Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A midfield of Neves, Nunes and MGW you say?

tenor.gif

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love my music mate. Only just started playing drums, 6 months in. I'm 57 lol. Wished I'd have played as a kid. I love it. Got a yamaha electronic kit. Likes rock, punk , indie etc .
57 and you’ve just started……excellent……fair play to you.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun/wolves need a big transfer window.

If they decide to actually invest and keep Neves, it'll get the fans off there back.
They may be realising that just being in the Premiership doesn’t guarantee big fees. If you’re not pushing top 6 or selling to Newcastle (or Everton) you are not getting big fees. Even then it’s not guaranteed, see Bisouma for £25m.

So to get the big fees they want they need to push for success in league position and cups. Therefore an element of investment maybe required. They may also be pushing for a change of style/formation as what we currently deliver doesn’t necessarily promote the skills of our prized assets.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

They may be realising that just being in the Premiership doesn’t guarantee big fees. If you’re not pushing top 6 or selling to Newcastle (or Everton) you are not getting big fees. Even then it’s not guaranteed, see Bisouma for £25m.

So to get the big fees they want they need to push for success in league position and cups. Therefore an element of investment maybe required. They may also be pushing for a change of style/formation as what we currently deliver doesn’t necessarily promote the skills of our prized assets.
I hate stats but to justify big fees the bigger clubs want output and that doesn’t happen to creative players playing in negative setups unfortunately.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would Neves & Nunes work in a midfield 2?

As in our hearts we’d all like to at least TRY a back 4 with Neves, Nunes & MGW, but the likelihood is that Coady will remain captain and we’ll continue with a back 5.

What about 4 at the back against everyone outside the top 6? Then knowing the system go back 5 against the “top 6”?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As in our hearts we’d all like to at least TRY a back 4 with Neves, Nunes & MGW, but the likelihood is that Coady will remain captain and we’ll continue with a back 5.

What about 4 at the back against everyone outside the top 6? Then knowing the system go back 5 against the “top 6”?

I think Neves can be the more defensive one and Nunes being the more adventurous one. Like Neves and Saiss in the championship and how The Sporting midfield work. Neves naturally likes to be a bit deeper where the space is anyway while Nunes likes to get forward from deep.

I wouldn't be surprised if MGW plays on the right where he played for Shef United and where we saw Trinaco and Donk play

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Neves with someone dynamic ala Nunes would work. He’s played CDM for Portugal recently. He needs someone who can carry the ball and break forward, our current 2 are very static and opposition know they have to mark the passes not cover the runs from midfield. Our back 4 is our other big conundrum. Coady is slow which creates problems with a high line, Kilman is quiet so needs a Coady next to him, Toti is raw and Boly doesn’t look great in a 4.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He can actually tackle
Exactly. To compare him to Donk is laughable. Donk tackles like a central defender in the penalty area with Jon Moss and Darren England officiating at Anfield. Except in an FA Cup semi final when he tackles like Paul Scholes. Palinha can tackle. We need Palinha and Nunes even keeping Neves

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now that would transform the side. Huge call selling someone proven to be a massive personality within the club, regardless of his playing ability he’s a top guy… But no room for sentiment imo

agreed and peak value right now

then throw everything at neves to keep him. £130k per week, tell him he's now our undisputed captain and leader

i'd even let him have his say on transfers!!

W

WasStefan

Jonny and Bueno?

You value an England international CB and a Belgian international at £15m a piece, yet Traore at £20m?

Also it’s not Football manager.
Coady isnt worth much more than £15m to any other side. Dendoncker maybe £20m. Traore £10m.

We should sell Traore and MGW for ~£25m, neither have been here for the majority of last season so no loss to current playing squad. Nunes at even £40m amortized over 5 year deal is *only* £8m a season. The £25m would basically pay for him being here for 3 years, then sell him on for profit.

Also the sales of Traore and MGW frees up £80k/pw in the process to pay Nunes salary.

I’m sure it’ll be that easy :D

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Neves can be the more defensive one and Nunes being the more adventurous one. Like Neves and Saiss in the championship and how The Sporting midfield work. Neves naturally likes to be a bit deeper where the space is anyway while Nunes likes to get forward from deep.

I wouldn't be surprised if MGW plays on the right where he played for Shef United and where we saw Trinaco and Donk play
If MGW is to play he would displace Neto or Podence. A "no" for me.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because of lack of playtime or because he didn't fancy the area?

Fosun have always said money is there for the right player.

If that is the case, Nunes should be a safe bet in terms of investment. A season or 2 thriving at this level and he'll be worth a fortune.

There is the problem. Thriving. Unless he fits a negative, passive system and set up of course, we look great then.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun have always said money is there for the right player.

If that is the case, Nunes should be a safe bet in terms of investment. A season or 2 thriving at this level and he'll be worth a fortune.
Does that mean Shi does not rate Palhina.

W

WasStefan

This is full England International Coady, who takes the armband for country at times?

You could eek 25-30 million out of Newcastle on that alone!
Who else plays back 3 like we do, he’s not worth much more (if any) than £15m to any other side. In fact if we could get £15m we should sell him tomorrow and invest it in someone like Botman and go back 4.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am 100% sure the club have had many long conversations about the *Coady problem*. It’s seriously holding us (and Lage) back.

if we could raise £60m from sales of traore, coady and MGW or podence then bring in nunes and proper CH then sorry but needs to be done. And i'm a huge fan of at least two of those! i'm still hoping guedes and / or rafa silva is going to arrive too

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa fans now calling us 'Wolverhampton Windowshoppers' because we spend so much time 'tracking' players
Rather surprising as they don't care about us at all. Especially if we're doing better than them.
In the end its who we have in the team come Leeds away, not how quickly we got there. Though the last few windows have eroded my faith in our transfer team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom