Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
With all of these links to top players again like Nunes, Fernandez, Palhinha, Gabigol; I’m starting to wonder what is happening here. Was Jeff having us all on during the ask Wolves video? Has Guo has stepped in and told him to sort it out? Or are all of these links fake/put out by the club to ‘look’ ambitious? I have no idea like everyone else, but if we end up with a midfield of Neves, Nunes and Fernandez, Gabigol up front, a beast in central defence, whilst keeping Traore we are finishing in the top 4. That’s a certainty.

I can’t see it happening but if it does, the project is well and truly back on and a load of us (myself included) owe Jeff an apology for doubting him. Go on Jeffrey, make it happen!
Proof of what has actually happened will be the team that lines up v Leeds, and how we've done when the transfer window shuts on deadline day.
In the meantime, I shall continue to enjoy the rumours, suffice to say, there is plenty of time left for Scott and Jeff to get us ship shape for the new season.
I didn't mention Bruno. It seems to me, he vocally says what he wants but is going to get what he's given, having to make the best of what he's got.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A big ask to get enzo, unless us pushing opens sanches to us and enzo to milan. pulling at straws here.

Hobbs has gone over anyway with chances of gabigol, so not a one man mission for those questioning why he has gone, and a simple phone call asking if enzo wants to play the rest of the season at River

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with all of the above for players who are seemingly below the level that we are looking at. When you are trying to sign players who have or are playing for teams in European football or are generating interest from those teams, you need something to offer them. It doesn’t look like we offer huge wages so what do we offer that’s different?

It’s a difficult situation but I think we oversell the club we love at times. Take a step back, look at last season’s league table and the sides who finished above and around us - we aren’t any more appealing to players than a lot of those clubs are. Players don’t care about us being a “famous old club” in a “famous old ground” and won’t be watching the pathe news clips of Wolves vs Honved to decide whether or not to join us.

That said, if we sign Nunes please feel free to ignore this post.

I think we maybe underestimate the pull of the premier league and the money involved in it. Look at who Villa have signed, they aren’t coming because they love Villa Park they’re joining because they get to play in the most watched league in the world and they’ll get much better wages even at a mid table club too.

There can’t be many leagues where a team outside of the European challengers pays certain players six figure salaries like we were with Moutinho and Patricio etc. Plus from a strategic point of view, move to the Prem you will hugely increase your social media following, making you much more attractive to sponsors

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Logistics wise, if he was flying out yesterday and its a 16 hour flight realistically would hobbs have even had chance to speak to the player yet anyway?
Unsure if he would’ve taken a private jet or not, but I had a quick search just before work now and I could only see one public flight to Buenos Aires from the UK that landed yesterday, and it was at 11:30am local time. It would’ve left the UK the the night before at around 10-11pm.

Not particularly good with that sort of thing and only did a quick search so may have missed if there was another, not sure, but that’s all I could see.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we took th loan out against Jotas money to help fosun and not us.

Not a good look.
I wouldnt be to worried about fosun international selling off offshore bonds, given covid and debt - its not at extreme levels.

Remember Wolves as a company is a ringfenced asset although its owned by fosun, we have our own accounts. It would be if fosun are willing to inject cash in.

Share price is off 40% this year which is a little more concerning.

But They have the critical mass to ride this out.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unsure if he would’ve taken a private jet or not, but I had a quick search just before work now and I could only see one public flight to Buenos Aires from the UK that landed yesterday, and it was at 11:30 local time. It would’ve left the UK the the night before at around 10-11pm.

Not particularly good with that sort of thing and only did a quick search so may have missed if there was another, not sure, but that’s all I could see.
And nothing incoming to BHX or perhaps a direct flight Buenos Aires to Halfpenny Green ??? ;)

T

TheConcourse

Tough business, recruitment.

I often wonder why we can’t uncover the players that reach {insert big European club} and then go on to sell for 4/5x, but even then we’re competing with Benfica, Milan and the likes of..

We’ve got to try and do something different to attract these players to Wolves.

There’s got to be something beyond just training in the midlands for a middle of the road Premier League club and then travelling to games.

There are some lovely parts to live, but in comparison to London, or major European cities, we can’t compete with the lifestyle. We just can’t.

Time to do something radical.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldnt be to worried about fosun international selling off offshore bonds, given covid and debt - its not at extreme levels.

Remember Wolves as a company is a ringfenced asset although its owned by fosun, we have our own accounts. It would be if fosun are willing to inject cash in.

Quite. What is £15m going to achieve for Fosun when they’ve had a hit of billions in share price?

If people want to doom-monger, carry on, but at least make some sense with it. Making a quick sale of Wolves for £300m wouldn’t exactly help them much in the grand scheme of things.

The only way that’s relevant is, as it seemed for a while, we were going to sign Nunes for £40m+ and keep Neves. That would heavily imply an outside injection.
Or indeed, the old ‘get the money back in the country now or we lock up relatives’.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well apparently weve gone from being more clandestine than the CIA with our transfers to every move we make being out in the open lol
Its either we are putting pressure on other deals, theres a huge breakdown with overseas agents,or theres nothing in most of these reports
Probably a bit of everything tbh
The Nunes story is probably true as too many good sources have reported on it,Palhinha we know about
So if Nunes is stalling show him we have others in line and force his hand,whether they are true or not is another thing
As far as Enzo is concerned ive heard hes changed his mind and is now ready to leave this summer,so who knows
At least its better than silence :)

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

True, but it does make the likelihood of some extra money being given to Wolves to buy the likes of Nunes more unlikely.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
And you need to do what you need to do to get them.

It's like Rento Sanches. Even though he wasn't going to be fit till January we should've signed him in the summer anyway. Same with this lad. Take the half a season without him because long term he's worth it.

How do you know long term he will be worth it? That's something nobody can say.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On newsnow it says his clause rises to 25 milliin euros in july so he wants out now as a higher clause will put off suitors.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True, but it does make the likelihood of some extra money being given to Wolves to buy the likes of Nunes more unlikely.
Not really, so companies raise funds by basically issuing bonds, in this instance fosun have raised multiple offshore bonds, one in the eu for example.

But these bonds will mature, and they basically have bought back two of these bonds.

Unfortunately the china bond market is very low, so they have had to buy it back at a loss.

This wouldnt affect potential outflow to say wolves.

We are talking billions in debt £1,608,418,925.64 GBP (1.6b) that they are currently operating at.

In fluxing 100m into wolves with profit margins and potential gain, with their business model is nothing

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do you know long term he will be worth it? That's something nobody can say.

Because he's a player they could be worth 2/3x the value we would pay in a couple of years. He's a Neves level talent.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is always a gamble in taking a strong player from a much weaker league.
The 'we should give them anything they want because they'll only get better' is rubbish. If it was that easy, everyone would be doing it. It's about choosing the correct young players, at the correct price then having the patience to let them develop and not get rid after 1 year. Like we keep doing.

binners

Reaction score
Had a quick look on Expedia. Return flight to Buenos Aires, business class, is about £4.5k.

However, you never know, Hobbsy might come back with another Yerson Mosquera.

"Sorry boss, I couldn't persuade Enzo to come, but I found this bloke kicking a ball in the airport car park".
There could still be someone out there under the radar

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I often wonder why we can’t uncover the players that reach {insert big European club} and then go on to sell for 4/5x, but even then we’re competing with Benfica, Milan and the likes of..

There’s got to be something beyond just training in the midlands for a middle of the road Premier League club and then travelling to games.

There are some lovely parts to live, but in comparison to London, or major European cities, we can’t compete with the lifestyle. We just can’t.

Didnt seem to have a problem recruiting some very good players when we got promoted under Nuno. I do wonder if players see that the project has stalled and dont see us an attractive or ambitious opportunity anymore.

If I was a potential new signing and had watched Sellars and Shi videos the other week it wouldnt have exactly inspired me!

At this rate the club will have to take a chance on some players from the French and German leagues. Quite a few Premier League clubs targeting these leagues and getting players and clubs that are below us.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its times like this where you really need the "come here as we qualified for European Football" carrot to dangle. The capitulation last year really was unforgiveable and will hurt us in the transfer market for the better players who have options.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really, so companies raise funds by basically issuing bonds, in this instance fosun have raised multiple offshore bonds, one in the eu for example.

But these bonds will mature, and they basically have bought back two of these bonds.

Unfortunately the china bond market is very low, so they have had to buy it back at a loss.

This wouldnt affect potential outflow to say wolves.

We are talking billions in debt £1,608,418,925.64 GBP (1.6b) that they are currently operating at.

In fluxing 100m into wolves with profit margins and potential gain, with their business model is nothing
So £1.6Bn debt isn't a problem then. Great. Convinced me.

Could you tell my wife that taking a small overdraft to go watch Wolves pre-season tour is a worthwhile investment as well please.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He might be, he could also flop massively. Not settle and be playing for Grasshoppers in 2 years

The £17m for him this window is going to be the same £17m in January.

If that's the case might as well sign Jack Cork and settle for meh players

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great to see all the new faces gaffer. Errrr

Monday morning at Compton
Conor ‘Morning gaffer I see there are a few empty pegs this season has anyone signed for us yet ‘?
Bruno just gives a shrug .

You two are absolutely hilarious, have you thought about stand up comedy?

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Move Molineux to London?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom