors etc (and the extra 900k from season ticket increase..LOL)

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Saiss "It's a source of pride for me to have achieved everything I've achieved here with Wolverhampton" "When I arrived, it was a second-class club in the Championship, and we succeeded to climb to the top of the PL, to play in the Europa League, so it's magnificent."

Talking Wolves

@TalkingWolves
·
28m

Saiss "I am open to any proposal, I really want to be in a serious project that will also allow me to continue to progress. "At an individual level, I am even very satisfied with my season, even if at the end it was a little more complicated because we had less good results"

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ganging up on other players? You mean failing to disguise their disgust at the efforts of a so-called "professional" footballer who, based on that incident, wouldn't get picked for the Dog and Duck fifth team?
I saw your pathetic ludicrous comment in a response post - it reminded me why l have you on ignore.
Agree mate. Like when you are a kid in the play ground playing football or running or something. All the **** kids knew they were **** and always got picked last.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most didnt want the club to spend the money on Vitinha following his lack of performances for us. Easy now he's performing back home to say we got it wrong.

Fair comment, just i felt when we had him, no brainer to take the option and not cause another goncalves incident.

It was inevitable at some point moutinho will retire, we could have done with vitinha in there this year as an option

T

TheConcourse

Looking at Cucurella possibly joining Man City makes me feel all the more that we hold on to players for too long.

The whole point of investing in youngsters is that when you hit a gem, you swiftly sell him for 3/4 x purchase price and reinvest that money in more youngsters.

Perhaps it's the element of getting attached (which is obviously hard to avoid) but buying a player for x this season and selling him for 3x next season - regardless of how much we all love him - would be excellent business.

Also - and this is a point I labour to excess - it shows how silly it is to buy a kid for 35 million. To flog him on in a couple of years he'd basically have had to be Mbappe
We do. The injuries with Neto and Jimenez brought the project to a grinding halt. Wiped £120m off our player assets in 2 moments.

Fosun need to invest again to bring quality young players through and get the sales piece right.

They’re keeping players for way too long atm.

I have absolutely no problem with becoming a launchpad for clubs like United, Madrid etc. 1/2 seasons and go. So long as the club is generating revenue and improving on and off the pitch.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Saiss "It's a source of pride for me to have achieved everything I've achieved here with Wolverhampton" "When I arrived, it was a second-class club in the Championship, and we succeeded to climb to the top of the PL, to play in the Europa League, so it's magnificent."

Talking Wolves
@TalkingWolves
·
28m

Saiss "I am open to any proposal, I really want to be in a serious project that will also allow me to continue to progress. "At an individual level, I am even very satisfied with my season, even if at the end it was a little more complicated because we had less good results"
I really can’t tell if we either (a) have a plan with renewing contracts or (b) have no plan whatsoever and are just letting all of these contracts lapse.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ganging up on other players? You mean failing to disguise their disgust at the efforts of a so-called "professional" footballer who, based on that incident, wouldn't get picked for the Dog and Duck fifth team?
I saw your pathetic ludicrous comment in a response post - it reminded me why l have you on ignore.
Agree mate. Like when you are a kid in the play ground playing football or running or something. All the **** kids knew they were **** and always got picked last.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I might be wrong here but it seems the club want Saiss and Moutinho to stay but cant agree terms?
Of the 4 out of contract first teamers is seems like we let Marcal go, let Ruddy go but Bruno wanted him to stay, only offered Moutinho a 1 year deal and he wants 2 and probably something similar with Saiss... so yeah, it's a case of the club not wanted to pay over the odds in wages

If it was up to Bruno we'd retain 3 out of the 4, but sounds like the club want to protect the budget for incomings... hopefully thats a good sign in that they are lined up to replace those guys as needless to say its going to be needed!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers nws naff all...it's always the same.....he never predicts anything a blind man couldn't spot.....hoever loan, come on it hardly breaking news.......he has no inside information about the clubs finances or mendes dealings ........ palhinha his latest exclusive.....deary me....

It's days behind even the last man to click.....

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of the 4 out of contract first teamers is seems like we let Marcal go, let Ruddy go but Bruno wanted him to stay, only offered Moutinho a 1 year deal and he wants 2 and probably something similar with Saiss... so yeah, it's a case of the club not wanted to pay over the odds in wages

If it was up to Bruno we'd retain 3 out of the 4, but sounds like the club want to protect the budget for incomings... hopefully thats a good sign in that they are lined up to replace those guys as needless to say its going to be needed!
We've got a hell of a lot to do mate by the sounds of it. I hope to **** they know what they are doing . It good be genius or it could be disaster.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What worries me about the Mendes alliance is that we need players from a football perspective he moves them on /brokers deal from a financial perspective and Jeff Shi who knows little about football decides yes or no
I release Fosun have a financial stake in Mendes’ company but in the grand scheme of things how important/relevant are we to him these days?
It seems as though he’s dumped us for Barcelona at the minute. Far more likely to get some dodgy deals done over there.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fair comment, just i felt when we had him, no brainer to take the option and not cause another goncalves incident.

It was inevitable at some point moutinho will retire, we could have done with vitinha in there this year as an option

Problem was that Goncalves wasn't an incident. He couldn't settle, even living with Neves for a while, and simply wanted to go home. Stands a good chance he simply would not have progressed here in the same way he has back home.

For me Vitinha didn't show enough to justify a 20m outlay and I think it was the right call at that time. My issue was that if we had 20m available then why didn't we sign somebody who could have helped us? Was this part of the funds we supposedly chased Sanchez with?

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've got a hell of a lot to do mate by the sounds of it. I hope to **** they know what they are doing . It good be genius or it could be disaster.
The whole thing feels on a knife edge this summer, the whole of Fosun's era will be in the balance and all they have built over the last 5 years

Turning over a squad is so hard to do in this quantity... I still have faith, more than most, as I think with Mendes in our corner etc. and all we have sacrificed recently in terms of deals with him we have too much stock in our corner to let it all go south at this time... we're too well connected to just let the bottom fall out and too many are invested in our success to shaft us on transfers now

Its going to be some ride, but I'm staying calm and giving the benefit of a lot of doubt to get this recycle right and give Bruno the team he wants to change our playing style. I just don't see Mendes hanging us out to dry now... there's nothing in that for Gestifute to let it happen

A hell of a lot to do is right, biggest summer of recent times is here finally and I for one have already started my transfer therapy sessions to get me through it!

Blackpool Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
We should trust Fosun because look at what they have given us - its hard at the moment with departures of old favourites without potential new favourites coming in first - we should judge somewhat later in the summer - but the club ought to be alive to some of the optics - I hate the term “preparing an offer” Surely it is £X mill plus incentives etc and deal for player - there aren’t too many variations on those themes.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So basically just telling us what we already know then,with his usual possibly maybe diatribe
He knows no more than anyone else just joins the dots and best guesses like the rest of us
Exactly. The ordinary man in the street who supports Wolves could tell you that.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I might be wrong here but it seems the club want Saiss and Moutinho to stay but cant agree terms?

Probably one for the pub thread but I have been told that Saiss wanted Moutinho type money... the fact is he will probably get that if he moves on a free but frankly, if true, he really doesn't warrant that sort of wage at Wolves.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't remember the glimpses you talk about - possibly one half decent performance against WBA, albeit he didn't get many minutes. The goal against the "mighty" Chorley was a highlight but, apart from that (like many of the other players that nigh) it passed him by. In his first games he looked decent and was scoring goals - I don't think you there is any comparison to be drawn between Vitinha and Hwang based on the games he played up until we signed him.
I think it’s fair to say we all see different things in different players. I liked the look of Vitinha every time I saw him. Balance, composure and good on the ball. I thought he was decent first half at Brighton, but others disagreed.
He clearly didn’t get many opportunities to show us his worth and for me was played out of position at times, but his showings for the Portuguese U21s did highlight this ability more.
Probably would suit a midfield 3 more than a 2 but for me a far more forward thinking player than others and like RAN would have been an excellent investment for me.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s fair to say we all see different things in different players. I liked the look of Vitinha every time I saw him. Balance, composure and good on the ball. I thought he was decent first half at Brighton, but others disagreed.
He clearly didn’t get many opportunities to show us his worth and for me was played out of position at times, but his showings for the Portuguese U21s did highlight this ability more.
Probably would suit a midfield 3 more than a 2 but for me a far more forward thinking player than others and like RAN would have been an excellent investment for me.

I think we probably do see different things. To me he seemed lightweight, had great touch, but games passed him by

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers nws naff all...it's always the same.....he never predicts anything a blind man couldn't spot.....hoever loan, come on it hardly breaking news.......he has no inside information about the clubs finances or mendes dealings ........ palhinha his latest exclusive.....deary me....

It's days behind even the last man to click.....

Tim is like a bad psychic gets things wrong and full of assumptions. IIRC didn't John Percy say a few weeks back we had funds nothing about buy to sell, could be wrong but I'm sure I read it somewhere. .

Tim is a decent guy but his sources dried up a long time ago

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Difference is mate we are losing, Saiss, possibly Moutinho, Neves, Ruddy gone. Way more to do now than last summer, in my opinion.
Fair enough.

I think Mouts probably stays. Neves a huge loss but Saiss and Ruddy....meh!

I genuinely thought we would go down after we lost 1-0 to Man Utd, so I consider myself relieved we rebounded so well.

It's a big summer 100 per cent. I just think the constant reports of our imminent relegation are very OTT.

Bookies have us about 10 percent to go down, which is probably about fair. Long shot but with a poor summer and a poor start, could be right in the mix.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We don't need to spend on a back up keeper, do we? Sarkic can easily do that job I would think.
We are losing Saiss and I'm afraid Boly is past his best because of injuries so we definitely need a CB. Neves and possibly Moutinho on their way....maybe Donk too, so at least 2 first team ready CMs. We could really do with another striker too. So at least 4 first teamers required...that's a big ask.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The big ignominy would be if he went out on loan and continued not to score ,got left out and returned here .Where would we go then ? Somehow we have to unravel this conundrum
This is my issue as well. Matt Jackson would need to get this loan spot on or it will be an unmitigated disaster for Fabio and the club. I still have no idea what is best for him; I would say a championship loan but there is no guarantee that he would stand up to the physicality and be a success. If you loan him abroad, how much good is it actually doing him in terms of readying him for the PL?

Difficult one.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tim is like a bad psychic gets things wrong and full of assumptions. IIRC didn't John Percy say a few weeks back we had funds nothing about buy to sell, could be wrong but I'm sure I read it somewhere. .

Tim is a decent guy but his sources dried up a long time ago
Yes ..I haven't got a problem with Tim as such , it's just when he tries to make out he knws what's going on...same as some on here...... nobody knows the mendes element of the club apart from Jorge n jeff.....we can all make assumptions and guesswork and may look right sometimes doesn't mean we know what's going on..

I've said before I've got a very close family member who works for wolves, has keys to the ground for instance, and access at Compton and he hears next to nothing......

Last edited:

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't need to spend on a back up keeper, do we? Sarkic can easily do that job I would think.
We are losing Saiss and I'm afraid Boly is past his best because of injuries so we definitely need a CB. Neves and possibly Moutinho on their way....maybe Donk too, so at least 2 first team ready CMs. We could really do with another striker too. So at least 4 first teamers required...that's a big ask.
.I think we'll get a keeper on a free to sit on the bench.

Sarkic would learn a lot more out on loan again and we will probably get a small fee for him too.

Same If we get that American lad. No point having a 18 year old on the bench when he could be playing first team elsewhere.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the whole sell to buy approach, it really does **** me off even more that we paid £35m for Fabio Silva.

It's like Mendes did us favours to get us in the prem, and now our whole purpose is to help his other clubs as we have the TV money.

We got shafted with Adama and we'll get shafted with Neves too.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what we have heard so far they both want extended contracts of 2years or more and we only wanted a one year deal with an option
Saiss may feel hes worth a longer deal than that, obviously the club dont,i think we may go 2 years with Mouts eventually just to keep him here next season
Tbh either can stay or go for me,they both offer something but we really need to upgrade soon, as good as both have been for us

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
It's like Mendes did us favours to get us in the prem, and now our whole purpose is to help his other clubs as we have the TV money.

We got shafted with Adama and we'll get shafted with Neves too.
Getting shafted with the he Adama deal is one thing if it happens again regarding Neves it would take it to a new level and this place will explode ,

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fair enough.

I think Mouts probably stays. Neves a huge loss but Saiss and Ruddy....meh!

I genuinely thought we would go down after we lost 1-0 to Man Utd, so I consider myself relieved we rebounded so well.

It's a big summer 100 per cent. I just think the constant reports of our imminent relegation are very OTT.

Bookies have us about 10 percent to go down, which is probably about fair. Long shot but with a poor summer and a poor start, could be right in the mix.
Sadly the bookies don't have us as '10% to go down.'
The general price is 5/1 or 6/1, altho' Bet365 have us as short as 4/1
Hills did have 8/1 for about a day, but that was pretty quickly clipped to 6/1

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You make some good points, but I still maintain that many on here including me didn't think he was worth the £20m to us at that time.

I do think the Hwang situation is different. Clearly the lad has suffered a collapse in confidence and has looked poor. But his five goals this season is actually better than some fairly big names.

When you look at his career he has 50 goals and has played 50 internationals. He is strong enough for the premier league and his early form and career history suggested £12m was a good deal.

Now of course we are dealing with human beings and his form has dipped after his back injury, but it looks to have really killed his confidence to me.

I know he is 26, but he looks a young 26. He lives with his mom I think, he is not like Neves who is a mature family man with three kids.

If we are not careful we are in danger of losing a potential valuable asset because we sap his confidence.

I hope he gets a nice holiday, gets himself fit, and with better more attacking players around him can regain his confidence.

A back up player that can score 1 in 4 throughout his career is going to really useful and worth the £12m.

Got to wonder how he's communicating with anyone too, the Doctors for instance.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Fosun don’t invest then why don’t they sell - as value of investment overall will go down if we struggle/ get relegated
So they will act..... it's just uncertain how, exactly. No owners would willingly see the value of their investments fall if they can do something to prevent it.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most didnt want the club to spend the money on Vitinha following his lack of performances for us. Easy now he's performing back home to say we got it wrong.
I think a number of us did want Vitinha's loan option taken up last summer. I remember Tring for one saying so. I also do not think it is fair to say "following his lack of performances for us". Nuno, by and large, did not play him apart from an occasional ten minutes at the end of a game. When he did play he frequently showed glimpses of real ability. I guess we could try to sign him this summer but there are two potential problems, 1 his value will have gone up and 2 he may not want to come back to Wolves following his loan experience.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly the bookies don't have us as '10% to go down.'
The general price is 5/1 or 6/1, altho' Bet365 have us as short as 4/1
Hills did have 8/1 for about a day, but that was pretty quickly clipped to 6/1
Oops I'm out of date. We were 8/1 when I saw

We were 3.5/1 last season IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom