Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that's a career destroying move if ever I saw one.
Go somewhere you'll play mate.

this might be a good one to come back to in about 6 months...French football can be quite slow in the midfield, but with a forward like Mbappe to make you look good?

I don't think Vitinha looked suitable for English football, maybe it was his age and realising it would take him years to become the player Moutinho is....if PSG have money to burn they can take the gamble. If Wolves had 40 million to spend right now, would you be happy if it went on Vintinha? I wouldn't be on the evidence we've seen even since he left us.

dnf14

Reaction score

Apparently a bid has been rejected and the player is keen on the move according to this..
Says he prefers to stay at Sporting.

Correio da Manha have published that we were going to sign him for €40m and he is enthusiastic to move to us only days ago so I've given up entertaining a word they say. They just know this story will get them some clicks for the next while.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So we can't sign Palhinha because we haven't sold Neves but we can sign Nunes when we haven't sold Neves? Doesn't really make sense does it?

Even if we do sell Neves, which looks unlikely, all of our top targets will have moved already.

Making bids that aren't accepted for Nunes isn't going to help strengthen the team.

I don't think we have the money for Almeida, let alone Palhinha or Nunes. Sporting will have the money for Almeida though!

Asthmatic Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we had spent 20 million on him last year the Mix would've had a meltdown,

He had one good game for us against the albion,

Fair play to him though but I don't see how many "saw his ability" based on a handful of appearances most of which were sub par performances.

Maybe it was Nunos fault for not playing him more regularly.
I think the style of play was Nuno’s fault as it completely hamstrung him and others eg Jota (I mean Nuno’s latter style of play).

That said I’ve always thought that the ‘up and at ‘em’ expectation of many PL fans would’ve stymied the careers of even the greatest. I’m sure Pirlo, Busquets etc would’ve been villified as lacking pace strength etc. and not been given the chance to make it. Great players like Veron didn’t make it here and Modric became Godric (this is now whisky talking) only when he left.

So actually, I think this one of the few occasions where passing up (no pun intended - also whisky) on a player suited club, player and new club perfectly.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Quick everyone believe this immediately
You have to look at how many followers they have to gauge their credibility, and this account doesn't have many.
A better way would be wait till someone credible has some news. I'm sure if Wolves are working on this they will want no publicity whatsoever to get it over the line. See the Palhinha debacle for evidence of that!
I still think Wolves are after both players, but i could be wrong about that!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing with Vitinha the fee was pretty much peanuts. Yet we deemed it not good value and essentially not worth it.

The same recruitment team spend almost exactly the same amount on a non-sensical deal to make Hwang permanent.

They also gave away Adama just so they could pretend they were mixing it with the big boys.

Sorry, but personally I have zero faith in these people, zero.

Totally agree. Most of us on here knew we should have signed Vitinha as the thread that was brought up the other day shows. Agree that faith in our current recruitment team is very low.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to look at how many followers they have to gauge their credibility, and this account doesn't have many.
A better way would be wait till someone credible has some news. I'm sure if Wolves are working on this they will want no publicity whatsoever to get it over the line. See the Palhinha debacle for evidence of that!
I still think Wolves are after both players, but i could be wrong about that!
They are quoting a Correio De Manha which is a news site who might not be the best for info but they do have 464.1k followers on twitter...

This is a Wolves transfer window page surely it is the place to put these things to be honest I just post what I see on Twitter on here as some like a good transfer rumour then it is up to whoever if they believe it or not?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weirdly, I’m not so sure it’s that clear cut. Palhinha is the kind of player which would enable greater tactical flexibility even without a Nunes type player. Palhinha is like a Donk on steroids, and would enable the whole team to play a little more attacking. We’ve seen in glimpses that when we play like that, we look pretty good and with in form forwards, we’d score goals. Nunes alone would help, but unless paired with a Palhinha, could find himself with little support when he makes a breaking run.
Agree with this but…

If by some strange, weird and amazing slice of luck we keep hold of Neves then I’d rather have him and Nunes than him and Palhinha.

I’ve decided to be overly optimistic now.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are quoting a Correio De Manha which is a news site who might not be the best for info but they do have 464.1k followers on twitter...

This is a Wolves transfer window page surely it is the place to put these things to be honest I just post what I see on Twitter on here as some like a good transfer rumour then it is up to whoever if they believe it or not?
They said the other day the player wanted to join now he doesn’t. Sounds like they’re making it up as they go along.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we can't sign Palhinha because we haven't sold Neves but we can sign Nunes when we haven't sold Neves? Doesn't really make sense does it?

Even if we do sell Neves, which looks unlikely, all of our top targets will have moved already.

Making bids that aren't accepted for Nunes isn't going to help strengthen the team.

I don't think we have the money for Almeida, let alone Palhinha or Nunes. Sporting will have the money for Almeida though!
Yes it does, it’s not about money for them it’s about roles. Nunes in equals Moutinho out.
Palhinha in equals Neves out.

It has nothing to do with ‘affording’ the transfer fee.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They said the other day the player wanted to join now he doesn’t. Sounds like they’re making it up as they go along.
Yeah I've seen someone else say this.. To be honest it could well be based on an old article and things have moved on now as like you said last articles I've seen suggested he wanted the move..

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Believe whatever you want! I'll wait to see the usual credible sources and twitter accounts with more followers than a few hundred. But that's me.
Like i've said a few times now, until they have a shirt held up on the Molineux pitch it's pure speculation from pretty much everyone, including you and me.

Woolywolf

Reaction score
Let’s face it we pursue a player every window that’s pretty obviously beyond our reach….we’ve had Cancelo, Silva, Guedes. Dias, Sanches, now Nunes…they’re the ones I remember. I can’t work out whether our transfer team are delusional or whether they’re just having the fans at it

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we had spent 20 million on him last year the Mix would've had a meltdown,

He had one good game for us against the albion,

Fair play to him though but I don't see how many "saw his ability" based on a handful of appearances most of which were sub par performances.

Maybe it was Nunos fault for not playing him more regularly.
I agree that there were very mixed views on here, but I really enjoyed watching him play and was very disappointed we didn’t sign him.
Thought he played well in other games too to be fair and thought signing him and RAN was a no brainier to be honest.
Still remember Porto fans being more concerned about losing him than Fabio.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
er yes it does - if we keep neves we don’t want palhinha

Either way it appears we want Nunes (allegedly)

Not that difficult

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t understand that. Why would he refuse a new contract with us to sign for Leeds especially as he’s apparently turned them down already.

Money i'd say. Not that i blame him either, you have to look after yourself, but its clear its his motivator with his big contract offer from us ( according to Spiers and from what we have seen with others at the club ) that he turned down. Plus i reckon we wont offer him a new deal now anyway anywhere near close to his previous offer. We have moved on from him i think

Saying that, i'm not sure Leeds would be offering him more than our original offer to him either. Maybe its as i've said, we have decided to move on from him now regardless and made it clear to him. Any deal over 12 million is a good one for us with his contract running down.

Last edited:

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t get the hatred towards Adama.

Lovely guy, one of the few players that when he had the ball you were excited enough to get up out of your seat in the expectation he would do something amazing. Would be very happy if he signed a new deal and stayed with us.

I dont agree there is hatred towards him at all. Thats a bit of an overreaction. Some people think he is a world beater, some people think he is overrated, then you probably have a fair few like me who think he is a decent player who can be unplayable on his day when he is on it.

Its not just Adama, i think once you have a player turning down contract offers for over 6 or 7 months the writing is on the wall, and we let the Adama situation drag on way too long.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with this but…

If by some strange, weird and amazing slice of luck we keep hold of Neves then I’d rather have him and Nunes than him and Palhinha.

I’ve decided to be overly optimistic now.

I agree on that. I don’t think that’s an efficient use of squad capital, because I don’t think you need a Neves when a Palhinha at half the value, will do that role. But if the right offers are not coming in for Neves, then so be it. Perhaps there are alternatives to Palhinha for the CDM who could be acquired later in the window should the right offer come in for Neves?

Reactions: Ned

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness to Jos, the last couple of years have given him ample cause.
No..... When you're always looking at the things in a negative way the law of averages does gift you with being correct every once in a while

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Believe whatever you want! I'll wait to see the usual credible sources and twitter accounts with more followers than a few hundred. But that's me.
Like i've said a few times now, until they have a shirt held up on the Molineux pitch it's pure speculation from pretty much everyone, including you and me.
Personally, I don’t believe ANY sources of any type ……
Unless they’re signed, I wouldn’t believe even God himself. Why the bleedin’ hell would I? Been there, done that.
Once bitten, twice shy……except I was stupid enough to wait til I was bitten too many times before my brain finally over ruled my heart and said…….NO MORE!
Now I just wait…..what else can I do?
…………………..
True story.
Last time I let the transfer vortex get to me was late in the window 2018…..just weeks before we restarted in the PL.
Driving along, listening to CBC Q, ( a great cultural radio talk show). The guest that day was Robert Plant, ( he’s been a guest several times) and at one point the host asks Robert, “ why do you keep looking at your phone?”
Robert says ……” I’m watching for any news on the transfer window.”…..lol.
I was convinced we were going to sign a marquee player that summer…….hahaha….( never again I promised).

A lot of the small talk was edited out of the show before it was put on the CBC archives but here’s part of that interview and him explaining the Liquidator to the host……amusing

Robert was also shown a clip of an 8 year old Japanese girl playing the drums to Zeppelin. Worth a gander.

Last edited:

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair those that are criticising the frustration regarding Palhinha it wasnt just spotty teenagers and make up accounts reporting this. Fabrizio Romano is probably the most reliable journalist around when it comes to football transfers and he was very much reporting Fulham's interest yesterday.

I for one can understand the frustration on here and social media and the other Wolves forum which is normally very positive but no longer is. Each to their own though. I think all of us want the best for our club and have different ways of showing it.
Totally agree. Most of us on here knew we should have signed Vitinha as the thread that was brought up the other day shows. Agree that faith in our current recruitment team is very low.
Let’s not make things up re Vitinha. For whatever reason he barely played, and that’s Nuno’s fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom