Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nketiah on a free anyone??
Not for me....don't want these big time ****ney boys anywhere near the club....no offense......unless we change the way we play, these sort of players won't work in our system anyway....nketiah would be another Silva....lost in the formation...........needs to a worldie up front for us , like Jimenez who can do most things....... Jimenez has made the one up front work, we've been spoilt with him..

Last edited:

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Botman will go for far more than we’ll be prepared to pay and Sanchez is having another season where he misses lots of games - if he’s like that in the French League God help him in the PL! Both these boats have sailed.
The way Sanches keeps picking up niggles - in the less intensive French league, as you pointe out - I think his boat has sailed and then sunk.

Pity and all that, but we've had too many sicknotes in the past.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Several things in that Sellars interview that are concerning to me. Will comment more tomorrow on it but one in particular stood out to me where it appears Sellars was suggesting that if Bruno wanted to sign a player that he didnt like it wouldnt happen. That concerns me if this is accurate.

Also this talk about bankrupting the club. I really fail to see how spending say 50 or 60 million on two or three quality players this summer would put jobs at risk or bankrupt us or maybe I am wrong.

I understand the self sustaining model they are going on about but I really feel this will not push us up any higher than we are now and always runs the risk of a potential decline.

We certainly have some very good talent coming though but they alone wont push us on further. The squad will need good investment this summer.

Without running the risk of having too much of a go I find that Sellars interview concerning as to how we might strengthen this summer as we will need to.
Re your first paragraph, why is that so worrying mage?

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tammy is decent , but unfortunately he is one of these players in the modern game who thinks he is too good for clubs like ours......
Think it was more down to the fact that we tried to sign him to play second fiddle to Raul which was the sticking point, and fair play to him, had a good season at Chelsea the following year and is now a fan favourite at Roma

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nketiah on a free anyone??
We certainly aren't going to be competitive on wages with some of the other offers he is likely to get. He'd expect to play regularly too which could cause issues with Raul. Gooners l know rate his ability...... when he can be bothered... they have questions over his attitude though. Oh it wouldn't be free either - as he's under 24 a compensation fee would be payable.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We certainly aren't going to be competitive on wages with some of the other offers he is likely to get. He'd expect to play regularly too which could cause issues with Raul. Gooners l know rate his ability...... when he can be bothered... they have questions over his attitude though. Oh it wouldn't be free either - as he's under 24 a compensation fee would be payable.
I‘ll probably get pelters for this but I don’t think we should be going into next season with Raul as our first choice striker.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I‘ll probably get pelters for this but I don’t think we should be going into next season with Raul as our first choice striker.
We have to talk openly and constructively about this situation. It's a question of whether he can ever be a striker that gets into double figures again. He is still our leading goalscorer and commands a place in our squad. The headband means it is very hard to direct his headers in the way he wants.

We may need to buy a target man for him to play off and stick mosquera in with kilman in a 4-4-2.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Raul, Saiss and Moutinho are still in our starting eleven next season I'll be disappointed. Great servants but we need a huge refresh this summer, whether it be signings or integrating youth

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to talk openly and constructively about this situation. It's a question of whether he can ever be a striker that gets into double figures again. He is still our leading goalscorer and commands a place in our squad. The headband means it is very hard to direct his headers in the way he wants.

We may need to buy a target man for him to play off and stick mosquera in with kilman in a 4-4-2.
I’d still like us to try an ever improving Coady with Kilman.
I think a side of
Sa
Semedo
Coady
Kilman
Jonny
Traore/Trincao
Neves
Moutinho
Neto
Hwang (at 10)
Raul

Could work

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reports I’ve seen and heard, including something from Ian Wright, suggest he’s a good finisher but offers little else. Sounds like Dean Sturridge. Don’t think that’s what we need the way we play currently or are likely to if Bruno does change things.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The more worrying thing is he's stopped trying to use his head in an attacking sense. Seems to trust a bicycle kick more

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d still like us to try an ever improving Coady with Kilman.
I think a side of
Sa
Semedo
Coady
Kilman
Jonny
Traore/Trincao
Neves
Moutinho
Neto
Hwang (at 10)
Raul

Could work

I'd like us to go four at the back against Villa to try and negate the loss of Neves with more attacking threat on the pitch. Have Moutinho in with Dendoncker and play Hwang, Podence and Trincao behind Silva. Would love Neto to start but appreciate he will probably start on the bench.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I'm just not that comfortable with Bruno being vetoed on signing a player he might want, NWW. although looking back on it I am sure this happens at plenty of clubs to be fair.
I think it happens at most clubs to be fair imagine if you were a Watford fan and the managers they get through?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think there is a bigger issue at play with our centre forward that everyone just blaming Raul.....yes he isn't the same threat in the air , in the box he was ,(understanable), but he is still the same isolated player he was before he had his bad injury.....replace him with another player we will have the same issue.....it isn't just the player it's the SET UP.......

Why do all our forward players struggle...Silva , cutrone , wiliam Jose, traore and nw trincao...even Jota did.
....we got lucky that Raul was such a complete centre forward he masked the problem...... defenders tend to fit in no problem, on the whole but forwards and midfielders tend to struggle.....no disrespect to toti gomes but he was hardly a top player and he fitted in easily where as endless forwards struggle.........

It's not a simple as just focus on Raul, he was cutting the same frustrated , isolated figure shortly before his injury......Raul , just like Fabio needs a new system for me.....stop baby sitting the centre backs and help the forwards out a bit more....it's not Raul injury that has caused the problem, there is only so long a player can keep up what Raul was doing for us , as such...

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think there is a bigger issue at play with our centre forward that everyone just blaming Raul.....yes he isn't the same threat in the air , in the box he was ,(understanable), but he is still the same isolated player he was before he had his bad injury.....replace him with another player we will have the same issue.....it isn't just the player it's the SET UP.......

Why do all our forward players struggle...Silva , cutrone , wiliam Jose, traore and nw trincao...even Jota did.
....we got lucky that Raul was such a complete centre forward he masked the problem...... defenders tend to fit in no problem, on the whole but forwards and midfielders tend to struggle.....no disrespect to toti gomes but he was hardly a top player and he fitted in easily where as endless forwards struggle.........

It's not a simple as just focus on Raul, he was cutting the same frustrated , isolated figure shortly before his injury......Raul , just like Fabio needs a new system for me.....stop baby sitting the centre backs and help the forwards out a bit more....

I think changing to a back four may help in this regard. More attacking players supporting Raul and playing a higher line.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's not a simple as just focus on Raul, he was cutting the same frustrated , isolated figure shortly before his injury......Raul , just like Fabio needs a new system for me.....stop baby sitting the centre backs and help the forwards out a bit more....it's not Raul injury that has caused the problem, there is only so long a player can keep up what Raul was doing for us , as such...
I agree to an extent, its a bit of both. We need to move away from 3/5 at the back or get better players in the CB positions and CM who can move the ball forward quicker and make quicker decisions. When Joao is on it him and Neves do a great job but neither of them are ball carriers,and he's at the end of his career

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree to an extent, its a bit of both. We need to move away from 3/5 at the back or get better players in the CB positions and CM who can move the ball forward quicker and make quicker decisions. When Joao is on it him and Neves do a great job but neither of them are ball carriers,and he's at the end of his career
Also with this and per my post a bit earlier, as much as Coady has been great for us and worth his weight in gold off the pitch, the best for us in the long run IMO is to find a way with him not in the side to progress. Sometimes we stop attacks and pass it all the way back to him, it's so predictable

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personal view for this Summer is

- Moutinho, Marcal and Saiss will go
- One of Neves or Donck will go (Donck having a 1-2 year contract left)

- we won’t have Traore and probably not Trincao (unless he carries on with Leeds form).

- we’ll decide we’re well stocked in CB (Gomes, Coady, Kilman, Boly and Mosquera) and let Sanderson go on loan.

- we’ll loan out Hoever and probably Giles and use Jonny, Semedo, Bolla and RAN as our 4 WBs (alternative is retain Giles and sell/loan Bolla).

- we’ll settle for our wingers - Podence, Neto, Hwang, MGW and Chiquinho with Campbell/Roberts as back-up.

- we’ll look to add an aerial threat to our 2 strikers - Raul and Silva.

- we may need a back-up keeper if Ruddy goes.

- we will clearly need 1-2 midfielders. This is the risk area and so will be some money spent.

So I can see purchases of

1-2 CMs
1 big target man striker
1 reserve GK

Anything else is a further sale to buy.

Not in the know….

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cause it is......can see both arguments , the reality is switch to a 4 and help the forwards won't necessarily get us more points or higher up the league.....

It's a dilemma Raul.....yes he used to chip with 3/4 very good headed goals a season before the injury , which he probably cant do because of the head band nw and to be fair we have stopped looking for that option as a team....but when people say he has lost it , for me he hasn't as such , he is just isolated.........which was happening before the injury......and the people who say replace him ..... then ask how much it will be to find a forward as good as Raul was before the injury...60/70m.....we haven't got it....so we need to adapt and change......

Fabio hasn't failed as such , he was just never gonna replace Raul as like for like....never was going to as he isn't that sort of players anyway, age etc doesn't help but it's not the main reason....Fabio isn't a Raul......our system and set up has failed Fabio as well...

Most our problems in midfield and forward areas are down to a lack of bodies, not just the players.... because of how we set up on a pitch....not all of them granted but it's just as much a factor as the individual......

People talk about Raul as if he isn't contributing .....it's madness ...his goals and assist this season are comparable with similar forwards in mid table sides..... villa , Leicester, Brighton , Southampton etc forwards ain't much different......

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm just not that comfortable with Bruno being vetoed on signing a player he might want, NWW. although looking back on it I am sure this happens at plenty of clubs to be fair.
Absolutely mate. I’d be worried giving carte Blanche.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We shouldn't have gone into this season with Raul as our first choice striker.
We have lacked real competition in the CF role since heres been here to be honest.... relying on the one experienced striker was always going to be an issue eventually.

As for the last 3 seasons at least ,we need to strengthen the spine of the team with proven first team quality players.

New CB, CM, CF.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personal view for this Summer is

- Moutinho, Marcal and Saiss will go
- One of Neves or Donck will go (Donck having a 1-2 year contract left)

- we won’t have Traore and probably not Trincao (unless he carries on with Leeds form).

- we’ll decide we’re well stocked in CB (Gomes, Coady, Kilman, Boly and Mosquera) and let Sanderson go on loan.

- we’ll loan out Hoever and probably Giles and use Jonny, Semedo, Bolla and RAN as our 4 WBs (alternative is retain Giles and sell/loan Bolla).

- we’ll settle for our wingers - Podence, Neto, Hwang, MGW and Chiquinho with Campbell/Roberts as back-up.

- we’ll look to add an aerial threat to our 2 strikers - Raul and Silva.

- we may need a back-up keeper if Ruddy goes.

- we will clearly need 1-2 midfielders. This is the risk area and so will be some money spent.

So I can see purchases of

1-2 CMs
1 big target man striker
1 reserve GK

Anything else is a further sale to buy.

Not in the know….

I can see most of that happening but I think Saiss will stay and Boly will go..... which I think would be more beneficial to the squad.

Wolvezone

Reaction score
Scott Sellars is just embarrassing. If Wolves go up two places they will play in Europe next year and will hardly go bankrupt anytime soon. I think it's time for the owner to show some adequate support. Adequate. Injuries have clearly taken a toll and always will. A team with ambition look at improving their squad. Asset management.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Raul's natural game has changed. He's more of a second striker now. Dropping deep, linking play. He always had that in his toolbox, but now it's who he is. If used correctly, he's still vital for us. But he's not the same type of striker he was before.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think i'd be happy to have him there, but we also need a realistic option who isnt an inexperienced kid. While he hasnt been anywhere near his best this season, how we play isnt helping either. Lets be honest, the bloke has had way too much pressure on his shoulders since he got here really. We need another viable option.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Adama situation will be an interesting one, obviously going to be some kind of swap if it does happen. Trincao, Puig, Mingueza the most likely candidates.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Adama situation will be an interesting one, obviously going to be some kind of swap if it does happen. Trincao, Puig, Mingueza the most likely candidates.
Interesting to see how this plays out. Mingueza & Puig would be my choice. Sellars won’t bankrupt us though so

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting to see how this plays out. Mingueza & Puig would be my choice. Sellars won’t bankrupt us though so
I’ve said for a while our best option would be to take Puig and Mingueza we could probably get both for Adama if they also wipe the Trincao loan fee.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve said for a while our best option would be to take Puig and Mingueza we could probably get both for Adama if they also wipe the Trincao loan fee.
Wouldn’t we of already paid the loan fee though?? 5m euros wow just wow

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talk of bankruptcy - *******s !
We have invested enough and grown our original investment - so that a decent DOF could rebalance and reuse existing funds.
If Sellars is good this is where he earns his salary. Time for him to make a difference or go.
If Moutinho, Dendoncker, Traore , Neves , Boly or anyone else goes - then use the funds and their saved salaries elsewhere .

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I do think the club should be trying to fit how the head coach/manager wants to play. You just cant sign players because they are decent players then expect a coach to just work with them. They have to fit his ethos or whats the point of employing a head coach/manager in the first place. We might as just as well have Sellars picking the side and motivating the players and employ coaches to do the day to day running of the side. Bit of a stretch that i know, but whoever they put in charge of the team should be the one telling the club the profile of the player he wants, not have it decided by committee.

Last edited:

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was the botman and sanches potential signings fictitious? If sellars says we have to be careful with money why would we have spent 70 million on those two players. Furthermore, it felt like we couldn't raise the money for vitinha whereas the vinagre sale self financed the ait nouri signing.

I want to know what the plans for the stadium are, and how much longer transfers will be self financed?

While we're talking about money why on earth was the traincao loan fee set at 4.5 million which is enough to buy a player.

Hopefully the john ireland stand will be condemned forcing them to build a new one.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was the botman and sanches potential signings fictitious? If sellars says we have to be careful with money why would we have spent 70 million on those two players. Furthermore, it felt like we couldn't raise the money for vitinha whereas the vinagre sale self financed the ait nouri signing.

I want to know what the plans for the stadium are, and how much longer transfers will be self financed?

While we're talking about money why on earth was the traincao loan fee set at 4.5 million which is enough to buy a player.

Hopefully the john ireland stand will be condemned forcing them to build a new one.

Its not going to get any better is it, the bloody thing is sinking!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No reason to get pelters at all
We have all seen him struggle this season,and as much as we all love him,sentiment cant come in to it
We need goals and Raul has not provided enough of them,its that simple really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom