Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know anything about Nunes but others reckon he's a quality player so looks like a swap with Neves who is going but nobody knows where yet, just hope it's abroad.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are going to sell a midfielder this summer then, IMO, best thing to do is sell Donk. Then keep Ruben, give Moutinho another deal, and sign both these other guys.

Overnight we transform the midfield options.

A decent centre half and we are good to go.
Absolutely.

Keeping Moutinho alone makes sense, a presence but also a tutor for whoever is the young midfielder that comes in, should that be Nunes then he will be learning his trade from one of his legendary compatriots.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fingers crossed if we get this over the line I'll definitely take my comments back from yesterday!

But let's wait and see if it happens
I think your last sentence is dead right
Lets all just wait and see
Lots of ifs and buts and maybes so far,nothing concrete either way on anything

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From a journalist with 220k Twitter Followers. If accurate; let's finish the job and gerrim in!

Admittedly it seems to be picking up pace in Portugal, but Nicolo Schira isn’t considered that reliable at all.

The only time i’ve ever seen him break exclusive news and get it right was coincidentally when we signed Mosquera last summer. He was the first to report on it weirdly enough… but yeah, other than that he doesn’t have a great track record

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this thread quieter now, or is it just me?
Quite amusing seeing people say they don’t believe it or will wait to see what happens- yet the minute there’s a negative story or rumour about a player going elsewhere they treat it as fact and get annoyed.

I don’t understand it. We have no idea what is happening, who we are linked to or aren’t interested. More importantly there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. So why get upset when there’s ages to go until the window closes.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I think your last sentence is dead right
Lets all just wait and see
Lots of ifs and buts and maybes so far,nothing concrete either way on anything
Until they are holding a shirt up on the Molineux pitch it's all heresay anyway. No gnashing of teeth or fist shaking will change that.
Everyone has to hold on to their diapers until that moment..lol

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Man City are also in for Nunes it will come down to wages and if he wants to be a squad player, Unfortunately we won't be anywhere near Man City type wages.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From a journalist with 220k Twitter Followers. If accurate; let's finish the job and gerrim in!

Unfortunately it’s the same as our interest in Palhinha - agreement in principle. In other words, no Neves sale, no firm offer and no purchase. In the meantime, like Palhinha, he’s free to talk to any other interested clubs and they are free to make an offer. It’s entirely possible that both will be sold to other clubs before we are in a position to firm up our interest.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Man City are also in for Nunes it will come down to wages and if he wants to be a squad player, Unfortunately we won't be anywhere near Man City type wages.
That's a good point. Some said Grealish shouldn't have gone to City just to spend time sitting on the bench, but on the plus side he gets a shed load of money and a front crown seat to watch the best football on the planet.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on who we've been linked with alone my optimistic incomings would be:

Matheus Nunes £40m
Joao Palhinha £15m
David Carmo £25m
Nico Gonzalez (Loan with option)
Andre Almeida £8m
Goncalo Guedes £25m
Haris Seferovic £10m

Total £123m + loan fee

Outgoings
Ruben Neves £50m
Adama Traore £15m
Lender Dendoncker £20m
Ki-Jana Hoever £7m

Total £92m

That's a net outgoing of c£30m give or take pocket change. I do think that's probably a CB light and maybe one too many Midfielders but would be more than happy with that.

If we had a window like that, I would be excited and pleased. Unfortunately, it’s just wishful thinking unless Neves and Traore leave quickly for something like 70m between the two of them.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a good point. Some said Grealish shouldn't have gone to City just to spend time sitting on the bench, but on the plus side he gets a shed load of money and a front crown seat to watch the best football on the planet.

And some winners medals for his trophy cabinet which he was never going to get at Villa!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not suggesting anything still i see a wolves unveiling of said player or players.

Could always have al musrati alongside nunes

Houston Lobo

Reaction score

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For what its worth. He would be bench warming at City and be starting 11 for us knowing that good performances will get him to City.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
....Quiet until the next 'clickbait' article from sports witness, transfer tavern, this is futball or HITC that reports Arsenal are in for Matheus Nunes. People really should have learned by now but they continue to quote the spurious rubbish and use it to have a go at the club or its senior personnel.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Admittedly it seems to be picking up pace in Portugal, but Nicolo Schira isn’t considered that reliable at all.

The only time i’ve ever seen him break exclusive news and get it right was coincidentally when we signed Mosquera last summer. He was the first to report on it weirdly enough… but yeah, other than that he doesn’t have a great track record
@Hoganstolemywife

He’s a bit hit and miss yeah, but with it looking like it’s gathering a bit of pace in the papers over in Portugal, fingers crossed we hear something from someone who we know is 100% reliable soon

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that Barcelona members last night overwhelmingly voted in favour of Laporta's deal to sell off 25% of their future TV revenues for the next 25 years.

The deal is expecting to raise between £550m and £700m.

They still have to sort out their wage bill by offloading some players, but it means they now have the liquidity to buy players without selling first.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the Palhinha deal, is it sensible to get both him and Nunes from Sporting? I can’t remember the last time a team bought both midfielders from one team - sorry yes I can Drinkwater and Kante to Chelsea. Considering Sporting were beaten 5 and 5 by Man City and 5 and 4 by Ajax so buying both their midfielders may not be ideal.

I wonder whether we’ll get the lad from Braga or even keep Neves for one more year with a commitment to sell to Barcelona next year ie. When they’ve sorted out their money whilst taking Nico on loan this year in exchange for Adama. Complex I know but all doable. For those with long memories Keegan announced he was leaving Liverpool a full year before he did. It allowed Liverpool to use the Hamburg money and buy Dalglish.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the Palhinha deal, is it sensible to get both him and Nunes from Sporting? I can’t remember the last time a team bought both midfielders from one team - sorry yes I can Drinkwater and Kante to Chelsea. Considering Sporting were beaten 5 and 5 by Man City and 5 and 4 by Ajax so buying both their midfielders may not be ideal.

I wonder whether we’ll get the lad from Braga or even keep Neves for one more year with a commitment to sell to Barcelona next year ie. When they’ve sorted out their money whilst taking Nico on loan this year in exchange for Adama. Complex I know but all doable. For those with long memories Keegan announced he was leaving Liverpool a full year before he did. It allowed Liverpool to use the Hamburg money and buy Dalglish.
Those 5-0s aren't a reflection of the quality of nunes and palhinha.

Coops

Reaction score

A certain team near Wolverhampton conceded 5 goals this year against City too

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
All this talk of Nunes makes me wonder if Lage has been looking at other options such as Dendonkers place in the Belgium national team and thinking he could make a transition to defense (a la Cody).

Cody, Boly, Ait-Nouri, Mosquera, Jonny, Semedo, Kilman, Dendonker and Gomes give some interesting options at the back with possibility to switch between back 3/4/5 as needed which is what Lage has said he wants to do to set up differently depending who we play.

Adds competition for places and even if Neves does end up leaving could give us Nunes, Mouthino, Gibbs White with Cundle and/or Dendonker as back up. Neves stays…….. that’s some salivating potential partnerships in midfield!

Not sure we’d even need then to replace any of the front men, would like to think that midfield could get closer to them and provide some more creativity than the horseshoe of doom.

With a smaller squad we don’t have the luxury of the big boys of having lots of squad players for specific positions for specific systems on rotation so with limited budget who/what gives us the most options for our money makes sense so I could see some truth in going for a ‘big’ (with sell on potential) signing that shores up a key area of the pitch and then being ’creative’ with the players we already have on the books and getting rid of some we really don’t need or who don’t want to be at the club e.g. Cutrone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom