Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
I don’t see how Barcelona can afford Neves apparently they want Lewandoski they sold Coutinho to Villa and still need to sell more players to be able to sign Lewandoski so that being the case there is no way they can afford Neves i wouldn’t want some of the players that have been mentioned only Puig or Gonzalez

L78

Reaction score
I don’t see how Barcelona can afford Neves apparently they want Lewandoski they sold Coutinho to Villa and still need to sell more players to be able to sign Lewandoski so that being the case there is no way they can afford Neves i wouldn’t want some of the players that have been mentioned only Puig or Gonzalez
I'm sure mendes can tweak the deal and pull a rabbit out the hat for Barcelona

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would say 30-35mil plus Nico is realistic

Depends how much you value Neves and Nico. I'd be looking for 60-70m for Neves and I think Nico is worth 15-20m. Wouldn't be surprised if they want a buy back in his contact for around 25-30m too

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Transfermkt (yes, I know) has Neves valued at £36m, which IMO will be within £5m of what we get.

Tin hat is on, and please note "IMO" stands for "In My Opinion" and not "" I'm Mad, Okay? "

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves to Barca is one of the least worst (I'll be heartbroken whatever...) options. I'm not sure I could handle watching him boss it for a PL team like I've had to with Jota and I wasn't half as attached to Jota as as Neves. If he plays for a foreign team I can still enjoy watching him and hope he does well.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Coutinho they have just took what 15m plus off there wage bill.

Wages major issue for barca

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves to Barca is one of the least worst (I'll be heartbroken whatever...) options. I'm not sure I could handle watching him boss it for a PL team like I've had to with Jota and I wasn't half as attached to Jota as as Neves. If he plays for a foreign team I can still enjoy watching him and hope he does well.
I'll hope he does well even if he stays in the Premier League. A big part of our club, jota the same. 2 good lads who gave us some great times.
We are going backwards now I'm afraid.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll hope he does well even if he stays in the Premier League. A big part of our club, jota the same. 2 good lads who gave us some great times.
If most on here can see that why can't Big Jeff and Sellars.

R

reanswolf

Viila doing bits, having secured Coutinho they have now signed Boubaca Kamara, and still might go back in for Calvin Phillips and Bissouma from Brighton, as well as Tarkowski at Burnley.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Depends how much you value Neves and Nico. I'd be looking for 60-70m for Neves and I think Nico is worth 15-20m. Wouldn't be surprised if they want a buy back in his contact for around 25-30m too
I'd resist any sort of buyback as strongly as I could. Would completely go against the principle of developing players and increasing their value. Also, if he's performing well, Barca could just come along and say "thank you very much we're activating our buy-back clause." Then he's gone and you'd need to spend another fortune to replace him.

Don't like them. I don't think they should be allowed. If you want to keep the player's registration but they need to develop then you loan them out. If you don't think they're good enough you sell them and protect your position with a sell-on clause. I don't like the idea that the future of the player a club signed "permanently" can be at the discretion of the club you bought them off rather than at the sole discretion of the club that owns their registration.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's how I see it.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Portugal squad are in spain for the nations league next week arent they? - opportune time for Barca to do the deal and medical next week.

Reaction score
I'd resist any sort of buyback as strongly as I could. Would completely go against the principle of developing players and increasing their value. Also, if he's performing well, Barca could just come along and say "thank you very much we're activating our buy-back clause." Then he's gone and you'd need to spend another fortune to replace him.

Don't like them. I don't think they should be allowed. If you want to keep the player's registration but they need to develop then you loan them out. If you don't think they're good enough you sell them and protect your position with a sell-on clause. I don't like the idea that the future of the player a club signed "permanently" can be at the discretion of the club you bought them off rather than at the sole discretion of the club that owns their registration.
Aren’t they usually a first refusal type of clause? Where if we are going to sell or receive a bid we have to offer the other club an opportunity to match the bid? I can’t believe there would ever be a clause where a club could just say ‘we’re going to buy him back now for X amount’

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if this were the reality, I assume we will hear nothing until June 10th when window opens?

Can always announce before the window but maybe not, but i would expect if he were to have a medical, romano etc would be all over it.

IT would just make sense to do it next week if barca is going to be where he is going.

I think it was spiers who said lage mentioned at a conference it will be a domino and the first sale (not wolves) will trigger it.

Doubtful that that was coutinho, so watch this space on sales i guess

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What we havent looked at because forgotten men -

Is cutrone going to sign for empoli? or have we another drain which we need to take a hit on financially
has vinagre met the clauses for sporting to sign him?

Reaction score
If we do sell Neves for £50 mil I see no reason why can't buy 3 top quality players using that money.

Under FFP rules that £50mil sale of Neves will show on this years accounts, with that money wolves can sign 3 players worth £40 mil on 100K per week. Under FFP you spread the player transfer and and wages over the contract. So if those contracts are 5 years, each transfer will account for approx. £13mil on this years accounts.

So to me it is crucial to get the Neves sale done ASAP as can improve the entire spine of the team from this 1 transfer and still have room for normal moves.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know what you mean. But winning the transfer window keeps supporters happy at least, so there's some value in it. I don't think there would be as much discontent if we had made a few early, decisive moves for key players recently.
all well and good but you cant just keep spunking away 150m just to keep supporters 'happy' - it will only lead to financial difficulties (see Villa, Derby, Everton now amongst others as recent examples.)

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Transfermkt (yes, I know) has Neves valued at £36m, which IMO will be within £5m of what we get.

Tin hat is on, and please note "IMO" stands for "In My Opinion" and not "" I'm Mad, Okay? "
I agree

I know fans rate him as 60+ million but I reckon we’ll get a maximum of 40 million for him. Which will of course lead to out roar from the majority who expected more.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
If Neves goes to Barcelona I can see no fee being paid, just players coming in from them for his value.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sellars & Shi just refer to it in different words - - - - ~ "a self-sustainable transfer strategy"

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we do sell Neves for £50 mil I see no reason why can't buy 3 top quality players using that money.

Under FFP rules that £50mil sale of Neves will show on this years accounts, with that money wolves can sign 3 players worth £40 mil on 100K per week. Under FFP you spread the player transfer and and wages over the contract. So if those contracts are 5 years, each transfer will account for approx. £13mil on this years accounts.

So to me it is crucial to get the Neves sale done ASAP as can improve the entire spine of the team from this 1 transfer and still have room for normal moves.
It's not FFP rules, it's just normal a normal accounting procedure.

Spending the Neves money on three expensive players this year is fine, but what happens next year when you need to find the next lot of £50M to cover wages and player amortisation? Bearing in mind you already have wages and player amortisation from the current players?

Amortisation isn't a magic trick.

I'm not saying we won't spend any money but I think the fact that we may or may not sell Neves for £50/£60M isn't going to have as big an impact on our spending plans as you might expect. One isn't necessarily a pre-requisite for the other.

Accounting processes mean squat if you don't have the actual cash to cover the required payments.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not FFP rules, it's just normal a normal accounting procedure.

Spending the Neves money on three expensive players this year is fine, but what happens next year when you need to find the next lot of £50M to cover wages and player amortisation? Bearing in mind you already have wages and player amortisation from the current players?

Amortisation isn't a magic trick.

I'm not saying we won't spend any money but I think the fact that we may or may not sell Neves for £50/£60M isn't going to have as big an impact on our spending plans as you might expect. One isn't necessarily a pre-requisite for the other.

Accounting processes mean squat if you don't have the actual cash to cover the required payments.
With the last 3 years of books though we should have funds? we made a profit in 20-21 of 18.4m we should have scope to bust out 60-100m on transfers with also somewages coming off the books.

Cutrone, vingare? saiss/marcal traore?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My guess; £20m + Nico and Puig

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With the last 3 years of books though we should have funds? we made a profit in 20-21 of 18.4m we should have scope to bust out 60-100m on transfers with also somewages coming off the books.

Cutrone, vingare? saiss/marcal traore?
Exactly. Whether or not we sell Neves isn't make-or-break for our potential spending power this summer.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What did you say then?

I made the point that the player is far more relevant than the team they played for. Your point seemed to contradict that.
I thought I'd made it clear but no worries. Basically I agreed with you (the post opened with "agree") BUT the players will have still contributed to playing in a relegated side so that's to be factored in too.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Neves goes to Barcelona I can see no fee being paid, just players coming in from them for his value.

That would be quite disastrous for us. While players like Nico Gonzales, Ruig and other seems to have quite a high ceiling when it comes to talent, we really need to replace a key player with another key player. Not necessary at the same level (Which would be hard), but not too far off (Palhinha?)....
We really cant afford to replace Moutinho and Neves with 2 midfielders, who'll take a season or two to develop and get ready for PL football.
Of course swapping Neves with, lets say 4 Ruig, Gonzales and two others wouldnt be all bad, if we knew money would be available for other transfers. However as it seems we've to sell to buy, it seems quite stupid getting no fee (and no proven replacement) in for Neves...

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not what people want but we need Neves to go to an English team, they're the only ones that pay the proper cash for players like this.

It's all about the money for us because it's the only way we're going to improve.

£60-70m from United or £20-30m and a few Barca kids who probably won't want to be here and may not suit the league/our team? It's a no brainer. Get the cash and spend it properly, which is obviously a major worry in itself given our record.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's hope not mate! (If it happens). I think Nico would be great, Puig I'm less convinced about, would have to be in a 3.

With Nico I think he'll be a good player but the question is how good. We'd need him to become good enough for top 6 in the prem. Puig I don't personally want, not sure he'll adapt well to the league or the formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom