Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on guys, seriously if we wanted Paulinha he'd be ours over Fulham everyday of the week.

If he goes there we just didn't want him

Nope. Its because in all likelihood our head coach does want him but in my opinion our tight owners wont stump up any cash unless we sell someone.

Romano, one of the most reliable journalists in football tweeted we wanted him on numerous occasions but it is looking more obvious to me that whilst our club dithers in the transfer market, other clubs are being decisive and proactive and we are not and as a result we are missing out on targets.

Of course I could be wrong but this is the strong feeling and impression I am getting of our club and it isnt good.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is it about Palhinha that's so appealing? He's slow and limited as a footballer, like a slightly different version of Donk.

We've 2 midfielders currently...
Can't afford to be picky

Having said that, I do rate Palhinha...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is it about Palhinha that's so appealing? He's slow and limited as a footballer, like a slightly different version of Donk.

Yet according to Romano our club very much want him. The issue is they dont seem to want to sign anyone without selling.

At the moment he would get in our side alongside Neves as Moutinho needs to be used more sparingly next season and Dendoncker is er well.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This isnt about having 'fun with it all' this is our life and commitment. This mean a hell of a lot to us. I wish it was as easy as having a chuckle as the window unwinds. But we can see things aren't right, we can see the previous windows and the current squad. We know out football and can smell BS.
Guys are ridiculed about being genuinely worried about a massive passion in their life. In my opinion rightly worried.
The guys that argue with them are also worried and fearing for their beloved team, but are hoping for the best and believing it will be ok.

Very well said, mate.

DJW

Reaction score
Someone please find my post when I said I honestly believe Palhinha won’t sign, and got laughed at.

But this is what’s happening.

We’re keeping Neves, thus not NEEDING Palhinha, and we’re ramping up the squad by hopefully landing Nunes.

Be honest people, who would you rather have, a Midfield 2 of Palhinha & Nunes, or Neves & Nunes.

And it will be a 2 because of Coady staying, and a back 5 will resume next season.

NEVES & NUNES for me every day of the week.
I 'liked' your post but in reality I would prefer all 3 and have it part funded by the sale of Moutinho, Donk and MGW if that's the only way to do it. I love all 3 of those players, but if it can be done that way, I'd settle for it.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One possibility is that Palhinha is the cheap option if Neves doesn't leave. We might be reluctant to agree a deal if we're close to getting a wedge for Ruben. This would tally with the reports of us being in for Nunes for a lot more money. Or Jeff is a cheapskate, I'll suppose we'll find out at the end of the window.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
This isnt about having 'fun with it all' this is our life and commitment. This mean a hell of a lot to us. I wish it was as easy as having a chuckle as the window unwinds. But we can see things aren't right, we can see the previous windows and the current squad. We know out football and can smell BS.
Guys are ridiculed about being genuinely worried about a massive passion in their life. In my opinion rightly worried.
The guys that argue with them are also worried and fearing for their beloved team, but are hoping for the best and believing it will be ok.
It's philosophical - worrying about something you cannot control in the slightest is no way to live in my opinion.

Guys are being ridiculed for being this:

@Flump did a nice job of finding one. Many of the more negative posters feared relegation last year - not even close. So, sorry if some don't find the "sky is falling" crowd too credible. I will say this: even the more positive posters who tend to defend Fosun, know that the squad has weaknesses, including myself--we have to score more goals and we have to be more dynamic. We are slow as ****, outside of our wingers. I will be disappointed if we don't get Bruno the players he needs - I will wait until I know this to be true.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The trouble with transfer windows is you only know if they were successful in years to come.

Let's say they have decided Palinha is not what is required, and they have identified a younger dynamic midfielder. He may be cheaper or maybe riskier, but even at the end of the window we are not actually going to know if it was the right call. We might all have an opinion but we are not really going to know.

I don't have much of a view on Palinha, but he appears to be a capable player and gives some height. He doesn't drive us up field and I expect Nunes will be the more valuable player.

I do think that if we really wanted Palinha we would get him. We made £18m profit and we will get other sales. It just can't be about money. It has to be about the mix of players they believe will go or stay.

I just don't get worked up about it, they know the current squad is odds on for a relegation battle, there is just not enough goals in the side.

We will make signings in the next two or three weeks, only time will tell if they are the right ones.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's philosophical - worrying about something you cannot control in the slightest is no way to live in my opinion.

Guys are being ridiculed for being this:

@Flump did a nice job of finding one. Many of the more negative posters feared relegation last year - not even close. So, sorry if some don't find the "sky is falling" crowd too credible. I will say this: even the more positive posters who tend to defend Fosun, know that the squad has weaknesses, including myself--we have to score more goals and we have to be more dynamic. We are slow as ****, outside of our wingers. I will be disappointed if we don't get Bruno the players he needs - I will wait until I know this to be true.
I will wait as well.

A recurring theme is you lot rarely criticise. As has been repeated here many times, this is not the first window we've needed changes and nothing's happened.

We had last summer. We had January. It gets defended time and time again. So you should correct your last sentence - you will be disappointed if we don't get Bruno the players he needs - then you will work out another way to say it's not Fosun's fault.

Unfortunately too many have nailed themselves to one side and won't switch. We've just come off a January window that was so bad it's unreal yet here we are.

I get you think I'm the opposite side but I'm more than happy to apologise and say I've got it wrong if I do, let's hope we don't have to find out if you will do the same.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will wait as well.

A recurring theme is you lot rarely criticise. As has been repeated here many times, this is not the first window we've needed changes and nothing's happened.

We had last summer. We had January. It gets defended time and time again. So you should correct your last sentence - you will be disappointed if we don't get Bruno the players he needs - then you will work out another way to say it's not Fosun's fault.

Unfortunately too many have nailed themselves to one side and won't switch. We've just come off a January window that was so bad it's unreal yet here we are.

I get you think I'm the opposite side but I'm more than happy to apologise and say I've got it wrong if I do, let's hope we don't have to find out if you will do the same.

Well said, mate.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will wait as well.

And we'd have been in a worse state had we qualified for Europe.

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
One possibility is that Palhinha is the cheap option if Neves doesn't leave. We might be reluctant to agree a deal if we're close to getting a wedge for Ruben. This would tally with the reports of us being in for Nunes for a lot more money. Or Jeff is a cheapskate, I'll suppose we'll find out at the end of the window.

This is what I'm thinking as well. Or that Palhinha was our locked in Neves replacement should we be able to sell him. Either way it seems like Sporting/Palhinha's camp is getting a little impatient and either the Fulham links are very real or they're putting pressure on us to get moving with our plans.

It's so early in the window so I don't want to get too worked up, but it feels slightly like last year where we couldn't get the value we wanted for Adama/Neves, and by the time we looked to do any business the window was just about closed and we either couldn't pry players away from their clubs/we didn't have the funds because we couldn't sell. Nunes would be great, but it's not a deal we'll do without selling Neves first. The longer we wait, the more likely Liverpool/United/Newcastle/Everton swoop in with a higher offer

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt it. Seen it all before with this chap. Unless Fabrizio tweets it, I assume 95 percent is tosh
The source is SICNoticias who are fairly reliable in Portugal. They have the most reliable journalist in the country, Pedro Sepulveda, employed to them as well. If it develops further we could be onto something fingers crossed

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone please find my post when I said I honestly believe Palhinha won’t sign, and got laughed at.

But this is what’s happening.

We’re keeping Neves, thus not NEEDING Palhinha, and we’re ramping up the squad by hopefully landing Nunes.

Be honest people, who would you rather have, a Midfield 2 of Palhinha & Nunes, or Neves & Nunes.

And it will be a 2 because of Coady staying, and a back 5 will resume next season.

NEVES & NUNES for me every day of the week.

But we aren't buying Nunes without selling Neves... so the two are totally irrelevant

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What concerns me is we can use 5 subs this season during a game. Will be a fat lot of use to us the way it is going. Of course it could all change in a few weeks but pre season training starts weeks after next and we cant even get Moutinho or MGW to commit to new deals yet. The Moutinho contract situation going on for months now.

Really annoys me that our powers that be arent proactive and this sell to buy situation is a farce.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What concerns me is we can use 5 subs this season during a game. Will be a fat lot of use to us the way it is going. Of course it could all change in a few weeks but pre season training starts weeks after next and we cant even get Moutinho or MGW to commit to new deals yet. The Moutinho contract situation going on for months now.

Really annoys me that our powers that be arent proactive and this sell to buy situation is a farce.

It was said by someone who knows Gibbs white it will be decided when the players are back.

Mout has been away on internationals and holiday, the deals being worked on is he worth two years or just one etc for the money he is on

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The source is SICNoticias who are fairly reliable in Portugal. They have the most reliable journalist in the country, Pedro Sepulveda, employed to them as well. If it develops further we could be onto something fingers crossed
Fair enough. You are the man who knows his Twitter sources so I defer!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The only bit of insight I have is that Wolves released the update that the Moutinho contract situation was progressing (multiple sources picking up news within minutes of each other means this 99 per cent of the time) so that one is clearly happening.

Mad that pre season starts so soon innit

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
images

tinfoil-hats-thumb.jpg

man-reading-a-long-paper-picture-id1206677239

file-20170919-22691-1ul2yna.jpg

I'm assuming the last 20+ pages that has been the theme .

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quote:”Midfield isn't the reason we don't play 4 at the back.”

I actually think it is. As good as Neves and Moutinho are, they are not that quick and we often get over run and dominated in midfield so the defence is under pressure. Strengthen the midfield and THEN we may be able to go to 4 at the back.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
I will wait as well.

You could be right - I my view, there are a strong minority of posters who are so consistently negative and over the top, that I feel like I want to counterbalance what's posted from time to time. I'm definitely not prolific - more of a lurker than anything.

I've mentioned this before, but I really think that too many people (in general and on the Mix) are too myopic in their thinking - I'm a strategic planner and data analyst by trade so I tend to focus on longer-term trends and strategies, and I'm aware of the complexities of our world. I understand the model that Fosun is pursuing and I wholeheartedly agree with the approach - it's a sustainable, rational model for keeping the club competitive in the most difficult league in the world. If you expand your time horizon a bit, then things do not look all that bad.

Summer 2021 window I gave it an average rating - not great, not horrific. We brought in Sa, Hwang, Trincao, and Mosquera. Sa was excellent, Hwang was decent (about what I expected for 12mil), Trincao a disappointment, and who knows about Mosquera. I believe our pursuit of Sanches and Botman were real attempts - we got spooked about the price for Sanches (probably the right call since he's crocked again) and Lille jerked us around on the price for Botman (see Newcastle). I think 36mil for Botman is overpaying as well--others with more speed for less money, IMO. I was disappointed that we did not bring in that athletic CM, though - but, it didn't hurt us in the end, either.

I'm sanguine about Traore and the move to Barcelona - Adama has us over a barrel as he wouldn't sign the contract we offered and we didn't get much in the way of transfer money. Too bad Trincao flopped in the Premier League as I think that the trade would have happened had he succeeded. I like Adama, but I don't think that he fits how Bruno wants to play so let's hope we can get 20mil.

I will unhappily mea culpa if we get relegated next year and I will just shut the **** up with my positivity. Can others make the same deal in the reverse? Hmmm. :)

(P.S. While the January window was a nonentity, I do like the Chiquinho move A LOT)

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I actually think it is. As good as Neves and Moutinho are, they are not that quick and we often get over run and dominated in midfield so the defence is under pressure. Strengthen the midfield and THEN we may be able to go to 4 at the back.
Our CBs are the reason 4 ATB is a non starter

Neves & Moutinho have some really good defensive stats

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could be right - I my view, there are a strong minority of posters who are so consistently negative and over the top, that I feel like I want to counterbalance what's posted from time to time. I'm definitely not prolific - more of a lurker than anything.

I've mentioned this before, but I really think that too many people (in general and on the Mix) are too myopic in their thinking - I'm a strategic planner and data analyst by trade so I tend to focus on longer-term trends and strategies, and I'm aware of the complexities of our world. I understand the model that Fosun is pursuing and I wholeheartedly agree with the approach - it's a sustainable, rational model for keeping the club competitive in the most difficult league in the world. If you expand your time horizon a bit, then things do not look all that bad.

Summer 2021 window I gave it an average rating - not great, not horrific. We brought in Sa, Hwang, Trincao, and Mosquera. Sa was excellent, Hwang was decent (about what I expected for 12mil), Trincao a disappointment, and who knows about Mosquera. I believe our pursuit of Sanches and Botman were real attempts - we got spooked about the price for Sanches (probably the right call since he's crocked again) and Lille jerked us around on the price for Botman (see Newcastle). I think 36mil for Botman is overpaying as well--others with more speed for less money, IMO. I was disappointed that we did not bring in that athletic CM, though - but, it didn't hurt us in the end, either.

I'm sanguine about Traore and the move to Barcelona - Adama has us over a barrel as he wouldn't sign the contract we offered and we didn't get much in the way of transfer money. Too bad Trincao flopped in the Premier League as I think that the trade would have happened had he succeeded. I like Adama, but I don't think that he fits how Bruno wants to play so let's hope we can get 20mil.

I will unhappily mea culpa if we get relegated next year and I will just shut the **** up with my positivity. Can others make the same deal in the reverse? Hmmm. :)

(P.S. While the January window was a nonentity, I do like the Chiquinho move A LOT)
You shouldn't feel the 'need' to counterbalance, you should post your thoughts. This is the first time you've (softly) criticised, describing the January window as a nonentity, you didn't say that at the time.

You're clearly very generous with your rating of us having an average summer window when Mosquera contributed nothing (not his fault), Trincao contributed just a little bit more than nothing and Hwang is not very good. Sa, as you say, was excellent but that doesn't hide from the fact it was a poor window.

You also brush over a January window that saw us go from competing for Europe to finishing 10th. Not only did we fail to strengthen we gave a player away, which you weakly attempt to justify, and our results went from top six to bottom six. It was a disaster. An absolute disaster.

It's not about relegation, it's not about you shutting up with your positivity, just be honest about it. If you've still got faith in them, fine, that's up to you, I totally accept they will still have some credit in the bank with supporters, but don't refuse to acknowledge other 'negative' points because it seems like you feel like you have to?

Oh, and as a data analyst who looks at trends, why don't you look at the numbers and stats for how we've been playing in the last year or so you'd see things aren't all that great at all!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ultimately making a mere £2m profit on Adama, after he was touted as unplayable by the two top managers in England, would not at all reflect well on Jeff. And I am not optimistic we will even get that; I fully expect him to walk on a Bosman at the end of the season.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes this

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score

I completely agree with all of this (as I do with all of your posts), which may also be at least partly because I am also a strategic planner!

As someone said above too (might also have been you) I generally don’t get too upset about things I can’t control. Wolves transfer business is one of those things.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Icardi on loan. Lots on tinterwebs if you Google's. Likely bullshat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom