Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether there were restrictions this season or not, we still didn’t go up to our threshold… Botman and Sanches were nearly done so the money was clearly there.

So regardless of whether FFP frees us up to spend more or not, I can’t see us breaking the bank to back Bruno without selling to fund it.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I reckon we can expect wholesale changes I fully expect someone to pay 60/70m for neves plus others being out of contract could leave us with a nice 170m kitty Adama money the likes of dendoncker shifted.

The summer window id want to sign another keeper back up for Sa, a central defender. We’re going to have to totally rebuild the midfield if Neves, Moutinho & Donk leave which means Lage can get his pressing players he wants and a target man striker. So say 7/8 incomings about 15 maybe more leaving.
Blimey

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon we can expect wholesale changes I fully expect someone to pay 60/70m for neves plus others being out of contract could leave us with a nice 170m kitty Adama money the likes of dendoncker shifted.

The summer window id want to sign another keeper back up for Sa, a central defender. We’re going to have to totally rebuild the midfield if Neves, Moutinho & Donk leave which means Lage can get his pressing players he wants and a target man striker. So say 7/8 incomings about 15 maybe more leaving.
So basically those maths would leave us considerably lighter than what we are now.
What's Bruno going to do - use the U-12s to beef up the 8 v 8 training sessions? :eek:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont hold your hopes too high for summer .
All signs are that we are running in neutral. And that will probably drive talent away.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a real football club not a computer game. Even Nuno, when he took on a complete rebuilding job after Shamberk, didn't make that level of change at one time.
Did he not?

Neves, Jota, Boly, Bonatini, Vinagre, Douglas, N’Diaye, Bennett, Ruddy, Miranda, Norris is 11 players in. They all came in to the first team that summer as did Ofosu-Ayeh (who obviously wasn’t involved) so 12 were actually added with Mir and Afobe added in January as we’d missed out on adding another striker that we’d wanted at the end of the summer window.

We then let Dicko, Edwards, Saville, Henry, Williamson, Lonegran, Bodvarsson, Wallace, Mason, Iorfa, Gladon, Evans, Graham, Duckens Nazon, Ebanks-Landell and Silvio go so that was 16 out.

It was a massive summer of change for our first team, less than a dozen players from the season before survived it and stayed with the squad.

That’s not to suggest we’ll do the same this summer, or even need to, but it has been done and given the number of players out of contract, Traore going, Neves possibly too it means we will potentially need a large turnover in the summer whether we want to or not.

I know people deride the “next transfer window is the big one” comments but this summer is massive in my opinion. Whether it be tying some of our existing players down or replacing them, there’s a lot of work to be done to give Bruno the competitive squad he needs for next season.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It feels like Jeff Shi is running the club like it's football manager. He's spent a bit to get us to top 8 and instead of spending more he's going to spend years now trying buy loads of young lads and hope they're wonderkids.

Incoming loads of Columbians

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It feels like Jeff Shi is running the club like it's football manager. He's spent a bit to get us to top 8 and instead of spending more he's going to spend years now trying buy loads of young lads and hope they're wonderkids.

It’s not a bad strategy, apparently there’s plenty of mark up to be made on Columbian imports.

John DeLorean suggested it was better than gold after all!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There is always good money in a bit of colombian.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a real football club not a computer game. Even Nuno, when he took on a complete rebuilding job after Shamberk, didn't make that level of change at one time.
Most of the outgoings are the likes of ruddy Marcal campana ect it’s obvious that there will be a shift we have to prepare for it

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t we close this thread until the season is over? otherwise it will be over 1000 pages and impossible to find anything once the summer window opens.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont hold your hopes too high for summer .
All signs are that we are running in neutral. And that will probably drive talent away.
I think this is the big issue with Wolves for potential incoming players. If we finish say 8th/10th and Neves and Traore gone you have to wonder if top talent would want to come here? I understand Fosun's policy of buy young and sell for a profit but the team to compete for top 4 needs imo a nucleus of experienced players and perhaps 4/5 younger talents. The mf will need a complete overhaul as will the need for a 15/20 goal a season striker and that's assuming Jonny and Neto return ok. To move us up a level, which I believe Lage can do given the players, we will need 4 quality, Prem-ready additions to the side; and I don't include in this 'ones for the future'.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is the big issue with Wolves for potential incoming players. If we finish say 8th/10th and Neves and Traore gone you have to wonder if top talent would want to come here? I understand Fosun's policy of buy young and sell for a profit but the team to compete for top 4 needs imo a nucleus of experienced players and perhaps 4/5 younger talents. The mf will need a complete overhaul as will the need for a 15/20 goal a season striker and that's assuming Jonny and Neto return ok. To move us up a level, which I believe Lage can do given the players, we will need 4 quality, Prem-ready additions to the side; and I don't include in this 'ones for the future'.
I don’t believe Fosun have any plans to attack the top 4 , not even the top 6. If they did they surely would not have weakened our team this January , when our chances of top 6 are as good as they have ever been.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t believe Fosun have any plans to attack the top 4 , not even the top 6. If they did they surely would not have weakened our team this January , when our chances of top 6 are as good as they have ever been.
That's a pretty bleak outlook? I agree, if we could have got 2 top quality players in this January (FFP?), a mf and a striker, with our mean defence you have to think we could have had a shot at top 6. Perhaps going a bit OT but I'm interested to know, if not top level Prem, what do you think Fosun are doing at Wolves?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a pretty bleak outlook? I agree, if we could have got 2 top quality players in this January (FFP?), a mf and a striker, with our mean defence you have to think we could have had a shot at top 6. Perhaps going a bit OT but I'm interested to know, if not top level Prem, what do you think Fosun are doing at Wolves?
I believe they have established us as a "prominent" Premiership team. A name playing in the most watched league in the world .
That will be used for branding .
We will be parked in neutral and used to bring along youth, in the shop window of that watched league .
We will be well run and kept in a state that is too good to go down.

Last edited:

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is always good money in a bit of colombian.
Discussion about Charles Columbia should be in the ‘fans behaviour’ thread.

Am l doing this right?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is we actually loaned out Traore , which weakened our chances.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nurse, he's been at the meths again....

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Traore to be swapped for Trincao.
Makes sense.. Actually wouldn't be that upset by this I mean Traore gets his move he wants as he obviously wants to move on which is fair enough and we get a young winger who I do think has potential to be a good player... Up to Trincao to now show his ability on a more consistent basis here.....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There will have to be incomings of course and some players will leave but we do have some very good players out loan. Dont discount around 4 or 5 of the current players out on loan helping to form our squad for next season. Two shoe ins for me are Giles and MGW for starters. Then the likes of Corbeanu, Jordao, Ronan, Bolla, Sanderson may get chances in pre season.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a very bad deal but the alternative is even worse.

The alternative is that we don't sign Trincao, spend £6m penalty for not doing so, and then Barcelona renegotiate the Traore fee and we're in a position where we're lucky to get £12-15m.

So, we have to do it really, but a very bad deal.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just have to hope Trincao starts to deliver now, starting with tonight if he starts. He has all the potential in my opinion but seems to lack confidence at times.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Traore to be swapped for Trincao.

Spanish press will be biased towards a good deal for Traore vs Trincao. Yes I fully expect the Traore and Trincao deals to go through, but it won’t be a swap. Said as much when the Barca links for Traore surfaced. If the original rumoured figures are correct, Trincao signs for 20m and Traore signs for 30m. Both pocket a nice signing on fee which compensates Traore for his loan wage cut, and Trincao for the lower wage he’ll get when he signs for Wolves. Uncle Jorge pockets his fee for 50m of player sales. Wolves end up with 10m profit on the deals, and Barca swap Trincao’s old wages for Traore’s new wages.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Neto and Podence are fit then Trincao doesn’t get a start. Which means we’ve got a £25m player sat on the bench which was what everyone was moaning about with Adama.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Predicted it in December..adama n trincao swap......wont be surprised to see guedes in the summer as he will only have a year left on his deal, part of the deal may see one of boly , donk or podence going the other way....

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I not too fussed about swapping Traore for Trincao. Lage seems to really like him and fits in with how he wants to play. I wonder if wages will be a big issue.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There will have to be incomings of course and some players will leave but we do have some very good players out loan. Dont discount around 4 or 5 of the current players out on loan helping to form our squad for next season. Two shoe ins for me are Giles and MGW for starters. Then the likes of Corbeanu, Jordao, Ronan, Bolla, Sanderson may get chances in pre season.
Don't rule out any of the above being sold to help fund new players.......for instance if we are interested in the likes dael fry at Middlesbrough dont be surprised to see if Sanderson or Giles or even hoever isn't offered to the other way as part of the deal......jordao will be offered the other way for a player from Portugal for instance....

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes total sense. Trincao is 22, loads of potential and will have had a season to settle in. I'm am in total favour of this deal, given the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom