Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of it but I can imagine Lage going with Jonny rcb so they can flip in and out of a back 3 and 4 through out games.
Can also imagine Chiquinho and Giles getting plenty of opportunity as wingbacks for their crossing, especially once we get a target man style centre forward.

We could very well run with a large contingent of U23s in the squad for next season so they can split their time between the U23s (in a better league) and the first team.

I hope you're right regarding Chiquinho and Giles, but I think one, maybe even both might be out on loan next season due to their age meaning they would need to be registered as over 21s.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
@Cornwall Wolf , anything of note that would indicate anything before July?
Sorry no .. dont forget overseas transfer window opens July 1st .. also a lot of clubs have loan players where deal does not end until Jun 30th .. add on players holidays .. July looks spot on .. there are a number of deals being worked on ..

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could very well run with a large contingent of U23s in the squad for next season so they can split their time between the U23s (in a better league) and the first team.

I hope you're right regarding Chiquinho and Giles, but I think one, maybe even both might be out on loan next season due to their age meaning they would need to be registered as over 21s.
Giles is homegrown so doesn’t really matter much as I don’t see us having over 25 senior players.
We might get close to the 17 senior foreign players but even with that I’d expect room for Chiquinho.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giles is homegrown so doesn’t really matter much as I don’t see us having over 25 senior players.
We might get close to the 17 senior foreign players but even with that I’d expect room for Chiquinho.

Assuming we bring in 4 new players and they're all foreign, plus Adama or a replacement, we would have 15 (Sa, Semedo, Jonny, Boly, Toti, Donk, Moutinho, Neto, Jimenez, Hwang, Traore (or new winger), new target man, new CM, new DM, new CB).

That would mean 2 of Bolla, Jordao and Chiquinho would be fine.

So yeah, you're right, room for both Giles and Chiquinho.

MiddlesexWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Sorry no .. dont forget overseas transfer window opens July 1st .. also a lot of clubs have loan players where deal does not end until Jun 30th .. add on players holidays .. July looks spot on .. there are a number of deals being worked on ..

Thanks for the snippet. Are you happy with what deals you have heard about? Appreciate you can't say much and things can change.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
thanks cornwall

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Barca sign a youngster today Torre his name 5 mil euros something like that.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I'm imagining a scene in Gestifute HQ right now, Jorge and his boys all standing around a James Bond style interactive table with 3D avatars of teams, managers and players, studiously swiping them around matching up requirements, wages, transfer fees, and commission, with an overall profit totaliser on a big screen TV and an LED ticker going around the room of all the transfers as they happen.

Once the magic number on the totaliser is reached and everyone is in position on the screen, Jorge presses a huge green button and the carousel starts spinning.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Porto president Pinto da Costa tells Record: “We’ve received a concrete proposal for Vitinha, yes - it was a good bid but we did not accept”

Could this be united ?

I’m wondering where neves is going to go and if he goes at this point. I’m still in the mind of yes but maybe money plus player deal to Barca

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Porto president Pinto da Costa tells Record: “We’ve received a concrete proposal for Vitinha, yes - it was a good bid but we did not accept”

Could this be united ?

I’m wondering where neves is going to go and if he goes at this point. I’m still in the mind of yes but maybe money plus player deal to Barca
For a club that is supposed to be working in different ways, spotting young talent and developing them in order to be self sustainable, we didn’t half monumentally **** that Vitinha deal up.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For a club that is supposed to be working in different ways, spotting young talent and developing them in order to be self sustainable, we didn’t half monumentally **** that Vitinha deal up.

All in hindsight but at the time he didn’t have the value to sign him for that much at the the time. It’s easy to say we should have signed him now, tbf we do spot good young talent, problem is they need to play to develop at the right level, the big 6 have that luxury to spend on that type of player.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It was obvious last season that we were going to regret not signing him. I didn't think it would happen this quickly though, that he would move on to much bigger things.

He was horribly misused by Nuno and then it was a huge misjudgement not to complete the transfer in the summer.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
It was obvious last season that we were going to regret not signing him. I didn't think it would happen this quickly though, that he would move on to much bigger things.

He was horribly misused by Nuno and then it was a huge misjudgement not to complete the transfer in the summer.
He didn’t want to sign which isn’t surprising after last season

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

On what basis would you have completed the transfer though he didn’t have many good games due to lack of time. Saying in hindsight he’s worth more and played well for Porto, doesn’t mean he would have for u

Plus why would he want to stay he got barely any game time

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All in hindsight but at the time he didn’t have the value to sign him for that much at the the time. It’s easy to say we should have signed him now, tbf we do spot good young talent, problem is they need to play to develop at the right level, the big 6 have that luxury to spend on that type of player.

For me not hindsight when we all saw the glimpses the season he was here, they saw him train every day, play for Portugal 21s and heavily scouted him before hand, we also could have really used him last season!

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Could this be united ?

What price this is repeated with Trincao in a year's time?

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Why did we barely play him?
Did he come here to clean Moutinho's boots? I don't get it.
No idea. Who knows why they didn't sign him. If i'm hazarding a guess it would be because when he was here he didn't impress enough.
In fairness he was a bit lightweight. Like others have said similar to Trincao last season.
IMV Vitinha is still a bit on the lightweight side, although not as much as when he played here.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah, if we'd have signed him for the £20m option last season, he would be nowhere near the level he's at now as he wouldn't have played anywhere near the amount of games he's played at Porto. He'd probably still only worth £20m, if not less.

It's about risk and reward. Sometimes there's a risk signing players, sometimes there's a risk not signing them.

The club generally get this right with lower end transfers like Mir, who bought for just under £2m and was sold for a £12m+ profit.

When you're spending £20m plus on a player that won't play every week, it's a big part of your budget to risk them not developing as quickly as you would like, partly as we've already seen with Fabio Silva. Bigger clubs could have bought him for £20m and maybe loaned him back to Porto to develop. We don't have that luxury, so it's far more of a gamble.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea. Who knows why they didn't sign him. If i'm hazarding a guess it would be because when he was here he didn't impress enough.
In fairness he was a bit lightweight. Like others have said similar to Trincao last season.
IMV Vitinha is still a bit on the lightweight side, although not as much as when he played here.
I know why we didn't sign him. We barely played him. And had recently paid a big fee for another kid that we struggled to justify.
I just don't understand why we barely played him. "Too many kids" apparently.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully with a decent sell-on clause in case he finally comes good....

I wouldn't bother wasting the ink on the printer.

Very limited, old-school striker. Will spend the rest of his career as a journeyman.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wolves don’t do attacking midfielders. Not sure if Bruno will be able to change this mentality either, seeing as he was happy for our only other attacking mf option to go out on loan.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me not hindsight when we all saw the glimpses the season he was here, they saw him train every day, play for Portugal 21s and heavily scouted him before hand, we also could have really used him last season!
Would we have really used him though? Or would moutinho have started 3 games a week?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was a big Nuno fan but the failing of Vitinha falls squarely with him. The latter part of his tenure both Neves and Moutinho were out of form (Bruno deserves some credit for getting them back at it this year) but he didn’t play Vitinha and bizarrely picked Ottasowie who can’t get a kick in the Belgian farmer league.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was a big Nuno fan but the failing of Vitinha falls squarely with him. The latter part of his tenure both Neves and Moutinho were out of form (Bruno deserves some credit for getting them back at it this year) but he didn’t play Vitinha and bizarrely picked Ottasowie who can’t get a kick in the Belgian farmer league.
i think vitinha plays under bruno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom