Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Notice how Fabrizio hasn’t mentioned that we’ve agreed any deal with Sporting? Our offer is likely just an on the table proposal to Palhinha for when we get the funds from Neves… doesn’t mean we’ve actually bid for the player yet

And what choice is that for Palhinha then? A real offer from Fulham, or the potential of an offer from Wolves in the event we sell Neves? I’m pretty sure I know what decision that triggers. Meanwhile Sellars is busily looking for the next youngster to loan to Grasshoppers.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If he chooses Fulham, then if I were Bruno, I’d walk. Tell Scott and Jeff where to stick their job. Probably put Sellars in charge of the team to save a few more quid.

Im sorry but Bruno knows the budgets why wouldn’t he have left earlier

Is being lied to?

Plus what can Sellers do with no budget

Blame fosun big wigs

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im sorry but Bruno knows the budgets why wouldn’t he have left earlier

Is being lied to?

Plus what can Sellers do with no budget

Blame fosun big wigs

That’s why I said Jeff and Scott. Sellars is a hand puppet. Nothing more.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought I was reading something different too!!
We haven't agreed a fee the guy who Fabrizio Romano is getting the information from has already said this.... It isn't a case of him choosing between the two as we haven't agreed a deal with Sporting...

At this moment in time Palhinha has a choice of staying at Sporting (wait and see if we make an offer) or go to Fulham!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We haven't agreed a fee the guy who Fabrizio Romano is getting the information from has already said this.... It isn't a case of him choosing between the two as we haven't agreed a deal with Sporting...

At this moment in time Palhinha has a choice of staying at Sporting (wait and see if we make an offer) or go to Fulham!
Yep. I can’t help thinking that we have someone else in mind. I dunno.
And I’d he goes to Fulham, is he THAT good?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I assume a mid-tier Portuguese player always picks Wolves over Fulham (both in terms of money, status and the obvious Mendes/Portuguese connection) so this chap's apparently impending arrival at Fulham suggests we aren't in for him.

If Bruno has identified him as a player he wants to sign, that's very disappointing. He seems like such an obvious Woves signing on paper so it's confusing that we are looking elsewhere. As others have said, funds are always found for the right player in this bracket. I just happen to think he's the right player.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I assume a mid-tier Portuguese player always picks Wolves over Fulham (both in terms of money, status and the obvious Mendes/Portuguese connection) so this chap's apparently impending arrival at Fulham suggests we aren't in for him.

If Bruno has identified him as a player he wants to sign, that's very disappointing. He seems like such an obvious Woves signing on paper so it's confusing that we are looking elsewhere. As others have said, funds are always found for the right player in this bracket. I just happen to think he's the right player.

Rubbish. Clearly in for him based on fab

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone who suggests they would rather Neves stay and us not sign Palhinha have the memory of a goldfish.

We need at least one more midfielder irrespective of what happens with Neves.

You are making the excuses for the club up for them!

Exactly! We needed a midfielder anyway regardless of who leaves. Funny how this is constantly overlooked and made as an excuse.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only £18m and he seems perfect for the new system Bruno wants to play. Hopefully we can still get this one over the line.

I agree, but I'll caveat that with a) we don't know what system we will play next season, b) we don't know that he's a target and c) if he is, we don't know whether we've made an offer.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are basing it on the past 3 seasons when we’ve had a bigger squad and a younger moutinho.

With moutinho now ageing, saiss gone, traore likely to go, neves likely to go, there really isn’t much between the two sides .

There is. They may be able to field a full squad come August!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t get what has changed in the reporting from 24 hours ago?

Isn’t that deal still in the exact same place as what was reported previously but we’re now all freaking out?
We havent moved in 24 hours ie no changes to wolves position, but fulham have big, had it agreed, and then given him a contract proposal.

If he says yes will be having a medical by next week at fulham.

All with us waiting on cash to be available to bid for sporting.

We might have had discussions, talked about personal terms. But we haven't actually engaged sporting with an offer.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've given my evidence already. The last 3 years worth of transfer windows have been absolutely abysmal. In his last 18 months, Nuno was not backed properly and neither now is Bruno. The squad has been neglected over the last 3 years or so, resulting in us needing a rebuild in one summer, and choosing to rely on selling our best player to fund it. How much more evidence do you need? It is literally happening right in front of you - well maybe not, seeing as you most likely haven't set foot in Molineux.

Where is your evidence that I am 'way off' then? I notice you didn't answer my question, but instead turned it back to me. I'm all ears. Go on - give me your evidence for why this window is going to be different to any of the other failed ones of the last 2-3 years? Bruno has constantly asked for players, and not got them.
We’re not going to convince each other, are we?
You see Wolves mgt. one way and I don’t share your views.
I‘m not dodging you or your questions but it’s better to stick to my usual habit of reading this thread instead of challenging the multitude of negative posts.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, but I'll caveat that with a) we don't know what system we will play next season, b) we don't know that he's a target and c) if he is, we don't know whether we've made an offer.
You could add, d) we don’t know who the coach will be next season.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are if we dilly dally around and don't stump up.
That's what I mean. If both Wolves and Fulham are in for a player, they go to Wolves. If both Arsenal and Wolves are in for a player, they go to Arsenal. Ipso facto, if a player goes to a lesser club, the bigger club wasn't in for them!

And that's what I find puzzling

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal about to sign the next Gestifute superstar, Fabio Vieira from Porto. £35m.

Shame that, as I hoped he'd be one that is on our radar.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. I can’t help thinking that we have someone else in mind. I dunno.
And I’d he goes to Fulham, is he THAT good?

The only issue with this is you have to take a chance and trust yourself to be "creative" in the transfer market as Jeff tells us...

The players that are obviously good enough are hoovered up by the top 6 - we cant compete
The players that may be good enough (current internationals) are too expensive but we are not really competing with clubs around our level (or below)

It appears we are shopping for highly rated kids that may go onto be mega -and be a RAN or a Neto. The issue with this is that we lose out to clubs taking a similar risk - Marquinho going to Arsenal for example or we end up with lots of U23's. I just think that the more senior players that leave the weaker we are and less attractive to new signings.

People will say its dramatic, but we have pretty quickly gone from a club that seemed to have a vision, fan support, one pack and all that stuff to a club that says little, has stopped investing and is looking to muddle along.

As people say Fosun are successful business people and they initially understood the investment required to get us where we are now. They do their due diligence, they understood what it means to run a club so they shouldn't be surprised they still need to spend money.
Palhinha may come to Wolves but it feels like the connection between fans and club (which was so strong) is weakening.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Between us not signing any one and other clubs hoovering up Portuguese talent instead I don't think I'm going to survive the next 2 and a half weeks yet alone the 2 and a half months left of this window.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Jeff’s been burnt by blowback from the Silva deal? Might help explain why we’ve been so timid in the market since that window.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re not going to convince each other, are we?
You see Wolves mgt. one way and I don’t share your views.
I‘m not dodging you or your questions but it’s better to stick to my usual habit of reading this thread instead of challenging the multitude of negative posts.

See, you can't give an answer. I backed up my opinion with evidence, and you backed up yours with.....?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We haven’t bid the required amount for him so he isn’t turning us down

Doesn’t mean we aren’t in for him.
Ahhhhh, we are on the same page then. I thought you were suggesting he chose Fulham over us

Agree in that case. Obviously we don't know the ins and outs but IF it as simple as a few extra million, I'd say it's a no-brainer.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t get what has changed in the reporting from 24 hours ago?

Isn’t that deal still in the exact same place as what was reported previously but we’re now all freaking out?
Absolutely right
The only thing thats changed is Fulham putting in a firm offer
No one knows what, if anything, we have offered,or how advanced our talks, if any ,have gone
If reports are true that its up to the player to decide, then we must have an offer in or the player would have no choice to make lol

Asthmatic Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's what I mean. If both Wolves and Fulham are in for a player, they go to Wolves. If both Arsenal and Wolves are in for a player, they go to Arsenal. Ipso facto, if a player goes to a lesser club, the bigger club wasn't in for them!

And that's what I find puzzling
I do agree generally but money and project can make an exception, eg Guimaeres to Newcastle rather than Arsenal

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely right
No one knows what, if anything, we have offered,or how advanced our talks, if any ,have gone
If reports are true that its up to the player to decide, then we must have an offer in or the player would have no choice to make lol
And Romano - a respected journalist, not a Wolves twitter account, that knows his stuff saying the Fulham bid has been accepted, he doesn't mention an accepted offer from Wolves.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely right

Not necessarily. We may have expressed an interest, and agreed indicative fees and personal terms, but without making a formal offer he and Sporting can accept. A bit like making an offer on a house when you haven’t sold your existing one and don’t have the finance to buy it without selling first. If Fulham have made a firm offer, then they are in a position to complete the purchase, while we are waiting on sales to fund ours. Now Sporting may be comfortable with either deal, but the player is being asked to choose certainty or uncertainty as things stand. That likely puts Fulham in pole position if he’s making a decision this week, as Romano has said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom