Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not really a rumour just more the wording seem interesting as looking at this they seem to be reporting as if the deals are both going to happen...

They speak like we are getting Nunes and Fulham are getting Palhinha. Pretty sure Palhihna was considered Neves replacement and Nunes was to replace Dendoncker but the fees for each being the other way around with Neves/Nunes being the bigger sales and Palhihna/Dendoncker both around the same price. So if it were to happen it might mean we actually have more money to spend without the Neves sale than has been let on as I can't see us selling Neves if we don't get Palhihna but were under the impression for Nunes to happen we would need the Neves money.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Nunes and Al-Musrahti? Latter being the cheaper holding midfielder than Neves, but Nunes being far and away better going forward than Moutinho and Donk. How much is Al-Musrahti?

Same as Palhinha. About £17m.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair those that are criticising the frustration regarding Palhinha it wasnt just spotty teenagers and make up accounts reporting this. Fabrizio Romano is probably the most reliable journalist around when it comes to football transfers and he was very much reporting Fulham's interest yesterday.

I for one can understand the frustration on here and social media and the other Wolves forum which is normally very positive but no longer is. Each to their own though. I think all of us want the best for our club and have different ways of showing it.
To be fair he also said we still had an interest JOS.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Announced by Wolves as to the end of the season just finished, however Grasshoppers said for 18months (same as Sang-Bin Jeong). That was also reconfirmed when they announced their retained list (Jordao, Bolla and Bonatini back to loan clubs, Kawabe & Sang-bin Jeong "are set to stay in Zurich for 12 more months until summer 2023, as planned")

Very well, there is a thread you should follow somewhere about our loan players!! ;) Just kidding, I understand everyone is busy and there are plenty of other threads to keep on top of.

He's played really well, mainly as an AMC but sometimes as part of a 2 in midfield - 7 goals and 3 assists in 35 games. Second top scorer for them behind Kaly Sene. Bonatini had the same number of goals but also takes the penalties. Kawabe was one of 7 players (along with Bolla) to be nominated for POTS, however neither Bolla or Kawabe won in the end.
Cheers mate, also hope you continue the loan thread next season, always a good read!

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
What I'm struggling to understand is what are all these other clubs doing bidding for players in Portugal. I thought it had been long established that we have exclusive rights to the country.

It's like when a load of new kids start using your local, it's just not on.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can only find 7 transfer deals done since 1st June to all Premier League Clubs . One of those was Arsenal getting that Marquinhos .

So much written to date over so little action.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I really want to get excited about the possibility of Nunes signing, but after the disappointment with Sanches last summer I don’t want to get my hopes up too high.

I remember going to be bed safe in the knowledge that Renato would be announced as a Wolf in the morning. I had even transferred him to Wolves on Fifa and played a few games - HEARTBREAKING!

It was like getting a top class BJ and then right before the moment of truth the girl stops, pulls her head back and head butts you right in the balls!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a Ruben,Matheus partnership would be better.At least we would have one that knows the premier.Otherwise bringing in 2 midfielders from the same team might not click over here.Might not settle quick enough,OR not settle at all.At least Ruben is already a fixture.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun's player trading "strategy" to evolve their football club apparently falls apart at the seams when the core plan - to sell a major player asset each summer (Traore in 2021, Neves in 2022) - bumps against a reality of no other club being prepared to pay big bucks for that asset.

And equally apparently there isn't much of a Plan B (other than head and ball scratching) when Plan A goes belly up.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They speak like we are getting Nunes and Fulham are getting Palhinha. Pretty sure Palhihna was considered Neves replacement and Nunes was to replace Dendoncker but the fees for each being the other way around with Neves/Nunes being the bigger sales and Palhihna/Dendoncker both around the same price. So if it were to happen it might mean we actually have more money to spend without the Neves sale than has been let on as I can't see us selling Neves if we don't get Palhihna but were under the impression for Nunes to happen we would need the Neves money.
Honestly think if we don't get Palhinha it will be Al-Musrati who comes instead..

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I'm struggling to understand is what are all these other clubs doing bidding for players in Portugal. I thought it had been long established that we have exclusive rights to the country.

It's like when a load of new kids start using your local, it's just not on.
Me and my mates went to our local last Friday and there were some newbies sat at OUR table (we’ve had in 20 years, no one sits in it on a Friday). We all sat at the next table looking lovingly at our usual table then went home after 8 pints in a strop. Basically the analogy of the hand ringers on here looking at villa doing “bits”

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really want to get excited about the possibility of Nunes signing, but after the disappointment with Sanches last summer I don’t want to get my hopes up too high.

I remember going to be bed safe in the knowledge that Renato would be announced as a Wolf in the morning. I had even transferred him to Wolves on Fifa and played a few games - HEARTBREAKING!

It was like getting a top class BJ and then right before the moment of truth the girl stops, pulls her head back and head butts you right in the balls!
Screenshot_20220617-133508_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Unfortunately that Twitter profile is known to be completely unreliable on multiple forums.

I'm not saying i believe him. I couldn't give a **** what anybody on twitter says. I'll wait and see what happens.

Point I was making is that if there is a negative tweet then grown adults jump on it and chastise Jeff and the Fosun team like its gospel yet if anything positive is posted instantly they are considered unreliable, wouldnt know. I would suggest 99.99% know **** all in any case.

Just think there is a crowd on here who simply want to berate the ownership regardless of the fact that they know the square root of **** all, exactly like the rest of us.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read recently that Gonzalez is/was seen as the long-term successor to Busquets at Barca.

Which made me think he is clearly highly regarded as a very good holding midfield player, although he can play other midfield roles too.

I wonder if we are working on Gonzalez as our first choice, but Palhinha as the backup option?

Similar height, similar attributes. Both could play the holding midfield role very well alongside a more dynamic box to box player, but Gonzalez on a loan to buy is less initial cost, less risky and with more potential.

So Palhinha goes to Fulham.

Neves goes to Barca for around £50-60m, with £20m up front and the rest on a tiered payment structure.

We get Nunes for around £40-50m, with £20m up front and the rest on a tiered payment structure.

We get Gonzalez on loan, with an option to buy for £20-30m. If he's successful, we offset the remaining Neves fee to pay for him next summer.

So over the course of 2 summers, we'd have exchanged Neves for Nunes and Gonzalez, with no net cost this summer.

I'd be over the moon with something like that!!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the reality is that Jeff/Scott would love to spend big in this transfer window, but ultimately they are working to the directive of those above them. They are easy scapegoats because they’re the ones visibly at the head of the club.

Guo is perhaps not as interested in the club as he once was, given the previous ‘10 year plan’ that seems to have fallen to the wayside in recent interviews. It is what it is, our net spend will continue to be minimal, they’ll continue to invest in younger players with the view to making a profit on them in the long term. I don’t have a huge problem with that.

My problem is (or worry rather), is that they’re forgetting the value of proven experience. If Neves leaves this summer, and regardless of if Moutinho resigns (I hope he does, but you can’t expect a 36 year old to start every game), I feel we need two centre midfielders, a winger that can add goals, and a centre back - all of them need to be starters. Those holes won’t be filled by signing Mosquera or Gomes type signings (no disrespect intended to those lads specifically), but we need tried and tested players.

Another summer of ignoring glaringly obvious needs and we may be closer to the drop than most people think we are, our last 20 games of this season was relegation form and it won’t get any better after selling our best player. I’d love to have a more optimistic take but since the summer we’ve came up they’ve barely invested net spend wise.
I agree to an extent though I am slightly more optimistic. We will know for sure in August. I don't think I agree re Guo though impossible for us to really know. For me, the continued investment and effort going into the brand says they are still in it for the long term and, unlike some, I don't see that effort distracting from the football, rather it will build a base to support Wolves in the future.
Edit. As this is the transfer thread, Nunes looks great, gerrim in.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They speak like we are getting Nunes and Fulham are getting Palhinha. Pretty sure Palhihna was considered Neves replacement and Nunes was to replace Dendoncker but the fees for each being the other way around with Neves/Nunes being the bigger sales and Palhihna/Dendoncker both around the same price. So if it were to happen it might mean we actually have more money to spend without the Neves money.

From what i understand Palhihna is more similar to Dendonker. Whilst Neves and Nunes are completely different from each other and the others. Your probably looking at one of Palhihna or Dendonker plus one of Moutinho, Neves or Nunes or a midfield 3.

R

reanswolf

I love Palhinha based on what I saw, but he is big and physical whilst Wolves seem to like little and skill full .

No idea what Nunes is like but I’d be very surprised if we get him and Palhinha is inevitably going to Fulham.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi said to judge him and his team at the end of the last summer transfer window. It was ****. So was the subsequent January window.

So you can't blame those who are criticising Jeff & Co as they brought that criticism on themselves.
I can if it is based on a rumour that may never happen - or if it is personal abuse. However, I do agree last summer was a **** poor window.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not saying i believe him. I couldn't give a **** what anybody on twitter says. I'll wait and see what happens.

Point I was making is that if there is a negative tweet then grown adults jump on it and chastise Jeff and the Fosun team like its gospel yet if anything positive is posted instantly they are considered unreliable, wouldnt know. I would suggest 99.99% know **** all in any case.

Just think there is a crowd on here who simply want to berate the ownership regardless of the fact that they know the square root of **** all, exactly like the rest of us.
This is just not true, or at best a massive exaggeration.

You openly admit that you don't care what anybody says, so why get involved?

Other people do and if you don't know, Fabrizio Romano is as close to a guarantee as you can get. So when he says Fulham have agreed a fee with Sporting CP, they've agreed a fee.

Unfortunately the ones tweeting about Nunes are nowhere near as reliable.

If Romano tweets about Nunes joining Wolves then everyone will be buzzing so don't try and twist it as an agenda, it's simply dealing with what we've been told.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Blimey, not going to Beijing anytime soon then.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Me and my mates went to our local last Friday and there were some newbies sat at OUR table (we’ve had in 20 years, no one sits in it on a Friday). We all sat at the next table looking lovingly at our usual table then went home after 8 pints in a strop. Basically the analogy of the hand ringers on here looking at villa doing “bits”
Maybe your table for 2 will be free tonight fingers crossed :p

koplex

Groupie
Reaction score
I can if it is based on a rumour that may never happen - or if it is personal abuse. However, I do agree last summer was a **** poor window.
My point is that you can't blame our fans for pessimism when we have had a succession of poor windows. Combine tbat with continual ST price increases.

Agree about the OTT personal abuse, but that's football fans for you, and not unique to Wolves.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read recently that Gonzalez is/was seen as the long-term successor to Busquets at Barca.

Which made me think he is clearly highly regarded as a very good holding midfield player, although he can play other midfield roles too.

I wonder if we are working on Gonzalez as our first choice, but Palhinha as the backup option?

Similar height, similar attributes. Both could play the holding midfield role very well alongside a more dynamic box to box player, but Gonzalez on a loan to buy is less initial cost, less risky and with more potential.

Neves goes to Barca for around £50-60m, with £20m up front and the rest on a tiered payment structure.

We get Nunes for around £40-50m, with £20m up front and the rest on a tiered payment structure.

We get Gonzalez on loan, with an option to buy for £20-30m. If he's successful, we offset the remaining Neves fee to pay for him next summer.

So over the course of 2 summers, we'd have exchanged Neves for Nunes and Gonzalez, with no net cost this summer.

Personally think Nico would be too inexperienced to play the only holding midfielder role in the Prem a faster new league. Palhinha has been round the block a bit, a bit of a hard player. Depending on wages I'd contemplate Gueye from PSG. Probs on too much though.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Other people do and if you don't know, Fabrizio Romano is as close to a guarantee as you can get. So when he says Fulham have agreed a fee with Sporting CP, they've agreed a fee.

If Romano tweets about Nunes joining Wolves then everyone will be buzzing so don't try and twist it as an agenda, it's simply dealing with what we've been told.

I care about our transfers and am curious to see links however perhaps I should have said I dont let my hopes raise or fall based on twitter noise.

Yes, Romano is accurate but he said Fulham agreed a fee. Thats it. Nobody knows how important, if at all, he might be to Wolves.

Agree to disagree I guess but some only see or want to see the negative.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SmartSelect_20220617-140545_Chrome.jpg
Yet you happily quote the exact same source when it suits your agenda

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 28420
Yet you happily quote the exact same source when it suits your agenda

I happily do it all the time without an 'agenda'. If we're linked with players I mention it or potential outgoings.

This was clearly in reference to the big 'debate' that went on for so long yesterday. It's unfair to say people were going mad yesterday at unfounded rumours when they came from Romano.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hear that ringing?

That’s your phone.

Jeff Shi calling to see if you want a job

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally think Nico would be too inexperienced to play the only holding midfielder role in the Prem a faster new league. Palhinha has been round the block a bit, a bit of a hard player. Depending on wages I'd contemplate Gueye from PSG. Probs on too much though.

Not sure he ticks the 'no ****ers' box. A bit of a controversial character.

PSG probably looking to offload him after he refused to wear their rainbow shirt for pride week.

Don't want to get into that debate on this thread. If you agree with his stance, well done you, but just recognise that it's the sort of thing that causes issues nowadays, so best to steer clear.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what i understand Palhihna is more similar to Dendonker. Whilst Neves and Nunes are completely different from each other and the others. Your probably looking at one of Palhihna or Dendonker plus one of Moutinho, Neves or Nunes or a midfield 3.
This statement alone worries me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom